Parent Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 185 on Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:41 pm
Just popped in

Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

Comments: 0

Anyone still here?

Tue May 17, 2011 11:39 am by MommaBear

Comments: 7

Latest topics
» Kerala Flats: “An Abode Built In Harmony”
Ok, would love .... EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 7:04 am by jesobere

» So who is who?
Ok, would love .... EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 4:39 am by Nikki985

» Pregnant!!
Ok, would love .... EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 8:03 pm by mscherry42

» Anyone else in the TWW?
Ok, would love .... EmptyWed May 22, 2013 7:40 am by Nelli2013

» Just popped in
Ok, would love .... EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

» Organic Baby Products - For my Baby!!!!!!!!
Ok, would love .... EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 1:49 am by sarahgreen

» On to #3!!
Ok, would love .... EmptyThu May 17, 2012 2:53 pm by Angel

» Nexplanon implant
Ok, would love .... EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 2:04 pm by lindzee

» TTC'rs ,Charters and Chart Cheerleaders! 2010~
Ok, would love .... EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 1:57 pm by lindzee

Gallery

Ok, would love .... Empty
Statistics
We have 90 registered users
The newest registered user is galaxy1981

Our users have posted a total of 28198 messages in 1516 subjects
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

Ok, would love ....

5 posters

Go down

Ok, would love .... Empty Ok, would love ....

Post  Helen Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:05 pm

some inside info on c-sections for those that have had one, I am petrified of ending up with one as last time I was seconds close to haveing an emergancy c-section with Ryan, they were going to knock me out!!
What are they like, fellings, how bad is an epidural as this along with the op is what bothers me most, aftercare, what do you need to do ??? Is it painful to breastfeed, how quick do you heal ???

Sorry for all the questions but need it to settle my mind xx
Helen
Helen
Rocket Fingers!!
Rocket Fingers!!

Number of posts : 1789
Loyalty Rating : 17653
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Ok, would love .... Empty dont worry

Post  Giggles Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:06 pm

Dear Helen,

C-section is fine don't worry I had one with Jake, it was a eme c-section but I had a feeling towards the end that I would end up with one. BF was ok to, milk came in quickly but after 8 weeks I stopped as I was getting stressed and so was Jake.
As for pain it was really only the first few days. I am still a little numb now but otherwise all is normal. When I have my next baby I will be opt for a c-section.
maybe the only down side is that you can't get out of bed stright away and you will have a cathater put in for about 18 hours.
x x
Giggles
Giggles

Number of posts : 14
Loyalty Rating : 17115

Back to top Go down

Ok, would love .... Empty Re: Ok, would love ....

Post  Georgi Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:18 am

Don't know how I missed this post Helen.

Anyway I had an emergency c-section with Theo, I had a spinal block which I didn't feel go in at all now this may have been cos I was having extremely painful contractions and as you know nothing quite compares to a contraction so anything else painwise just doesn't feel painful.

They used this little cold spray every few seconds to check where I was numb and where I wasn't, as soon as I confirmed I couldn't feel the spray anymore they got to work....I didn't feel anything other than them pulling and tugging, it is a strange sensation but not painful at all.

It took them about 10 minutes to cut me open and deliver Theo, then about 20-30 minutes to sew me back up, my scar is tiny and easily hidden under my knickers.

I was numb from the waist down for hours and hours but like Giggles has said you have a cathater so don't have to worry about getting up and peeing.

Recovery wise, I was up that evening and taking a shower on my own.......the pain killers worked wonders lol

No problems breast feeding and my milk came in on day 3 as I was advised lol it didn't hurt to breastfeed, although the afterpains were a bit painful but then you get them if you give birth naturally so......

It took about 6 weeks for the scar not to feel sensitive to touch, and the funny pouch that I was left with (swollen skin) to settle down.

I would opt for a c-section again if I was advised it would be best for baby and me.
Georgi
Georgi
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2544
Loyalty Rating : 21360
Registration date : 2008-09-09

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/Cleo

Back to top Go down

Post  Helen Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:40 pm

Aww thanks ladies!! I feel better about it as you both said you would opt for one again, I just didn't like the idea of it being like major surgery.
I will probally have more questions nearer the time!!!
Helen
Helen
Rocket Fingers!!
Rocket Fingers!!

Back to top Go down

Post  dolly's momma Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:44 am

I put my story with the emergency c-section under that topic. It is not something to fear. The reason you have the doctors is for their medical knowledge, and if they feel it gets to the point where it is neccessary for the baby's health then it was just meant to be. It doesn't make your experience anything more or less, just different. You still get to take that sweet baby home in the end!

I did not think the epidural was bad going in at all, I was honestly expecting it to hurt alot more than it did. I think he over medicated me though (I am very sensitive to pain meds) cause after about an hour I was totally numb, and it was probably about 5 hours before my c-section (probably 4 before they decided I was getting the c-section). In the operating room I absolutely did not feel a single thing they were doing, not even pressure. nothing.

That was at 9 p.m. I really didn't have alot of pain, they kept trying to get me to take the pain pills way more often than I did, I just didn't need them so much. They had me up walking around by the next afternoon. They kept me on pitocin a whole day afterwards, so I had to drag the iv and catheter bag around with me for a day or two afterwards. Once I got home I was pretty good, I would get a little worn out late in the afternoons. It really only hurt when I pushed myself too much, and ibuprofen really took care of it. I had a little problem where some of my staples came out, so I had to go to my drs office every 3 days for a month or so to have it redressed, but it all healed fine, and I too have a very small scar.
dolly's momma
dolly's momma
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Number of posts : 566
Loyalty Rating : 18380
Registration date : 2008-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post  galaxy Sat Nov 01, 2008 4:37 pm

I wouldn't recommend it honey, I vomited about 10 times throughout the procedure, I lost 1.5 litres of blood during my c-section and bled heavily for 12 weeks after. I really regret having made the decision to have one and even though Molly was big, I think if the pregnancy had have been different and it wasn't all such a mad rush to decide, I would have tried to have her naturally. Also, if you have a c-section, you can't opt to have an elective one the next time unless there is a medical indication. Although a vbac is a risk, it is still less risky than a repeat c-section. Sorry to give you a negative story, but I would hate you to be in a situation like me and feel really depressed about having had one. I really am mad at myself for making that decision as I am so pro natural birth. I will be looking into hypno birthing next time around.
galaxy
galaxy
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Number of posts : 768
Loyalty Rating : 19686

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/12fd6f

Back to top Go down

Post  Helen Mon Nov 03, 2008 5:49 am

It wouldn't be a planned one, its just if I ended up having one, I'm a bit better about the idea now, but it still scares me !!
Helen
Helen
Rocket Fingers!!
Rocket Fingers!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down