Parent Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 185 on Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:41 pm
Just popped in

Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

Comments: 0

Anyone still here?

Tue May 17, 2011 11:39 am by MommaBear

Comments: 7

Latest topics
» Kerala Flats: “An Abode Built In Harmony”
Dinnertime EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 7:04 am by jesobere

» So who is who?
Dinnertime EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 4:39 am by Nikki985

» Pregnant!!
Dinnertime EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 8:03 pm by mscherry42

» Anyone else in the TWW?
Dinnertime EmptyWed May 22, 2013 7:40 am by Nelli2013

» Just popped in
Dinnertime EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

» Organic Baby Products - For my Baby!!!!!!!!
Dinnertime EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 1:49 am by sarahgreen

» On to #3!!
Dinnertime EmptyThu May 17, 2012 2:53 pm by Angel

» Nexplanon implant
Dinnertime EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 2:04 pm by lindzee

» TTC'rs ,Charters and Chart Cheerleaders! 2010~
Dinnertime EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 1:57 pm by lindzee

Gallery

Dinnertime Empty
Statistics
We have 90 registered users
The newest registered user is galaxy1981

Our users have posted a total of 28198 messages in 1516 subjects
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

Dinnertime

3 posters

Go down

Dinnertime Empty Dinnertime

Post  Myste Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:00 pm

So my fiance gets off work at 6:30. I try to have dinner ready when he comes home and it never ever works. Either prep takes longer than I expected, I'm out of something and have to change plans or run to the store.

Or days like today. I start early, get it prepared so it'll be ready by 6:30.... AND HE FREAKING COMES HOME EARLY.

Ok, I know it's stupid, but ARGH. He can't stay out of the kitchen while I'm cooking and he has to see what I"m cooking and it drives me absolutely nuts. I just want dinner ready when he comes home so I can cook in peace.

rant over.
Myste
Myste
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Number of posts : 182
Loyalty Rating : 17292
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Dinnertime Empty Re: Dinnertime

Post  24Penguins Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:07 pm

awww im sorry hun, that has to be frustrating!!! i know what you mean though, when DF is like, whats for dinner, whens it gonna be ready??? lol, i just wanna yell ill be done in a bit and youll eat it weather you want to or not LOL!!!
24Penguins
24Penguins
Parentiseaholic
Parentiseaholic

Number of posts : 2661
Loyalty Rating : 18838

http://www.myspace.com/24penguins

Back to top Go down

Post  Mum of jj Sat Oct 11, 2008 4:54 am

lol, i know what your talking about, i was like this before my 1st baby arrived and after he was born wow did i wake up! i had to get tea prepared around lunch when he was having a nap, so everything was all ready i only had to turn it on, as i had soo many othe chores to do and the only time i could do it was when he slept, sometimes i had potatoes peeled and veges in pot of water by 11am! now with 2 kids nothing has changed and hubby walks in the door at 6.15pm and ive dished it up at 6.10 so as soon as he in the door we all sit down together and eat, then i do all the dishes and get something out of freezer for the following night!
Mum of jj
Mum of jj

Number of posts : 622
Loyalty Rating : 17658

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:28 pm

Oh wow, I can relate! When I was pregnant and we both had different jobs than we do now, I would always get home like 2-3 hours before him so I would try and have dinner ready. The worst part was that I had a hard time estimating how long it would take. I usually ended up overestimating on the time, so I would have dinner ready and still have 30 min. before he got home. That sucks :( Now, we have different jobs AND a baby, and he and the baby get home before me and they are usually napping when I walk in the door, so I always run straight to the kitchen and get dinner going so it will be almost done by the time they wake up. lol. I think dinnertime is the most rushed part of my day, especially if they wake up before it's ready. Then I have to try to nurse K or at least soothe her b/c the instant she sees me, she wants me to pick her up and say hello and I have to keep an eye on the cooking w/out getting her too close to anything dangerous (we generally dont allow her in the kitchen at all). It's so difficult!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum