Parent Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 7 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 7 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 185 on Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:41 pm
Just popped in

Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

Comments: 0

Anyone still here?

Tue May 17, 2011 11:39 am by MommaBear

Comments: 7

Latest topics
» Kerala Flats: “An Abode Built In Harmony”
Yikes, It is that time of year again!!! EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 7:04 am by jesobere

» So who is who?
Yikes, It is that time of year again!!! EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 4:39 am by Nikki985

» Pregnant!!
Yikes, It is that time of year again!!! EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 8:03 pm by mscherry42

» Anyone else in the TWW?
Yikes, It is that time of year again!!! EmptyWed May 22, 2013 7:40 am by Nelli2013

» Just popped in
Yikes, It is that time of year again!!! EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

» Organic Baby Products - For my Baby!!!!!!!!
Yikes, It is that time of year again!!! EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 1:49 am by sarahgreen

» On to #3!!
Yikes, It is that time of year again!!! EmptyThu May 17, 2012 2:53 pm by Angel

» Nexplanon implant
Yikes, It is that time of year again!!! EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 2:04 pm by lindzee

» TTC'rs ,Charters and Chart Cheerleaders! 2010~
Yikes, It is that time of year again!!! EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 1:57 pm by lindzee

Gallery

Yikes, It is that time of year again!!! Empty
Statistics
We have 90 registered users
The newest registered user is galaxy1981

Our users have posted a total of 28198 messages in 1516 subjects
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

Yikes, It is that time of year again!!!

+3
mscherry42
Lou Lou
dolly's momma
7 posters

Go down

Yikes, It is that time of year again!!! Empty Yikes, It is that time of year again!!!

Post  dolly's momma Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:56 pm

What time of year? The time when we get invaded by people trying to escape winter.

Next weekend my brother and his wife from Oakland are coming for the three day weekend. Well, actually they are ok, and it isn' that cold in Oakland. He told his wife ''I have only seen that baby in pictures, so we are going to visit her before she grows up'' and booked their tickets. lol.

My husband's stepmother just called, she is coming from MN for 4 days the next weekend. Just got a good ticket on sale.

The next weekend my mom is coming for two weeks from Iowa. Yippee! I will be happy to see her, but I got a ton to clean up to her standards lol. She does not like to sit around, so it is hard to keep her busy all the time so she isn't going stir crazy. Last time she decided to dust my plant shelves in the living room, tripped over a step, and messed her knee all up. Sigh. Anybody in the area need the services of a mother during this time? She is an awesome cook.... lol. I am going to hide the big long pole duster.

It could be alot worse. Usually we get packs of 6 to 10 people at a time, so one or two will be alot easier. Plus my brother is staying at a hotel.
dolly's momma
dolly's momma
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Number of posts : 566
Loyalty Rating : 18413
Registration date : 2008-09-27

Back to top Go down

Yikes, It is that time of year again!!! Empty Re: Yikes, It is that time of year again!!!

Post  Lou Lou Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:03 pm

lol! I thought this was a Valentine's Day Rant!!!!!

I hope you can come up with some fabulous things to do with your family!!!! Most of mine live really close - (maybe too close?!) lol!!!!!

Keep us posted on how it goes!

Lou Lou
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1345
Loyalty Rating : 20289
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Back to top Go down

Yikes, It is that time of year again!!! Empty Re: Yikes, It is that time of year again!!!

Post  mscherry42 Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:58 am

Lou Lou,
Me too. I thought she was referring to Vday.

DM,
I don't envy you on all the hustle and bustle that company brings, but I know you'll have fun!!
mscherry42
mscherry42
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Number of posts : 780
Loyalty Rating : 19446
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down

Post  galaxy Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:10 am

Why not leave the cleaning and wait until your mother arrives, that will keep her busy Smile/happy
galaxy
galaxy
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Number of posts : 768
Loyalty Rating : 19719
Registration date : 2008-09-13

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/12fd6f

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily*Blossom Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:54 pm

I only just saw this DM! I hope you survive the visit Smile/happy Let us know how everything goes. Your mom is welcome to be my kitchen and house fairy anytime! LOL.
Lily*Blossom
Lily*Blossom

Number of posts : 1880
Loyalty Rating : 20898
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  MommaBear Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:58 pm

DM - Send her my way...my fam was actually supposed to come visit to help finish the kitchen and just get the stuff I cannot do like carry heavy stuff but alas the snow has made that impossible we are lucky we have enough room to park our own cars. Maybe that is why I am cranky. I think I need to see people or just have some type of social interaction.

But I agree let your mom help. I always try and get the really gross stuff and then let my mom loose it keeps her busy...lol. Now my dh's family is a different story but mine I just let the loose in the house with a wish list of to do's.
MommaBear
MommaBear
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Number of posts : 304
Loyalty Rating : 18016
Registration date : 2008-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Gutter Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:54 am

DM,
Hope you are surviving the family!! No one visits us, but last time we had family over I was 37 weeks pregnant and freaked out on my dad for walking all over my house with his shoes. My inlaws always get a hotel room, my mom doesn't drive therefore has only been to my house once, my MIL lives 3 hours away and doesn't visit, my sister used to love visiting before she met her BF and had a baby and my grandparents stay a day and get a hotel room. I'll be imposing on family very soon for a few months, lets hope my trip goes well!!

Gutter
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1455
Loyalty Rating : 20107
Registration date : 2008-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down