Parent Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 185 on Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:41 pm
Just popped in

Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

Comments: 0

Anyone still here?

Tue May 17, 2011 11:39 am by MommaBear

Comments: 7

Latest topics
» Kerala Flats: “An Abode Built In Harmony”
Nuk bottle user?  Help!  Mentally incompetent needs you..... EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 7:04 am by jesobere

» So who is who?
Nuk bottle user?  Help!  Mentally incompetent needs you..... EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 4:39 am by Nikki985

» Pregnant!!
Nuk bottle user?  Help!  Mentally incompetent needs you..... EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 8:03 pm by mscherry42

» Anyone else in the TWW?
Nuk bottle user?  Help!  Mentally incompetent needs you..... EmptyWed May 22, 2013 7:40 am by Nelli2013

» Just popped in
Nuk bottle user?  Help!  Mentally incompetent needs you..... EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

» Organic Baby Products - For my Baby!!!!!!!!
Nuk bottle user?  Help!  Mentally incompetent needs you..... EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 1:49 am by sarahgreen

» On to #3!!
Nuk bottle user?  Help!  Mentally incompetent needs you..... EmptyThu May 17, 2012 2:53 pm by Angel

» Nexplanon implant
Nuk bottle user?  Help!  Mentally incompetent needs you..... EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 2:04 pm by lindzee

» TTC'rs ,Charters and Chart Cheerleaders! 2010~
Nuk bottle user?  Help!  Mentally incompetent needs you..... EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 1:57 pm by lindzee

Gallery

Nuk bottle user?  Help!  Mentally incompetent needs you..... Empty
Statistics
We have 90 registered users
The newest registered user is galaxy1981

Our users have posted a total of 28198 messages in 1516 subjects
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

Nuk bottle user? Help! Mentally incompetent needs you.....

4 posters

Go down

Nuk bottle user?  Help!  Mentally incompetent needs you..... Empty Nuk bottle user? Help! Mentally incompetent needs you.....

Post  dolly's momma Tue May 05, 2009 7:21 pm

Ok, I mat be a total idiot but I am stuck here. I recently bought a Nuk bottle (had a good coupon) and decided to use it to freeze water in the nipple for teething baby (that works great whoever suggested it), I have been using the two avent bottles that came with my sterilizer.

Anyways......I washed it out and tried to reassemble the bottle. The base of the nipple keeps preventing it from threading properly. What am I doing wrong? I have tried and tried and tried, and I feel so stupid but it just not cooperating with me. It came assembled so I know it does work....

Cry Ashamed Cry
dolly's momma
dolly's momma
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Number of posts : 566
Loyalty Rating : 18440
Registration date : 2008-09-27

Back to top Go down

Nuk bottle user?  Help!  Mentally incompetent needs you..... Empty Re: Nuk bottle user? Help! Mentally incompetent needs you.....

Post  Angel Tue May 05, 2009 8:04 pm

whats the nipple doing? is it not poppig into the screw on part,or is the screw on part not going onto the bottle?
Angel
Angel
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2197
Loyalty Rating : 21367
Registration date : 2008-09-09

https://parentise.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Nuk bottle user?  Help!  Mentally incompetent needs you..... Empty Re: Nuk bottle user? Help! Mentally incompetent needs you.....

Post  Lou Lou Tue May 05, 2009 10:17 pm

I don't know anything about that type of bottle but I just had to post because the name of your thread made me laugh out loud! I think that describes me most days!!!!! lol lol lol Smile/happy Smile/happy Smile/happy

Lou Lou
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1345
Loyalty Rating : 20316
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  dolly's momma Wed May 06, 2009 12:20 am

The base of the nipple is blocking the threads so they can't screw onto the bottle. It has like weird wavey edges. I have it pulled thru the ring as far as it can go but it still gets in the way.

I try to laugh at myself when I do dumb things like this. I guess I should turn it over to mr engineer and let him figure it out then scoff at me... lol
dolly's momma
dolly's momma
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Angel Wed May 06, 2009 8:42 am

hmm,how strange.I have never been a nuk fan.Sorry I can't help.Maybe just use your avent ones? LOL
Angel
Angel
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2197
Loyalty Rating : 21367
Registration date : 2008-09-09

https://parentise.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily*Blossom Wed May 06, 2009 10:04 pm

Those bottles are touchy. Pull too hard... and you pull it completely through the ring. Don't pull it in all the way... and you can't screw it on. Keep playing with it.

I personally don't like the NUK bottles. We tried LM on them when she was first born, and the nipples flow way too slowly. A level 3 Advent flows way better than the level 3 NUKS if that makes sense.

But since you had a coupon, I understand why you bought it. Good luck hun!
Lily*Blossom
Lily*Blossom

Number of posts : 1880
Loyalty Rating : 20925

Back to top Go down

Post  dolly's momma Thu May 07, 2009 2:47 am

Ok, now I truly do feel stupid. I was playing with it again and decided to try one of the Avent nipples just to see if it would work. Imagine my surprise when I pulled one out and IT WAS IDENTICAL TO THE ONE I HAD BEEN TRYING! That's right, the Nuk one was still in the freezer with frozen water in it. I got it out and tried it and amazingly it fit just right.

I am so glad I decided one more attempt before I involve the husband....it saves alot of face for me rofl.

Duh

-- for Lucy's formula we use the Mam bottles with the #2 nipple. I thought they were the most complicated bottles, but they work wonders for reducing gas and colic.
dolly's momma
dolly's momma
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily*Blossom Thu May 07, 2009 9:39 am

I just gave you a positive reputation point for making my laugh my butt off!

DM you are so cute.
Lily*Blossom
Lily*Blossom

Number of posts : 1880
Loyalty Rating : 20925

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum