Parent Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 185 on Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:41 pm
Just popped in

Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

Comments: 0

Anyone still here?

Tue May 17, 2011 11:39 am by MommaBear

Comments: 7

Latest topics
» Kerala Flats: “An Abode Built In Harmony”
Sciatic nerve damage or something else? EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 7:04 am by jesobere

» So who is who?
Sciatic nerve damage or something else? EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 4:39 am by Nikki985

» Pregnant!!
Sciatic nerve damage or something else? EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 8:03 pm by mscherry42

» Anyone else in the TWW?
Sciatic nerve damage or something else? EmptyWed May 22, 2013 7:40 am by Nelli2013

» Just popped in
Sciatic nerve damage or something else? EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

» Organic Baby Products - For my Baby!!!!!!!!
Sciatic nerve damage or something else? EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 1:49 am by sarahgreen

» On to #3!!
Sciatic nerve damage or something else? EmptyThu May 17, 2012 2:53 pm by Angel

» Nexplanon implant
Sciatic nerve damage or something else? EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 2:04 pm by lindzee

» TTC'rs ,Charters and Chart Cheerleaders! 2010~
Sciatic nerve damage or something else? EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 1:57 pm by lindzee

Gallery

Sciatic nerve damage or something else? Empty
Statistics
We have 90 registered users
The newest registered user is galaxy1981

Our users have posted a total of 28198 messages in 1516 subjects
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

Sciatic nerve damage or something else?

+2
dolly's momma
Lou Lou
6 posters

Go down

Sciatic nerve damage or something else? Empty Sciatic nerve damage or something else?

Post  Lou Lou Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:11 pm

Quick recap:
while I was pregnant I developed severe sciatic nerve problems and some lower back problems. It went away as soon as Owen was born. I literally came out of recovery thinking to myself that my pain was gone!

I thought that was the end of it but about two weeks ago it started up again and has gradually gotten worse and worse.
But now I have a new problem..... it's hard to explain but I am having a burning sensation in my upper butt (around my tail bone area). It almost feels like my underwear is made of sand paper and burning deep down under my skin.

THEN today, I started having a weird pain in my privates!

WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON?

Does anyone have ANY thoughts on what this may be? Do I call a PT, a back doctor or what? I have to do something about this tomorrow. We went to a party tonight and I had to stand the whole night because it hurt so much to sit......

Lou Lou
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1345
Loyalty Rating : 20262
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Back to top Go down

Sciatic nerve damage or something else? Empty Re: Sciatic nerve damage or something else?

Post  dolly's momma Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:20 pm

Hmm, sounds to me like pinched nerves kinda stuff. Is the new pain more off to the side than in the center? I get pain there and it is s.i. joint. Do you know a good chiropractor? That's where I would go first...........
dolly's momma
dolly's momma
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Number of posts : 566
Loyalty Rating : 18386
Registration date : 2008-09-27

Back to top Go down

Sciatic nerve damage or something else? Empty Re: Sciatic nerve damage or something else?

Post  Lou Lou Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:26 pm

honestly, it's everywhere. sometimes to the side, sometimes right down the middle.... sometimes it's so bad I can't tell where the pain is originating.

I hadn't thought about a chiropractor..... thanks!

Lou Lou
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  BethG Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:49 am

Back in May I was in some severe pain and went to see a chiropractor (she's also my fertility acupuncture dr.). She said it was my SI joints (sacro-illiac joints) which aren't true joints but are more like cushioning joints. They are down low in your butt, lower than your hips. Not only can they get inflamed and be quite painful, but the muscles around them can start to tighten and make things worse. That burning sensation you mentioned is classic. But the thigh and other pains sounds like the muscles.

The adjustments she did probably helped, but the massage therapy she ordered, deep tissue massage, probably helped the most. Acupressure too. If you can get your hubby to massage your butt (!) it'll help. It'll hurt though --kinda a no pain, no gain type of situation.
BethG
BethG
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1776
Loyalty Rating : 22677
Registration date : 2008-10-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Gutter Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:34 pm

I've had back/tailbone pain ever since I've had Audrey Cry I'll get burning sensation in my upper back, it's just terrible to live with such a constant reminder of pain Cry

Gutter
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1455
Loyalty Rating : 20080
Registration date : 2008-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Lou Lou Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:00 pm

ugh! Thanks guys! Beth - that is what I was told was the problem while I was pregnant so I wouldn't be surprised if it's just a flare up. I know what you mean about the massages hurting! My hubby rubbed my legs, back and butt the other night and I was shrieking in pain!!!
Gutter - I'm sorry to hear you have pain as well! It's just the WORST pain ever, isn't it?
I called my PT today and she wants me to get an MRI to make sure it's not a bulging disc before moving forward with any type of therapy. She wants to make sure we are treating it correctly. I'm just waiting on my general practioner to call back with an appointment with a neurosurgeon.

Please say prayers that this can be fixed with PT. I don't want to have back surgery!!!!!!!

Lou Lou
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  BethG Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:23 pm

Lou Lou, I thought it was you who had told me about the SI joints before. I bet it is just a flare up. I've had it flare up again on me too, just not to the same pain level as last May. Yeah, the massage pain can be excruiciating but it really does seem to help. I hope you're back/hips/legs feel better soon.
BethG
BethG
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  MommaBear Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:01 pm

Oh Lou Lou I am so sorry to hear that your back is so bad. My sister was going to a chiropractor after she gave birth to her little one in October and said she had some major stuff out of whack. My old chiropractor explained things really well to me when I had major issues that if something is out of place it causes irritation around the area be it muscles or tissue and until that something is moved out of the way and allowed to heal you will continue to have discomfort and swelling and that after it slips it is easy for it to slip back out. I really hope you don't need surgery. My mom had back issues and had to have surgery from slipped discs it isn't fun. Lets hope that it is just a tweaked nerve or something.
MommaBear
MommaBear
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Number of posts : 304
Loyalty Rating : 17989
Registration date : 2008-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Lou Lou Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:47 pm

Well, I am having an MRI in the morning to rule out a bulging or slipped disc. I am hoping they are able to see SOMETHING that explains my pain so that I can start to heal. My PT thought this was the best way to go.

Thanks for being so supportive ladies, I appreciate it!

Lou Lou
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  BethG Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:58 pm

Let us know what you find out!
BethG
BethG
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  Lou Lou Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:25 pm

Well, the MRI was clear. I am "the picture of perfect health"!!!!!

I AM glad that I don't have a bulging disc but part of me was hoping there would be something so they would know how to treat me!!!!
I have two options now. More therapy or pain management. Pain management involves injections in the back. (like an epidural) I don't want to go this route so I guess I'm heading back to therapy. I feel like an old lady! : )

Lou Lou
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  BethG Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:17 pm

That's good news actually. You certainly didn't want a problem like a bulging disk!

Massage therapy....I'm telling you that's what helped me the most. Butt rubs!
BethG
BethG
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  skyllar Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:58 pm

Sorry, you are in pain, Lou Lou!!! I just read this! But, I am glad they didn't find anything seriously wrong with your back today. That's a relief. Hopefully the physical therapy will help relieve the pain. When do you start / continue?
skyllar
skyllar
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1593
Loyalty Rating : 21070
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Lou Lou Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:19 pm

thanks you guys! I didn't mean to sound ungrateful for being healthy!!!!! ; )
I just want some answers!

I actually have to make a few phone calls to decide what to do next. I'll let you guys know what happens next! Smile/happy

Lou Lou
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum