Parent Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 9 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 9 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 185 on Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:41 pm
Just popped in

Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

Comments: 0

Anyone still here?

Tue May 17, 2011 11:39 am by MommaBear

Comments: 7

Latest topics
» Kerala Flats: “An Abode Built In Harmony”
potty training HELP!!!!! EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 7:04 am by jesobere

» So who is who?
potty training HELP!!!!! EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 4:39 am by Nikki985

» Pregnant!!
potty training HELP!!!!! EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 8:03 pm by mscherry42

» Anyone else in the TWW?
potty training HELP!!!!! EmptyWed May 22, 2013 7:40 am by Nelli2013

» Just popped in
potty training HELP!!!!! EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

» Organic Baby Products - For my Baby!!!!!!!!
potty training HELP!!!!! EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 1:49 am by sarahgreen

» On to #3!!
potty training HELP!!!!! EmptyThu May 17, 2012 2:53 pm by Angel

» Nexplanon implant
potty training HELP!!!!! EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 2:04 pm by lindzee

» TTC'rs ,Charters and Chart Cheerleaders! 2010~
potty training HELP!!!!! EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 1:57 pm by lindzee

Gallery

potty training HELP!!!!! Empty
Statistics
We have 90 registered users
The newest registered user is galaxy1981

Our users have posted a total of 28198 messages in 1516 subjects
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

potty training HELP!!!!!

2 posters

Go down

potty training HELP!!!!! Empty potty training HELP!!!!!

Post  sharon_c Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:01 pm

my daughter is 2 in november and i thought it was time to start potty training her but, she wont sit on the potty nor will she sit on the toilet, she refuses to wee or poo in either of them never mind sit on them, i need help people, i dont no what to do, ive tried showing her how to do it lol, i no sounds silly but ive been taking her toilet with me so she can see how to do it and no that its not a scary monster, also she has been constipated for nearly 2 weeks now, ive tried pure orange juice, pineapple juice, prunes, even cranberry juice (yes i no thats for your waters) but im coming to the end of my teather with it, shes in a lot of pain and discomfort when she is trying to poo, ive put vaseline around her bottom hole so that she can ease out easier, TMI sorry but i need help, the doctors and nurses just keep telling me to give her juice n pure fruit etc but its not working anyone got any ideas... would be so gratefull thanks girls Smile/happy
sharon_c
sharon_c

Number of posts : 14
Loyalty Rating : 16154
Registration date : 2009-08-31

Back to top Go down

potty training HELP!!!!! Empty Re: potty training HELP!!!!!

Post  Angel Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:04 pm

Hi hun,I want to ask you a couple of things.Can you give me an example of you rdaughters daily diet for a week? It doesnt have to be exact just use things that she does eat regularly and the brand name if you can for example;

Breakfast ; cereal (cherrios)
Lunch (sandiwch (if you know the brand of the bread/butter that would be great) yogurt (yoplait strawberry)
dinner (lasagne) home made...
Snacks (crisps salt n vinegar,walkers)

You get the picture,if it's not too much trouble,I will tell you why I promise and I think I might be able to help you find out why she's constipated.I'll tell yo all about it promise.

About the potty training;2 is still quite young,I know girls usually do it earlier than boys,but my son was 3 when I potty trained him,I hear it's more about when THEY are ready not about when we are ready for them to be.You can't rush it or force it,it will make it worse.I do think that showing her is a good idea,or just having her around,maybe let her flush the toilet and make it a game,BUT if she doesnt want to I wouldnt force her.You will know when she is ready,some signs are' she tells you when she's doing a pee/poo,she will start taking her own clothes off and showing an interest in the toilet.BUT I think her being constiapted really wont help any of that!She probably associates going with pain and so as far as learning a new place to do it,no way,she'd rather stay with what she knows I bet.Anyway,if you can let me know what she eats,I think I might be able to help ,I think once that situation is better,she'll be more willing to give new things a try in the toilet department.

Good luck!
Angel
Angel
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2197
Loyalty Rating : 21322
Registration date : 2008-09-09

https://parentise.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

potty training HELP!!!!! Empty potty training help!!!!!

Post  sharon_c Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:10 pm

her food changes all the time, but i guess the food she tends to eat the most is

birds eye chicken shapes

hienz ravioli

home made spagetti bolognaise

bernard matthews turkey

birds eye vegetable fingers

home made chips

biscuits variety of makes

wotsits (i think the make is walkers) i could be wrong tho

robinsons juice

toast

cheese (although this has only been recent)

cereal (varys in make)

she also has milk and porridge before bed time and milk in the morning

these are the things she tends to eat the most as she preferes these more than anything hope this helps Smile/happy as for the potty trining i think im gonna keep that on hold at least untll she is no longer constipated, shes shown little signs such as taking her own nappy off, she plays with the chain (although i tell her not to) lol she preferes to run about with no trousers on but i thought that was just kids lol, also she does tell me when she poos but i figured that could be because shes constipated and it hurts thanks xx
sharon_c
sharon_c

Number of posts : 14
Loyalty Rating : 16154
Registration date : 2009-08-31

Back to top Go down

potty training HELP!!!!! Empty Re: potty training HELP!!!!!

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down