Parent Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 185 on Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:41 pm
Just popped in

Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

Comments: 0

Anyone still here?

Tue May 17, 2011 11:39 am by MommaBear

Comments: 7

Latest topics
» Kerala Flats: “An Abode Built In Harmony”
Headaches...sinuses? EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 7:04 am by jesobere

» So who is who?
Headaches...sinuses? EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 4:39 am by Nikki985

» Pregnant!!
Headaches...sinuses? EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 8:03 pm by mscherry42

» Anyone else in the TWW?
Headaches...sinuses? EmptyWed May 22, 2013 7:40 am by Nelli2013

» Just popped in
Headaches...sinuses? EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

» Organic Baby Products - For my Baby!!!!!!!!
Headaches...sinuses? EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 1:49 am by sarahgreen

» On to #3!!
Headaches...sinuses? EmptyThu May 17, 2012 2:53 pm by Angel

» Nexplanon implant
Headaches...sinuses? EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 2:04 pm by lindzee

» TTC'rs ,Charters and Chart Cheerleaders! 2010~
Headaches...sinuses? EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 1:57 pm by lindzee

Gallery

Headaches...sinuses? Empty
Statistics
We have 90 registered users
The newest registered user is galaxy1981

Our users have posted a total of 28198 messages in 1516 subjects
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

Headaches...sinuses?

+3
Helen
Mum of jj
Angel
7 posters

Go down

Headaches...sinuses? Empty Headaches...sinuses?

Post  Angel Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:05 pm

Does anyone know anything about sinuses? (sp?) I have had a headache for the last week on and off.Usually when I have a headache,providing I catch it early enough,I can take an asprin/paracetomol and it goes away.
These ones though have been really hard to get rid of and turning into migraines (it's what happens when i dont get rid of it in the headache stage).

I woke this morning and my nose was running,I lay back in bed and sniffed and it felt like my ears got blocked and congested.All day I have had this headach,I have NO mucous now from my nose,but Asprin has done nothing for the pain,I also have pain and a congested feeling above my eyes,between my eyes and nose and eye sockets.The headache is everwhere.Does anyone know if this is sinuses? I dont; know much about it,or could these headaches be due to breastfeeding (I seem to get them more) or something else?I just want to know if it sounds familiar to anyone?

I have taken some of my sons decongestant ( I dont have adult one) I just took double the dose for a 12 year old LOL! Anyway,thoughts please! :pale:
Angel
Angel
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2197
Loyalty Rating : 21367
Registration date : 2008-09-09

https://parentise.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Headaches...sinuses? Empty Re: Headaches...sinuses?

Post  Mum of jj Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:32 pm

It sounds like it to me hun, i too get headaches from breastfeeding (think its not enough fluids) but they are in a different part of my head to sinuses. Sinuses usually are the front of the head and all around your eyes, almost like hayfever, eyes will water and feel a bit hot now and then also when its really bad you will close your eyes and move your eyes around and its like the eye muscle is sore, also the runny nose as well all point to it, (worked in a pharmacy for 4 years and seen a lot of this) the thing is when it comes to getting treatment its a metter of trial and error, some find nasal sprays work, others dont, some use a decongestant or treatment for havyfever, I suggest you have a look at your pharmacy make sure you read the active ingredients if one does not work coz a lot of them will be exactly the same ingredient and dosage but in a different brand and price. i would start of with something like a nasal spray then maybe move to something like hayfever tabs ifspray doesnt work
Mum of jj
Mum of jj

Number of posts : 622
Loyalty Rating : 17658
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Helen Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:25 am

Sorry hun, I'm not sure Cry
Helen
Helen
Rocket Fingers!!
Rocket Fingers!!

Number of posts : 1789
Loyalty Rating : 17713
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post  White Lily Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:24 am

Angel a way I can tell if these headaches are related to sinus problems or not is really simple. If you lean your head forwards so you are looking down, with blocked sinuses you will feel pressure start to build up in your face. Sounds wierd but thats about the best way to describe it! This pressure can range from mildly uncomfortable to VERY painfull! I often get blocked sinuses after a cold but it normally clears with decongestants like sinutab or sudafed. Twice this wasn't enough for me and I had to get antibiotics from the Dr's but there was no doubt then that it was my sinuses, felt like my face was going to explode!!!!!
White Lily
White Lily
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1272
Loyalty Rating : 18399

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/0mel0

Back to top Go down

Post  Angel Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:28 am

Thanks lily,I will try this!
Angel
Angel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  White Lily Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:45 am

One thing that's really good, wether they be sinus headaches or normal headaches is to keep yourself hydrated! I always find when I havn't drank much I can get really pounding headaches! I also used to get headaches in the afternoon which I think were from caffine withdrawel because now I have cut down on caffine I don't really get them as much.
White Lily
White Lily
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1272
Loyalty Rating : 18399

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/0mel0

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily*Blossom Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:13 pm

If you have a sinus infection, use Saline nasal spray, it should kick the problem quickly.

ALSO.... if you neck is terribly out of place, it can cause all sorts of sinus problems, and aches behind the eyes. I recommend getting a massage to loosen your muscles. The places you should rub are you pecks, your shoulders where your neck connects to them, and rub any knots out of your neck. Once your muscles are fixed, then go for a neck adjustment to a chiropractor. If you don't fix the muscles first, their is no point in adjusting the bones, because the tight muscles will just pull the bones back into the wrong place again.

Hope you get to feeling better soon hun.
Lily*Blossom
Lily*Blossom

Number of posts : 1880
Loyalty Rating : 20925
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Leeaman Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:34 pm

This may sound strange but when but when I get sinus headaches, I take a jar of vicks rub and heat it in the microwave until it is a liquid, (heat Slowly) and I sit down with it and inhale slowly for as long as I can handle it and it does take that headache away.

Saline nasal spray is pretty good, just please don't get an over the counter medicated one. I have been addicted to one for months now and have so many problems getting off it now, it is unbelievable, I am on day 2 of being off of it and feel like complete crap... It is so hard, I have had to start a Solution nose rinse and do it everyday to try and help as the inside of my nostril's are so swollen the doctor said the next step to where I am at with that is it will block my breathing off all together..
Leeaman
Leeaman

Number of posts : 409
Loyalty Rating : 17478

Back to top Go down

Post  Lou Lou Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:50 pm

Instead of the saline you can try warm salt water. It works like a charm.
I always forget how well it works but you should feel immediate relief!
Hope you start feeling better soon!

Lou Lou
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1345
Loyalty Rating : 20316
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Angel Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:41 am

Thanks guys,I wont be trying the saline nasla spray,I tired it once in my teens and it was one of the most unpleasent physical experiecnes.I could not do it.I will have to try the vicks thing,the headache wasnt as bad yesterday,today it's pretty much not there,I just feel exausted.
Angel
Angel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum