Parent Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 185 on Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:41 pm
Just popped in

Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

Comments: 0

Anyone still here?

Tue May 17, 2011 11:39 am by MommaBear

Comments: 7

Latest topics
» Kerala Flats: “An Abode Built In Harmony”
So what will your kids be for Halloween this year?? EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 7:04 am by jesobere

» So who is who?
So what will your kids be for Halloween this year?? EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 4:39 am by Nikki985

» Pregnant!!
So what will your kids be for Halloween this year?? EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 8:03 pm by mscherry42

» Anyone else in the TWW?
So what will your kids be for Halloween this year?? EmptyWed May 22, 2013 7:40 am by Nelli2013

» Just popped in
So what will your kids be for Halloween this year?? EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

» Organic Baby Products - For my Baby!!!!!!!!
So what will your kids be for Halloween this year?? EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 1:49 am by sarahgreen

» On to #3!!
So what will your kids be for Halloween this year?? EmptyThu May 17, 2012 2:53 pm by Angel

» Nexplanon implant
So what will your kids be for Halloween this year?? EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 2:04 pm by lindzee

» TTC'rs ,Charters and Chart Cheerleaders! 2010~
So what will your kids be for Halloween this year?? EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 1:57 pm by lindzee

Gallery

So what will your kids be for Halloween this year?? Empty
Statistics
We have 90 registered users
The newest registered user is galaxy1981

Our users have posted a total of 28198 messages in 1516 subjects
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

So what will your kids be for Halloween this year??

+5
dolly's momma
Lou Lou
Gutter
24Penguins
Lily*Blossom
9 posters

Go down

So what will your kids be for Halloween this year?? Empty So what will your kids be for Halloween this year??

Post  Lily*Blossom Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:03 pm

I am going to dress LM up as a tootsie roll.

This is the costume: http://images.buycostumes.com/mgen/merchandiser/19136.jpg

Last edited by Princess_Longbottom on Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lily*Blossom
Lily*Blossom

Number of posts : 1880
Loyalty Rating : 20925
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Back to top Go down

So what will your kids be for Halloween this year?? Empty Re: So what will your kids be for Halloween this year??

Post  24Penguins Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:16 pm

OMG tiff that costume is ADORABLE!!!! hehehe i LOVE it.

kaydance is going to be a monkey, i posted pics in the picture sharing thread lol
24Penguins
24Penguins
Parentiseaholic
Parentiseaholic

Number of posts : 2661
Loyalty Rating : 18838
Registration date : 2008-09-11

http://www.myspace.com/24penguins

Back to top Go down

So what will your kids be for Halloween this year?? Empty Re: So what will your kids be for Halloween this year??

Post  Gutter Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:31 pm

Tiff I absolutely LOVE IT!!

Gutter
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1455
Loyalty Rating : 20134
Registration date : 2008-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Lou Lou Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:52 pm

I wanted Owen to be a big, round, cute, pumpkin but DH went and bought him a costume and so my tiny, infant baby boy is going to be.................. a skeleton!

HAHAHA!!!!!

Lou Lou
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1345
Loyalty Rating : 20316

Back to top Go down

Post  dolly's momma Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:20 pm

I got Lucy a pumpkin costume. It is really just a footed sleeper with a hood, but I figured it's enough costume for a baby. Those big round pumpkin ones are pretty stinkin cute though!
dolly's momma
dolly's momma
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Number of posts : 566
Loyalty Rating : 18440
Registration date : 2008-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Angel Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:44 am

Aww cute!I have ordered Teo a Mr incredible suit and baby gurl a bunny suit from walmart!It's SO cute!I will of course post pics when the time comes!
Angel
Angel
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2197
Loyalty Rating : 21367
Registration date : 2008-09-09

https://parentise.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  kellybean Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:45 pm

STILL...undecided.
Usually every year she picks out what she wants to be next year and really does stick to it.
This year she wants to be everything.
The votes still out.
kellybean
kellybean
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Number of posts : 173
Loyalty Rating : 17077
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post  mscherry42 Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:23 pm

This one is tough for me. I don't celebrate Halloween for religious reasons. But, I did let Jadah go last year. I have no problem with her eating the candy its the trick or treating part that I don't agree with. Now, I'm really torn because I would love for them to dress up but stay home and eat candy and chill. But try that and see how well it goes for a 6 year old. So, I'm wondering if I should even let them dress up, or would it be too much temptation or slap in the face for the 6 year old. I want to take them to a church and let them participate in something like that. Can anyone help me come up with a middle ground?
mscherry42
mscherry42
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Number of posts : 780
Loyalty Rating : 19473
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down

Post  skyllar Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:31 pm

OMG Tiff!!! DH and I saw this tootsie roll costume and thought about getting it. It may look like he might not get one this year though :cry: as we are trying to save money and nobody is around to give us one, LOL.
skyllar
skyllar
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1593
Loyalty Rating : 21124
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily*Blossom Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:21 pm

mscherry42 wrote:This one is tough for me. I don't celebrate Halloween for religious reasons. But, I did let Jadah go last year. I have no problem with her eating the candy its the trick or treating part that I don't agree with. Now, I'm really torn because I would love for them to dress up but stay home and eat candy and chill. But try that and see how well it goes for a 6 year old. So, I'm wondering if I should even let them dress up, or would it be too much temptation or slap in the face for the 6 year old. I want to take them to a church and let them participate in something like that. Can anyone help me come up with a middle ground?

I had a friend who didn't celebrate Halloween as most people for religious reasons, so I can understand this mscherry Smile/happy Her mom didn't like the idea of evil costumes, skeletons, devils, evil looking masks, ect. Her mom used to buy her candy, but she couldn't dress up or go trick-or-treating.

I am not sure your stance on this, but maybe you could get some friends together and have what our church calls a trunk-or-treat. They get together in the church parking lot with their cars, and have little game booths set up next to their cars, fish for prizes, bingo, ect. Everyone brings candy too, and there is a dress code for costumes, i.e. nothing evil and no masks allowed.
Lily*Blossom
Lily*Blossom

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:34 am

mscherry, I can relate! I dressed up and trick-or-treated as a kid, but I will not be doing that with Kenadi. Our church has a fall festival on Halloween night at the local fairgrounds. There are inflatable games, pony rides, food/candy, face painting, etc. We send out flyers and stuff and encourage people to wear fun costumes that aren't evil/scary (like witches, ghosts, frankenstein, monsters, mummies, etc.) Maybe you can find something like this near where you live? Or if you're feeling especially creative, you could start a festival up on your own this year and maybe it could become a tradition for your family. Really, all you have to do is let your kids dress up in a cute costume and give them SOMETHING to look forward to. Maybe going to a pumpkin patch? Or doing something they don't get to do alot, like going bowling or skating in their costumes? I've seen families do stuff like this on Halloween and most of the time, those kids have more fun than the ones out begging for candy. goodluck

BTW, Kenadi is going to be a ladybug for Halloween :tongue:

Back to top Go down

Post  mscherry42 Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:18 pm

Thanks everyone. I like the idea of dressing up and going bowling or something. And also maybe going to a church. I haven't seen any advertisements on church bulletin boards as I drive by though. Google has everything, maybe I can find something on there. Again, thanks everyone.
mscherry42
mscherry42
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Number of posts : 780
Loyalty Rating : 19473
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily*Blossom Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:35 pm

Well, we didn't end up dressing LM up after all. Halloween was also payday for us, and by the time we went to the costume store, all the tootsie roll costumes were gone, and what was left was crappy and expensive. Next year.
Lily*Blossom
Lily*Blossom

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down