Parent Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 185 on Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:41 pm
Just popped in

Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

Comments: 0

Anyone still here?

Tue May 17, 2011 11:39 am by MommaBear

Comments: 7

Latest topics
» Kerala Flats: “An Abode Built In Harmony”
I'm so depressed EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 7:04 am by jesobere

» So who is who?
I'm so depressed EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 4:39 am by Nikki985

» Pregnant!!
I'm so depressed EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 8:03 pm by mscherry42

» Anyone else in the TWW?
I'm so depressed EmptyWed May 22, 2013 7:40 am by Nelli2013

» Just popped in
I'm so depressed EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

» Organic Baby Products - For my Baby!!!!!!!!
I'm so depressed EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 1:49 am by sarahgreen

» On to #3!!
I'm so depressed EmptyThu May 17, 2012 2:53 pm by Angel

» Nexplanon implant
I'm so depressed EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 2:04 pm by lindzee

» TTC'rs ,Charters and Chart Cheerleaders! 2010~
I'm so depressed EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 1:57 pm by lindzee

Gallery

I'm so depressed Empty
Statistics
We have 90 registered users
The newest registered user is galaxy1981

Our users have posted a total of 28198 messages in 1516 subjects
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

I'm so depressed

4 posters

Go down

I'm so depressed Empty I'm so depressed

Post  Lily*Blossom Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:30 pm

So my clothes are falling off now.... I am wearing a size 10 jeans again U.S. (U.K 14), and I was feeling skinnier. Well today I weighed myself at a friends house (I don't have a scale) and I freaking weighed 172 pounds exactly. That is so ridiculous. One of the reasons I don't have a scale is so that I don't obsess about numbers.... but I really thought that I would have weighed much less.

I did just eat lunch before I went over.... just to be fair, and I didn't weigh myself first thing in the morning naked.... so I very well could weigh about 169... but even then for my height and stuff the higher end of my weight range is 159, so I need to lose about 10-12 pounds to be in my range. I am just so sad though. Why the heck are my clothes getting looser and looser each month, but I am not losing pounds??

I HATE DIETS. I do not deprive myself of anything, I just make sure I eat small portions, and I allow myself one day a week to have a packet of sweets. I started power walking this week before I even knew what I weighed, and I am going to continue it... but DANG. 172? That's ridiculous for me.

I was 214 when I delivered LM!!! Crazy huh?

:cry:
Lily*Blossom
Lily*Blossom

Number of posts : 1880
Loyalty Rating : 20871
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Back to top Go down

I'm so depressed Empty Re: I'm so depressed

Post  Myste Wed Jan 14, 2009 8:38 pm

Keep in mind that the numbers don't mean much - it's how you feel that matters! If you're feeling good and your clothes fit (or in your case are too big!) then that's better than being tired all the time, clothes not fitting and having a lower scale number.

Also remember that muscle weighs more than fat! I never hit size 10 until I was down to 145, but I'm very out of shape and fat even before I got pregnant! So you're doing good to be in a size 10 or smaller despite whatever that silly scale says!
Myste
Myste
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Number of posts : 182
Loyalty Rating : 17238
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  skyllar Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:51 pm

Tiff - I am so sorry you feel depressed about your weight; like Myste said, if your clothes feel lose, and you feel good, you shouldn't worry about the numbers on the scale. Also, you are an athlete and muscle mass is heavier than fat, for instance. So those weight/height charts don't really work for athletic people.

Tiff -- looks like you lost almost 40 pounds since you had LM, that's amazing!!! Smile/happy Congrats!!!

But even with my words of encouragement, I know how you feel. I still have to loose some baby weight :cry: and I also don't believe in diets. I am currently trying to work out more and eat smaller portions, but I will also cut nothing really out - even treats. Smile/happy I hope to lease 10-15 pounds (I lost 2 so far since I started, which was a 1 1/2 weeks ago). Why don't you come and join us in the Weight Watchers group - it's not Weight Watchers at all, just a bunch of ladies trying to lose a few pounds through exercise, diet or whatever. HUGS
skyllar
skyllar
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1593
Loyalty Rating : 21070
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily*Blossom Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:55 pm

Thanks for responding Myste Smile/happy I am 5 ft 7 and 1/4 inch, and very large busted, although I don't have very big bones. I don't know exactly what I weighed before getting pregnant, my weight always fluctuated between 143 and 150 pounds. I would mostly gain weight in the winter and lose in the summer. I do have muscle because I am a swimmer, but I do not work out hard core anymore. I just feel sad that I am not as light as I expected to be.

Sky thank you also for responding, I appreciate it. I will come over and join you in the weight watchers thread, although I don't have a scale so I don't really know how I will track my weight. I do however have a pair of jeans that I wore before I got pregnant, and I remember clearly how they used to fit. I can almost button them up, I am so close, they are a size 8.

I don't expect to weight as little as I did before I got pregnant, I was at the lower end of my weight range for my height and build.... but I do so want to be in the low to mid 150's again.
Lily*Blossom
Lily*Blossom

Number of posts : 1880
Loyalty Rating : 20871

Back to top Go down

Post  Ginny Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:03 pm

awe tiff Cry im really sorry! i know that is a major bummer when u weigh more than expected Cry HUGS but i very much agree that its muscle!!! my sister is a personal trainer and i ask her for pointers or let u in on our secrets ;P lemme know!

xxxxx
Ginny
Ginny
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1076
Loyalty Rating : 20104

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content