» So who is who?
Sat Jul 13, 2013 4:39 am by Nikki985

» Pregnant!!
Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:03 pm by mscherry42

» Anyone else in the TWW?
Wed May 22, 2013 7:40 am by Nelli2013

» Just popped in
Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

» Organic Baby Products - For my Baby!!!!!!!!
Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:49 am by sarahgreen

» On to #3!!
Thu May 17, 2012 2:53 pm by Angel

» Nexplanon implant
Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:04 pm by lindzee

» TTC'rs ,Charters and Chart Cheerleaders! 2010~
Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:57 pm by lindzee

Gallery

Statistics
We have 90 registered users
The newest registered user is galaxy1981

Our users have posted a total of 28198 messages in 1516 subjects
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

Big ol' Man Bully (RANT)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Big ol' Man Bully (RANT)

Post  BethG on Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:53 pm

As a professional woman, I get soooo annoyed with men who think they can bully women around. Had one today on the phone.

I think he was from an accounting firm, possibly another investment firm, but he was preparing a mutual client's tax return. He left messages last week for my boss (who was out of town), needing info on an investment sale, but I didn't know about the messages. Walking out the door Friday I get a message relayed to me but didn't call him back until Monday. Voice mail, left message including my name and number. No call back. Frankly, I don't worry about it.

Today, Wednesday April 15th, tax day, he calls me back this afternoon and promptly tries to give me attitude. When I asked what info he needed, "well you tell me, you made the sale." I give attitude (politely of course) back to him and reply the client had several sales in their account in 2008. Actually, I already know what specifically he's asking for but don't let him know that.

So he tells me what he needs. I tell him I have part of the information, and he promptly starts to give me grief about why my company doesn't have all of it. I interrupt him back "IF YOU LET ME FINISH....." and tell him the info I do have. More grief from him, more concise explanations from me, more grief from him, a slightly sarcastic retort from me ("Well I suppose if I go through ALL of the statements from 2007....."). More grief about why my boss wasn't available (kept calling him "that guy who went to Hawaii") and how he couldnt' get a hold of anyone. I reply I called back as soon as I got the message but didn't hear back from HIM. Gawd the man was exasperating.

But I refused to let the man get the better of me and bested his every complaint. Jackass. I told my boss what really bothers me is that the man probably would have had a much different conversation with my boss. He was the type of man who thought he could bully a woman around (he didn't succeed with me though!).

I had another experience like this when an attorney threatened me with legal action because I refused to give him a client's financial information over the phone. That guy shut up when I said I would gladly release the information once I had a written, signed, request from the client. Yeah, I had to tell an attorney about privacy laws.....

Anyway, just had to tell you all the BethG will not be bullied! But boy, I was sure fired up this afternoon about it! Tongue

Anyone else ever deal with this?
BethG
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1776
Loyalty Rating : 15621
Registration date : 2008-10-08

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Big ol' Man Bully (RANT)

Post  White Lily on Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:13 am

All the time Beth. In my office there is just 2 of us, me and another woman. The other woman I work with is a director of the company. It's amazing how many men call us and we just know they wouldn't have the same attitude if they were dealing with a man. Most of the time I find it funny, other times it drives me crazy!
White Lily
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1272
Loyalty Rating : 11289
Registration date : 2008-09-11

View user profile http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/0mel0

Back to top Go down

Post  Angel on Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:03 pm

Go Bethy,So glad to see you dont take any crap.I sometimes enjoy those arguments.complete stranger calls with attitude+you in the right and able to prive them wrong =sarcastic satisfaction for you and a short shrift for the male caller!LOL G girl!xxx

Angel
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2198
Loyalty Rating : 14267
Registration date : 2008-09-09

View user profile http://parentise.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down