Parent Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 185 on Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:41 pm
Just popped in

Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

Comments: 0

Anyone still here?

Tue May 17, 2011 11:39 am by MommaBear

Comments: 7

Latest topics
» Kerala Flats: “An Abode Built In Harmony”
Did your little one do this?? EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 7:04 am by jesobere

» So who is who?
Did your little one do this?? EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 4:39 am by Nikki985

» Pregnant!!
Did your little one do this?? EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 8:03 pm by mscherry42

» Anyone else in the TWW?
Did your little one do this?? EmptyWed May 22, 2013 7:40 am by Nelli2013

» Just popped in
Did your little one do this?? EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

» Organic Baby Products - For my Baby!!!!!!!!
Did your little one do this?? EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 1:49 am by sarahgreen

» On to #3!!
Did your little one do this?? EmptyThu May 17, 2012 2:53 pm by Angel

» Nexplanon implant
Did your little one do this?? EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 2:04 pm by lindzee

» TTC'rs ,Charters and Chart Cheerleaders! 2010~
Did your little one do this?? EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 1:57 pm by lindzee

Gallery

Did your little one do this?? Empty
Statistics
We have 90 registered users
The newest registered user is galaxy1981

Our users have posted a total of 28198 messages in 1516 subjects
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

Did your little one do this??

2 posters

Go down

Did your little one do this?? Empty Did your little one do this??

Post  Georgi Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:23 pm

On Wednesday Klara literally fed non-stop from 1pm until 10pm so yes 9 whole hours, now I know she would'nt have been getting milk all this time as she definately uses me as a comforter and I guessed this was a growth spurt so fully expected a really horrid sleepless night but thankfully we had the best night she slept for 6 hours straight, fed for just 10 minutes then slept for another 3 hours Smile/happy good job really as this was when I first began to feel ill.

Thursday, Friday and Saturday have been by far the BEST days/nights as far as feeding and sleeping goes, we do REALLY struggle with getting wind up and me being ill has truely sucked but that aside all has been good.

Now today once again Klara has been feeding non-stop from probably more like 11am and she is still suckling now as I type....that's a whopping 12 hours + , now when I say it's non-stop she hasn't napped during this time but there has been the odd 10 minutes here and there where I have attempted to wind her or I've put her in the bouncer etc...

Of course I am hoping this will mean she will sleep well tonight but does this all sound normal to you? Is it not unusual for a 5 week old not to sleep for such a long time?? and if these long feeds are the result of a growth spurt, do growth spurts happen like that - start and stop?? I know that the first major growth spurt is around 6 weeks and although missy is only 5 weeks old being 1 week late = 6 weeks if you see what I mean.

It's funny I almost feel like a first time Mum in many respects because Klara is so different to how Theo was although he did start sleeping through the night from 10pm to 5am from 8 weeks so I am hoping Klara follows that pattern!!

Phew.....finally after being firmly attached to my breast for 1 hour and 33 minutes she has fallen asleep and is now in the crib next to me, cross fingers she says asleep for a good while both my boobs feel REALLY squishy and soft like majorly!!!!!!

Any advice you can give me ladies is appreciated Smile/happy
Georgi
Georgi
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2544
Loyalty Rating : 21375
Registration date : 2008-09-09

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/Cleo

Back to top Go down

Did your little one do this?? Empty Re: Did your little one do this??

Post  MommaBear Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:28 pm

The only advice I can think of is that is the advice my doctor gave me when Isaac would seem to always be hungry. She said that she found that age wasn't as much as a factor in babies hunger as size. So bigger babies tend to eat like older babies because the have the size and tummys to do so. Especially if she is in a growth spurt. I think you are doing great and as long as her diapers are wet I wouldn't worry. Just make sure to keep yourself hydrated so it doesn't wear you out. How are you feeling?
MommaBear
MommaBear
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Number of posts : 304
Loyalty Rating : 17998
Registration date : 2008-10-09

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum