Parent Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 9 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 9 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 185 on Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:41 pm
Just popped in

Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

Comments: 0

Anyone still here?

Tue May 17, 2011 11:39 am by MommaBear

Comments: 7

Latest topics
» Kerala Flats: “An Abode Built In Harmony”
Transitioning from 1 Child to 2 EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 7:04 am by jesobere

» So who is who?
Transitioning from 1 Child to 2 EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 4:39 am by Nikki985

» Pregnant!!
Transitioning from 1 Child to 2 EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 8:03 pm by mscherry42

» Anyone else in the TWW?
Transitioning from 1 Child to 2 EmptyWed May 22, 2013 7:40 am by Nelli2013

» Just popped in
Transitioning from 1 Child to 2 EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

» Organic Baby Products - For my Baby!!!!!!!!
Transitioning from 1 Child to 2 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 1:49 am by sarahgreen

» On to #3!!
Transitioning from 1 Child to 2 EmptyThu May 17, 2012 2:53 pm by Angel

» Nexplanon implant
Transitioning from 1 Child to 2 EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 2:04 pm by lindzee

» TTC'rs ,Charters and Chart Cheerleaders! 2010~
Transitioning from 1 Child to 2 EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 1:57 pm by lindzee

Gallery

Transitioning from 1 Child to 2 Empty
Statistics
We have 90 registered users
The newest registered user is galaxy1981

Our users have posted a total of 28198 messages in 1516 subjects
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

Transitioning from 1 Child to 2

5 posters

Go down

Transitioning from 1 Child to 2 Empty Transitioning from 1 Child to 2

Post  Lily*Blossom Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:41 pm

I am really nervous about this. Having a toddler and a newborn. How do you manage it? I just really need some reassurance.
Lily*Blossom
Lily*Blossom

Number of posts : 1880
Loyalty Rating : 20880
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Back to top Go down

Transitioning from 1 Child to 2 Empty Re: Transitioning from 1 Child to 2

Post  galaxy Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:23 pm

I can't help at the moment Tiff, but I know the feeling. There will be the same age gap between Molly and her sibling as there will be between LM and hers. I guess it's just a case of adapting to a new way of life as you do when the first one comes along. Since I popped out receently, Molly has become more clingy and I just think it's because she can sense me being more protective of my body/bump/baby but doesn't quite understand why. She has seen baby on a scan and we have bought things for baby and shown her that it's for baby but it's so difficult to explain at her age. We plan to get her involved in every way possible (except for the breast feeding of course) and buy her a little present from the baby for when she meets him for the first time. We have been told to make sure that when she comes to the hospital, the baby is in the crib and not being held by Mummy and to cuddle her first. We also plan to tell visitors to say hello to her first and fuss over her before holding the baby. I'm so scared of her feeling left out and feel quite sad about 'our' time coming to and end and of her being our special little baby Cry Will let you know how things go in due course. How are you feeling today by the way?
galaxy
galaxy
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Number of posts : 768
Loyalty Rating : 19701
Registration date : 2008-09-13

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/12fd6f

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgi Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:42 am

That's the important thing INVOLVE the other child as much as you! It's a lot to deal with all of a sudden this little person comes into their life and takes all the attention away from them.

Some of our good friends have bought Theo pressies as well as Klara which is rather nice and when they come over I try to use that time to play with Theo whilst they are cooing over Klara.

It's not been all breezy though Theo has had a fair few tantrums especially when I am breastfeeding, I have been trying my best to entertain Theo like reading a story whilst I am feeding but this doesn't always work and I am pretty much rooted to the spot..it's early days and I am sure it will get better.

I sometimes look at Theo and feel sad that he now has to share Mummy and Daddy but at the same time we have given him a sibling who oneday he will be thankful for and hopefully play along nicely with!!!
Georgi
Georgi
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2544
Loyalty Rating : 21375
Registration date : 2008-09-09

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/Cleo

Back to top Go down

Post  MommaBear Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:44 pm

I have been thinking and worried about that too. Isaac cannot even come into the hospital to see me or the baby (he is too young). But my mom will be here and I am really hoping that she can be a sense of stability for him.
MommaBear
MommaBear
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Number of posts : 304
Loyalty Rating : 17998
Registration date : 2008-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Mum of jj Thu Feb 04, 2010 11:00 pm

I am not going to lie its bloody hard!!! i took jesse to all my midwife appts so he could hear the heartbeat etc. he helped me get kierans room sorted. at the end of the pregnancy i got a new born doll which looked like a baby, even had the boy/girl parts!!! anyway when i came home with kiers i was on my own more or less right away with both kids as daryn had to go to work, so thru the day jesse had his baby and i had mine, when i changed kieran on the floor he would change his baby, etc, he also had a wee basket that i kept nappies, powder, wipes, a change of clothes and when kieran needed changing he would get that and help me bathe him etc, so yea just involve them as much as possible, when baby starts cooing and smiling thats when i found jess actually liked kieran! lol, jesse could make kieran laugh just like that. i dont think you can really prepare yourself for 2 children but its like having your first you just adjust automatically, its just a bit more demanding. it comes natrually and like georgi said, you are not taking anything from the first child like time, you are giving them a life long friend, everything will be the same except with an extra person. if that makes sense? You will do great and you will look back and think...."why was i ever worried about it?" lol
xxx
Mum of jj
Mum of jj

Number of posts : 622
Loyalty Rating : 17613
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: