Parent Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 18 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 18 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 185 on Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:41 pm
Just popped in

Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

Comments: 0

Anyone still here?

Tue May 17, 2011 11:39 am by MommaBear

Comments: 7

Latest topics
» Kerala Flats: “An Abode Built In Harmony”
Follow along with me! EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 7:04 am by jesobere

» So who is who?
Follow along with me! EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 4:39 am by Nikki985

» Pregnant!!
Follow along with me! EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 8:03 pm by mscherry42

» Anyone else in the TWW?
Follow along with me! EmptyWed May 22, 2013 7:40 am by Nelli2013

» Just popped in
Follow along with me! EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

» Organic Baby Products - For my Baby!!!!!!!!
Follow along with me! EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 1:49 am by sarahgreen

» On to #3!!
Follow along with me! EmptyThu May 17, 2012 2:53 pm by Angel

» Nexplanon implant
Follow along with me! EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 2:04 pm by lindzee

» TTC'rs ,Charters and Chart Cheerleaders! 2010~
Follow along with me! EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 1:57 pm by lindzee

Gallery

Follow along with me! Empty
Statistics
We have 90 registered users
The newest registered user is galaxy1981

Our users have posted a total of 28198 messages in 1516 subjects
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

Follow along with me!

+2
Gutter
24Penguins
6 posters

Go down

Follow along with me! Empty Follow along with me!

Post  24Penguins Fri Oct 17, 2008 7:16 pm

Hello everyone!!!

i am creating this thread for anyone who would like to follow along with my diet diary, comment, share, criticize, suggest, anything at all!!!

happy posting!!
24Penguins
24Penguins
Parentiseaholic
Parentiseaholic

Number of posts : 2661
Loyalty Rating : 18784
Registration date : 2008-09-11

http://www.myspace.com/24penguins

Back to top Go down

Follow along with me! Empty Re: Follow along with me!

Post  Gutter Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:01 pm

Good luck Nika, I will be keeping a close eye on your diary, very interesting indeed. I was 160 lbs when I was in delivery with Audrey. Now I'm down to about 106 lbs, I know not too good, maybe I should start a Fat Diary so that I can gain some weight. Strange how I lost all of it like that, I really wish I could of kept most of it on, honestly...

Gutter
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1455
Loyalty Rating : 20080
Registration date : 2008-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  24Penguins Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:06 pm

hehe, thanks gutter!!! and i wont say how lucky you are, because as much as i would like to say i weigh 106 pounds even for one day, im sure its just as much of a struggle for you to keep weight on as it is for me to loose it, and i will never make light of peoples struggles!!! (plus, im sure you hear that enough!)

i appreciate you following me along and supporting me though Smile/happy

hehe, start up a fat diary!!! LOL!
24Penguins
24Penguins
Parentiseaholic
Parentiseaholic

Back to top Go down

Post  Gutter Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:10 pm

LOL, you're silly, actually since having Audrey I have not been taking proper care of myself, just don't seem to have the time to eat, honestly. I also had to decide to quit breastfeeding, because I think I wasnt' providing her with enough nutrition, seeing as my eating habits went down the drain halfway thru. Once I get back to work, I'll probably be eating much more, since I absolutely could not live without my snacks then. We'll see if my appetite comes back once I get back to work, but even then, no matter how much I eat, my metabolism works too fast for me to keep any of it on :(

Gutter
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1455
Loyalty Rating : 20080
Registration date : 2008-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  sparkles Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:15 pm

Firstly i would like to say, you should be very proud of yourself, actually starting this is half the battle and you can do it. You are a gorgeous person inside and out already and if losing weight is better for your confidence and health then good on you!!! i will follow you along and help you out if needed, i love nutrition and will try and look up some low fat reciepies for you i have a book!!!! you are doing so well already, if you dont lose weight one week or you slip up dont be too hard on your self, breathe and get back on the wagon, dont beat yourself up about it, we are all human!!!
I was brought up VERy healthy so kinda eat that way stilll ( however i am sooo not perfect and have been worse since having Kyrah-luckyily breastfeeding is stopping me gain weight lol) i have a sweet tooth!!!!!

so good luck and well done xo
your diet so far seems good are you hungry?? cause 700 calories is NOT much at all
i always thought 1500 cal was for losing weight as around 2500 is normal??? i dunno i could b wrong

HUGS goodluck
sparkles
sparkles
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1294
Loyalty Rating : 19572

Back to top Go down

Post  24Penguins Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:22 pm

gutter- hehe! i wish! lol, i think my metabolism went on a permanent vacation when i was 12!!! haha! but to be fair, both my parents had problems keeping weight off, so its probably in my genes as well, not that i will be fat, but that i have to be a lot more aware of what i eat to keep it off!!

sparkels- you are so sweet! your words have really touched me. thank you so much for that, and for being here for me!! and i would LOVE any low fat recipes you happen to dig up Smile/happy also, i am finding that each day i am getting a bit more hungry throughout the day, and if i had more food available to me i would probably have eaten more. i need to start packing better lunches for work, thats half my problem! we are in such a rush in the morning time i always forget lol! but im going to try next week to get in the habbit of fixing a lunch the night before so i can just grab it and run, i have no excuse not to do that as kaydance goes to bed so early!! haha!
24Penguins
24Penguins
Parentiseaholic
Parentiseaholic

Back to top Go down

Post  sparkles Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:06 pm

no worries
and that is one reason i dont eat as healthy is that i dont go to work and pack lunches anymore, i would always cut raw vegies for my lunch etc andnow i just grab a sandwhich ( will put salad on it) but if you pack it you have to eat it, or thats all there is lol
also what type of things do you like?
do you eats stews, pastas, meat and vege, sandwhiches etc so i can look for receipes
sparkles
sparkles
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1294
Loyalty Rating : 19572

Back to top Go down

Post  Myste Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:42 pm

Oh my! 700 calories is NOT enough. That's starvation level!

1200 should be the minimum you eat daily unless you're under direct doctor supervision!
Myste
Myste
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Number of posts : 182
Loyalty Rating : 17238

Back to top Go down

Post  24Penguins Fri Oct 17, 2008 9:58 pm

myste- lol, today was a bad day for food myste, im not going to try and make that a regular thing, believe me. im going to have a snack later tonight too, just to get some more calories in there Smile/happy hehe! my stomach shrunk terriblly after the surgery, so im getting back up to speed, i just get full really easily now.

and sparkles, i love grains lol, cereal, pasta, rice!!! yum! and dairy, haha, like cheese and yogurt and such! plus i am def. a meat eater, but no fish! lol i cant stand any seafood!!! you rock by the way!!
24Penguins
24Penguins
Parentiseaholic
Parentiseaholic

Back to top Go down

Post  BethG Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:27 pm

Good for you Nika! Wow, you're kicking me in the ass so far, lol! Keep it up girl (the pants too!).
BethG
BethG
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1776
Loyalty Rating : 22677
Registration date : 2008-10-08

Back to top Go down

Post  24Penguins Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:34 pm

hahahaha!!! thanks beth! i cant keep my damn jeans up anymore! its awesome and really irritating at the same time LOL!! and DF told me today it looked like i lost weight! he NEVER compliments me unless i fish for them, so that made me feel awesome!!!
24Penguins
24Penguins
Parentiseaholic
Parentiseaholic

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Oct 18, 2008 10:38 pm

Hey Nika, I was reading your diet diary Smile/happy Well done! I just wanted to say, DONT FORGET THE VEGGIES!!! And, even if you have your two sodas a day or whatever, try and drink some extra water also. Sometimes when you think you're hungry, you may actually just be thirsty. So when you get those hunger impulses, try drinking a glass of water first. You might find that all you needed was a drink!!! I have some other info for you but I didnt bring it in here w/me (its from a magazine) so I'll tell you later!

Back to top Go down

Post  24Penguins Sat Oct 18, 2008 10:49 pm

hey Ry, thanks for reading!!!! i know, im notorious for not eating enough veggies, and im working on it!!! hehehe. i even had a veggie as a snack tonight when i got a bit hungry!!! also, i need to go to the food store, we are running low on veggies lol, and payday (aka shopping day) is on tuesday. this will be my first week of planning everything before i shop, wish me luck!!! haha.

also with the water, i was thinking after reading your post, maybe i will incorperate how much water i drink in my diary to move me to drink more, cause i know i dont. i know its bad and i need to work on it, so maybe if i keep track of them and look back and go good lord! it will push me to drink more water throughout the day! lol, does that make sense?

any other info you have would be awesome when you get the chance!!! im open to everything as i suck at this on my own!!! lol. never be afraid to ask for help!!! lol.
24Penguins
24Penguins
Parentiseaholic
Parentiseaholic

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:30 pm

Hey Nika, here's some tidbits for you Smile/happy

This is from my latest Parenting magazine...

Good: Grapes
Better: Raisins
A serving of raisins packs more iron. It also has more of the nutrient that kills cavity-and gingivitis-causing bacteria.

Good: Tomato
Better: Cherry Tomato
A serving of cherry tomatoes has more lycopene than a serving of regular.

Good: Orange Juice
Better: Orange
Oranges have half the calories and just as much vitamin C as the juice.

Good: Potato
Better: Sweet Potato
Sweet potatoes have more fiber for regularity and vitamin A to keep eyes healthy.

I have added a recipe in the recipe thread Smile/happy

Back to top Go down

Post  24Penguins Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:00 pm

thats awesome ry!!! i never knew raisins were better than grape!! hehe, and they are tastier too Smile/happy and i saw you recipe, looks awesome!!!
24Penguins
24Penguins
Parentiseaholic
Parentiseaholic

Back to top Go down

Post  BethG Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:59 pm

hey girly, I noticed you took out the weight tracker ticker. How's it going?
BethG
BethG
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  24Penguins Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:09 pm

lol you caught me!! i havent updated my diary in ages either. im so much more relaxed about it now that my Dr. said i can eat whatever i want to (whyd he have to say that?!?! lol). im still making healthy choices though, but ive stopped counting the calories and fat for now. i mean im still paying attention to them, but not so religously like i was in the beginning. bad me!!! haha. i still think i will be able to loose weight this way too though, becuase even though im not being AS good as in the beginning im still making WAY healthier choices than i used to. snacking on fruits and veggies instead of chips and cakes lol!!!

the main reason i took of the weight ticker was because i wanted to put the TTC #2 on there, and i didnt want a thousand things in my siggy hehe. also, im hoping to loose more weight before i get pregnant (unless i get preggo right off, then i wont complain, i just know its not super likely for that to happen twice, right?) but then when i am pregnant, i will be eating healthy, but obviously not with a big weight loss as my goal anymore.

i will be right back on top of this weight loss after #2 though. its just, as much as i wanted to get to my goal before TTC, that was when DF wasnt ready for a while yet, and now that hes ready, i cant make myself pass that up! lol. i really still cant believe we are doing this, he was so set against TTC before kaydance was at least a year, so im WAY excited hes changed his mind!!!

24Penguins
24Penguins
Parentiseaholic
Parentiseaholic

Back to top Go down

Post  galaxy Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:24 pm

Nika, I will definitely follow along with you. I really need to take drastic action now, I just have no motivation. I comfort eat way too much and even though my main meals are healthy I binge eat in between. I prepared a lovely salmon dinner tonight but ate a whole packet of biscuits before dinner as I was hungry and couldn't wait. I'm desperate to be a normal weight before ttc #2 as my cycles seem a bit screwed up and I know my Dr may not help me if I don't lose weight first. Just don't know where to go from here!
galaxy
galaxy
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Number of posts : 768
Loyalty Rating : 19692
Registration date : 2008-09-13

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/12fd6f

Back to top Go down

Post  galaxy Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:53 pm

Well I was really good today! I had tuna steaks and salad for dinner. I also got some lipobind from the shop which should help me, it is supposed to turn into a gel when it mixes with the fat in the stomach which not only fills you up but prevents fat being absorbed. Started AF today so I think it's a good day to start being healthy. The thing that pushed me to do it was that I heard that my graduation day will be 6 weeks away and I don't want to look fat in my photos.
galaxy
galaxy
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  24Penguins Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:56 pm

emma thats awesome!!! good for you, really doing this on the first day of AF is even more amazing, thats a very hard time to keep a diet!!! thats awesome!!!

your doing much better than me today! lol, i ate mcdonalds for lunch for the first time in about 3 weeks! oye, oh well.

good for you though hun!
24Penguins
24Penguins
Parentiseaholic
Parentiseaholic

Back to top Go down

Post  galaxy Fri Oct 31, 2008 3:43 pm

First time in three weeks, that's not bad if you really like something. I'm worried I won't be able to go without curry for 3 weeks, that's my weak point. Haven't done too badly today, had a big plate of pasta for dinner which I'm not pleased about as I want to avoid big amounts of carbs. I have been looking into fitness classes though today so I am hoping to go to one on Monday as that is the only day hubby is home to have Molly. I have however been doing sit ups and push ups at home and will look tonight on amazon for a fitness dvd.
galaxy
galaxy
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  BethG Sun Nov 09, 2008 12:18 pm

Still keeping at it, 24P? At least kept the 10lbs off? Keep going, you can do it!
BethG
BethG
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  24Penguins Sun Nov 09, 2008 12:27 pm

aww beth your so sweet! hehe, i have reverted back to some of my old ways, but ive also kept a lot of the healthy habits as well. all in all, im not really loosing a ton of weight anymore, but i have kept the 10 pounds off Smile/happy yay! hehe. actually, i havent weighed myself this week (uhoh lol) i should do that tomorrow!!
24Penguins
24Penguins
Parentiseaholic
Parentiseaholic

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum