Parent Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 185 on Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:41 pm
Just popped in

Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

Comments: 0

Anyone still here?

Tue May 17, 2011 11:39 am by MommaBear

Comments: 7

Latest topics
» Kerala Flats: “An Abode Built In Harmony”
Anyone making their own Christmas cards this year? EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 7:04 am by jesobere

» So who is who?
Anyone making their own Christmas cards this year? EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 4:39 am by Nikki985

» Pregnant!!
Anyone making their own Christmas cards this year? EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 8:03 pm by mscherry42

» Anyone else in the TWW?
Anyone making their own Christmas cards this year? EmptyWed May 22, 2013 7:40 am by Nelli2013

» Just popped in
Anyone making their own Christmas cards this year? EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

» Organic Baby Products - For my Baby!!!!!!!!
Anyone making their own Christmas cards this year? EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 1:49 am by sarahgreen

» On to #3!!
Anyone making their own Christmas cards this year? EmptyThu May 17, 2012 2:53 pm by Angel

» Nexplanon implant
Anyone making their own Christmas cards this year? EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 2:04 pm by lindzee

» TTC'rs ,Charters and Chart Cheerleaders! 2010~
Anyone making their own Christmas cards this year? EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 1:57 pm by lindzee

Gallery

Anyone making their own Christmas cards this year? Empty
Statistics
We have 90 registered users
The newest registered user is galaxy1981

Our users have posted a total of 28198 messages in 1516 subjects
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

Anyone making their own Christmas cards this year?

+7
kellybean
Angel
White Lily
mscherry42
sparkles
Helen
Georgi
11 posters

Go down

Anyone making their own Christmas cards this year? Empty Anyone making their own Christmas cards this year?

Post  Georgi Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:56 am

I always say it every year "I am going to make some this, year!" but then before I know it I have ran out of time, I managed to make some pretty tags last year but they took me ages so I hate to imagine how long it would take me if I chose to make some cards.

Anyone else 'thinking' of being more creative this Christmas??
Georgi
Georgi
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2544
Loyalty Rating : 21420
Registration date : 2008-09-09

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/Cleo

Back to top Go down

Anyone making their own Christmas cards this year? Empty Re: Anyone making their own Christmas cards this year?

Post  Helen Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:59 am

I have already made a few hehe, I love making cards and was feeling festive a few weeks ago so made some lol !!
Helen
Helen
Rocket Fingers!!
Rocket Fingers!!

Number of posts : 1789
Loyalty Rating : 17713
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Anyone making their own Christmas cards this year? Empty Re: Anyone making their own Christmas cards this year?

Post  sparkles Fri Nov 07, 2008 5:41 am

I also love making my own, but i have had no time for scrapbooking etc
so i will prob just get some store bought ones or make photo cards of Kyrah at the store to send out!! I am also making online photo books for our parents as xmas pressies they look fantastic, i just have to finish them and send them away
sparkles
sparkles
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1294
Loyalty Rating : 19626
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgi Fri Nov 07, 2008 5:52 am

Funny you should mention photobooks as pressies, we are creating calendars of Theo for both sets of Grand Parents, I thought that would be a nice personal touch and something useful! Smile/happy
Georgi
Georgi
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sparkles Fri Nov 07, 2008 6:57 am

georgi- your aviator pic is gorgeous!!! very pretty
sparkles
sparkles
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  mscherry42 Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:19 am

I think we're going to use(once we take them) our family photos as Christmas cards this year. I already experimented with Kodak and sent one of Jayden to her grandmas. They loved it. But, it wasn't how I want them, or her to look. But, I hadn't thought about actually "making" any Christmas cards. But that's because I never send any out.
mscherry42
mscherry42
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Number of posts : 780
Loyalty Rating : 19473
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down

Post  White Lily Fri Nov 07, 2008 7:42 am

I really wish I was creative! I am just no good at that sort of thing! I think the photo cards you can have done are wicked though!!!!!
White Lily
White Lily
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1272
Loyalty Rating : 18399

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/0mel0

Back to top Go down

Post  Helen Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:01 am

Thats a fab idea Georgi !!!!!!

Grandparents always love those sort of presents !!!
Helen
Helen
Rocket Fingers!!
Rocket Fingers!!

Number of posts : 1789
Loyalty Rating : 17713

Back to top Go down

Post  Angel Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:30 am

Georgi wrote:Funny you should mention photobooks as pressies, we are creating calendars of Theo for both sets of Grand Parents, I thought that would be a nice personal touch and something useful! Smile/happy

Could you tell me how you did this?I would love to tdo this as well for the parentals!
Angel
Angel
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2197
Loyalty Rating : 21367

https://parentise.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  White Lily Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:41 am

I don't know about in the US but last year I did some photo gifts as presents. It was so easy! I did it on Kodaks website but I think other companies do it too. All I had to do was upload the pics to their website and choose what gifts I wanted with which photo. There's some really cool things on there like mugs and mousemats and all sorts of things you can put a pic on. They do calanders too!
White Lily
White Lily
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1272
Loyalty Rating : 18399

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/0mel0

Back to top Go down

Post  Angel Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:43 am

Oh yeah!Of course! Smile/happy
Angel
Angel
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2197
Loyalty Rating : 21367

https://parentise.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  kellybean Fri Nov 07, 2008 8:51 am

You can make the calendars through Walgreens too.

I also do homemade Christmas Cards. Usually photo cards spruced up.
kellybean
kellybean
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Number of posts : 173
Loyalty Rating : 17077
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily*Blossom Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:35 am

The calendars are a great idea. I will have to do this!!!

Also this is a great website to use.

www.shutterfly.com

Last year my friend used it, and she didn't even have ti sign the cards, it was already there Smile/happy All she did was stuff and address the envelopes.
Lily*Blossom
Lily*Blossom

Number of posts : 1880
Loyalty Rating : 20925
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  dolly's momma Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:52 am

I made a ton of Christmas cards last year. Number I sent out? 0! I made them before I found out I was pregnant, and then I was so sick I barely crawled to the store to get presents for the kids. lol.

My close friend spent the summer in Greece for a college grad student exchange thing. She had a group she was there with, and a ton of pictures. For Christmas presents for her friends this year she made books to give them about their adventure at snapfish online. She showed them the other day, they were gorgeous. They werre actual printed and bound books, and the paper was nice and heavy and just gorgeous. She made a dozen I think, and said they were only $9 each. She said it was very easy, you upload a place the pictures in page designs already set up, and then type what you want to say in the boxes.
dolly's momma
dolly's momma
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Number of posts : 566
Loyalty Rating : 18440
Registration date : 2008-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Lou Lou Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:19 pm

I would love to do the books you are talking about. What program would I use?

I am doing photo cards w/ Owen on them but I would love to give some meaningful gifts like the calendar, etc too!

I had thought about doing Christmas ornaments with his hand print on them for the grandparents. I LOVE ornaments and collect them like crazy. Sorry - I guess that is a little off topic!

Lou Lou
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1345
Loyalty Rating : 20316

Back to top Go down

Post  dolly's momma Fri Nov 07, 2008 4:36 pm

snapfish link

Here is the link, you upload the photos and create the whole thing online.

Those sound like cool Christmas present ideas. Not off topic!
dolly's momma
dolly's momma
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Number of posts : 566
Loyalty Rating : 18440
Registration date : 2008-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Lou Lou Fri Nov 07, 2008 5:11 pm

Thanks - I'm going to play with the photo book idea.

I just called a local painted pottery place and the large ornaments cost $13 but I'll bet I could do them myself for less. I think I'll go there this weekend and see what the ornaments look like. It may be worth the money if they look really good!

Lou Lou
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1345
Loyalty Rating : 20316

Back to top Go down

Post  sparkles Fri Nov 07, 2008 5:47 pm

geat idea Lou lou, we use to do this with the kids at work, we would just use plaster or paper mache or salt dough!!
I am doing my photo books through shutterfly, the same website as tiff put up its fantastic i have to get them finished next week so i can get them back before xmas as it takes 2 weeks delievery as its an american site and im in Aus!! I have seen one done as my friend got one fro her son for his first birthday and they are great quality

also you can do stubby coolers with photos for dad etc through the snap fish one i did that for fathers day and mugs witha collage of photos!!
sparkles
sparkles
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  skyllar Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:14 am

I usually make my own X-mas cards. If not self-made, I buy them and then write a newsy letter on the computer on fancy paper and print it with a photo and put it in every card so people know what we have been up to all year. I usually send about 40 cards, half of them written in German, half of them in English.

What I like to do and what I did as Thank You Cards after my baby shower, I make my own cards. I did teabag folding (you can do fantastic ornaments) and then I glued them to a card stock card and used rubber stamps to print thank you (or merci, or Danke) on them. They looked fantastic.
skyllar
skyllar
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1593
Loyalty Rating : 21124

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgi Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:19 am

My Mum does teabag folding and her cards are amazing, maybe I should try and do some myself as I have someone at hand that can show me exactly what to do!! Smile/happy
Georgi
Georgi
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  skyllar Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:45 am

Yeah, Georgi, those are really fun to make. I made a bunch when I was pregnant. There are a couple of websites out there that really explain well different medallions and also have teabag tiles ready to print in millions of cool colors and styles. If you want I could send you the web addresses....
skyllar
skyllar
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1593
Loyalty Rating : 21124

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgi Sun Nov 09, 2008 1:46 pm

Yes please that would be fantastic because I know my Mum would also love that!! Sound's great Smile/happy
Georgi
Georgi
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down