Parent Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 185 on Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:41 pm
Just popped in

Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

Comments: 0

Anyone still here?

Tue May 17, 2011 11:39 am by MommaBear

Comments: 7

Latest topics
» Kerala Flats: “An Abode Built In Harmony”
Pregnancy Chat All Stages Welcome 2010 - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 7:04 am by jesobere

» So who is who?
Pregnancy Chat All Stages Welcome 2010 - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 4:39 am by Nikki985

» Pregnant!!
Pregnancy Chat All Stages Welcome 2010 - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 8:03 pm by mscherry42

» Anyone else in the TWW?
Pregnancy Chat All Stages Welcome 2010 - Page 2 EmptyWed May 22, 2013 7:40 am by Nelli2013

» Just popped in
Pregnancy Chat All Stages Welcome 2010 - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

» Organic Baby Products - For my Baby!!!!!!!!
Pregnancy Chat All Stages Welcome 2010 - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 1:49 am by sarahgreen

» On to #3!!
Pregnancy Chat All Stages Welcome 2010 - Page 2 EmptyThu May 17, 2012 2:53 pm by Angel

» Nexplanon implant
Pregnancy Chat All Stages Welcome 2010 - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 2:04 pm by lindzee

» TTC'rs ,Charters and Chart Cheerleaders! 2010~
Pregnancy Chat All Stages Welcome 2010 - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 1:57 pm by lindzee

Gallery

Pregnancy Chat All Stages Welcome 2010 - Page 2 Empty
Statistics
We have 90 registered users
The newest registered user is galaxy1981

Our users have posted a total of 28198 messages in 1516 subjects
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

Pregnancy Chat All Stages Welcome 2010

+16
Leeaman
mscherry42
Ginny
Lou Lou
Gutter
BethG
lindzee
Lily*Blossom
MommaBear
chrisb
Georgi
pringle
sparkles
skyllar
galaxy
Angel
20 posters

Page 2 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 18  Next

Go down

Pregnancy Chat All Stages Welcome 2010 - Page 2 Empty Re: Pregnancy Chat All Stages Welcome 2010

Post  Lily*Blossom Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:58 pm

babydust babydust babydust babydust babydust babydust babydust babydust babydust babydust babydust babydust babydust babydust babydust babydust babydust babydust

That is for Lindzee and BethG Smile/happy
Lily*Blossom
Lily*Blossom

Number of posts : 1880
Loyalty Rating : 20841
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Back to top Go down

Pregnancy Chat All Stages Welcome 2010 - Page 2 Empty Re: Pregnancy Chat All Stages Welcome 2010

Post  pringle Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:18 pm

congratulation tiff Smile/happy Smile/happy Smile/happy Smile/happy Smile/happy Smile/happy Smile/happy Smile/happy Smile/happy jump jump jump jump jump jump

pringle

Number of posts : 35
Loyalty Rating : 16954
Registration date : 2008-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Gutter Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:31 pm

cONGRATULATIONS TIFF!!!! I'M SOOO HAPPY FOR YOU!!

galaxy wrote:You look fab in your pregnancy pics Sparkles. I have re-planned my glucose test for Monday I have growth scans coming up and a placental localisation so lots of opoprtunities to see baby. I still have my heart set on a vbac (vaginal birth after caesarean) but I got really upset yesterday as my friend posted pics of her daughter's still born baby on facebook. I shouldn't have looked but did. It was the result of a traumatic birth and I keep thinking am I doing the right thing. Is part of me feeling so stubborn about where I give birth because of the comments my sil amd mil have made about me having a c-section? I do really want a low key birth so it's great that they have the midwife led unit in the hospital so it's just a doors width away from the high tech unti but I want my baby to be safe at the same time. I make the worst patient and I fear that I won't relax properly on the high tech bit and that it would interfere with the labour. On the other hand, I have this gut feeling I won't go over 40 weeks this time, have no idea why I feel that but if I have this baby earlier, there is every chance it would be smaller. Molly was 10lb 11oz and her head circumferance was above the 95th centile. I know loads of people have big babies with no problems but I am scared. My sil had a 9lb 12oz baby with no tears and her and her mother just keep going on about it. DH thinks he wasn't that weight as he didn't look it and wouldn't be surprised if they just said that to upset me (that's what they are like)! They go on about it all the time and whenever Molly's weight is mentioned they say it doesn't count as she wasn't pushed out! It's stupid and childish but it gets to me. Anyway, my consultant was lovely and I'm seeing him towards the end of the pregnancy as Molly didn't measure big until I got to the late stages. I am continuing with my acu and she will help me toward the end to get the baby in a good position and induce labour so I don't go over and I will go crazy with the epo and rlt and bouncing on the birth ball but having said this, I now have to keep fingers crossed that the placenta moves!

Hey Emma sweetie!
I just read your post and it just irks me to hear about you not giving birth naturally doesn't really 'count'. I think it's great that you had a c-section experience and now you can finally attempt a natural birth aswell. Also remember that your babies get bigger and bigger the longer they stay in there. I had Audrey naturally at 9 lbs 9.5 oz and she tore me and I got an episiotomy too and she was born only 3 days late. Jasper was born 2 weeks early, therefore I knew I could have him naturally without much problems and I just tore slightly with him being 8 lbs 14oz. Now you 'may' be able to push out a bigger baby then Molly, BUT it may be a traumatizing birth with tears and episiotomies which in my experience were very traumatic, but if you can't push out a big baby, you can certainly have an e-csection. There are plenty of risks to any birth of course, even death of a mother, so don't think of your friends stillborn......it can happen but you don't think of that kind of stuff, you just stay positive that you will have a healthy child in the end. I don't think they interfere with helping induce you early there, so it's possible you may go late. I read on the other site that evening primrose oil helps to induce you somehow, maybe look at other alternatives to try and get that baby out earlier, because then you may most definately have a shot at a natural birth. Please don't be upset if you end up having another c-section.....you have a beautiful girl named Molly and she came out big, beautfiul and healthy from a c-section. Good luck sweetie, thinking of you! xxx

Gutter
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1455
Loyalty Rating : 20050
Registration date : 2008-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  skyllar Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:50 pm

Congrats, Tiff!!!! That is so very exciting!!! I am so thrilled for you. And we get to be pregnant together again. Smile/happy

jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump jump
skyllar
skyllar
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1593
Loyalty Rating : 21040
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily*Blossom Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:15 pm

Thanks ladies! I am so so so excited. It is finally hitting me.

Symptoms so far at 13 dpo are very full and veiny breasts, increased appetite, fatigue, and a pulling/aching in my uterus.

I have just changed my avatar. I am hoping for another girl, and we will name her Rosalie, and call her Rosie for short. So two girls named after my two favorite flowers.
Lily*Blossom
Lily*Blossom

Back to top Go down

Post  skyllar Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:17 pm

Awww, that's cute, Tiff, your new avatar. Love it! Smile/happy
skyllar
skyllar
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1593
Loyalty Rating : 21040

Back to top Go down

Post  chrisb Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:14 pm

Tiff, I just read the news. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! You said you felt likeyou were pregnant and you were right.
chrisb
chrisb
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Number of posts : 302
Loyalty Rating : 17796
Registration date : 2008-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post  sparkles Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:57 am

Congrats Tiff, i am soooo happy for you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! woo hoo
Lindzee i hope you can join us soon hun
xoxo

i cant believe its happening so fast for us second time around and ithat we are all having second bubs that were pregnant together the first time, how special xoxo Smile/happy
sparkles
sparkles
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1294
Loyalty Rating : 19542
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgi Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:39 am

YAY!!!!! Congratulations Tiff Smile/happy September is a wonderful time of year to have a baby it's funny to think his/her first Christmas will actually be this year!!!!! I just read your hoping for another girl Smile/happy I hope you get your wish!! Really pleased for you I knew you probably were pregnant cos both previous times you had the same feeling!!

I had my consultants appointment this morning and rather disappointingly my cervix is closed the consultant tried to stretch it open ( bloody ouch!!!) but my cervix is being stubborn lol!!!! I am booked in to have another attempt at the sweep and stretch next Monday.

I did get REALLY pleasing news which is they won't consider inducing me until I am at least a week late Smile/happy this is actually really good news as they want to allow my body the best chance of a natural delivery therefore no induction date hax Been set allowing me to relax and stay focused Smile/happy if I had a date set personally for me I would feel like I had a deadline I know being induced doesn't mean I would end up with another section but it does increase the chances.
Georgi
Georgi
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2544
Loyalty Rating : 21336
Registration date : 2008-09-09

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/Cleo

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgi Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:46 am

Sorry ended up posting that before I'd finished.

I have had a rather convincing show since my appointment but it's obvious it's just from the vaginal examination so I'm not getting excited....it might help dislodge my plug though! Smile/happy

My baby girl is 100% head down which is fantastic Smile/happy

I've just gotta sit back and allow nature to take over !!!
Georgi
Georgi
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily*Blossom Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:47 am

Georgi, it's too bad they can't send you home with some cervidil. It's a string dipped in hormones that softens the cervix. I was dilated to a 2 after just one night with that string up inside me. I hope your cervix softens up soon and that you get the labor and delivery you are hoping for.

I am excited for a September baby, but not about the fact that I will be HUGE during the summer. It is going to be HELL ON EARTH being pregnant in the summer here in Arizona with daily temperatures of 46.1 degrees celsius. Thank goodness for air conditioning!! Smile/happy
Lily*Blossom
Lily*Blossom

Back to top Go down

Post  galaxy Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:21 am

Firstly, a MASSIVE congratulations to Tiff, how exciting and blimey you are fertile to get pregnant that quickly, he he! Hope you don't get too sick this time around. Look forward to seeing you grow!

ChrisB, you made me laugh with that last bit. Everything you say makes sense, just wish I could hammer it into my sil and mil stupids heads so they stoppped saying things. I have better days where I can be rational.

Gutter, thank you honey. I know I have gone on about this in the past, it's just some days it bothers me more than others.

AFM, had a bit of a scare this weekend as I hadn't felt too much movement on Friday and Saturday morning and then nothing Saturday night and Sunday morning and baby is quite vigorous first and last thing of the day. I called my midwife and she asked to see me within the hour. Was a nightmare getting there with this weather but when I finally did, the heartbeat was strong and after palpating my tummy baby woke up and wouldn't stop moving. Had my glucose test this morning which has left me feeling really ill but hopefully will get my results when I see midwife on Wednesday and then I have my first growth scan on Monday. Can't wait to see bubs again!
galaxy
galaxy
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Number of posts : 768
Loyalty Rating : 19662

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/12fd6f

Back to top Go down

Post  Angel Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:46 am

Galaxy,sorry about your scare,gald everythings ok though.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOoH Georgi,How exciting.Do you think the EPO has helped with your cervix? I will be watching you like a hawk on FB and here for signs of labour LOL! Can't wait...so exciting... Smile/happy
Angel
Angel
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2197
Loyalty Rating : 21283

https://parentise.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgi Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:44 am

Well clearly not because my cervix is still closed LOL!! Tongue but it's all good I have since been told by Ash and Ginny from their own experiences that being dilated doesn't necessarily mean that labour is inament, the fact that the hospital are willing to wait for up to 10 days for me to go into spontaneous labour again rather than just immediately assigning a date for induction out weighs the disappointment of not being even slightly dilated.

I did want to ask ALL of you that have had sweeps though............Did you bleed afterwards???? I am still bleeding quite heavy now and it's red blood rather than brown the stretch was at 10am this morning and it's now nearly 5pm, do you think this amount of bleeding is normal?????

Emma, sorry to hear about your scare always better to get these thing's checked out..baby boy must have been tired or perhaps having a little growth spurt??
Georgi
Georgi
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Gutter Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:15 pm

Georgi, I remember cramping and such, but not bright red blood....maybe some brown discharge.

Gutter
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  Angel Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:17 pm

Hmmm,I didn't bleed babe.Can you call the midwife n ask her? Where was your placenta when you had a scan? was it nice n high? Just call and ask as a precaution to make sure.Remmeber that the vaginal walls are susseptable to bleeding when pregnant because of the blood vessls being closer to the surface and generally higher blood flow.
Angel
Angel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgi Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:25 pm

My placenta is out of the way of the cervix according to my last scan at 21 weeks no-one has checked it since as there has been no need I guess.

I am still bleeding but it is like the end of a period now so maybe that'll be it....I will keep an eye on it but I am not too concerned as I have a midwife appointment first thing in the morning so I will get her to check it out 'if' it continues!
Georgi
Georgi
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MommaBear Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:44 pm

Emma - I completely missed your post. I am sure those pics were disturbing. I didn't realize you had a big baby too. I am in complete agreement with Gutter. I had a 10lb 2oz baby (a week overdue) but it was still assisted and I can honestly say I was getting exhausted by the end. The pushing was 10 times harder than the early labor because I just wasn't getting anywhere. C sections are major surgery I would never fault anyone for having to go either route. Everyone's experience is difference and I think that is why my doc doesn't want to see another baby over 10 lbs for me either. I just keep telling the little one that it needs to be ready to come out at 10 lbs. It can be my perfect 10 baby. They want to induce me early to avoid a big baby and I too am thinking EPO and RLT will be my best friend. I hope your placenta moves out of the way for you but whatever happens as long as you are both healthy is all that matters. I am also glad you and the little one are ok. It can be scary when they don't move after being so active.

Chrisb - You are too funny. A pound definitely makes a big difference.

Tiff - Congratulations!!! I love the name you have planned.

Georgi - That is great news that they won't induce you until after a week. And I know what you mean about having a date set up. It is why I ended up taking castor oil so I could avoid it. It sounds like you are doing everything you can hang in there. At least she is in the right position to come.

I have had horrible indigestion or at least that is what I think it is for the past week and my hormones are going crazy. I never had it with Isaac so this is completely new. I have been trying to make my meals smaller and not eat late but last night I was so uncomfortable. Anyone have any good tricks or remedies? Sometimes I think this little one is just sitting higher or wiggling around more.

It is great to see the thread so active again.

Last edited by MommaBear on Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
MommaBear
MommaBear
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Number of posts : 304
Loyalty Rating : 17959
Registration date : 2008-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post  galaxy Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:22 pm

Georgi, I was lucky and didn't even have a show or spotting with my sweeps but I was told that the bleeding could be quite heavy but not to worry unless it contained clots or went on for a period of time (can't remember how long?!). Other people I have spoken to have bled a fair amount but I guess it means they did a good job so hopefully this means it will work. Even if it doesn't kick start labour, it may just give things a nudge in the right direction so if you have a second sweep in 48 hrs you may find you have progressed a little further. Did they say whether you are effaced or if the cervix is still posterior? Hope the bleeding settles as it must be scary no matter what. There is no harm in calling labour and delivery just to ask if it is normal, they may be able to put your mind at rest.

MommaBear, I had forgotten that you had a biggun too. I really appreciate everyone's support and I'm just trying to stay positive and hope that the acupuncture stops me going overdue. If I end up with a c-section for baby's safety then fair enough but I would just like to give a good shot. Sorry to hear about the heart burn. I have been luckier this time around as I suffered bad with Molly from about 17 weeks. I do have it occasionally but not severe unless I have eaten white bread or anything fatty. I have been having a milky drink before bed and that seems to help. Maybe this means a girl??
galaxy
galaxy
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  sparkles Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:26 pm

sorry havent really caught up and about to go to work, but georgi- they told me to expect light bleeding, i had brown bleeding ( mild) after my sweeps and mucus etc, but i also was losing mucus plug for two weeks and that was streaked with blood. please if it is heavy and your cramping bad go straight to the hospital just incase. And yay for bubs head down!!!!!! now just for that cervix to open lol

Tiff-
i hear you on being pregnant through summer, its sooo hot here and the humidity is the worse, but yes thank god for air con.
I have 2 1/2 weeks left of work and thank good ness, i have sooo much pressure " down there" sometimes it hurts to stand for too long and he sits so low it hurts lol, at least at home i can sit down and play with Kyrah.

Galaxy- sorry you had a scare but i am so glad bubs is doing good xoxo

Nicki- yout ummy does look so different already so much higher.hmmmm could be a pink one xo

well i actually think i caught up on most after all, i am also glad this thread is more active again, as I have been slack, so i am enthused again xo lol
sparkles
sparkles
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1294
Loyalty Rating : 19542
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgi Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:26 am

MommaBear wrote:Georgi - That is great news that they won't induce you until after a week. And I know what you mean about having a date set up. It is why I ended up taking castor oil so I could avoid it. It sounds like you are doing everything you can hang in there. At least she is in the right position to come.

and did it work??
Georgi
Georgi
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgi Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:27 am

galaxy wrote: Did they say whether you are effaced or if the cervix is still posterior?

Yes it's posterior Cry
Georgi
Georgi
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  galaxy Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:52 am

Don't feel too disheartened Georgi as like you said you are not really due until 16th. Where I am they won't sweep until a week over usually because of the fact that the cervix is usually not ripe before then. I know you must be fed up but this doesn't mean you won't go into labour soon x
galaxy
galaxy
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Angel Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:35 am

you are doing so great by the way,I know you are so ready and would embrace any pain or anything else.I would try not to be angry or depserate for it to happen (if you're following secret theory) depseration is a negative emotion (Georgi knows what I am tlaking about before you all thiknk I am wacko BTWLOL) so just say 'I'm read,I would love to meet my baby today but if it doesnt happen today,that's cool too.Let go of the Grrrrrr factor and I believe she will pop right out LOL Almost there either way sweety! <3 love you xxx
Angel
Angel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Gutter Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:49 pm

Georgi, becuase you are measuring smaller, is it possible that your due date is possibly wrong?? My sister had her baby at 40 weeks and when her little girl came out they figured she was 3 weeks early. I mean even with the technology and all, they mess up terribly. She was induced with the cervidil and that made things worse because her body wasn't ready, no dilation or effacement and then required a c-section. I would almost say wait over a week to get induced, but I'm not a medical proffessional by any means. I am sooo sorry you aren't getting any progress.... Cry thinking of you xx

Gutter
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 18 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 18  Next