Parent Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 185 on Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:41 pm
Just popped in

Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

Comments: 0

Anyone still here?

Tue May 17, 2011 11:39 am by MommaBear

Comments: 7

Latest topics
» Kerala Flats: “An Abode Built In Harmony”
Idea to help others through the site EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 7:04 am by jesobere

» So who is who?
Idea to help others through the site EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 4:39 am by Nikki985

» Pregnant!!
Idea to help others through the site EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 8:03 pm by mscherry42

» Anyone else in the TWW?
Idea to help others through the site EmptyWed May 22, 2013 7:40 am by Nelli2013

» Just popped in
Idea to help others through the site EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

» Organic Baby Products - For my Baby!!!!!!!!
Idea to help others through the site EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 1:49 am by sarahgreen

» On to #3!!
Idea to help others through the site EmptyThu May 17, 2012 2:53 pm by Angel

» Nexplanon implant
Idea to help others through the site EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 2:04 pm by lindzee

» TTC'rs ,Charters and Chart Cheerleaders! 2010~
Idea to help others through the site EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 1:57 pm by lindzee

Gallery

Idea to help others through the site Empty
Statistics
We have 90 registered users
The newest registered user is galaxy1981

Our users have posted a total of 28198 messages in 1516 subjects
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

Idea to help others through the site

+3
Angel
24Penguins
Lily*Blossom
7 posters

Go down

Idea to help others through the site Empty Idea to help others through the site

Post  Lily*Blossom Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:38 pm

Ok. Well, someone on this site is doing something really nice for me, and sending me something they don't need, that I can really use. It means a lot to me. Thank you to this wonderful person.

This got me thinking. We all have things that we may no longer need or use, that we may want to give to some one else, because it isn't of any use to us, but could really help another person out there. Some things are of course to big, but there may be things we would be willing to mail to someone who really needs it on the site.

Some examples would be: Formula checks, baby clothes, bottles, books, toys, ect. I was just thinking that when I am in a position where I don't need certain things anymore, I would love to send them to someone on here that really needs it. I know it may seem weird for some to accept second hand things, but I know I don't mind, especially because we don't have much money. I got a lot of new things for my baby shower, and I got a lot of things that were second hand that are perfectly great.

So I would like to pay it forward. There is a website on yahoo called Freecycle where you can give things away, but I just thought it would be so meaningful if we as fellow parent paradise members could help each other. OR let's say you have a friend who wants to give something away, you could be the middle man, and see that someone on this site gets the items.

Anyway, we could have a spot for wishlists, things that we could really use. I am not saying we need to ask for someone's spare playstation or something. But I think asking for some 12 month boys onesies (vests) and having another member fulfill that need by giving some 12 month boys onesies that they don't need anymore, is such a nice idea.

We could have a spot where people can list things that they would like to give away, and where they would be willing to send them.

We may have to have two groups, one for UK, one for U.S, for Australia, and New Zealand. Of course, I know there are some of us who would be willing to send things overseas, so maybe having a combined wish list thread would work too.

I know it's a big idea, and might be complicated. I know we can go down to the local thrift store (charity) shop and find things, but as I've said, it would be so meaningful to receive it from a fellow member.

Let me know what you all think.

Grouphug
Lily*Blossom
Lily*Blossom

Number of posts : 1880
Loyalty Rating : 20904
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Back to top Go down

Idea to help others through the site Empty Re: Idea to help others through the site

Post  24Penguins Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:43 pm

i think its a wonderful idea tiff. i hope some of the other ladies agree!!!
24Penguins
24Penguins
Parentiseaholic
Parentiseaholic

Number of posts : 2661
Loyalty Rating : 18817
Registration date : 2008-09-11

http://www.myspace.com/24penguins

Back to top Go down

Idea to help others through the site Empty Re: Idea to help others through the site

Post  Angel Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:00 pm

what a LOVELY IDEA Tiff!I actually think I have some $5 formula checks....I have to check the expiry date but if they're good then I will gladly devide them amongst those who can use them,hey,if its only a stamp.

You dont need to be of any club/religion/race to give and share,I know I sound cheesy but I soo believe in spreading love/happiness when you can...it always comes back in some way,even if its a smile or a thank you,no one looses out! Smile/happy
Angel
Angel
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2197
Loyalty Rating : 21346
Registration date : 2008-09-09

https://parentise.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Lou Lou Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:05 pm

great idea! I would love to see this happen!

Lou Lou
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1345
Loyalty Rating : 20295
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Helen Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:08 am

Fab idea hun !!!!
Helen
Helen
Rocket Fingers!!
Rocket Fingers!!

Number of posts : 1789
Loyalty Rating : 17692
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post  skyllar Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:33 pm

I think that is a great idea! Would love to participate.
skyllar
skyllar
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1593
Loyalty Rating : 21103
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Leeaman Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:45 pm

What an awesome idea Tiff, I love it. It always makes me feel good inside to help someone else out...
Leeaman
Leeaman

Number of posts : 409
Loyalty Rating : 17457
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down