Parent Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 185 on Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:41 pm
Just popped in

Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

Comments: 0

Anyone still here?

Tue May 17, 2011 11:39 am by MommaBear

Comments: 7

Latest topics
» Kerala Flats: “An Abode Built In Harmony”
Christmas Meme EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 7:04 am by jesobere

» So who is who?
Christmas Meme EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 4:39 am by Nikki985

» Pregnant!!
Christmas Meme EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 8:03 pm by mscherry42

» Anyone else in the TWW?
Christmas Meme EmptyWed May 22, 2013 7:40 am by Nelli2013

» Just popped in
Christmas Meme EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

» Organic Baby Products - For my Baby!!!!!!!!
Christmas Meme EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 1:49 am by sarahgreen

» On to #3!!
Christmas Meme EmptyThu May 17, 2012 2:53 pm by Angel

» Nexplanon implant
Christmas Meme EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 2:04 pm by lindzee

» TTC'rs ,Charters and Chart Cheerleaders! 2010~
Christmas Meme EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 1:57 pm by lindzee

Gallery

Christmas Meme Empty
Statistics
We have 90 registered users
The newest registered user is galaxy1981

Our users have posted a total of 28198 messages in 1516 subjects
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

Christmas Meme

+2
BethG
lindzee
6 posters

Go down

Christmas Meme Empty Christmas Meme

Post  lindzee Sat Dec 26, 2009 6:59 pm

Looking forward to some of you doing this - it was fun!!! Smile/happy

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? I like wrapping paper, but do use gift bags as well.

2. Real tree or Artificial? Artificial. We had a real tree our first year living here and it was kind of a pain. And not very environmentally friendly.

3. When do you put up the tree? Any time after DH's birthday [November 20th], but never before. It is not allowed! Tongue

4. When do you take the tree down? Usually sometime after New Year's. I hate taking all the decorations down, it makes me sad.

5. Do you like eggnog? I like the light eggnog.

6. Favorite gift received as a child? Probably any kind of dolls or babies or things like that.

7. Hardest person to buy for? DH's parents. They have everything or they could buy themselves everything.

8. Easiest person to buy for? Certain friends or DH.

9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes it is the Willow Tree one.

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? I think I did used to mail some, but that was a few years ago. I think next year I will attempt to send them again.

11. Worst Christmas ever? I don't think I have ever had a terrible Christmas.

12. Favorite Christmas Movie(s)? DH and I love "The Polar Express" and we watch it every year. It makes me teary eyed every time. My brother and I always loved watching "A Christmas Story" with Ralphie and his BB gun and I bought it for him a couple years ago.

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? I try to start at the end of November. This year I had almost everything bought the first week of December.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Yes. Who hasn't??

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Christmas baking and Christmas dinner.

16. Lights on the tree? Definitely! I like white lights best.

17. Favorite Christmas song? Oh Holy Night, The Little Drummer Boy and A Baby Changes Everything. Okay, there are lots!

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Stay home.

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Just sing the opening line to "Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer!"

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas morning. But we usually have two separate Christmases with different family: one on Christmas Eve one on Christmas Day. So I guess both.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? People who forget about the Christmas spirit.

23. Favorite ornament theme or color? We don't have a theme.

24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? DH's mom makes a great dinner with lots of my faves like turkey, sweet potatoes, etc.

25. What do you want for Christmas this year next year? A baby.
lindzee
lindzee
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Number of posts : 703
Loyalty Rating : 19680
Registration date : 2009-06-23

Back to top Go down

Christmas Meme Empty Re: Christmas Meme

Post  BethG Sat Dec 26, 2009 9:39 pm

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper with BOWS! Although I do use a few gift bags for extra small or extra big stuff.
2. Real tree or Artificial? Artificial
3. When do you put up the tree? Usually the first weekend in Dec.
4. When do you take the tree down? Usually the first weekend after New Years.
5. Do you like eggnog? No
6. Favorite gift received as a child? Rub-a-dub Dolly
7. Hardest person to buy for? My boss!
8. Easiest person to buy for? Hubby
9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes, but I haven't put it up for a few years. No room.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail
11. Worst Christmas ever? Hmmmm, maybe the one where my mom gave me a calendar and pantyhose (and other things)
12. Favorite Christmas Movie(s)? A Christmas Story
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Immediately after Thanksgiving, although I will pick stuff up earlier if I know someone will like it/wants it. Particularly hubby.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Yes, a Chia Pet! Smile/happy
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Cookies and Candy!
16. Lights on the tree? Yes, multi-colored ones.
17. Favorite Christmas song? Traditional hymns
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Travel to family but only like 12 miles or so
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Yes, if I think about it.
20 -- what happened to 20???
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Actually hubby makes me wait until Christmas Day night.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? People!
23. Favorite ornament theme or color? I cross-stitch a lot of my ornaments. I particularly like Santas.
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? The ones my late Grandma used to make
25. What do you want for Christmas? Diamond earrings and a Mustang or Camaro!
BethG
BethG
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1776
Loyalty Rating : 22581
Registration date : 2008-10-08

Back to top Go down

Post  lindzee Sat Dec 26, 2009 9:54 pm

Ch-ch-ch-ch-ch-ia!!!! Tongue LOL!!!

And I have no idea what happened to number 20?! I copied and pasted this from a blog.... Maybe we should make up our own question???
lindzee
lindzee
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Angel Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:31 pm

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper,I actually quite like sitting with a glass of wine,some xmas music in front of the fire when the kids are in bed and wrapping things.
3. When do you put up the tree? Usually the first weekend in Dec.
4. When do you take the tree down? Usually the first weekend after New Years.
5. Do you like eggnog? hmmm,I can tollerate a glass of it with some liquor in it!
6. Favorite gift received as a child? Rub-a-dub Dolly
7. Hardest person to buy for? My in laws,they don't like anything except photos,so pretty unorriginal each oyear
8. Easiest person to buy for? the kids,so many option and Teo wants everything
9. Do you have a nativity scene?Nope
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? E-mail,I suck at snail mail
11. Worst Christmas ever? When I travelled the UK from france to spend it with my father,the people I rode with Chained smoked the whole way there,the ferry almost had to turn around coz the sea was so rough and once I got there I got the flu and kept it till the day after xmas,not good LOL
12. Favorite Christmas Movie(s)? Miracle on 34th street,but not the old version,love actually and santa clause the movie with dudley moore
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Immediately after Thanksgiving
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?Probably
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? I love the traditional roast
16. Lights on the tree? White thiz year,might do colours next year.
17. Favorite Christmas song? have yourself a merry little xmas
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? try not to travel ugh
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? um...dasher,dancer,prancer,donner,blitzen,cupid,rudolphe am I forgetting one?
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? One gift at midnight on xmas eve,then the rest in the mornig stupidly early! lol.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? fights about in laws and travelling/visiting arrangements
23. Favorite ornament theme or color? Classy,cosy,gold and white or silver but will do something different next year
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? My mums Cry
25. What do you want for Christmas?a ranch in the country,my own car that doesnt smell last fast food and ciggarettes that has ac that works,a new juicer,new cooking equipment and partridge in a pear tree...too greedy you say?I am quite happy with what I got,very lucky am I Smile/happy
Angel
Angel
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2197
Loyalty Rating : 21217
Registration date : 2008-09-09

https://parentise.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  lindzee Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:35 pm

Yes, Love Actually is a great Christmas movie choice Angel!! I totally forgot about that one!! Smile/happy
lindzee
lindzee
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  BethG Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:41 am

Ummmm, Holi? You got a Rub-a-Dub Dolly one year too?!? LOL!

I found this....curiously enough, the little girl looks remarkably like me as a kid!
http://www.inthe70s.com/toys/rubadubdolly0.shtml

Seems like other little girls loved that doll too! I pretty sure mine is still at my folks' house. Since they have only grandsons, I'm pretty sure that's one part of my childhood that my mom has not given to my brother and his kids (sense some anger there? Yeah, you got it). My doll would be about 33, maybe 34 years old, I'm guessing.
BethG
BethG
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1776
Loyalty Rating : 22581
Registration date : 2008-10-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Lou Lou Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:41 am

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Last year I used a lot of bags (probably because Owen was little and it was easy but this year I wrapped every single gift in wrapping paper with bows!!! I saved a TON of money!!!!!
3. When do you put up the tree? Usually right after Thanksgiving but I was stressed about it this year so I put it up right before Thanksgiving. Don't judge me! lol!!!
4. When do you take the tree down? I'll probably take it down the day after New Year's or on New Years. I just do it when the mood strikes!
5. Do you like eggnog? I'm not a big fan - spiked or not.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? My Cabbage Patch doll. Her given name was Dorita Borita. I later changed it to Michelle.
7. Hardest person to buy for? My husband!!!!
8. Easiest person to buy for? My mother, sister and Owen
9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes!!!!
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Usually snail mail but I didn't get them out this year. I may send a New Year's card!
11. Worst Christmas ever? I don't recall a "worst" Christmas. Usually something doesn't go quite the way I planned but I get over it pretty quickly.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie(s)? Elf and A Christmas Story
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? I usually start mid October. With Owen I actually bought a few things back in August!!!
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Not a Christmas Gift.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? It looks a lot like Thanksgiving.... turkey, ham, dressing, etc.
16. Lights on the tree? White but I'll probably add a little color for O next year.
17. Favorite Christmas song? I'm with Beth - traditional hymns are my favorite but I do love Harry Connic (?) Jr.'s Christmas CD.
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? we are usually in town or within an hour drive - it's not too bad!
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? dasher, dancer, prancer, vixen, comet, cupid, donner, blitzen and rudolph.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? well, we open on Christmas eve with my parent's and bro/sisters. With Owen on Christmas morning and my DH's family on Christmas Night.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? My DH and I almost always have a fight.
23. Favorite ornament theme or color? Red, Gold, Silver, White
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? My grandmother's cornbread dressing. I learned to make it last year and now I am in charge of it and it makes me feel all special!!!! : )
25. What do you want for Christmas? Well, there are tons of things I would like to have received for Christmas but I'm pretty pleased with what I was given. My greatest Christmas wish is for everyone that I know and love to know the love of Jesus. I seemed to have been very aware of WHY we celebrate Christmas and I think it made the season so much more special to me.

Lou Lou
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1345
Loyalty Rating : 20166
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Angel Sun Dec 27, 2009 2:30 pm

BethG wrote:Ummmm, Holi? You got a Rub-a-Dub Dolly one year too?!? LOL!

I found this....curiously enough, the little girl looks remarkably like me as a kid!
http://www.inthe70s.com/toys/rubadubdolly0.shtml

Seems like other little girls loved that doll too! I pretty sure mine is still at my folks' house. Since they have only grandsons, I'm pretty sure that's one part of my childhood that my mom has not given to my brother and his kids (sense some anger there? Yeah, you got it). My doll would be about 33, maybe 34 years old, I'm guessing.

look Beth,I can't help it if I wanted to live vicariously thorugh your childhood for just a moment can i? LOL just kidding,I htink I must have just missed the question n left it black,don't even know that is till I look at that link LOL
Angel
Angel
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2197
Loyalty Rating : 21217
Registration date : 2008-09-09

https://parentise.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Gutter Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:32 pm

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? wrapping paper
3. When do you put up the tree? After my bday on dec 4th
4. When do you take the tree down? Whenever I feel like it, usually after new years though
5. Do you like eggnog? No
6. Favorite gift received as a child? honestly can't remember, couldn't of been that great of gift considering I was brought up poor.
7. Hardest person to buy for? MIL
8. Easiest person to buy for? hubby
9. Do you have a nativity scene? Used to, but it broke from so many times moving
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail
11. Worst Christmas ever? Drunken family gatherings
12. Favorite Christmas Movie(s)? A Christmas Story
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Normally a month before, but I'll get smarter now that I have 2 kids.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? nope
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? eggrolls, but this year i didn't have the time to make them
16. Lights on the tree? Yes, white ones
17. Favorite Christmas song? Traditional hymns
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? We only travel for one day thenstay home the rest of the holidays. 10 hours one way is too much travelling in the dead of winter.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? How many are there??
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas Eve for our gifts and Christmas morn for Santa gifts. This year it was all in the morn b/c we got home at 10pm on xmas eve
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? crowds
23. Favorite ornament theme or color? none in particular
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? I have never in 8.5 years made an xmas dinner....oops
25. What do you want for Christmas? Well I got a 4 slice toaster, Lock &lock tupperware and a mini laptop.

Gutter
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1455
Loyalty Rating : 19984
Registration date : 2008-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily*Blossom Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:16 pm

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper.
2. Real tree or Artificial? We have an artificial because it is cost efficient, but I grew up with a real tree.
3. When do you put up the tree? Day after Thanksgiving.
4. When do you take the tree down? January 2nd
5. Do you like eggnog? The taste isn't bad, but the texture is horrific.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? One year we got all this cabbage patch doll stuff. Buggy, dolls, bottles, everything. I loved it.
7. Hardest person to buy for? My husband. He never wants anything, and he is SUPER picky.
8. Easiest person to buy for? Kiddos
9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? E-mail. Perhaps one year I'll get fancy and send them by mail. But email is free!
11. Worst Christmas ever? I don't remember. I have no ill memories of Christmas per say. I remember being really sick in high school on Christmas and that stunk.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie(s)? A Christmas Story, Love Actually, It's a Wonderful Life, Home Alone.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? I start early if I see a good sale. It can be summer time, I don't care, as long as it's on sale!
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Yes, as a kid.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? I love ham and also making my Grandma's Sugar cookie recipe.
16. Lights on the tree? White. Color bugs me on the tree. Outside I like colored ones. But NO BLINKING LIGHTS!
17. Favorite Christmas song? Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Right now when the kids are little, stay home. When they are older than four, I would like to travel.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Yes. But I don't feel like it.
20 -- what happened to 20?
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? In my husbands Hungarian culture, they do the presents on Christmas Eve. However, in my family the tradition was to open pajamas Christmas Eve, and then do the big presents on Christmas morning.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? The amount of pressure people put on themselves to go crazy and shop like mad men. It's ridiculous. We had a small Christmas and that was fine.
23. Favorite ornament theme or color? I like the old glass bulbs we had as kids, all different colors.
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Wasn't a similar version of this in question 15. I'll say it again, HAM. I also do artichokes and butternut squash.
25. What do you want for Christmas? My husband's ex to disappear so we can have custody of my step-son. Tongue
Lily*Blossom
Lily*Blossom

Number of posts : 1880
Loyalty Rating : 20775
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down