Parent Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 185 on Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:41 pm
Just popped in

Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

Comments: 0

Anyone still here?

Tue May 17, 2011 11:39 am by MommaBear

Comments: 7

Latest topics
» Kerala Flats: “An Abode Built In Harmony”
Julies LONG Birth Story!! EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 7:04 am by jesobere

» So who is who?
Julies LONG Birth Story!! EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 4:39 am by Nikki985

» Pregnant!!
Julies LONG Birth Story!! EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 8:03 pm by mscherry42

» Anyone else in the TWW?
Julies LONG Birth Story!! EmptyWed May 22, 2013 7:40 am by Nelli2013

» Just popped in
Julies LONG Birth Story!! EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

» Organic Baby Products - For my Baby!!!!!!!!
Julies LONG Birth Story!! EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 1:49 am by sarahgreen

» On to #3!!
Julies LONG Birth Story!! EmptyThu May 17, 2012 2:53 pm by Angel

» Nexplanon implant
Julies LONG Birth Story!! EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 2:04 pm by lindzee

» TTC'rs ,Charters and Chart Cheerleaders! 2010~
Julies LONG Birth Story!! EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 1:57 pm by lindzee

Gallery

Julies LONG Birth Story!! Empty
Statistics
We have 90 registered users
The newest registered user is galaxy1981

Our users have posted a total of 28198 messages in 1516 subjects
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

Julies LONG Birth Story!!

+4
Lily*Blossom
skyllar
BethG
24Penguins
8 posters

Go down

Julies LONG Birth Story!! Empty Julies LONG Birth Story!!

Post  24Penguins Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:21 pm

Juliana Elizabeth

Sept. 8th 3:19am

7lbs 10.9oz and 19 1/4 inches long

Im going to apologize in advance, this is probably going to be SUPER long!!

Well it all started about a week before she was born really, as im sure most all of you know from all my complaining lol!! i started having irregular contractions early on (like 34 weeks) and for the whole week before she was born i was loosing my mucus plug (thats gross btw lol). then the sunday before she was born they started to regulate a good bit so i started timing them. once they got to about every 4-6 minutes apart off kaydee went to our friends house and me and charles headed for the hospital. we were so sure this was it! once we got there i was checked and told i was a "loose" 2cm and about 60% effaced and needed to walk. the contractions on the monitor were about 4 min apart at this point. so me and charles walk the halls for an hour and come back and by this time my dr had arrived since she was on call anyways and checked me and said i was 3cm. of course i was thinking ok, thats better than 2, but no she had to burst my bubble and say that was really considered no progress at all and that even though i was contracting every 2-4 min at this point, they just werent doing the work they were supposed to and it could be a day or a week so they sent me home Cry i was sooo dissapointed, and really annoyed since i was still having regular contractions and they were NOT comfortable LOL!

so me and charles leave, go get some spicy food Wink and picked up kaydee to head home. later that evening my friends came and kidnapped me and we walked through walmart for 2 hours haha. after the walk the contractions actually settled down a bit and i was a little discouraged, but then i had a bit of bloody mucus that got me thinking positive that at least things were headed in the right direction. at that point i went to bed FINALLY with the attitude that it would happen when it was meant to.

The next morning charles got up and fixed me and kaydee breakfast and then i think he started nesting for me because he spent like 2 hours scrubbing the kitchen top to bottom and mopped and did all the dishes and everything and he has NEVER done that even when ive asked let alone by his own will LOL!! needless to say i was not complaining. then my friend came back over and kidnapped me and kaydee again haha. we walked all the way through Ikea and Babys'r'us! we shopped for like 5 hours no joke lol! meanwhile the entire time we were walking around i was having a bloody show! thats always fun to walk around with lol, lots of bathroom breaks...

we got home from shopping (keeping in mind that all day i had maybe like 10 sporadic contractions, nothing to get excited about) and i figured i would just get some rest that evening so that i could be good for work in the morning. so i went into the bedroom and sat in bed with the laptop and started getting some regular contractions every 5-6 min apart, but they were like the day befores contractions so i didnt pay them much attention. ok well before i know it they started to get a bit more painful. at that point i wasnt timing them but was quite aware of them. then if i got up to do anything at all, they stopped me in my tracks. it took me about an hour and a half before i realized that they were steadily getting stronger and stronger, and also lasting longer. i looked at charles and said OMG i think this might actually be it!!! so off kaydee went to our friends again (lol, we are lucky she loves them so much) and we went back to the hospital, and when i got there i said to the receptionist, i KNOW im in labor this time! LOL! the contractions at this point were about 3 minutes apart, very painful, and not letting up no matter what position i was in!

we got into the room and i was checked, i was 4cm! finally, progress!! the nurse said that the resident would be in shortly to check me, but that with my contractions and being a 4 she saw me being admitted and not leaving without a baby. OMG i was so excited, i finally got it right!!! so it takes the resident dr like over an hour to get there, the nurse kept coming in and apologizing for it taking so long because i was moaning in pain with the contractions, they were starting to get really strong, but i was still getting a good break in between them so i could handle it ok.

finally the stupid resident dr gets there and she checked me and i will NEVER let that crazy woman near my cervix again LMAO! omg i have never had a cervix check hurt that bad, she took like 5 minutes to do it, no joke, and about stuck her other 2 fingers up my butt at the same time, and was pushing on the baby and it was just awful. then when she was done, she said i think your 5cm but i want the nurse to check behind me. WTF?? your the dr!! argh. so the nurse checks, doesnt hurt nearly as bad and only takes a few seconds lol, and she said i was EASILY 5cm. yay! i was admitted!!

off i go to my birthing room with contractions getting stronger the entire time, having a harder time breathing through them and all, and i told them i would like my epidural when i get to the room. they said thats fine, that i would just need to have some blood drawn and it would happen! so they draw my blood and hook me up to some fluids and im waiting, and contracting, and breathing as best i can. finally after almost an hour the lady gets there to give me my epidural. it took a while, but finally she got it in, and i laid down and had some relief. a little bit... she said it would take 15 minutes to take effect so i didnt think anything about still feeling the contractions since it most definitely took the edge off of them enough for me to relax and rest a little. i was still VERY uncomfortable though.

right after the epidural was in place, my dr got there looking very sleepy as it was about 2am tuesday morning at this point lol and checked me and said i was 8cm! WOW! i didnt expect that, she said she was hoping for 6-7 and was shocked herself lol. she said 100% effaced and very little cervix left, and that she would come check me again in about an hour to see how things were moving along. so about 10-15 min later the epidural starts to completely wear out lol. i started feeling a lot of pressure, and was slightly embarrased but finally told the nurse i think i might need to go poop. she asked if it was only during contractions or all the time, and it was really only during contractions. she said that was normal and was the baby pushing down during a contraction, and just to let her know if it got worse at all, but that i couldnt have progressed that far in 10 min. so over the next few contractions the pressure started to get almost unbearable and i told charles and my mom to get the nurse, that the epidural wasnt working i was in terrible pain! i was trying so hard to breath through it and charles was so sweet, telling me what a wonderful job i was doing.

the nurse came in and said she could page my dr or check me herself and i said just check me i dont want to wait lol! so she checked and her eyes got big and she said were having a baby now! LOL! she ran off and paged my dr and i was trying my best to just relax and breath. my dr got there and i was crying out that i had to push, the urge is incredible!!! she asked if i could wait at all, she was waiting for the head OB to arrive (he was up the hall) since shes a 4th year resident(?) and she was fine to deliver me, but he wanted to be there and all. and so i tried so had and finally after probably a minute that felt like a year she said if i couldnt wait to just push and i pushed like i have never pushed before! LOL! i have never felt anything like that. i pushed for 18 minutes and out came my beautiful baby girl!! she was immediately put right up on my chest and dried off there and we were skin to skin for about an hour, including our first breastfeeding session before they did her vitals since she was good and heatlhy and breathing well! it was amazing.

i am very proud of myself as with kaydance i had my epidural at 3cm and it took VERY well and i didnt feel a thing at all the entire time, they even had to tell me when to push and when to stop lol! so i feel sooo good for doing this on my own just about! i went in there thinking that i would have my epidural and sleep the whole time again and i practically had her without any drugs! its an amazing experience that i NEVER thought in a million years i would every have!!!

ok, sorry so long, heres a few pictures lol

Julies LONG Birth Story!! 9121_132182143115_740998115_2393610_8014439_n

Julies LONG Birth Story!! 9121_133034648115_740998115_2401839_7911339_n

Julies LONG Birth Story!! 9121_133034658115_740998115_2401841_3167149_n

Julies LONG Birth Story!! 9121_133209648115_740998115_2403369_2269341_n

this last one is to show charles hand on kaydances shoulder. turns out little julie has inherited his trait and has the same thing! haha it took him a whole day to notice (i noticed at birth, but didnt care so didnt say anything) but it doesnt bother me one bit!! i just hope it doesnt cause her to get arthritis very early in life like it has for charles.
Julies LONG Birth Story!! 9121_133209663115_740998115_2403370_3238698_n
24Penguins
24Penguins
Parentiseaholic
Parentiseaholic

Number of posts : 2661
Loyalty Rating : 18814
Registration date : 2008-09-11

http://www.myspace.com/24penguins

Back to top Go down

Julies LONG Birth Story!! Empty Re: Julies LONG Birth Story!!

Post  BethG Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:24 pm

Awwwww, so sweet! I'm so proud of you Nika! The pics are wonderful. Good job, momma!
BethG
BethG
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1776
Loyalty Rating : 22707
Registration date : 2008-10-08

Back to top Go down

Post  skyllar Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:32 pm

Awwww, Nika, what a wonderful birth story! Great job, mommy!!!! Smile/happy
skyllar
skyllar
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1593
Loyalty Rating : 21100
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily*Blossom Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:44 pm

Loved reading this story!!! It sounds like it was a long process as far as getting admitted for the real labor deal, but finally your princess is here!! So exciting, and she is darling. I love the picture with Charles and his two little girls together on the couch. Proud papa!
Lily*Blossom
Lily*Blossom

Number of posts : 1880
Loyalty Rating : 20901
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  mscherry42 Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:39 pm

Awww, Nika. Thank you so much for the great details. I was sitting here barely breathing, squeezing my ****, as I envisioned the pain of pushing!! I'm so happy for you and your wonderful family. Cute pics of little Julie too. Now, I feel a little bit better about missing "everything" while I slept the other night!!! Tongue lol .
mscherry42
mscherry42
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Number of posts : 780
Loyalty Rating : 19449
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down

Post  galaxy Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:40 pm

Bet you are glad it's all over! She's a beauty Nika and I'm sure she's well worth the wait! x
galaxy
galaxy
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Number of posts : 768
Loyalty Rating : 19722
Registration date : 2008-09-13

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/12fd6f

Back to top Go down

Post  Ginny Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:01 pm

wow that is a wonderful story nika!!! she is gorgeous! she looks like charles Smile/happy i don'tsee anything on his hand though...what is on it? I am sure Julie is perfect in every way and look at her proud big sis!!!! Smile/happy way to go nika!!! wow, that is just awesome! great job Smile/happy
Ginny
Ginny
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1076
Loyalty Rating : 20134

Back to top Go down

Post  24Penguins Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:18 pm

thanks everyone!!! julie is such a wonderful baby, seriously shes like a dream so far!! we are all adjusting very well, kaydee is getting there lol. shes gotten a bit of an attitude, but its understandable.

ginny, its the finger length lol, nothing actually on his hand but his (and julies) ring fingers are the longest, and then the middle finger is a bit shorter, and the index fingers is about half length on both hands. nothing bad really, but its an actual condition (of which i have no idea what its called, we found out once at charles rhuematologist, but its one of those write them down or forget them forever names...) and the only downside to it is that it brings on extremely early arthritis. charles already has it, but its manageable right now! kaydee didnt get it, but julie did lol! his dad and one of his two brothers has it, the other doesnt.

thats ok, his neice was born with an extra finger lol! something in his family with fingers...
24Penguins
24Penguins
Parentiseaholic
Parentiseaholic

Number of posts : 2661
Loyalty Rating : 18814
Registration date : 2008-09-11

http://www.myspace.com/24penguins

Back to top Go down

Post  Ginny Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:56 pm

Oh i see now - sorry!! I thought his finger was just bent. That is wild that his family has the wild finger genes! Its one of those things that no one notices Smile/happy She is adorable, Nika!!!!
Ginny
Ginny
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1076
Loyalty Rating : 20134

Back to top Go down

Post  kellybean Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:02 pm

Congrats Nika!
What a beautiful baby girl you have there!
kellybean
kellybean
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Number of posts : 173
Loyalty Rating : 17053
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down