Parent Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 10 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 10 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 185 on Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:41 pm
Just popped in

Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

Comments: 0

Anyone still here?

Tue May 17, 2011 11:39 am by MommaBear

Comments: 7

Latest topics
» Kerala Flats: “An Abode Built In Harmony”
Anyone try Burt's Bees products? EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 7:04 am by jesobere

» So who is who?
Anyone try Burt's Bees products? EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 4:39 am by Nikki985

» Pregnant!!
Anyone try Burt's Bees products? EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 8:03 pm by mscherry42

» Anyone else in the TWW?
Anyone try Burt's Bees products? EmptyWed May 22, 2013 7:40 am by Nelli2013

» Just popped in
Anyone try Burt's Bees products? EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

» Organic Baby Products - For my Baby!!!!!!!!
Anyone try Burt's Bees products? EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 1:49 am by sarahgreen

» On to #3!!
Anyone try Burt's Bees products? EmptyThu May 17, 2012 2:53 pm by Angel

» Nexplanon implant
Anyone try Burt's Bees products? EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 2:04 pm by lindzee

» TTC'rs ,Charters and Chart Cheerleaders! 2010~
Anyone try Burt's Bees products? EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 1:57 pm by lindzee

Gallery

Anyone try Burt's Bees products? Empty
Statistics
We have 90 registered users
The newest registered user is galaxy1981

Our users have posted a total of 28198 messages in 1516 subjects
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

Anyone try Burt's Bees products?

+2
dolly's momma
BethG
6 posters

Go down

Anyone try Burt's Bees products? Empty Anyone try Burt's Bees products?

Post  BethG Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:28 am

Anyone try any Burt's Bees products? I kinda like them! They make face and body products but they're like 98% or more natural which is kind of cool. I know some of you are interested in more natural products.

A couple Christmases ago, my SIL gave me a little sample pack of their poison ivy treatments, knowing that the evil weed seems to find me often. I thought it was cool but never really used the stuff. That's how I first heard about Burt's Bees. I did like the lip balm that was in my pack though!

Then I got some highlights in my hair a few months ago and it was overprocessed. I was in desperate need of a good conditioner but I generally hate conditioners because they leave my hair limp. I bought the Hair Repair Shea & Grapefruit Deep Conditioner and really like it! It really did help. I'm not using it now because the dry overprocessed highlighted hair has either grown out or been cut out, but I really like it when I used it. It left my hair soft without weighing it down.

Recently I bought an exfoliating cleanser, their Peach and Willowbark Deep Pore Scrub. I like that too. My complexion was dull and I was getting more under-the-skin type of bumps that I couldn't make go away. I've been using it for two weeks and am seeing an improvement. A lot of the bumps are gone and overall my face is softer and brighter. Because it has grapeseed oil and coconut oil in it, I find that it leaves my skin a bit waxey feeling (I use it in the shower). I don't care for that so I make sure I rinse it off well and then I actually use another facial toner after my shower to make sure my skin isn't too oily. Also I make sure I have my hair wet and smoothed back, and then I shampoo after I use the scrub on my face. Otherwise I've found it gets in my bangs and leaves them a bit limp. But overall, I like the product.

I'm not sure about all their products, but the two I mentioned have 98.xx% natural printed on their labels. I think that's their niche -- trying to create natural products without a bunch of chemicals.

I just happened to see they have user reviews of products on their website. I was checking out the facial scrub and see others made similar comments about oily residue but are also overall favorable. A few mentioned they used to use St. Ives Apricot scrub before -- so did I!
BethG
BethG
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1776
Loyalty Rating : 22677
Registration date : 2008-10-08

Back to top Go down

Anyone try Burt's Bees products? Empty Re: Anyone try Burt's Bees products?

Post  dolly's momma Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:32 am

I have really dry feet that used to crack alot. I started using their coconut foot cream and it helped alot, but was really greasy. I switched to the peppermint foot lotion and it is great. As long as I use it every day I have no cracks. If I miss a day or two they come right back. In winter sometimes my hands crack too. I can't remember the exact name of it, but I got some banana balm stuff in a little jar from burts bees for my hands. It solves that problem really fast too.
dolly's momma
dolly's momma
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Number of posts : 566
Loyalty Rating : 18386
Registration date : 2008-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post  BethG Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:37 am

DM, I think I'll check out that peppermint cream! I have cracked heals as well. I have some Gold Bond peppermint foot cream though. I'll get diligent about using it and then try the BB cream when it runs out.
BethG
BethG
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  skyllar Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:49 pm

I love their hand cream. It's such a great smell and soo good - makes really smooth hands. Also, their lip balms are great! Smile/happy
skyllar
skyllar
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1593
Loyalty Rating : 21070
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Lou Lou Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:10 am

OK. I'm gonna get some Burt's Bee's products this weekend. I have terrible, cracked feet so this would be awesome!!!!

Lou Lou
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1345
Loyalty Rating : 20262
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  dolly's momma Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:04 pm

I picked up that Peach and Willobark scrub and used it today for the first time. I did like you said, and used my regular cleaner afterwards to get rid of the waxy. My face feels wonderful. It has been feeling a little oily lately, and my pores have seemed clogged, so I am hoping it will clear all that up.
dolly's momma
dolly's momma
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  BethG Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:41 pm

I've been using the peach and willowbark deep pore cleanser daily now (on my 2nd tube of it!) and it really has made a difference in my complexion. Brighter now with fewer blemishes and blackheads, and no bumps at all. Actually my complexion got a little bit worse at first as all that old gunky stuff worked its way to the surface, but now my face is nice and smooth feeling. I also use it on my chest and between my breasts since I had problem there too but that has cleared up too.

My latest product to try is the Burt's Bees Radiance Body Lotion with Royal Jelly and also natural mica to enhance skin tone. It's listed as 99.21% natural. I had been using Gold Bond Medicated Lotion which can't be beat in my opinion for leaving your skin very smooth for hours and hours. The Gold Bond is quite thick so to me the Radiance lotion is quite a bit thinner. But it rubs on nicely and does give the skin a bit of a glow, which is nice but not something I'm really concerned about. But I will say it does seem to work pretty well. Maybe not quite as good as my Gold Bond, but better than your other average lotion. I might use it more in the summer when my skin doesn't need as much moisturizing. BB does have other lotions but this was the only one in my supermarket.

I think I might like to try a body wash or face cleanser next.
BethG
BethG
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  lindzee Tue Dec 22, 2009 12:34 am

I just bought their lip balm [in the tin] and I LOVE it, it is fabulous! so something else you might want to try. And you are making me want to try this face scrub!! Smile/happy
lindzee
lindzee
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Number of posts : 703
Loyalty Rating : 19776
Registration date : 2009-06-23

Back to top Go down

Post  BethG Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:59 pm

Lindzee, I think the deep pore cleanser is great stuff!

I haven't tried that lip balm in the tin. I do have the stuff in a stick and it's fine but I found if I put too much on, it makes my lips look kinda purplish(!) under certain lights. I used Blistex brand before. I also have some of their tinted Lip Shimmer (in a stick) in two colors and some Super Shiney Natural Lip Gloss (both are 100% Natural) but haven't used them enough yet to give a good review.
BethG
BethG
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  bethy621 Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:59 pm

Everything I use is Burt's Bee's. I love it because it's Gluten free and they don't test on animals. But they also work for me. I totally recommend.

bethy621

Number of posts : 4
Loyalty Rating : 15756
Registration date : 2009-12-22

Back to top Go down

Post  dolly's momma Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:32 pm

So last week I had my annual checkup at the Gyn. To reward myself for going, lol, I had a consulation and the skin and laser office next door (yet also run by my dr). They said the things I was worried about on my face were definitely dirt and stuff trapped under the skin, that between my age and things being out of whack from having Lucy that my skin may just not be exfolliating as well as it used to.

They signed me up for a series of 3 or 4 custom facials that they claim will completely clear this stuff up. I also got some medical grade product samples to try. It is more money than I would normally spend on such a thing, but Kirk was very supportive so I am going to give it a try. The exfolliating cream I got from them is a very, very fine grit.

I may use this to get my skin back to normal, then try to get back ontot he Burts Bees to maintain it from coming back.
dolly's momma
dolly's momma
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  BethG Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:39 pm

DM, I think skin thing is part of aging....which sucks! I notice in the last couple of years my skin is no longer as soft as it used to be. Dull looking and some darkish spots appearing.

The BB pore cleaner helps, but I noticed when I was on a supplement regime that included Vitamin E, Evening Primrose Oil/Flax Seed Oil, and Fish Oil that my complexion was really nice. Clearer and brighter. I'm taking the Vitamin E but need to start the Flax Seed and Fish Oils again.

For everyone else, you can get Free Shipping on orders over $25 on the Burt's Bees website if you input the code BURTNEW (all caps). Not sure how long it lasts though. If you Google "Burt's Bees Coupon Code" you should be able to find something good though.

I was ready to place an order and couldn't get past the billing screen for some reason. Kept saying it couldn't process my address. WTF? Anyway, I ended up ordering from Drugstore.com and got an even better deal. Free Shipping plus $5 off $30.

I don't have the exact code since I had to activate from a webpage, but here's the page.
http://www.savings.com/b-Burts-Bees-coupons.html
Look for the coupon and then click to activate. I ended up with an even bigger discount than on the BB site since one of the products was even cheaper.

I'm getting Marshmallow Vanishing Creme ($14.99 -- BB is $18), Rosewater & Glycerin Toner ($11.99), Peach & Willowbar Pore Scrub ($7.99 this is the stuff I like), and Orange Essence Facial Cleanser ($7.99). I'll report back on what I like. I found reading the reviews on the BB website was really helpful in choosing a product.
BethG
BethG
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  BethG Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:52 pm

So I've been using my new products.....

Peach & Willowbark Pore Scrub -- still love this stuff. I use it in the shower and make sure to wash my hair afterwards in case any of it gets in my hair. Followed up with a toner and moisturizer.

Orange Essence Facial Cleanser -- heavy and "greasy" seems to be a complaint of some of BB's products. This is definitely heavier than my normal cleanser. Seems to clean my skin ok and remove makup. Nice scent, definitely "orangey". Not sure if it works any better than my other cleanser though. Leaves a bit of a residue/waxiness like the other scrub. I follow up with a toner to remove it. Recommended but not in love with. I'd probably buy it again though.

Rosewater & Glycerin Toner -- I do like this stuff. I use in the AM and PM. Nice scent. In the evening, I've been using this immediately after the Orange cleanser and it leaves my face soft feeling. Between the two, I don't always use a moisturizer at night now.

Marshmallow Vanishing Creme -- this is my least favorite product and I won't buy it again. I'm used to a moisturizer that is more liquid/light cream rather than a heavier cream like this. This seems hard to apply. Goes on almost sticky-like although it's smooth once it's absorbed. The trick seems to be very small amounts, rub it in, continue on to a new spot. Not unpleasant, but kind of a funky sweet scent. I tried in the AM and noticed I had really shiney, oily looking skin/makeup by the end of the day, worse than if I use my other moisturizer. So this is a night-time only product for me...I did put it on my hands though and that seemed nice!
BethG
BethG
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  dolly's momma Sun May 09, 2010 12:17 am

My skin is feeling so wonderful and soft right now. I bought a clarasonic skin brush and omg, it makes such a difference. My face feels so nice and soft all day long, it doesn't get oily in the evenings. I love it. I hope it is ok to post a web site

http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P137406&cm_mmc%3dus_search-_-GG-_-br%20clar_brush-_-S1273378360_ADOGOB_AGI3733658_CRE3018863627_TID332164025_RFDd3d3Lmdvb2dsZS5jb20%3d_RAWY2xhcmFzb25pYyUyMHBybw%3d%3d
dolly's momma
dolly's momma
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down