Parent Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 10 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 10 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 185 on Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:41 pm
Just popped in

Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

Comments: 0

Anyone still here?

Tue May 17, 2011 11:39 am by MommaBear

Comments: 7

Latest topics
» Kerala Flats: “An Abode Built In Harmony”
Help! I'm being forced into an induction for no reason! EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 7:04 am by jesobere

» So who is who?
Help! I'm being forced into an induction for no reason! EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 4:39 am by Nikki985

» Pregnant!!
Help! I'm being forced into an induction for no reason! EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 8:03 pm by mscherry42

» Anyone else in the TWW?
Help! I'm being forced into an induction for no reason! EmptyWed May 22, 2013 7:40 am by Nelli2013

» Just popped in
Help! I'm being forced into an induction for no reason! EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

» Organic Baby Products - For my Baby!!!!!!!!
Help! I'm being forced into an induction for no reason! EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 1:49 am by sarahgreen

» On to #3!!
Help! I'm being forced into an induction for no reason! EmptyThu May 17, 2012 2:53 pm by Angel

» Nexplanon implant
Help! I'm being forced into an induction for no reason! EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 2:04 pm by lindzee

» TTC'rs ,Charters and Chart Cheerleaders! 2010~
Help! I'm being forced into an induction for no reason! EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 1:57 pm by lindzee

Gallery

Help! I'm being forced into an induction for no reason! Empty
Statistics
We have 90 registered users
The newest registered user is galaxy1981

Our users have posted a total of 28198 messages in 1516 subjects
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

Help! I'm being forced into an induction for no reason!

+9
Angel
skyllar
MommaBear
Gutter
sparkles
Lily*Blossom
Lou Lou
Ginny
Myste
13 posters

Go down

Help! I'm being forced into an induction for no reason! Empty Help! I'm being forced into an induction for no reason!

Post  Myste Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:28 pm

So I have a problem. I'm exactly 40 weeks today. I went in for my regular prenatal, 2 cm dialated, 75% effaced, same as I was last week. They hooked me up for the NST, and leave me for a few minutes. When the midwife comes back she informs me that I have an induction scheduled for the 11th.

WTF. They're inducing me at 41 weeks 1 day. I was not consulted or anything, they just scheduled it. Even worse, it's with the dr I can't stand (and apparently they're doing me a favor letting me wait the one extra day so I can have a Dr I've at least met...). I'm so beyond angry right now and I don't know what I can even do besides just not show up. How can they just schedule me like that without asking? apparently it's policy in this office to induce at 41 weeks no matter what... How the hell was I supposed to know that before it was too late to change offices? I don't agree at all with this and I don't know what my options are if I can't manage to go into labor before then! Help!!
Myste
Myste
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Number of posts : 182
Loyalty Rating : 17271
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Help! I'm being forced into an induction for no reason! Empty Re: Help! I'm being forced into an induction for no reason!

Post  Ginny Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:54 pm

Awe I am so sorry Myste! Cry I hope that maybe in the next week you will go into labor on your own!! I was scheduled for an induction on Jan 23rd, but my baby boy came on the 18th! So, you never know Wink

There are things you can do to TRY To get labor going, like sex of course...and I know that MumofJJ tried something that worked cuz her son was born early...what was it Mum? Castor Oil maybe? I don't know Cry I am trying to think of things you can do to try to help you go into labor. I know the sweep seemed to help for some people.

I honestly can't believe that they set you up for induction without you knowing! That's crap!!! Did you tell them how you feel or were just in shock? Maybe call them tomorrow and say "What are my options? Because i don't want to do this." I don't blame you, i know i was bummed by the prospect of the induction. just VISUALIZE!! And see if you can't get your baby to come on naturally lol Stress does work, just ask Georgi Wink Right Mr. Breech Theo!? Tongue

I am sure you will have some more ladies comment. I am really sorry! I hope that you get to have your natural birth! XXXXX
Ginny
Ginny
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1076
Loyalty Rating : 20137
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Back to top Go down

Help! I'm being forced into an induction for no reason! Empty Re: Help! I'm being forced into an induction for no reason!

Post  Lou Lou Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:06 pm

Oh Myste!
I'm sorry to hear this!
I would call them tomorrow for sure to talk about options and of coarse, there is a GOOD possibility you will go into labor on your on before then!
I suppose you could always just "forget" to go on the induction date. I mean, what are they gonna do? Come and get you?

That's just crappy!

Lou Lou
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1345
Loyalty Rating : 20295

Back to top Go down

Post  Myste Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:25 pm

Thanks. I told them that I was extremely upset and did not approve of this. Believe me, I threw a fit and the midwife had to take me to the back room for a private chat.

I've tried every natural method save castor oil and black/blue cohosh. The midwife gave me dosage instructions for the cohosh and I'm starting that tomorrow. I'll be trying castor oil this weekend. I'm also trying to get an appt with one of the acupuncturists who will work on prenatal patients, but I don't have much time.

Mostly I'm just worried that if I miss my induction it'll screw with insurance. And what happens after that if I don't go on my own? I'm not against induction, I'm against it before 42 weeks. And I'm a little worried about not getting checked out that late, I doubt they'd schedule me an appointment if I miss it.
Myste
Myste
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily*Blossom Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:03 pm

Honey, I'm so sorry that you are being forced into doing something you aren't comfortable with. That is so not cool. Keep thinking positive thoughts that you will go into labor on your own. Keep imagining dilating, labor beginning, etc.

On a side note. If you are induced. I know it's not what you want, but it really wasn't that bad for me when I was induced. There are 20 levels of pittosan (sp?) 1 being low, 20 being high. I was on a 1 and my labor was in full force!!! Having told you that though... I have never heard of such a thing ... someone being forced to be induced when there are no underlying issues, that's crazy. A woman should be able to give birth the way she wants to.

Lots of sex, walking, etc. I don't recommend castor oil. It didn't do anything for my friend... she just got lots of tummy troubles and ended up vomiting like crazy. Exercising makes you contract as well... so do lots of that too.
Lily*Blossom
Lily*Blossom

Number of posts : 1880
Loyalty Rating : 20904

Back to top Go down

Post  Lou Lou Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:10 pm

I was induced too and it wasn't bad at all but I completely understand feeling forced to do something you don't want!

NOTHING about my labor and delivery was what I had planned!!!!! : )

Lou Lou
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  Myste Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:17 pm

Thanks ladies. I know inductions aren't the end of the world, although I of course hoped to avoid it. It's the fact that A) I have no say in the matter, B) there's no medical necessity for it to be done, C) it's being done at 41 weeks. After 42 weeks, sure. If he was estimated to be giant? sure. If there were complications? sure. But there's no need for it. They haven't even done an U/S to see if he's too big or tested to see if the placenta was aged or if I'm leaking fluid or anything. Nope, strictly "policy".

I'm still trying other methods and exploring options. Tried to call my GP today to see if she had any recommendations/ideas but she wasn't in. I need to find out if she can do the postpartum checkups and such or if I have to go to the same clinic, I would assume I could go where I want but who knows. I never want to set foot in that clinic again once I'm done. And I certainly intend to tell them so. And filing a grievance with the hospital.

On a good note, I had an U/S done on my leg today and I don't have a blood clot! One leg has been swelling more, and I have a spot that is hard/discolored/hotter now.. same leg that was swelling before I got pregnant, but getting worse.
Myste
Myste
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  sparkles Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:14 pm

oh you poor thing Myste
Have they done another sweep?? the second sweep worked for me, they booked me in for an induction on the 11th and i had the second sweep on the 7th( 5 days over due) and that put me into full labour. Good luck hun i hope it all happend naturaly for you soon
sparkles
sparkles
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1294
Loyalty Rating : 19605

Back to top Go down

Post  Myste Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:23 am

Yeah, had a second sweep done at the appointment yesterday. Nothing.
Myste
Myste
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Gutter Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:53 am

That's too bad Myste Cry I found the first sweep painful so didnt' let my doc do it for very long. The second time I was desperate and he did it for much longer and I was in labour around 12 hours later. Good luck hun, hope you can go naturally!!

Gutter
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1455
Loyalty Rating : 20113
Registration date : 2008-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  MommaBear Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:28 pm

Oh Myste I am so sorry I haven't logged on and didn't see this. My doctor's office tried to do the same thing but at 40 weeks. I got them to hold off a week and then started castor oil. The second dose of castor oil got things rolling for me.
MommaBear
MommaBear
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Number of posts : 304
Loyalty Rating : 18022
Registration date : 2008-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post  skyllar Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:58 pm

Wow, Myste - I am so sorry to read this. Ugh, don't get me started about the medical profession sometimes. I so feel for you - I felt really strongly about delivering the baby naturally and I had to fight them the whole way - all the time. And I knew that from the beginning (once they told me the hospital policies and stuff) and I really had to fight them. They wanted to give me all kinds of stuff during labor and after labor and even before labor at the doctor's office) and I fought them on all of it. I really don't like it that everything having to do with delivery has to be done on a schedule, with medications, etc. etc. If really nothing is wrong with mom and baby and baby is not too big, etc. etc. I am all in favor of having labor take its natural cause. That's just my opinion (sorry if it offends anybody).

Myste, just try and get labor started on your own over the weekend, and hopefully it'll get started. Good luck and hang it there. Sending you labor vibes!!!!!
skyllar
skyllar
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1593
Loyalty Rating : 21103
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Angel Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:13 pm

hey myste.I totoally hear you.it's not right to be forced into anything about childbirth,it's your experience.As long as the baby and you are not in danger NO reason.I had a home birth and I put EPO capsuals up against my cervix for 3 days prior to my natural labour.I hope you go into labour by yourself,visualize it and try to stay relaxed and see the birth you want in your mind.Hope you get it hunny!xxx
Angel
Angel
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2197
Loyalty Rating : 21346
Registration date : 2008-09-09

https://parentise.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Helen Sat Jun 06, 2009 4:09 am

Aww sorry they are trying to force you into something you don't want to do, most hospitals won't allow you to go more than 10 - 14 days over your due date anyway, not sure when you are due and how far over you would be, induction isn't that bad and if I'm honest its normal to me lol as I was induced with both mine and if we have a thrid plan to again, i'n just to scared to go in naturally with what happened with our angel baby.

I really hope you go into labour on your own before your induction date as you don't want to be induced, I'm sure you will tho !!!
Helen
Helen
Rocket Fingers!!
Rocket Fingers!!

Number of posts : 1789
Loyalty Rating : 17692
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Lou Lou Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:22 am

Anyone heard from Myste today?!!!!!

I'm hoping that she's in the hospital as we speak! : )

Lou Lou
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  24Penguins Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:46 pm

i havent spoken with her yet, shes on MSN and ive messaged her but havent heard back. makes me think shes likely just busy as she has MSN on her phone as well, and would have let me know if shes in labor, but i too am praying im wrong and shes progressing nicely lol
24Penguins
24Penguins
Parentiseaholic
Parentiseaholic

Number of posts : 2661
Loyalty Rating : 18817

http://www.myspace.com/24penguins

Back to top Go down

Post  Myste Sat Jun 06, 2009 7:42 pm

hi ladies, I am indeed at the hospital. My waters broke sometime overnight(not sure when) and have been leaking, took forever to do the testing to make sure it was them(had to test twice!) but it was. I'm in a room and settling in, waiting to see if contractions will start on their own, otherwise I'll be put on pitocin.

I'm just happy things started on their own and I wasn't having to be forced into labor from square one. I'll update as much as I can but this is liable to be a long process.
Myste
Myste
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  24Penguins Sat Jun 06, 2009 7:45 pm

oh myste so happy to hear from you! im so glad you werent forced into an induction as well hun!!! even if you need the pitocin, you got there all on your own, and there is nothing wrong with needing an extra little boost to get things going Smile/happy im so happy for you and i just cant wait to hear all about Wes and see pics and all! omg im just so excited!!! wish i could be there lol
24Penguins
24Penguins
Parentiseaholic
Parentiseaholic

Number of posts : 2661
Loyalty Rating : 18817

http://www.myspace.com/24penguins

Back to top Go down

Post  BethG Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:09 pm

Yea! So glad to hear things are hopefully starting on your own. Wishing the best and will be anxiously awaiting updates!
BethG
BethG
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1776
Loyalty Rating : 22710
Registration date : 2008-10-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Lou Lou Sat Jun 06, 2009 10:47 pm

Myste - thinking of you tonight!!!!! : )

Lou Lou
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  soon2b3 Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:28 am

sorry but id be happy to be induced 41 weeks, id be happy to be induced on my due date...I had a 9 pound baby due to been 1 week over....

soon2b3

Number of posts : 16
Loyalty Rating : 16484
Registration date : 2009-06-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum