Parent Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 185 on Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:41 pm
Just popped in

Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

Comments: 0

Anyone still here?

Tue May 17, 2011 11:39 am by MommaBear

Comments: 7

Latest topics
» Kerala Flats: “An Abode Built In Harmony”
What scares you? EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 7:04 am by jesobere

» So who is who?
What scares you? EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 4:39 am by Nikki985

» Pregnant!!
What scares you? EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 8:03 pm by mscherry42

» Anyone else in the TWW?
What scares you? EmptyWed May 22, 2013 7:40 am by Nelli2013

» Just popped in
What scares you? EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

» Organic Baby Products - For my Baby!!!!!!!!
What scares you? EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 1:49 am by sarahgreen

» On to #3!!
What scares you? EmptyThu May 17, 2012 2:53 pm by Angel

» Nexplanon implant
What scares you? EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 2:04 pm by lindzee

» TTC'rs ,Charters and Chart Cheerleaders! 2010~
What scares you? EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 1:57 pm by lindzee

Gallery

What scares you? Empty
Statistics
We have 90 registered users
The newest registered user is galaxy1981

Our users have posted a total of 28198 messages in 1516 subjects
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

What scares you?

+11
galaxy
Mum of jj
dolly's momma
Gutter
Helen
Georgi
Leeaman
24Penguins
Angel
White Lily
Lily*Blossom
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

What scares you? Empty What scares you?

Post  Lily*Blossom Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:35 am

I am totally freaked of looking in mirrors when it is dark but just light enough to make out my reflection. I am also terrified of dark water, even though I am a swimmer/water polo player/surfer, I would NEVER step foot in the water at night if there was no light underwater.

Oh and lately, I am realizing that I am terrified of scorpions.........
Lily*Blossom
Lily*Blossom

Number of posts : 1880
Loyalty Rating : 20925
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Back to top Go down

What scares you? Empty Re: What scares you?

Post  White Lily Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:43 am

OMG that is so weird!!! I am totally freaked out by mirrors in the dark too! lol! I used to cover them up at night before I turned the light off but now I just make sure I don't look at them as I walk past! I never knew anyone else that was scared of the same thing though!
White Lily
White Lily
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1272
Loyalty Rating : 18399
Registration date : 2008-09-11

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/0mel0

Back to top Go down

Post  Angel Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:09 am

yes its called 'darkmirphobia" lol sorry couldnt resist...if it makes you feel better,I have emetophobia (google it) it makes me so ill if I am put in a situation where i'm confronted with this...kids getting sick or something.
Angel
Angel
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2197
Loyalty Rating : 21367
Registration date : 2008-09-09

https://parentise.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  24Penguins Sat Sep 27, 2008 11:16 am

i have arachnophobia. like, not just a fear of spiders, either, like i CAN NOT go to sleep if i know there is a spider in the house, or on the porch or if i see one. i will sit there and stare at it until charles kills it so i can watch where it goes cause if i loose track of it i will freak out knowing it is alive and i dont know where it went and it could come back. i had two very traumatizing experiences with spiders when i was younger. cant elaborate right now, ill come back at nap time lol.
24Penguins
24Penguins
Parentiseaholic
Parentiseaholic

Number of posts : 2661
Loyalty Rating : 18838

http://www.myspace.com/24penguins

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily*Blossom Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:46 pm

Wow, Angel, I did google emetophobia. Did you ever become ill while pregnant? If so, how did you deal? How do you deal if your kids throw up?

White Lily, that is crazy that you are also afraid of dark mirrors! I don't know why, but they terrify me, I am always afraid that something evil or something is gonna be staring back at me. I even have nightmares sometimes that I am in a dark room full of mirrors and that someone is after me, but I can only just barely make them out in the mirror.
Lily*Blossom
Lily*Blossom

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily*Blossom Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:47 pm

P.S. Penguins, I am scared to kill spiders, but I will do it if hubby isn't around. I can't sleep if I know there is a spider in the room, but if it is somewhere else in the house, then I can deal with it.
Lily*Blossom
Lily*Blossom

Back to top Go down

Post  Leeaman Sat Sep 27, 2008 2:03 pm

Holy, this afraid of mirrors thing, I think I may become one after watching the movie "Mirrors" last night. lol
Leeaman
Leeaman

Number of posts : 409
Loyalty Rating : 17478

Back to top Go down

Post  24Penguins Sat Sep 27, 2008 2:06 pm

lol, one time there was a HUGE spider in a web on the front porch and i waited till DF came home to kill it to go to sleep cause our front door doesnt have a tight seal, and so i kept on peeking out making sure it was still there and then i would get all freaked out cause it was! lol. but yeah, i cant sleep if i know ones there, doesnt matter where it is.
24Penguins
24Penguins
Parentiseaholic
Parentiseaholic

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgi Sat Sep 27, 2008 2:10 pm

I don't have any phobia's but I am scared of many thing's, the thing that probably scares me the most is getting old, I don't mean that in a ha ha funny kind of way, I get anxious if I think about it too much. I am also scared of the dark and thunder & lightening.
Georgi
Georgi
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2544
Loyalty Rating : 21420

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/Cleo

Back to top Go down

Post  Helen Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:19 pm

I am scared of SPIDERS, I have to have DH kill it so I can be at ease lol!!!

I too like Georgi am scared of getting old, I can't bear the thought of having to leave my kids behind Cry Also I am petrified of passing away while my kids are still very small Cry

I do get anxious and very upset if I sit there and ponder on it !!
Helen
Helen
Rocket Fingers!!
Rocket Fingers!!

Number of posts : 1789
Loyalty Rating : 17713
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post  24Penguins Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:15 pm

im also terrified that one day Charles (DF) will get killed in his car. not sure why, but i worry sooo much. i drive him nuts lol. and i do worry abut passing away when my kids are young. it makes me so sad to think about it.
24Penguins
24Penguins
Parentiseaholic
Parentiseaholic

Back to top Go down

Post  Gutter Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:27 pm

I'd have to say that I have a fear of puking too. Have only done it maybe 2-3 times since I was really little. The one time was out of my control food poisoning and this traumatized me since I hadn't been sick in years, the other time was drinking too much, so I wasn't conscious enough to make a big deal out of it. So anyways I know it's definately a fear for me. Another fear is getting into a car accident.

Gutter
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1455
Loyalty Rating : 20134
Registration date : 2008-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  dolly's momma Sun Sep 28, 2008 12:45 am

I am terrified of mirrors in the dark too. I won't look at them. I have too many horror movies driven into my subconcious -- I just KNOW that if I look something besides me will be looking back at me lol. Ditto for the dark water.

I am soooo glad I don't share this throwing up fear ........ cause I just recently did it at least daily for almost 9 months. No

I am pretty sure I can top your fear of scorpions too Princess...... try getting stung not one time, but THREE DIFFERENT TIMES by scorpions in the middle of the night IN YOUR OWN BED. Happened to me last summer. More recently I have had close encounters but no stings. I went into the bathroom in the middle of the night and sat down, and a scorpion ran out from under the edge of the rug AND UNDER MY TOES. Or the one that I just stepped on in the dark and it went crunch. After I was stung I would wake up about 6 times a night and have to turn the lights on and check all the floors, and walls, and under the sheets. I still will check under the sheets if I wake up thinking something has touched my foot. Oh, and we got a really good exterminator ..... nowadays the only scorpions I find are dead or dying ones - just the way I like it!!

Last edited by dolly's momma on Sun Sep 28, 2008 12:52 am; edited 1 time in total
dolly's momma
dolly's momma
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Number of posts : 566
Loyalty Rating : 18440
Registration date : 2008-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Mum of jj Sun Sep 28, 2008 12:47 am

I too am terrified of spiders, yuck, just getting the shivers thinking about the ugly things! if i see one i run into the other room and tell DH to get rid of it, he thinks im just funny, even tho they arnt poisonous i cant stand them!!!

Im not afraid of the dark so much its more something appearing in the dark, whether it be walking to the shop which is like 50 meters away, I always think someone is gonna jump out at me or follow me. also after having a psychic reading a couple of years ago and connecting with my grandfather, too much personal stuff was said things only me and him knew and stuff id forgotten about so it was true, but he said he liked my new house etc and often played with jesse and could talk to him, this freaked me out knowing he has been here in spirit, i told him he can come and go as much as he pleases just dont let me know in anyway!! i dont know what id do if i saw a figure of someone dead!!! id run and hide under the duvet!! lol
Mum of jj
Mum of jj

Number of posts : 622
Loyalty Rating : 17658

Back to top Go down

Post  White Lily Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:17 am

Another one that's afraid of mirrors in the dark! Wow, I don't feel so strange now! lol! Don't know what it is with me, I think I get scared that if I look into it there will be something evil behind me or something!

I'm not scared of puking but I really hate to do it.
White Lily
White Lily
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  Angel Sun Sep 28, 2008 1:46 pm

Princess_Longbottom wrote:Wow, Angel, I did google emetophobia. Did you ever become ill while pregnant? If so, how did you deal? How do you deal if your kids throw up?

White Lily, that is crazy that you are also afraid of dark mirrors! I don't know why, but they terrify me, I am always afraid that something evil or something is gonna be staring back at me. I even have nightmares sometimes that I am in a dark room full of mirrors and that someone is after me, but I can only just barely make them out in the mirror.

OK,you asked, (warning everyone this might be long and whiney please dont read anymore if you aren't up for this LOL)

So,I have emetophobia (fear of vomitting and or other people around me vommiting.It sort of runs my life,although is has got slightly better in recent years.It still torture for me.

When I was pregnant the first time,with my son,my nausea wasn't too bad and I only threw up twice,once because of a terrible smell.I was working in a restuarant and went in throught the back entrance and past the exposed garbage bin with all rotting food and it was summer so the heat made it one of the most unhloy smells ever.This caused to e to go to the bathroombut nothing really came up because I hadnt yet eaten that morning.

The second time,was when I ate with my housemates,they cooked something very rich and I guess i just couldnt handle it so I threw up.It was awful but not so bad as I imagined it being.Worst of that though,I was so thirsty after wards that I went into the kitchen,opened the fridge and grabbed what I thought was a bottle of perrier,I gulped some down,only to realise too late that it was destilled 'eau de vie' basically a french home made liquor made from prunes shock it burned my throat and was NOT the best thing to be drinking of course!

Anyway, with this pregnancy the nausea was debilitating,some days I could only lay on the bed and get up to pee,I could only eat ice pops and certain things,but no vommiting,although at times I thouht i would have felt better if I was sick.

As for when the kids are sick,well so far (touch wood) the baby hasnt really been sick (I hope I am not jinxing myself saying this) and my son,well when he's sick,it 's horrible for about 5 days.It's much worse for me to know someone else could vomit at anytime.The last time he had a stomache virus he got dehydrated and went to hospital it was AWFUL<I felt like such a shit mother because,I was no help.I was shaking and weak from worry and no sleep.He got sick when my mother was herefor the babys birth and i was SO lucky because she took care of him the 3 nights he was sick!She dealt with everything.I am so glad for that because she isnt worried by puke and can deal with it.Whereas I totally become useless.

I mean,as far as cleaning it up goes,I deal with it,but while it's happeing I have to try so hard not to freak out.as He gets older it gets worse because he gets more upset everytime and he makes his discomfort known in such a way that you cant help him or calm him.It would be terrible for me if hubby was sick,our whole relationship,if he has thrown up,I have never known about it.I hope it remains that way.The last time a S/O was throwin up in front of me,I passed out on the stairs.I am not sure where this fear comes from but it's actuallt the 6th most common in the world.

Some other facts about us are.We don't usually tell anyone,we think we're freaks.We often have eating disorders and odd behaviour such as OCD's,Cannot watch vommit scenes in a movie and on and on it goes.

Mine include;

*When someone in my house get s stomache virus,I got into lockdown,disinfecting all the door handles,lightswtiches and things that people touch with hands.

*I don't like to eat seafood/deli food and or things that I ate before vommiting before. (chinese food)

*I dont like taking public transport because I'm afraid someone would throw up.

*If theres a stomache flu epidemic I dont like to go out shopping in case someone has touched all the things in the store

many more strange things,I think about it most days,there are people much worse though...
Angel
Angel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  galaxy Sun Sep 28, 2008 2:29 pm

After the problems I had during my pregnancy, I have to second the emetophobia! I am petrified of being sick after vomiting up blood and I can't even wear clothes that I wore whilst pregnant, just looking at them and my pregnancy book etc makes me very naseous.

I hate the dark and working night shifts, I start seeing things all over the place, especially when I look in a mirror, I try and avoid it.
galaxy
galaxy
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Number of posts : 768
Loyalty Rating : 19746

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/12fd6f

Back to top Go down

Post  kellybean Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:36 pm

oh, good question.

I'm always scared for my daughter. Ever since I was pregnant I always had bad dreams that something would happen to her and that I would loose her. Even the thought now brings tears to my eyes as I can't imagine loosing a child. I would never be the same person again.

I'm also scared of growing old...by myself. I get high anxiety when I think about what happens if I get cancer or deathly ill, who would take care of me? It's a paralyzing thought.

Oh and Angel, glad you weren't around me this last weekend...you wouldn't have made it my friend! Neutral
kellybean
kellybean
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Number of posts : 173
Loyalty Rating : 17077
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Angel Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:38 pm

kellybean wrote:oh, good question.

I'm always scared for my daughter. Ever since I was pregnant I always had bad dreams that something would happen to her and that I would loose her. Even the thought now brings tears to my eyes as I can't imagine loosing a child. I would never be the same person again.

I'm also scared of growing old...by myself. I get high anxiety when I think about what happens if I get cancer or deathly ill, who would take care of me? It's a paralyzing thought.

Oh and Angel, glad you weren't around me this last weekend...you wouldn't have made it my friend! Neutral

were you throwing up???! Gah!No I wouldnt/sorry! I cant take care of anyone when they're like that! Sigh! :roll:
Angel
Angel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  kellybean Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:32 pm

oh yeah...from Thurs nite to Sat nite. It was not pretty.
I went to the ER on Friday nite cause I was so dehydrated and delerious. Got some juice back in me and some sleep.
I'm finally on the mend now. Except for my sinus infection. Grrrrrr....
kellybean
kellybean
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Number of posts : 173
Loyalty Rating : 17077
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily*Blossom Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:41 pm

Angel. I've just read your response, that is SO tough! You are a trooper hun, it can't be easy living with such a fear, and it can't be fun being so afraid to be sick.

I forgot to mention, I am completely terrified of earthquakes as well. After the big Northridge Quake in the early 90's, which was 10 miles from my house, I had to go to therapy. If someone even shook the couch when they sat down, I would totally freak out.
Lily*Blossom
Lily*Blossom

Back to top Go down

Post  Lou Lou Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:10 pm

Kelly - I feel the same way about Owen!
I try not to let my mind go there but I worry about something happening to him now a a a baby but also as a teenager. It's awful! I can't watch TV anymore if it involves children being sick or hurt because my mind immediately starts to wander.

Lou Lou
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1345
Loyalty Rating : 20316

Back to top Go down

Post  skyllar Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:53 am

I am afraid of growing older, and not being around for Kian. (oh boy, makes me sad to think about it now) Cry

I also hate thunder and lightning, but mostly when the thunderstorm is at night and it is dark everywhere.

I am also afraid of car accidents and don't trust any driver around me on the road.
skyllar
skyllar
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1593
Loyalty Rating : 21124

Back to top Go down

Post  White Lily Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:33 am

Jesus!!!! I have just seen the Trailer for the film Mirrors shock you wont catch me watching that film!
White Lily
White Lily
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily*Blossom Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:56 pm

Mirrors?? Oh my gosh I can only imagine. They finally made a movie about one of my biggest fears.

Oh gosh, did I mention that I also HATE clowns, and I HATE dolls and toys that move mechanically on their own!!!!
Lily*Blossom
Lily*Blossom

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum