Parent Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 7 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 7 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 185 on Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:41 pm
Just popped in

Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

Comments: 0

Anyone still here?

Tue May 17, 2011 11:39 am by MommaBear

Comments: 7

Latest topics
» Kerala Flats: “An Abode Built In Harmony”
It hurts SO MUCH!!!!! EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 7:04 am by jesobere

» So who is who?
It hurts SO MUCH!!!!! EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 4:39 am by Nikki985

» Pregnant!!
It hurts SO MUCH!!!!! EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 8:03 pm by mscherry42

» Anyone else in the TWW?
It hurts SO MUCH!!!!! EmptyWed May 22, 2013 7:40 am by Nelli2013

» Just popped in
It hurts SO MUCH!!!!! EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

» Organic Baby Products - For my Baby!!!!!!!!
It hurts SO MUCH!!!!! EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 1:49 am by sarahgreen

» On to #3!!
It hurts SO MUCH!!!!! EmptyThu May 17, 2012 2:53 pm by Angel

» Nexplanon implant
It hurts SO MUCH!!!!! EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 2:04 pm by lindzee

» TTC'rs ,Charters and Chart Cheerleaders! 2010~
It hurts SO MUCH!!!!! EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 1:57 pm by lindzee

Gallery

It hurts SO MUCH!!!!! Empty
Statistics
We have 90 registered users
The newest registered user is galaxy1981

Our users have posted a total of 28198 messages in 1516 subjects
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

It hurts SO MUCH!!!!!

+6
galaxy
Myste
Ginny
skyllar
Angel
Georgi
10 posters

Go down

It hurts SO MUCH!!!!! Empty It hurts SO MUCH!!!!!

Post  Georgi Mon Feb 22, 2010 11:47 am

This breastfeeding lark is killing me, Klara latches on perfectly fine so no problems there it's the letdown reflex that kills and I mean kills, I am now starting to dread when Klara wants to feed Cry it makes me terribly sad but I just don't know how much longer I can continue. It also hurts (a lot) when Klara is due a feed my breasts feel like they are being stung by hundreds of wasps I decided after chatting with my health visitor that maybe I could take some of the pressure off if I just supplemented one feed around teatime (6pm) for formula and she agreed that this would be fine as long as I am prepared for my body NOT to produce milk at this time each day I was alright with that BUT Klara won't take the bottle and I am close to tears.....I just want a little break!

I don't know what I am asking for really I just feel upset at the moment.
Georgi
Georgi
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2544
Loyalty Rating : 21396
Registration date : 2008-09-09

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/Cleo

Back to top Go down

It hurts SO MUCH!!!!! Empty Re: It hurts SO MUCH!!!!!

Post  Angel Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:07 pm

I'm sorry hun.I remember feeling this way with Tia-li,at first it was kind of nice that she ONLY wanted me and I was smug that no one else quite did the job that mummy could.But after a while and then pain like you described and the fedding her for hours and then thinking I was done and she MJUST be full only to put her down and for her to start screaming and searching for nipple again.I do know and I also know that you are not alone.The let down reflex really hurt me too along with the worse contractions from the shrinking uterus.I do understand but please know that what you are going through is not unusual and WILL get better,the pain,the frequency of the feedings.It's not going to be like that all the time.Your health care provider IS right when she says that if you drop a feed your body wil drop it too and right now,you need all the milk you can to keep up with demand.If youcan just get pover this hurdle babe,it will be WAY better I promise.It takes a couple of months,but bit by bit that bee sting sensation eases up,the 'shrinking uterus contraction fade and last less time as does the let down pain.I am so sorry you are going rhrough this with no relief.Tia-li would not take a bottle either,or if she didn she STILL wanted me to feed her.I planned on BFing orringally for only 6 months,but because she wouldnt take a bottle or forumula I really had no choie until she started to take other liquids in a cup.I know this might not make you feel better.but wait.once the pain goes...and it WILL>Breast feeing becomes really nice. Also when she is not CONSTANTLY on you,you'll begin to want her to feed and snuggle in the still of the night when no one else is around and you are givint what is most precious to your baby and you feel this intense bond and love.It wil happen hunny.I just know that the first 6 weeks to 2 months hurt and are annoying as hell as you have NO you time.But just hang in there.You are doing SUCH a great job!

Love you xxx
Angel
Angel
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2197
Loyalty Rating : 21343

https://parentise.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  skyllar Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:36 pm

I am soooo sorry, hun. I totally understand what you are going through and it can be so frustrating and painful. BFing was also very difficult and painful for me in the beginning and Kian really had a hard time latching in the beginning. So the constant pumping and him not latching properly and the boobs being sore all REALLY hurt (and of course the constant feedings). But, like Angel said, it got better after a little bit of time. The let-down reflex in the beginning really hurt me, too, but it got better. Maybe it's a good thing that Karla does not take a bottle because it will lower your milk supply. It WILL get better, hun and you are sooo not alone. We had so many difficulties nursing in the beginning that I cried a lot and wanted to quit, but I stuck it out and Kian is still nursing (and now it hurts A LOT again because of the pregnancy hormones and the low milk supply, lol), but he still doesn't want to stop, lol.

Great job mommy - you are doing fantastic. Please know we are all here for you.
skyllar
skyllar
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1593
Loyalty Rating : 21100
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Ginny Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:15 pm

Oh Georgi I am so sorry you are having a hard time!!!! Bless your heart
Cry It is VERY time consuming, at times painful, and really challenging
to breastfeed your newborn and I do know how you feel. Sometimes the
pain was almost unbearable, but like Klara, Thane also didn't take a
bottle..at least not much. But, I know many of you will think I am
insane, but guess who is 25 months old and STILL nursing...yes, Thane.
BUT its not much at all and is mostly just at naps. So, it really does
get better!! AND no, Georgi, you won't have to nurse her til she's over
2 years old as I am choosing to do, everyone has there own threshold as
to how much they can take and when enough is enough!

It sounds like Klara just LOVES to nurse and who can blame her Smile/happy There
is nothing you are doing wrong if you decide to wean slowly now, or
introduce formula or whatever you choose to do to keep yourself sane! I
have been there with my booby monster and I really do understand what
you are going thru down to the not wanting a bottle, NOTHING BUT MOMMY
WILL DO!!! Man, do I know too much how you feel L But, it will be ok
Georgi. I wish I could hug you and be there for you right now. None of
this lasts forever. It is a short time in your life really. I know it
hurts, my nipples would burn and hurt so bad I didn't know if I could do
it, but I kept going and it wound up working out. I am not going to
tell you to keep going if you choose to start weaning. You have to do
what is right for you and her. I do feel for you cuz its so hard when
you have a booby baby. There is so much you worry about when they won't
take a bottle, but if you are going crazy too with the constant feedings
that isn't good either.

She may be going thru a growth spurt, or she may just want to nurse
every hour because she is hungry or because she loves it! Does she take
a paci? That may help a little bit too. I would bathe myself in
Lansinoh cream and that does help a lot, but as for the let down
hurting...that seems strange to me. I mean its weird feeling for sure
and at times would be a little painful but not how you describe...are
you making tons of milk or something? Maybe have a clogged duct? I'm
sorry, I hope I am not hindering instead of helping.

I just wanted you to know I am here for you if you EVER need anything
and I love you! If you have any nursing questions or wonder what Thane
did at this age, etc, PLEASE do not hesitate to text me, email me, call
me! WHATEVER YOU WANT TO DO!!!! I am here for you. I am sorry I've been
out of touch with everyone. I do care about you and how you feel and I
want to help you. Please get in touch with me if you need me. I am here
for you!!!! XXXXXX
Ginny
Ginny
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1076
Loyalty Rating : 20134
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Myste Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:33 pm

Georgi hon, I know what you're feeling - I went through something similar and Wes also refused a bottle - just now at 8 months he will finally accept one.

Have you talked to your health visitor or LC about thrush? It's possible that you have it even without Klara showing symptoms.That would be my first guess. I also highly recommend the La Leche League forums - tons of good info there.
Myste
Myste
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Number of posts : 182
Loyalty Rating : 17268
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  galaxy Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:47 pm

Georgi, I know about the bottle frustration. It was virtually impossible for us to get Molly to take it, in fact we went through so many bottles, we spent a fortune. The one that worked in the end for us was the haberman feeder also known as the special needs feeder by medela. If you are familiar with the baby whisperer then you will know what I mean. They are designed for babies with cleft lip etc but are amazing for reducing gas intake and for babies who breast feed. They are a little expensive but we found it so worth it. The bottle that comes with the teat is small and when she needed more milk we bought some asda narrow neck bottles and they fit together perfectly. I believe mothercare stock them online. With regards to the letdown reflex, I'm not sure what to suggest :s I understand the pain when you get full up though, it does hurt. Has the health visitor suggested anything? Like warm flannels maybe?
galaxy
galaxy
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Number of posts : 768
Loyalty Rating : 19722

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/12fd6f

Back to top Go down

Post  Lou Lou Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:43 pm

Georgi - I felt the same way at times.

As far as the stinging sensation with let down - that SHOULD improve soon and the pain associated with a missed feeding will lesson too. I know that I finally got to a point when I thought I wasn't producing milk anymore because I didn't have that rock hard, my breast are about to expolode off my body type of feeling!!! In regards to the let down..... how often are you nursing? If I recall correctly, the let down process was more painful the longer Owen went between feeds. So, if he fed every two hours it was less significant than say, going three hours between feeds. Just a thought.....

Will she not take a bottle from just you or will she refuse if your DH tries to feed her? Have you tried breastmilk in the bottle or just formula? Maybe try the breast for a few minutes and then offer the bottle for a day or two and see if that will turn things around...... If she is really hungry she may be too frustrated to deal with a new experience! Owen never had problems switching back and forth so I don't have any great advice.

I'm sorry you are stressing! I remember very clearly around 4-6 weeks just wanting to throw in the towel!!!!!

Lou Lou
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1345
Loyalty Rating : 20292

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgi Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:09 am

I have attempted to respond to you all a couple of times now but our computer keeps switching itself off Duh thank you 'ALL' for your replies.

I must say that just in the last few days thing's have improved, it still hurts but I guess because Klara isn't feeding so much things have improved for me as in I am not so stressed about it and am getting more time to do thing's.

Unfortunately Ginny Klara won't take a dummy she did when she was first born but she's quickly caught on to the fact it doesn't matter how much she sucks it there ain't no milk coming out LOL!!

Myste - I never considered that it could be thrush causing me discomfort I always thought thrush was something you got down there nothing to do with breastfeeding, I will mention it to my health visitor whom is due around next week.

Lou Lou - Rich hasn't tried feeding Klara with a bottle as yet maybe this is worth a shot as I guess she can smell me when I am 'trying' to feed her from a bottle and it's adding to the confusion. I am going to start pumping again from Monday morning and we will attempt to introduce a bottle again once a day (but with breastmilk) and I will take on board your advice and feed her from the breast first.

Emma - that's interesting about the bottles, I hope Klara takes to the Tommie Tippee bottles we have BUT I guess it's worth trying that particular one you've mentioned if in a few weeks she is STILL not taking the bottle, I am determined not to give up too quickly.

Holi and Ginny thanks for your in-depth replies Kiss your support as is everyone elses is really needed at the moment and I appreciate it.

Nicki - I can't imagine how difficult that is still breastfeeding whilst pregnant...you deserve a medal!! Smile/happy

Klara used to feed for 20/25 minutes at a time and now she mostly feeds for 10 minutes even through the night when she is now going up to 3.5 hours in-between feeds she will still only feed for 10 minutes or less....do you think this is ok??
Georgi
Georgi
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ginny Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:14 am

Hey georgi! Its hard to post from phone, but its ok that klara is reducing the time she nurses cuz the older she gets the better she gets at nursing and good news to you...it doesn't take near as long!!!!! Smile/happy Smile/happy you are doing great and I am happy u r feeling better!!! Xxxxxxxxx
Ginny
Ginny
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgi Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:29 am

Thanks Ginny Smile/happy that's great to know that it's normal. I am proud of myself for sticking to it and I know that even there will be more stressy days ahead but if we can get to 3 months I will be thrilled if it's really a whole lot easier by then I might just stick at it for another 3!! lol
Georgi
Georgi
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ginny Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:06 am

So glad to hear it Georgi!! I hope things continue to improve! It will
get easier as time goes on! I mean, now, I don't even wake up at Thane's
3 am thirst quench Wink He can lift my shirt, even pull the boo to the
side if I'm on my stomach and swipe up under me to get it Wink HAHA!

I am happy to see you are in better spirits and that you are looking
ahead in a positive way! All this is very temporary, as it is happening
it is scary and worrisome, but it doesn't last long Smile/happy Thane never took
a paci either! It looks like him and Klara could be great buddies Tongue LOL

Dylan is also a booby baby, but he takes a bottle also from brian. But
he has started getting more efficient also and has even started to sleep
thru the night (or at least waking up much less!) and his nursing
sessions aren't near as long! Of course, he is also 10.5 lbs now!! :O
HAHA!! Big, sweet boy Smile/happy But around 1 month to 5 weeks, a lot of babies
are really starting to get the hang of nursing and get REALLY good! Smile/happy
Makes your job a little easier cuz it doesn't last near as long..sure
there will still be the days where she may nurse for 30 min or whatever,
but the bigger they get the easier it gets. You are doing WONDERFUL,
Georgi! And I am so proud of you!!!! You are doing great Wink Hang in
there! XOXOXOXOX

Oh nicki, btw wow u r still nursing kian too!!!! I hope u r getting the support u need nursing a toddler cuz I sure don't Wink great job!
Ginny
Ginny
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  galaxy Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:37 pm

Ginny is so right, the further down the line you get, the easier it gets. Especially once they start taking a good amount of solids. I was back at work full time at 6 months and Molly would go the whole day while I was on a 14 hour shift with solids and water and then take a really big feed when I got home. We ended up co-sleeping most of the time at this stage as I really needed to sleep and if she did want to feed in the night she would literally roll over and latch herself on as Ginny said Thane does. There was no point in me expressing too much at work as she would never take it from a bottle at that stage so it was just for comfort reasons I would take ten minutes out here and there. She soon got used to it and then fell into a pattern of two big feeds a day. I think once I got to the 6 week mark, things just got so much easier. You are doing so well and should be so proud of yourself! Hope things get better soon x
galaxy
galaxy
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgi Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:24 am

Well you all keep mentioning the 6 week milestone which is rather exciting as I'm almost there! It's funny cos literally as soon as I posted yesterday Klára woke up and fed allday no joke she didn't nap once all afternoon but finally at 10pm she fell asleep and didn't wake again until 4am :-) unfortunately I didn't benefit from this long sleep as I spent most of the night either shivering or sweating :-( I have a really sore throat and a fuzzy head. She only fed for 10 minutes at 4 and then amazingly slept for another 3 hours 
Georgi
Georgi
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgi Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:30 am

Its so hard responding from a mobile device. I wanted to say because Klára fed for literally 9 hours non stop will my body have increased the supply for today I'm feeling a little anxious she may want to fed like that again today!
Georgi
Georgi
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  galaxy Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:49 am

I think one month is usual for another growth spurt and then again at 6 weeks, then 2 months then monthly after that if I remember rightly. Hope you feel better soon georgi, it's horrid being ill when you are getting such little sleep anyway. Got my fingers crossed for the 6 week mark, glad other people have said the same thing.
galaxy
galaxy
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Ginny Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:58 am

Yes georgi posting from ur phone sux!! Hope ur buttons are bigger than mine on the blackberry Tongue

I just wanted to tell u that just one day of her nursing all the time like that shouldn't increase ur supply if she doesn't do it again today or the next. Even for me if thane nurses like he friggin did last nite like a newborn my supply won't go up unless he does the same thing for several days. This last time he was sick I nursed on demand again and my supply has built back up - dammit! But that was after about 4 days of on demand nursing. I mean even now a big spply really isn't bad no where near like the beginning!!!! I just have a heavy boob Smile/happy no pain tho!!! Thank goodness.

But anyway just wanted to telll u one day of non stop nursing shouldn't affect supply that much but she will hit these little gtowth spurts where it seems like all day iu r attached Smile/happy LOL u r doing great!!!! Sorry u r getting sick Cry xxx
Ginny
Ginny
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  Angel Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:42 am

Hey G,sorry you're not feeling well.Hopefully it will pass quickly. I just wanted to say,i heard a visualising texchnique that helps increase your milk supply.As well as looking at a pic of her if/when you pump,try closing your eyes when you feed and visualising a river of milk.It may sounds funny,but just try it for a few days.There was a lady who couldnt get enough milk and she kept telling herself she didnt feel she had enough or was worried that baby was always hungyr.The lactation consultant told her to do this visualising of the flowing white river and within 2 days her supply was not only adequate but abundent,remmeber we are all made of cells and energy and we can contorl ourbodies especially when it comes to things like this! Smile/happy might sound strange to some but it has worked! Smile/happy
Angel
Angel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Angel Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:45 am

just so u all dont thinkI am crazy here's a link which also suggest this as one of the techniques to help.This page might interest you GeorgI! Smile/happy http://www.storknet.com/cubbies/breast/pumping.htm (see number 12) x
Angel
Angel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ginny Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:06 am

Oops! I mustve misunderstood! I thoiught georgi DIDNT want an increase in supply! Sorryt!!! Unless klara is super fussy and still hungry I think she's just fine Georgi! U are producing good it sounds cuz she drinks and sleeps for hrs so it sounds like your supply is good to me.
Ginny
Ginny
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgi Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:23 am

Thanks girls. I will take a look at that link Holi it doesn't sound crazy to me at all however I don't think I have a problem with my supply she's very contented after a feed. Today has been completely different to yesterday as she's hardly fed I've managed to catch up on 2 hours sleep this afternoon I just worry now that she won't sleep tonight Cry

Thank goodness Theo has been at nursery today.
Georgi
Georgi
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily*Blossom Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:48 pm

Georgi honey, you said you were shivering and sweating, is there a possibility you have mastitis?
Lily*Blossom
Lily*Blossom

Number of posts : 1880
Loyalty Rating : 20901

Back to top Go down

Post  sparkles Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:33 pm

I thought that same thing Tif as thats what happened to me!!

Georgi- BF is sure hard work, Kyrah was very demanding with feeding at first too, sometimes felt like i was feeding all day , but she was a good sleeper at night so i put up with it lol. iat The beginning i had such burning/shooting pains in one breast for the first 2 mins of every feed i would dread when it wa time to feed off that side, but it fixed itself, i have heard its a sign of nipple/mouth thrush but neither Kyrah or i had any other signs so i dunno what it was, but it gets better, your doing an awesome job babe
sparkles
sparkles
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1294
Loyalty Rating : 19602
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgi Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:09 am

I've got tonsillitis :-( and I feel rotten, Rich has it too which now means I can't just wallow as Theo needs us.
It still hurts like hell to feed from the left breast for the first few minutes.

BTW Klára slept for 6 hours straight again and after feeding another hour and a half, so like you've said Sparkles if she feeds a lot during the day but sleeps so well at might who am I to complain!!
Georgi
Georgi
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Angel Sat Feb 27, 2010 11:09 am

Oh you poor sweety pie! <3 I hope you all get better very soon! If you can have lots of organic vegetable soups it will help build you up! Hugs xxx
Angel
Angel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Gutter Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:39 pm

My letdown was tolerable for quite awhile and then suddenly it became really painful for a long time and yes, I dreaded that feeling, but Georgi nursing is soooo much easier and convenient and also meant for baby, so be strong hun!!!! JAsper has an extremely strong latch too, so it would be painful for him to feed the first few minutes like you describe. You sound just like what I went thru, but remember it only lasts for a few minutes Smile/happy

Gutter
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1455
Loyalty Rating : 20110
Registration date : 2008-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum