Parent Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 185 on Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:41 pm
Just popped in

Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

Comments: 0

Anyone still here?

Tue May 17, 2011 11:39 am by MommaBear

Comments: 7

Latest topics
» Kerala Flats: “An Abode Built In Harmony”
Feeling Low :( EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 7:04 am by jesobere

» So who is who?
Feeling Low :( EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 4:39 am by Nikki985

» Pregnant!!
Feeling Low :( EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 8:03 pm by mscherry42

» Anyone else in the TWW?
Feeling Low :( EmptyWed May 22, 2013 7:40 am by Nelli2013

» Just popped in
Feeling Low :( EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

» Organic Baby Products - For my Baby!!!!!!!!
Feeling Low :( EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 1:49 am by sarahgreen

» On to #3!!
Feeling Low :( EmptyThu May 17, 2012 2:53 pm by Angel

» Nexplanon implant
Feeling Low :( EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 2:04 pm by lindzee

» TTC'rs ,Charters and Chart Cheerleaders! 2010~
Feeling Low :( EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 1:57 pm by lindzee

Gallery

Feeling Low :( Empty
Statistics
We have 90 registered users
The newest registered user is galaxy1981

Our users have posted a total of 28198 messages in 1516 subjects
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

Feeling Low :(

4 posters

Go down

Feeling Low :( Empty Feeling Low :(

Post  Lily*Blossom Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:54 pm

I never had mood problems when I was pregnant with LM, but being pregnant with my son is totally different. I feel sad, unmotivated, numb, etc. I am having trouble sleeping at night too, which I think may be adding to my issues. I feel tired all the time. My house is a mess (not like me). It's embarrassing. It's so messy that I wouldn't want anyone to come over.

I don't know what my issue is. I am usually very happy, very positive, ready to take on my day. Nothing. Nada. Zip. I am so excited to meet our son, and add to our family, but right now I feel very hopeless and miserable. Nothing is even wrong in particular. DH and I are getting along, he is starting a new position at work that should be better paying and beneficial to us.

I don't know what my problem is. Could it be iron levels messing with my moods? I got pretty anemic with LM, started getting dizzy, no energy, etc. I am starting to feel weak and shaky again, so maybe this is it.

My doctors appointment is next thursday, so I will talk to my doctor about a blood test to analyze my levels, etc. But this is awful.

I have a terrible headache too that I haven't been able to shake since last sunday. I have knots the size of Texas all down the right side of my neck, and my shoulders are so tensed up. DH is pretty much never home, he's at work and if he is home, he's working on school. I just feel overwhelmed and sad, and I don't know what to do, because I have NEVER had depression issues in my life before that I couldn't cure with some exercise, or a nap, or whatever.

Did any of you feel more emotional while being pregnant with your sons, than with your daughters??

xxoo
Lily*Blossom
Lily*Blossom

Number of posts : 1880
Loyalty Rating : 20778
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Back to top Go down

Feeling Low :( Empty Re: Feeling Low :(

Post  Lou Lou Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:17 pm

I just saw this and wanted to respond.
I can only speak of my own pregnancy with Owen but I did not have the symptoms of depression that you are having.
I DID have tremendous pain - tense shoulders, back and sciatic nerve problems and headaches. So I can relate a little to the not feeling good part. I imagine the stress of taking care of a little one while carrying another is playing a huge part in all of this. I often found a good hot bath helped and I also slept on a heating pad from 11 weeks on. I even took it to work!!!!

Do you have some friends in the area that might be able to help you a little? Even a play date for a few hours one morning may do you a world of good.

I wish I had more advice for you but I really just wanted to respond to your post. There is nothing worse than reaching out for help and not getting a response!!!!

Hang in there - I hope you have a good night. I'll say a prayer that you will be able to relax and get a good night's sleep.

love you!!!!!

Lou Lou
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1345
Loyalty Rating : 20169

Back to top Go down

Post  Angel Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:15 am

just wanted to say that although I didn' post a repsonse I did call Tiff to chat instead of posting.LOL I am not ignoring you on here sweety,but I know you knew that anyway,I think what Loulou said is good advice,you should see if you can get a playdate or some of those ever sweet friends at church who offer to help...ask em to watch LM for a morning while you rest or catch up on some reading or shopping,you deserve you time.I think the low feeling is probably largely attributed to hormones.The preggers ladies are famous for crying over a popsicle commercial so I would give it a few more days althoufh I know you told me you're feeling better and have managed to find a massage therapist which is grea.I hope it relieves your headaches too!tty tommorow hugs xsorry for rambelling...tired!night x
Angel
Angel
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2197
Loyalty Rating : 21220
Registration date : 2008-09-09

https://parentise.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Gutter Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:41 am

I feel this way when I'm not pregnant haha! I found I was more hormonal with Audrey then Jasper, but my SO would say the opposite. I think my SO was depressed during my pregnancy with Jasper because we hardly had any time to connect after having Audrey and then suddenly ended up pregnant again (planned by him) . He hardly touched me during my pregnancy, never spoke to our baby boy (he ALWAYS did with Audrey and read her stories), so you'd guess I wuold of felt lower with Jasper, but from what I can remember I thought it was worse with Audrey, but then again it could of been worse with Jasper because I had NO ONE support me....you know. I agree with Holi and Lou Lou to get out and have a playdate. I was really depressed last week and a friend of mine suggested I take the kids and go and see her 1.5 hours away.....so I did and I can back a brand new mommy Smile/happy It felt so good and she catered to me because she knows I have no one. I just recently made a mommy friend so I am looking forward to my life when I get back from my hometown.

Also when I'm depressed and such I have no energy or anything, but once I feel better, I am ready to accomplish anything. It doesn't mean you need anti-d's, just normal to have depressing days, WHICH is telling you you need to get out and interact and get out of that funk. I hope that helps hun!

Gutter
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1455
Loyalty Rating : 19987
Registration date : 2008-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily*Blossom Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:34 pm

Thanks lovies. I think a huge part of it is that I have had severe tension headaches recently which are dehabilitating. DH is very supportive of me having a regular massage and I found a lady that can come to my house while LM is napping and do prenatal massages for me.

Angel you are such a love for calling me yesterday and cleaning over the phone with me. My kitchen looks amazing and perfect and accomplishing that made me feel so much better about my house and now I have done my living room as well and it looks amazing. Thank you for reaching out to me.

DH wants me to pamper myself more with pedicures and massages and I fully intend to!!!!

Xxxxxxxxoooooo
Lily*Blossom
Lily*Blossom

Number of posts : 1880
Loyalty Rating : 20778

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down