Parent Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 185 on Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:41 pm
Just popped in

Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

Comments: 0

Anyone still here?

Tue May 17, 2011 11:39 am by MommaBear

Comments: 7

Latest topics
» Kerala Flats: “An Abode Built In Harmony”
**** Helens Preggo Diary ***** - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 7:04 am by jesobere

» So who is who?
**** Helens Preggo Diary ***** - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 4:39 am by Nikki985

» Pregnant!!
**** Helens Preggo Diary ***** - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 8:03 pm by mscherry42

» Anyone else in the TWW?
**** Helens Preggo Diary ***** - Page 3 EmptyWed May 22, 2013 7:40 am by Nelli2013

» Just popped in
**** Helens Preggo Diary ***** - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

» Organic Baby Products - For my Baby!!!!!!!!
**** Helens Preggo Diary ***** - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 1:49 am by sarahgreen

» On to #3!!
**** Helens Preggo Diary ***** - Page 3 EmptyThu May 17, 2012 2:53 pm by Angel

» Nexplanon implant
**** Helens Preggo Diary ***** - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 2:04 pm by lindzee

» TTC'rs ,Charters and Chart Cheerleaders! 2010~
**** Helens Preggo Diary ***** - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 1:57 pm by lindzee

Gallery

**** Helens Preggo Diary ***** - Page 3 Empty
Statistics
We have 90 registered users
The newest registered user is galaxy1981

Our users have posted a total of 28198 messages in 1516 subjects
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

**** Helens Preggo Diary *****

5 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

**** Helens Preggo Diary ***** - Page 3 Empty Re: **** Helens Preggo Diary *****

Post  Helen Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:03 pm

Well tomorrow I am 12 weeks !!!!!!

Can't believe the first 3 months have gone so quick !!!!!

I think I definatly have baby flutters, its becomming more and more noticeable so can't think it could be anything else !! Its also getting more frequent as well!!!!

Can't wait til the next few weeks when definatly can feel the movements as kicks !!!!
Helen
Helen
Rocket Fingers!!
Rocket Fingers!!

Number of posts : 1789
Loyalty Rating : 17629
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

**** Helens Preggo Diary ***** - Page 3 Empty Re: **** Helens Preggo Diary *****

Post  Helen Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:04 pm

Well today I am 12 weeks !!!

**** Helens Preggo Diary ***** - Page 3 3051b-L

**** Helens Preggo Diary ***** - Page 3 Fetaldev12

Your baby's face is beginning to look more human, even though she is only about 2 inches / 5.5 centimetres long from her crown to her rump and weighs slightly less than half an ounce/ 14 grams. The eyes, which started out on the sides of the head, have moved closer together. The ears are almost in their normal position on the side of the head. The liver is making bile and the kidneys are secreting urine in the bladder.

The fetus squirms if your abdomen is prodded, although you cannot yet feel movement. Fetal nerve cells have been multiplying rapidly and synapses (neurological connections in your brain) are forming. The fetus has acquired more reflexes: touching the palms makes the fingers close, touching the soles of the feet makes the toes curl down and touching the eyelids makes the eye muscles clench.

Your midwife can now feel the top of the uterus, also known as the fundus, low in the abdomen. As you enter the second trimester, you may find yourself donning looser, less restrictive clothing. Soon you won't be able to fit into your regular clothes any more.

You may now find that once the "sickness" feeling has passed, your appetite returns. Check out how to eat well over the next few weeks.

• Note: Experts say every baby develops differently - even in utero. These fetal development pages are designed to give a general idea of how a fetus grows in the womb.
Helen
Helen
Rocket Fingers!!
Rocket Fingers!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Helen Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:05 pm

Today feeling quite good, not sure if its because the last few days have been quite stress free in the mornings and at bedtime lol !!!
Baby is doing good, moving about a whole lot more, I was wondering if I may be a week or two ahead for me to be feeling the baby ??? I wasn't eating all to well right at the begining of the pregnancy for quite a few weeks so wondered if the baby was just smaller for it dates ??? But then I guess they can tell the maturity of the baby as well lol !!! I dunno lol, we'll see at the 20 week scan lol !!!
I only tend to feel the baby in the mornings and in the evenings!!! I love it when I do tho !!!
Helen
Helen
Rocket Fingers!!
Rocket Fingers!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Helen Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:07 pm

13 Weeks !!!!!!

**** Helens Preggo Diary ***** - Page 3 13weeks-1

**** Helens Preggo Diary ***** - Page 3 13weeks

**** Helens Preggo Diary ***** - Page 3 Fetaldev13[/CENTER]

The fetus is now nearly 3 inches / 7 to 8 centimetres long from crown to rump and weighs nearly an ounce / 23 grams -- about half a banana. Its unique fingerprints are already in place. And when you poke your stomach gently and she feels it, your baby will start rooting -- that is, act as if she's searching for a nipple.

If you're having a girl, she now has approximately 2 million eggs in her ovaries; she will have only a million by the time she's born. She'll have fewer eggs as she gets older, and by age 17, the number will have dropped to 200,000.

As for you, the fog may be lifting, so to speak. For many women, the side effects of early pregnancy -- frequent urination, intense fatigue, nausea -- diminish sometime in the second trimester. Your uterus, while large enough to announce to onlookers that you're indeed pregnant, isn't so huge that it gets in your way. Even though birth is months away, your breasts may already start making colostrum, the fluid that will feed your baby for the first few days before your milk comes in.

Heres a pic of 13 week bump !!!!!!

**** Helens Preggo Diary ***** - Page 3 12-10-08_1402

Feeling really good at the moment, my stress levels have come WAY down !!! Also I am no where near as tired as I was, no sickness at all, although have felt off at times when have been really hungry!!!!!
Baby is moving round a whole lot, feeling him even more and more now, sometimes can be quite a kick lol!!
I mainly feel it mornings and evenings and after food lol !!!!
In a few weeks I have my 16 week checkup!!!!
Hopefully should get to hear the heartbeat, here in the UK they don't listen for it til about 16 weeks !!!
Helen
Helen
Rocket Fingers!!
Rocket Fingers!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Helen Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:07 pm

Thats the date we are going by from the first scan 20th April, but I was wondering if because of how long and how I have been feeling the baby move if I was a week or two ahead, have had this before when was pregnant with him, had a scan thinking I was 9 weeks and got put back to 6 then from that scan had another when was 10 weeks and they put me forward to 11.
Helen
Helen
Rocket Fingers!!
Rocket Fingers!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Helen Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:08 pm

Have been busy the last few days washing baby clothes, some of it is what we had for Ryan and alot of it is brand new stuff in pink or blue Smile/happy Have washed it all ready to go in my wardrobe Smile/happy Its so cute looking at all the tiny stuff !!!!
Helen
Helen
Rocket Fingers!!
Rocket Fingers!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Helen Fri Oct 17, 2008 5:56 pm

Quick question ???

Anyone get dull aches etc while pregnant low down ??? Can't really remember with ryan as it was so long ago, I presuming its because now my womb is abouve mu pubic bone and pressing down on things ???
Helen
Helen
Rocket Fingers!!
Rocket Fingers!!

Back to top Go down

Post  24Penguins Fri Oct 17, 2008 6:12 pm

yeah, i remember getting loads of dull af like cramps, just not as strong as actual af cramps... for the longest time it really felt like af was going to start, everything but the bleeding lol!!!!!

i actually got horrible stabbing like pains in my lower abdomen when i was about 11 weeks, and we ended up having to go to the ER cause we were freaked out, but kaydance was fine, i just had an intestinal virus and it cleared up on its own. the only perk to that was i got to get an U/S and see her early Smile/happy hehehe, we watched her hiccup Smile/happy
24Penguins
24Penguins
Parentiseaholic
Parentiseaholic

Number of posts : 2661
Loyalty Rating : 18754
Registration date : 2008-09-11

http://www.myspace.com/24penguins

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgi Fri Oct 17, 2008 6:13 pm

Yes I had many dull aches in the first trimester, I was told it was my uterus stretching to make room for the baby thus causing pressure on organs which cause the aches! but also the fact that the uterus is changing shape will cause some discomfort!
Georgi
Georgi
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2544
Loyalty Rating : 21336
Registration date : 2008-09-09

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/Cleo

Back to top Go down

Post  Helen Fri Oct 17, 2008 6:15 pm

I thought it was something like that as its not too painful just dull and anoying haha, also have backache as well :(
Helen
Helen
Rocket Fingers!!
Rocket Fingers!!

Back to top Go down

Post  24Penguins Fri Oct 17, 2008 6:24 pm

awww, im sorry hun! at least you know its for a good cause!!
24Penguins
24Penguins
Parentiseaholic
Parentiseaholic

Back to top Go down

Post  Helen Fri Oct 17, 2008 6:25 pm

Yup lol !!!!!

If I have the backache as bad as this now, I hate to think what it will be like later on !!!!
Helen
Helen
Rocket Fingers!!
Rocket Fingers!!

Back to top Go down

Post  24Penguins Fri Oct 17, 2008 6:35 pm

actually i had a terrible backache in the first trimester and then it eased up alot!!! it came back about 3 weeks before i went into labor though lol! but the middle of the pregnancy went pretty well Smile/happy
24Penguins
24Penguins
Parentiseaholic
Parentiseaholic

Back to top Go down

Post  Helen Fri Oct 17, 2008 6:37 pm

Oooo maybe I will be the same !!!!
Helen
Helen
Rocket Fingers!!
Rocket Fingers!!

Back to top Go down

Post  24Penguins Fri Oct 17, 2008 6:40 pm

i hope so!! cause otherwise that would suck to have a backache for 9 months!!!
24Penguins
24Penguins
Parentiseaholic
Parentiseaholic

Back to top Go down

Post  Helen Sat Oct 18, 2008 4:14 am

Too right, I never suffered with it with Ryan til I was in the later months !!!!
Helen
Helen
Rocket Fingers!!
Rocket Fingers!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Helen Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:28 am

Well today I am 14 weeks !!!!!! Yay !!!!

**** Helens Preggo Diary ***** - Page 3 St3406-3419a-L

**** Helens Preggo Diary ***** - Page 3 3230a-L

**** Helens Preggo Diary ***** - Page 3 Fetaldev14

Fetal development - 14 weeks pregnant

Crown to rump, your baby is around 3 and a half inches / 9 centimetres long and weighs one and a half ounces / 43 grams. The body is now growing faster than the head. This week, its parchment-thin skin covers itself with lanugo (ultra-fine, downy hair that usually disappears before birth). Though eyebrows are beginning to grow and the hair on top of the head is sprouting, this hair may change in both texture and colour after birth.

About now, the fetus can grasp, squint, frown, and grimace. It may even be able to suck its thumb. Researchers believe these and other movements probably correspond to the development of impulses in the brain.

If you haven't yet made an appointment for maternal serum screening (also known as the triple test), you may want to do so now. The test provides more information about your baby, and screens for Down's syndrome and other birth defects. Also, your obstetrician may recommend an amniocentesis between 15 and 18 weeks for women over 35 and those with a history of birth defects. If you are over 35, have a look at our article on how age affects pregnancy.
Helen
Helen
Rocket Fingers!!
Rocket Fingers!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Helen Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:09 pm

Well today "George" has been very active, hes been a right lil wiggle bum, have also felt him loads and loads throughout the day today, also if I sit down can feel him squirming as apposed to kicking and punching !!!! Feels like a lil mexican wave going on !!!!!
Helen
Helen
Rocket Fingers!!
Rocket Fingers!!

Back to top Go down

Post  24Penguins Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:31 pm

hehehe, how fun!!!! i miss that lol!
24Penguins
24Penguins
Parentiseaholic
Parentiseaholic

Back to top Go down

Post  Helen Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:20 pm

I love feeling baby squirm and move, I squished him last night Cry I have to remember I cannot bend down like I usually do!!!
I had lifted my leg up while standing to take my sock off, it hurt for a lil bit and then this mornng paniced as he wasn't moving much, but this afternoon and now has made up for that !!!!!
I was so wrorried I may have hurt him but like I've be told he has plenty of padding Smile/happy
Also Ryan took great pride in informing me that the baby has made my bum bigger haha !!!!

I have my 16 week appoinment on Friday 31st October !!!! So not tomorrow but next Friday !!!!! Can't wait as we should get to hear the heartbeat !!!
Helen
Helen
Rocket Fingers!!
Rocket Fingers!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Helen Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:35 am

15 WEEKS TODAY !!!

**** Helens Preggo Diary ***** - Page 3 3316a-L

**** Helens Preggo Diary ***** - Page 3 Fetaldev15

You may not know it when it happens, but your tiny tenant frequently gets the hiccups, which babies master before breathing. Babies don't make any sound because their trachea is filled with fluid rather than air.

Although you've probably gained between 5 and 10 pounds / 2.2 - 4.5 kilograms, the fetus weighs in at around only 2.5 ounces / 70 grams. It measures nearly 4 inches / 11 centimetres long, crown to rump. Legs are growing longer than the arms now, fingernails are fully formed and all the joints and limbs can move. You may be able to find out the sex of your baby by ultrasound now, since the external genitals may be developed enough that the ultrasound technician can tell you if you're going to have a boy or a girl.

If the idea of having a baby seems so remote, nothing makes it feel more real than feeling your baby move for the first time. Most mums-to-be discern movement (called quickening) between 16 and 20 weeks. If you've been pregnant before, you'll feel things earlier rather than later. What you may first think is a rumbling stomach may be your baby doing some back flips. Make note of when you first start feeling the baby and tell your midwife at your next visit. This middle stage of pregnancy is a good time to start exercising.

• Note: Experts say every baby develops differently - even in utero. These fetal development pages are designed to give a general idea of how a fetus grows in the womb.
Helen
Helen
Rocket Fingers!!
Rocket Fingers!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgi Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:00 am

Helen wrote: I have my 16 week appoinment on Friday 31st October !!!! So not tomorrow but next Friday !!!!! Can't wait as we should get to hear the heartbeat !!!

have they not let you hear at previous appointments yet?? I got to hear Theo's heartbeat at 11 weeks as I recall, she did say that it was VERY early and there is a chance we may not here anything but it was very clear. I then went out and bought a HI BEBE LCD Doppler and I listened to his heart nearly every night before going to sleep! Wink
Georgi
Georgi
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2544
Loyalty Rating : 21336
Registration date : 2008-09-09

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/Cleo

Back to top Go down

Post  Helen Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:43 pm

No, here we have our booking appointment at 8 weeks and then we don't see a midwife til 16 weeks and we then hear the heartbeat.
We have the scan between the two appointments but we don't see a midwife at the scan because of previous pregnancy, we just see the consultant.
Helen
Helen
Rocket Fingers!!
Rocket Fingers!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Helen Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:58 am

The baby's movements are getting stronger and stronger now everyday !!!!

Midwife on Friday, thats come quick !!! Can't wait to hear the heartbeat !!!
Helen
Helen
Rocket Fingers!!
Rocket Fingers!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Helen Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:03 am

**** Helens Preggo Diary ***** - Page 3 16

**** Helens Preggo Diary ***** - Page 3 Fetaldev16

Your baby is now about the size of an avocado (about 5 inches / 11.6 centimetres long from crown to rump and weighing approximately 4 ounces / 100 grams). In the next three weeks he'll go through a tremendous growth spurt, doubling his weight and adding inches to his length.

In or out of the womb, babies are playful creatures. Yours may already have discovered his first toy -- the umbilical cord -- which he'll enjoy pulling and grabbing. Sometimes he may even clutch it so tight that less oxygen gets through, but don't worry -- he doesn't hold onto it long enough to harm himself. The circulatory system and urinary tract are in full working order, and he's inhaling and exhaling amniotic fluid through his lungs.

Sometimes, when you move suddenly, you may a feel a slight pain in your sides. Ligaments on each side of your uterus and pelvic walls are stretching as your baby grows. It's normal to feel some pain, but if it continues for a few days or escalates, talk to your midwife.

We've a guide to make sure you eat well in the next stage of your pregnancy.

• Note: Experts say every baby develops differently -- even in utero. These fetal development pages are designed to give a general idea of how a fetus grows in the womb.

Can't believe in 4 weeks will be having our 20 week scan !!!!!!!!
Helen
Helen
Rocket Fingers!!
Rocket Fingers!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next