Parent Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 185 on Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:41 pm
Just popped in

Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

Comments: 0

Anyone still here?

Tue May 17, 2011 11:39 am by MommaBear

Comments: 7

Latest topics
» Kerala Flats: “An Abode Built In Harmony”
Solid Foods  and Milk Intake Types guidline By Age... EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 7:04 am by jesobere

» So who is who?
Solid Foods  and Milk Intake Types guidline By Age... EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 4:39 am by Nikki985

» Pregnant!!
Solid Foods  and Milk Intake Types guidline By Age... EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 8:03 pm by mscherry42

» Anyone else in the TWW?
Solid Foods  and Milk Intake Types guidline By Age... EmptyWed May 22, 2013 7:40 am by Nelli2013

» Just popped in
Solid Foods  and Milk Intake Types guidline By Age... EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

» Organic Baby Products - For my Baby!!!!!!!!
Solid Foods  and Milk Intake Types guidline By Age... EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 1:49 am by sarahgreen

» On to #3!!
Solid Foods  and Milk Intake Types guidline By Age... EmptyThu May 17, 2012 2:53 pm by Angel

» Nexplanon implant
Solid Foods  and Milk Intake Types guidline By Age... EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 2:04 pm by lindzee

» TTC'rs ,Charters and Chart Cheerleaders! 2010~
Solid Foods  and Milk Intake Types guidline By Age... EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 1:57 pm by lindzee

Gallery

Solid Foods  and Milk Intake Types guidline By Age... Empty
Statistics
We have 90 registered users
The newest registered user is galaxy1981

Our users have posted a total of 28198 messages in 1516 subjects
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

Solid Foods and Milk Intake Types guidline By Age...

+4
mscherry42
sparkles
Helen
Angel
8 posters

Go down

Solid Foods  and Milk Intake Types guidline By Age... Empty Solid Foods and Milk Intake Types guidline By Age...

Post  Angel Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:52 am

Last edited by Angel on Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:53 am; edited 3 times in total
Angel
Angel
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2197
Loyalty Rating : 21361
Registration date : 2008-09-09

https://parentise.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Solid Foods  and Milk Intake Types guidline By Age... Empty Re: Solid Foods and Milk Intake Types guidline By Age...

Post  Helen Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:58 pm

Here in the uk alot of midwifes, health visitors etc are saying to start weaning at 6 months !!!!!!

Its getting later and later !!!!

With Ryan it was still 4 months but we didn't wean him til he was 5 and a half months old !!
Helen
Helen
Rocket Fingers!!
Rocket Fingers!!

Number of posts : 1789
Loyalty Rating : 17707
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Solid Foods  and Milk Intake Types guidline By Age... Empty Re: Solid Foods and Milk Intake Types guidline By Age...

Post  Angel Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:14 pm

Yes in france it was 4-5,they moved it to 5-6 and said they thought the digestive system might be too immature and that it may cause problems in later life?Who knows.I weened my son at 4 months
Angel
Angel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Helen Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:15 pm

Thats the reason they gave here, I think even this time we will wean at the same age Ryan was !!!
Helen
Helen
Rocket Fingers!!
Rocket Fingers!!

Back to top Go down

Post  sparkles Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:26 pm

that is a great web site i actually came across it a few weeks ago and printed alot out from it
They also say 6 months here now too, but i started Kyrah earlier, but she showed ALL signs of being ready so i guess each child is different
sparkles
sparkles
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1294
Loyalty Rating : 19620
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Angel Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:39 pm

sparkles wrote:that is a great web site i actually came across it a few weeks ago and printed alot out from it
They also say 6 months here now too, but i started Kyrah earlier, but she showed ALL signs of being ready so i guess each child is different

thats exactly what I think,all babies develope at different rates n some will show sign earlier than others,
Angel
Angel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  mscherry42 Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:43 pm

For those of you whose babies are on table food, how much do they eat at a meal? I know that Jayden is healthy, no questions there, but sometimes I think her servings are just too huge. But I don't know how much is the "average" for a meal. Like tonight, for dinner, she had some steak with rice and gravy. In my opinion, it was enough for about a 2 year old. But, that's just my thinking, with nothing but a picky older daughter to go on.
mscherry42
mscherry42
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Number of posts : 780
Loyalty Rating : 19467
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Helen Thu Oct 16, 2008 4:16 am

I wouldn't worry hun, she'll eat what she needs, if shes full she leave it and if she eats it all thats fine !!!
Helen
Helen
Rocket Fingers!!
Rocket Fingers!!

Back to top Go down

Post  crazymomwife Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:11 pm

That is so interesting about the weaning at a certain age in other countries. I am a firm believer that if you can a year minimum is the best. That is pretty much what is stated her in the states, but not alot of people are able to, be it because of working or whatever. I read a study a few years ago, that proved that kids who were breast feed, from one year to 18 months had higher IQ's. Now this thought is interesting to me. Because a child who is able to nurse that long, ALSO must have a mom who is home and able to do so. I wonder which is the cause of that. The actually nursing or having mom around full time that long??? Just a thought.
I have nursed mine all at least a year and on I went to 18 months. In my opinion, a year is perfect. If you can! Obviously not everyone can for different reasons.
Crystal
crazymomwife
crazymomwife

Number of posts : 25
Loyalty Rating : 17024
Registration date : 2008-10-27

http://www.kcnykreim.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  dolly's momma Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:17 am

Back to the original topic of the post......

Those guidelines talk about crackers and finger foods.....do they have to have teeth before you start giving them those things or do they just gum them to mush? All of the guidelines talk about giving them that stuff, but none mention if you need teeth first or not?
dolly's momma
dolly's momma
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Number of posts : 566
Loyalty Rating : 18434
Registration date : 2008-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Lou Lou Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:02 am

DM - Owen and Lucy are almost the exact same age so I thought I'd share what we are doing with finger foods.
The first time I gave him something I gave him a tiny piece of bread. He promptly reached over and popped it in his mouth. He gummed it up and swallowed it! I was shocked! He seemed like such a natural! So after that I gave him some Gerber puffs. At first I cut them in half but after 2 or 3 days I started giving them to him whole. Then I tried cooked carrots. I cut them into round pieces and then cut that into 4 pieces and he loved it! He does have his two front teeth but they are just half way through and he seems to use his back gums just like we would to eat a piece of food.
He's been eating tiny pieces of fruit cocktail too!
Have you tried her on any finger food? I would suggest giving her something soft and small and just see how she does. I'll bet she's ready!
Let us know how it goes!!!

Lou Lou
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1345
Loyalty Rating : 20310
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  dolly's momma Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:33 pm

Not yet, but I will try some bread tonight. I just didn't know what to do... thanks for the info!
dolly's momma
dolly's momma
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  skyllar Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:01 pm

We also started Kian on finger foods around that age. We were in Germany at that time and I let him gnaw/chew on some nice crusty bread. I also gave him some baby crackers when we were there and then of course apple, pear etc. in the mesh feeder.
Now he has had plenty of finger foods: his favorite is Cheerios. He also loves banana, pear and melon pieces, tofu pieces, steamed carrots, avocado pieces. The problem with avocado, pear, tofu was that it is very slippery so he had a hard time with it. So sometimes I had to help him. He also had some steamed broccoli of my plate, some overcooked pasta etc.
Hope that helps, he eats all this and has only the two top front teeth.
skyllar
skyllar
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1593
Loyalty Rating : 21118

Back to top Go down

Post  Lou Lou Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:20 pm

Owen has trouble with slippery foods too! He will get really frustrated so I try to give a variety of things he CAN pick up easily.
He really enjoys feeding himself!!! It's fun to watch him try new things!

Lou Lou
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  dolly's momma Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:22 pm

The bread didn't go over so well. She popped a piece in her mouth, gummed it for a second or two, spit it back out with a yucky! look on her face and refused in disgust to even try another piece. She did enjoy smooshing them with her fingers and throwing them on the floor.

Suddenly the dog is turning a corner in her relationship with the baby........
dolly's momma
dolly's momma
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Lou Lou Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:54 pm

Our dogs like to hang out under the high chair too!
Just keep trying with the bread and some other things too...... do you have any Gerber puffs?
It's KINDA like cereal.
I'd just start trying little things on your plate and just see what happens.
Keep us posted!

Lou Lou
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  dolly's momma Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:20 am

She really hates the bread. She just gets a total look of disgust on her face when she sees it and smooshes it and throws it on the floor.

I mashed up a banana. She had great fun with that. I was not watching her close, she was in her chair near me while I was cooking, so I don't know exactly how much made it into her mouth......there was a trail of banana all the way up her bib to her mouth. And on her hands, arms, legs, in her hair, etc. What was left I fed her and she ate it right up.

I got some gerber puffs. she puts them in her mouth but then acts like she doesn't like them. She likes to push them around her tray, the dog gets about every other one. If I hold her hands so she can't dig it back out of her mouth she will eat it and act like it isn't half bad...so it must just be getting used to the texture.

I let her put one in my mouth, and she thought that was just about the funniest thing ever. lol
dolly's momma
dolly's momma
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Lou Lou Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:44 am

sounds like you are making progress! Owen likes english peas. I usually squish them a little so they don't roll around and it makes them easier to pick up. That may be a texture she would like better.

Lou Lou
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down