Parent Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 185 on Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:41 pm
Just popped in

Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

Comments: 0

Anyone still here?

Tue May 17, 2011 11:39 am by MommaBear

Comments: 7

Latest topics
» Kerala Flats: “An Abode Built In Harmony”
Just got back from L&D EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 7:04 am by jesobere

» So who is who?
Just got back from L&D EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 4:39 am by Nikki985

» Pregnant!!
Just got back from L&D EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 8:03 pm by mscherry42

» Anyone else in the TWW?
Just got back from L&D EmptyWed May 22, 2013 7:40 am by Nelli2013

» Just popped in
Just got back from L&D EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

» Organic Baby Products - For my Baby!!!!!!!!
Just got back from L&D EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 1:49 am by sarahgreen

» On to #3!!
Just got back from L&D EmptyThu May 17, 2012 2:53 pm by Angel

» Nexplanon implant
Just got back from L&D EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 2:04 pm by lindzee

» TTC'rs ,Charters and Chart Cheerleaders! 2010~
Just got back from L&D EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 1:57 pm by lindzee

Gallery

Just got back from L&D Empty
Statistics
We have 90 registered users
The newest registered user is galaxy1981

Our users have posted a total of 28198 messages in 1516 subjects
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

Just got back from L&D

+2
pringle
Georgi
6 posters

Go down

Just got back from L&D Empty Just got back from L&D

Post  Georgi Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:23 pm

So I spent most of today in L&D what fun!! (well 5 hours) Woke up this morning at 6am with really bad AF type cramps that just wouldn't go away, I tried moving, drinking, eating, going to the loo '3' times and they were still strong so I telephoned my MW who advised me to go straight into the L&D ward, I was monitored (and baby) for just over an hour, I could quite clearly see on the monitor that I was NOT contracting even when the cramps were at a peak and baby girl was moving tons which to be fair is unusual for her in the mornings, both our HB's were with-in normal range, my blood pressure, temp etc was fine, they checked my urine and that also was normal ruling out a possible water infection, my cervix is closed and I am 0% effaced so all is well down there! They have taken a swab but I won't know the results from that for a couple of days. They just couldn't find the cause of my discomfort so sent me home but I am still cramping although I have now taken something for the pain so it's not nearly as bad, I have just been told to rest up!!

Anyone else experienced this kind of thing around the same time frame as me??? I find it strange to believe that I am genuinely experiencing proper cramps and there is no explanation for them, it's been 13+ hours now without a break!!
Georgi
Georgi
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2544
Loyalty Rating : 21363
Registration date : 2008-09-09

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/Cleo

Back to top Go down

Just got back from L&D Empty Re: Just got back from L&D

Post  pringle Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:29 pm

Oh georgi, I really hope the cramping stops soon. Glad all is well with babe thou, you rest up as much as you can. x x x

pringle

Number of posts : 35
Loyalty Rating : 16981
Registration date : 2008-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Angel Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:05 pm

OMG! I am sorry babe.I think this happend to me twice while I was pregnant with Tia-li,once about 33 weeks and then again a few days before she was born (I called you if you remember),My midwife told me to have a glass of red wine (I know some of you may gasp at that but it's an old fashoned method I guess) just one and that it would help things relax down there,also laying in a warm (not hot) bath on your side if you can as well.I managed (even thugh I was huge) with my knees slightly up.The second time she had to come and fix what was causing my contractions (which were uncomfortable but not excrutiating it was because the opening of the womb was misaligned with the opening of the cervix.The way she explained it to me,the head was trying to 'engage' but the womb opening was off to the left (or right) of my cervix and while it was trying to contract and go into labour,this was preventing it.She had my lie down with a pillow under my bum and hook her fingers up there and push it back into place,it hurt a little but once she did it the contractions stopped witin about an hour,altogether.I went into real labour 2 days later. I don't know if this is what happend to you only a VERY good midwife/nurse who doesnt JUST believe that medicine is the cure for everything,would see this so I would have her double check now you know there's nothing serioulsy wrong and that you are not in actual labour.But she might find that or something else.Ether way,I am sorry for the pain and worry hunny! I will be thinking ofyou,sure you are going to be just fine and that baby girl will stay in until she's ready.The body does strange things sometimes,even if it's not something terrible,it just needs a little help sometimes.

Hope this helpes reassures you somewhat.Please keep us posted! love you xxx thinkin of you !
Angel
Angel
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2197
Loyalty Rating : 21310

https://parentise.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  galaxy Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:50 am

OH Georgi, how scary for you. From a nurse point of view, I think they should have sent your urine to the lab for analysis anyway. What they do on the ward is 'dipstick' it to test for presence of leucocytes, protein and blood to diagnose possible infection. However you can have a normal sample and then once sent to the lab, they can grow something (ie find it's positive) and vice versa you can have a seemingly positve dipstick that then grows nothing. If you continue to have these cramps I would ask that a specimen is sent or ask to go on cefalexin which is safe in pregnancy for UTIs.
Hope you get to the bottom of the problem, get lots of rest and drink plenty of fluids. I have a friend who has just been in at 33 weeks in early labour, spent a week in hospital and thankfully they managed to halt things and she is now home. It must be sooo scary x
Thinking of you x
galaxy
galaxy
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Number of posts : 768
Loyalty Rating : 19689
Registration date : 2008-09-13

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/12fd6f

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgi Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:15 pm

I swear that I did update this thread Confused sorry girls!! I said that I appreciated all of your comments & support, the cramping had stopped and I have had no more since, very odd but just one of those thing's, I haven't had the results back from my swab so I guess all must have been ok unless it does take a while to get those kind of results??

I am fine and baby girl is fine lol x
Georgi
Georgi
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2544
Loyalty Rating : 21363

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/Cleo

Back to top Go down

Post  mscherry42 Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:59 pm

Great news, Georgi!! Glad to hear you're back to "normal". lol
mscherry42
mscherry42
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Number of posts : 780
Loyalty Rating : 19416
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Angel Tue Nov 03, 2009 4:43 pm

Georgi wrote:I swear that I did update this thread Confused sorry girls!! I said that I appreciated all of your comments & support, the cramping had stopped and I have had no more since, very odd but just one of those thing's, I haven't had the results back from my swab so I guess all must have been ok unless it does take a while to get those kind of results??

I am fine and baby girl is fine lol x

phew! So glad to hear it babe,was a bit worried coz it was so quiet on your end.I miss you,can you send me a message when you have a monenbt with your news? I know things are hectic now.I am sorry! hugs love you xxx
Angel
Angel
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2197
Loyalty Rating : 21310

https://parentise.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Helen Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:26 pm

Glad all was well ..I was here a few days back and this post didn't show !!! I'm sooooo glad you are ok !!! xxx
Helen
Helen
Rocket Fingers!!
Rocket Fingers!!

Number of posts : 1789
Loyalty Rating : 17656
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down