Parent Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 7 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 7 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 185 on Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:41 pm
Just popped in

Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

Comments: 0

Anyone still here?

Tue May 17, 2011 11:39 am by MommaBear

Comments: 7

Latest topics
» Kerala Flats: “An Abode Built In Harmony”
Pinching Hitting and Biting!!!!! EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 7:04 am by jesobere

» So who is who?
Pinching Hitting and Biting!!!!! EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 4:39 am by Nikki985

» Pregnant!!
Pinching Hitting and Biting!!!!! EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 8:03 pm by mscherry42

» Anyone else in the TWW?
Pinching Hitting and Biting!!!!! EmptyWed May 22, 2013 7:40 am by Nelli2013

» Just popped in
Pinching Hitting and Biting!!!!! EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

» Organic Baby Products - For my Baby!!!!!!!!
Pinching Hitting and Biting!!!!! EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 1:49 am by sarahgreen

» On to #3!!
Pinching Hitting and Biting!!!!! EmptyThu May 17, 2012 2:53 pm by Angel

» Nexplanon implant
Pinching Hitting and Biting!!!!! EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 2:04 pm by lindzee

» TTC'rs ,Charters and Chart Cheerleaders! 2010~
Pinching Hitting and Biting!!!!! EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 1:57 pm by lindzee

Gallery

Pinching Hitting and Biting!!!!! Empty
Statistics
We have 90 registered users
The newest registered user is galaxy1981

Our users have posted a total of 28198 messages in 1516 subjects
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

Pinching Hitting and Biting!!!!!

5 posters

Go down

Pinching Hitting and Biting!!!!! Empty Pinching Hitting and Biting!!!!!

Post  Lily*Blossom Sat Oct 31, 2009 2:51 pm

LM suddenly has decided to pinch, hit, and bite me. We do not spank her, and she is not around other kids that would show her this. It seems to be instinctual. She knows that it hurts, but when she gets mad she pinches and tries to bite me on the arm or leg. As for the hitting, she only does it when I am not paying attention to her.

I pinched her back, not hard, but enough to show her it hurt, and she cried I felt so bad. It didn't seem to work as far as teaching her not to do it.

Any tips? Is it a phase? I do time out with her, but she is still so little, that time out means nothing to her.
Lily*Blossom
Lily*Blossom

Number of posts : 1880
Loyalty Rating : 20880
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Back to top Go down

Pinching Hitting and Biting!!!!! Empty Re: Pinching Hitting and Biting!!!!!

Post  Ginny Sat Oct 31, 2009 3:21 pm

Hey tiff! I'm writing from my phone so I'm sorry if there's typos!! I wangted to say that thane also went thru this phase of pinching and biting. And yes I think its a phase. I would just tell him no that is not nice. And he knew he wasn't supposed to do it!! He also is not around other kids and stuff. I do spank him about 50 times a day! Jk. But I think its a phase! She"l be fine! Wink its weird how they know this stuff when they r not exposed to it!!
Ginny
Ginny
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1076
Loyalty Rating : 20113

Back to top Go down

Post  dolly's momma Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:27 pm

I have a feeling it is just an instinctual thing. They are upset and haven't learned it's not ok to use those things yet. Lucy has bit me when she was mad, and hit, and kicked, and pinched. I asked my mom about her temper when we were visiting last week. She laughed and said ''you all went thru that.'' I have 6 brothers and sisters so I guess she would be the expert.

I just keep telling her ''no, no, be a nice baby.'' Sometimes if she doesn't calm down I will hold her hands or feet until she does (with the hitting or kicking).

When a kindergartner bites it is because they are over-stimulated and they revert. We had to deal with that with my son.
dolly's momma
dolly's momma
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Number of posts : 566
Loyalty Rating : 18395
Registration date : 2008-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily*Blossom Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:48 pm

Thanx hunnies! I am glad I am not alone. I was wondering if I was doing something wrong! But I guess it's just how they show their frustration since they can't talk very well!

I have started saying "Ow!" and making a sad face when LM pinches or bites me. Today after she pinched me, I said ow! Then she pinched herself and said ow.

Her new word is "OW!!"

Smile/happy
Lily*Blossom
Lily*Blossom

Back to top Go down

Post  Lou Lou Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:51 pm

yes, yes, yes!
We are going through the same thing.

I have tried EVERYTHING to stop it - from a stern voice, to spanking, time out and biting back.

Owen likes to kick me when I change his diaper.

I have been trying to grab his arms/legs and say no no. Then, I will hold him until he calms down.

It's so frustrating but please know you are not alone!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OH - the other day I raised my voice to him and he yelled back! ooooh! it made me so mad!!!!!

Lou Lou
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1345
Loyalty Rating : 20271

Back to top Go down

Post  dolly's momma Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:58 pm

Lou Lou wrote:OH - the other day I raised my voice to him and he yelled back! ooooh! it made me so mad!!!!!

Lucy hears me yelling at the older kids and she will start echoing me in jibberish like she is lecturing them right along side me.
dolly's momma
dolly's momma
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Number of posts : 566
Loyalty Rating : 18395
Registration date : 2008-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Angel Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:22 am

Hahaah!Tiff,you're not alone,.Tia-li is quite spiteful and takes delight in it.Chuck and I have to try not to laugh as we know it's not a good thing,but she'll get her milk cup and whip it at Chuck's head.It hurts pretty bad and she does this evil laugh which then makes me laugh,well,I turn around so she can't see me but it doesnt matter,she thinks it's hilarious.She also loves to kick me (right where the sun don't shine when I am changing her,she'll be all calm then straighten her leg all of a sudden like 'wham' it hurts! LOL She also comes running over to me giggling then sinks her teeth into my leg,I just say 'no,don't do that baby,thats not nice' I am not worried about it because I recall Teo went through the same thing.I think without knowing a contrast to loving actions such as spite,meanness and hurt,they can't trully understand love and being kind,it's up to us to show them.I think if it got really bad I would say 'OW,no!" and then put her in her room for a few minutes,isolation for a child this young is the worst thinig for them and it's drastic enough that they'll start tounderstand the concept of 'time out' at this age so if you are opposed to spanking,which I'm not but I do rarely to Tia-li,partly because she's so good and partly because I did it too much with Teo and now it has little to no affect a lot of the time.But when I do occasionaly lightly slap her leg or butt she is pretty devestated (as am I of course because no good caring operson likes to inflict pain) but I think well spaced out and well deserved spanks don't hurt.But like I said,maybe try the time out,just make sure she see's that she's hurt you ,say 'OW" and make a sad face so she see's it then time out in her room for a couple of minutes.Thats what I would do,but I think most of not all babies do it at some point. Smile/happy
Angel
Angel
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2197
Loyalty Rating : 21322
Registration date : 2008-09-09

https://parentise.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Angel Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:23 am

dolly's momma wrote:
Lou Lou wrote:OH - the other day I raised my voice to him and he yelled back! ooooh! it made me so mad!!!!!

Lucy hears me yelling at the older kids and she will start echoing me in jibberish like she is lecturing them right along side me.

Ti-li does this too,she actually give speeches in gibberish.She likes to stand on something (wonder where she knew about the soapbox thing!LOL) and then yell to all and sundry for an undetermined duration.It's hilarous,she acts like she knows axactly what she's saying,albeit in gibberish! LOL
Angel
Angel
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2197
Loyalty Rating : 21322
Registration date : 2008-09-09

https://parentise.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily*Blossom Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:57 am

Angel, LM also kicks me where the sun don't shine during diaper changes, she thinks it's hilarious. Oh, and you know those danish cookies that come in the round metal tin? She was playing with one of those and I was on the computer and she came up behind me and full on clocked me in the side of the temple on my head. SO MUCH PAIN. She laughed and laughed when I said. "OW!!!"

After that her new word was, "Ow!"

She pretends to run into something, or will lightly pinch her hand and say. "Ow!" for attention.

Tongue
Lily*Blossom
Lily*Blossom

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down