Parent Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 12 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 12 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 185 on Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:41 pm
Just popped in

Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

Comments: 0

Anyone still here?

Tue May 17, 2011 11:39 am by MommaBear

Comments: 7

Latest topics
» Kerala Flats: “An Abode Built In Harmony”
VBAC anyone?? EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 7:04 am by jesobere

» So who is who?
VBAC anyone?? EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 4:39 am by Nikki985

» Pregnant!!
VBAC anyone?? EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 8:03 pm by mscherry42

» Anyone else in the TWW?
VBAC anyone?? EmptyWed May 22, 2013 7:40 am by Nelli2013

» Just popped in
VBAC anyone?? EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

» Organic Baby Products - For my Baby!!!!!!!!
VBAC anyone?? EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 1:49 am by sarahgreen

» On to #3!!
VBAC anyone?? EmptyThu May 17, 2012 2:53 pm by Angel

» Nexplanon implant
VBAC anyone?? EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 2:04 pm by lindzee

» TTC'rs ,Charters and Chart Cheerleaders! 2010~
VBAC anyone?? EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 1:57 pm by lindzee

Gallery

VBAC anyone?? Empty
Statistics
We have 90 registered users
The newest registered user is galaxy1981

Our users have posted a total of 28198 messages in 1516 subjects
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

VBAC anyone??

+4
BethG
galaxy
Georgi
ANMSMITH
8 posters

Go down

VBAC anyone?? Empty VBAC anyone??

Post  ANMSMITH Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:28 am

So this has been something on my mind lately and I can't seem to get it off....

I never planned on having a C-Section until it happened as I am sure lots of women don't, has anyone given any thought to birth next time around? Will you have a scheduled C-section or attempt a VBAC? I like the thought of trying to give birth vaginally and I think I would handle it better knowing a Csection is a BIG possibility. I just want to know what others think of the situation. ( I do not plan on trying again untill Noah is around a year old or older but it is still there)

Are they pretty common or do most Drs try and avoid these? I will ask my OBGYN at my 6Week check up but thats still 2weeks away.

Thanks ladies xxxx
ANMSMITH
ANMSMITH
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Number of posts : 224
Loyalty Rating : 17501
Registration date : 2008-09-12

Back to top Go down

VBAC anyone?? Empty Re: VBAC anyone??

Post  Georgi Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:59 pm

This has been on my mind since the day Theo was born, I am worried about the possible complications that could occur from giving birth naturally after having had a CS but at the same time the thought of having a scheduled CS, as mad as it sound's makes me feel quite sad, I loved my waters breaking, the contractions (even the VERY painful ones!) I loved the excitement of labour & I know that will all be taken away from me, so for that reason and to be honest that reason only I want to see if I can go for a VBAC.

Anyways I am not entirely sure what choices I have as some hospitals won't even consider a VBAC where as others are more open minded. I did ask my health visitor months ago and at the time she just told me to stop worrying about it which made me feel slightly silly so I never asked again but at the end of the day it's a valid and important question to ask!
Georgi
Georgi
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2544
Loyalty Rating : 21396
Registration date : 2008-09-09

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/Cleo

Back to top Go down

Post  galaxy Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:15 pm

Georgi and ANMSMITH, I feel very strongly about having a VBAC next time and feel I was slightly mislead into having mine. I think you will find that you will not automatically be offered another c-section unless there is a clinical need for it. Although there are risks involved with VBACs they are very low, I think about 1 in 200 have problems where the scar ruptures. This risk is much lower than the risks involved with a planned c-section so it is still the safest option. There is apparently more chance that a seemingly "low risk" mother will have a placental prolapse which kind of demonstrates how safe it actually is. I actually met with a modern matron for maternity and a consultant to talk about my experiences and they said that although I will be advised to have a VBAC on a main hospital maternity unit, I am still within my rights to request a midwife led birth on a birthing unit, waterbirth, home birth whatever based on the fact that it is an informed decision and that I am aware of the risks. So really it is up to you, providing there is no clinical indication that you need a c-section.
galaxy
galaxy
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Number of posts : 768
Loyalty Rating : 19722
Registration date : 2008-09-13

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/12fd6f

Back to top Go down

Post  BethG Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:22 pm

My brother's wife had a C-section with my oldest nephew. She was in labor for about 24hrs, but he had an extremely large head and wasn't moving. But she delivered their second (also a boy) without a repeat C-section. Probably a lot like how Georgi and Ashley felt, she felt robbed of the birth experience, particularly since she was in labor so long with the 1st baby but couldn't deliver.
BethG
BethG
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1776
Loyalty Rating : 22707
Registration date : 2008-10-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Gutter Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:26 pm

Great post Galaxy....I was going to say that I think you can still have a VBAC, but it depends on why you had the c-section, ie..baby won't fit thru... If you didn't have any real 'big' reasons as to why you had a c-section and can have a VBAC, I think there is a certain time period before it is safe to do so. Anyways hope you ladies can experience a VBAC the second time around!!

Gutter
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1455
Loyalty Rating : 20110
Registration date : 2008-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  galaxy Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:38 pm

Yeah you're right Gutter. Although there is no hard and fast rule, they do like you to wait a good year after having a c-section before getting pregnant again if planning a VBAC.
galaxy
galaxy
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  BethG Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:41 pm

Ahhh, after gutter's and galaxy's posts I will say that my nephews are 3 years apart in age!
BethG
BethG
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1776
Loyalty Rating : 22707
Registration date : 2008-10-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Angel Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:21 pm

Argh,I have so much to say about this.I cant put it all in one post.One thing I CAN suggest is,you watch ricki lakes "the business of being born" It will show you why there are so many C sections performed (more and more) in the western world,why the number of 'natural' or vaginal birhs decline and our totally brain washed and controlled view of childbirth and how it has been changed by others over the last centuary (and beyond) I am not trying to preachor sound like a hippy.I would say though,ANYONE who is pregnant,or planing to have a baby needs to watch it,just to be informed of some truths that they may themselves encounter.I see it all the time when I read peoples birth stories and it saddens me that 'no one knows' and women so blindly accpet what happens and are often saddened by the result...

http://static.quicksilverscreen.com/zg2/gateway.html?s=http%3A//quicksilverscreen.com/watch%3Fvideo%3D45525

or

http://www.tv-links.eu/movies/The-Business-of-Being-Born_2087/
Angel
Angel
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2197
Loyalty Rating : 21343

https://parentise.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgi Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:23 pm

Something I do want and will pay for if needs be, is a late scan to make 100% sure the baby is the right way for a natural delivery. I had a gut instint for weeks that it wasn't his bum I kept patting as it felt so hard Ashamed but I trusted the opinion of my midwife she told me every couple of weeks how far his head was engaged and as we know, it was actually his bum that was engaged. What if the same happens again but I'm not so lucky to have a pointless consultant appointment which turned out to be everything but pointless & told that my baby is breech! eek!! I couldn't bare pushing a baby out bum first!! shock

EDIT: I must add that I know the likelyhood of baby#2 being breech is slim but it happened once already! Wink
Georgi
Georgi
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2544
Loyalty Rating : 21396

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/Cleo

Back to top Go down

Post  ANMSMITH Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:30 pm

Hmmm I was trying to rent the movie as I heard alot of talk about it but our local movie store didn't have it....

I am really hoping for a VBAC next time I also loved the whole experience of the contractions etc I mean I made it all the way to 10CM and attempted pushing my baby out but my pubic bones just wouldn't allow so I really need to ask what exactly this means will it happen again or is this something that can't change???? I think I was just too in shock to completely understand what was going on. Plus the baby's heart kept dipping.
ANMSMITH
ANMSMITH
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Number of posts : 224
Loyalty Rating : 17501
Registration date : 2008-09-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Lou Lou Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:53 pm

Well, I was totally unprepared for a C-section and was most upset that I was not awake when Owen was born.
However, I've been told that my pelvis is mis-shaped and I will not be able to deliver any other way. On top of that, my doctor's office does not preform VBACs. I try not to dwell on it because at the end of the day I just want my babies to be born safely!

Lou Lou
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1345
Loyalty Rating : 20292
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Gutter Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:00 pm

ANMSMITH wrote:Hmmm I was trying to rent the movie as I heard alot of talk about it but our local movie store didn't have it....

I am really hoping for a VBAC next time I also loved the whole experience of the contractions etc I mean I made it all the way to 10CM and attempted pushing my baby out but my pubic bones just wouldn't allow so I really need to ask what exactly this means will it happen again or is this something that can't change???? I think I was just too in shock to completely understand what was going on. Plus the baby's heart kept dipping.

Ash maybe next time you need to talk to your doctor about delivering earlier, even if you may need a mild induction or something. That's the way I'm going because 2nd babies tend to be bigger and I was only 3 days late and delivered a 9 lbs 9.5 oz baby girl. I think by 37 weeks we'll be looking into when the best time to induce will be by checking the cervix. I think he wants to avoid a c-section as much as possible.

Gutter
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1455
Loyalty Rating : 20110
Registration date : 2008-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  galaxy Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:02 am

Holi, I can't play the link but I like the post hun. This is something that really gets me on my soap box so I'll probably say no more apart from the fact that I will be planning a VBAC next time unless absolutely necessary x
galaxy
galaxy
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily*Blossom Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:29 pm

LM was breech for the longest time, and my doctor actually had a c-section scheduled for me. We discussed all my fears and worries, and I asked if I would be able to have a VBAC next delivery. He told me that he keeps statistics of all of his patients, and the chances of anything rupturing if you wait a year after having a c-section to get pregnant is very very slim. He said that he has never had a rupture during a Vbac.

I didn't end up having the c-section because she turned over at the last minute.... but I definitely would try for a vbac with the next baby if I had ended up with the c-section.
Lily*Blossom
Lily*Blossom

Number of posts : 1880
Loyalty Rating : 20901
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down