Parent Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 11 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 11 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 185 on Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:41 pm
Just popped in

Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

Comments: 0

Anyone still here?

Tue May 17, 2011 11:39 am by MommaBear

Comments: 7

Latest topics
» Kerala Flats: “An Abode Built In Harmony”
Wow...so this is what its like huh? EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 7:04 am by jesobere

» So who is who?
Wow...so this is what its like huh? EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 4:39 am by Nikki985

» Pregnant!!
Wow...so this is what its like huh? EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 8:03 pm by mscherry42

» Anyone else in the TWW?
Wow...so this is what its like huh? EmptyWed May 22, 2013 7:40 am by Nelli2013

» Just popped in
Wow...so this is what its like huh? EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

» Organic Baby Products - For my Baby!!!!!!!!
Wow...so this is what its like huh? EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 1:49 am by sarahgreen

» On to #3!!
Wow...so this is what its like huh? EmptyThu May 17, 2012 2:53 pm by Angel

» Nexplanon implant
Wow...so this is what its like huh? EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 2:04 pm by lindzee

» TTC'rs ,Charters and Chart Cheerleaders! 2010~
Wow...so this is what its like huh? EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 1:57 pm by lindzee

Gallery

Wow...so this is what its like huh? Empty
Statistics
We have 90 registered users
The newest registered user is galaxy1981

Our users have posted a total of 28198 messages in 1516 subjects
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

Wow...so this is what its like huh?

4 posters

Go down

Wow...so this is what its like huh? Empty Wow...so this is what its like huh?

Post  Ginny Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:22 pm

Well, ladies tonight for the first time since birth, i've put thane in his room to sleep..and as you can see..i am awake. this friggin sux!!! And most of yall LIKE this setup!?!?!!? I LOVE sleeping with him :'( BUT about a week ray said he hasn't slept in over 2 years...(play me a violin) me FN neither!!! So he's started sleeping in the living room...fine. he says WE are fine, he just needs sleep, whatever...so i put thane in his bed tonight. i really don't like it at all. i have the baby monitor on, but it just really sux. AND TO TOP IT THE HELL OFF...Ray is sleeping on the couch any FN way!!!!!!!!!!! So...why did i even bother trying the sleep in your own bed shit! BUT, yes, he is still nursing, so he does what he's been doing the past week, and he nurses his heart away for about 20 min, then holds a nip and goes to sleep Wink its really cute actually. i am his personal paci...

BUT, today is the worst day to try this really cuz a few hours ago he was almost bitten by a copperhead. i am still freaked out and would rather him be beside me...esp considering im gonna be in a queen size bed by myself. holi wanna join me? georgi? any takers? Tongue jk...but anyway, i am on here just to say and to say i dunno...just to say hi i guess Wink Thane is doing very well and he is the love of my life...and i miss the little guy on the other side of the house. Cry he was so excited today to sleep in his big bed til it was time to go to sleep then he was like "Go to mommy's bed???" Cry Sure why not!? your daddy aint coming! oh well...i'll go now cuz im pissy. xxxx to everyone!!!!!! Smile/happy
Ginny
Ginny
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1076
Loyalty Rating : 20113
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Back to top Go down

Wow...so this is what its like huh? Empty Re: Wow...so this is what its like huh?

Post  Gutter Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:39 am

Ginny wrote:Well, ladies tonight for the first time since birth, i've put thane in his room to sleep..and as you can see..i am awake. this friggin sux!!! And most of yall LIKE this setup!?!?!!? I LOVE sleeping with him :'( BUT about a week ray said he hasn't slept in over 2 years...(play me a violin) me FN neither!!! So he's started sleeping in the living room...fine. he says WE are fine, he just needs sleep, whatever...so i put thane in his bed tonight. i really don't like it at all. i have the baby monitor on, but it just really sux. AND TO TOP IT THE HELL OFF...Ray is sleeping on the couch any FN way!!!!!!!!!!! So...why did i even bother trying the sleep in your own bed shit! BUT, yes, he is still nursing, so he does what he's been doing the past week, and he nurses his heart away for about 20 min, then holds a nip and goes to sleep Wink its really cute actually. i am his personal paci...

BUT, today is the worst day to try this really cuz a few hours ago he was almost bitten by a copperhead. i am still freaked out and would rather him be beside me...esp considering im gonna be in a queen size bed by myself. holi wanna join me? georgi? any takers? Tongue jk...but anyway, i am on here just to say and to say i dunno...just to say hi i guess Wink Thane is doing very well and he is the love of my life...and i miss the little guy on the other side of the house. Cry he was so excited today to sleep in his big bed til it was time to go to sleep then he was like "Go to mommy's bed???" Cry Sure why not!? your daddy aint coming! oh well...i'll go now cuz im pissy. xxxx to everyone!!!!!! Smile/happy

Ginny,
I also slept with Jasper most of his infant life. Then I came back from my holidays and I wanted to get my sleep back and my life in order with ex-DF. Well I did just that and it killed me to let him cry and cry. For 3 nights I went in and nursed him and then I mentionned to ex-DF that I'm not sleeping because he wakes me up and he told me taht I better not be going up to see him. Well I lied and never went back up to feed him after those 3 nights, BUT I am lonely and miss the bond we shared during the night so I TOTALLY know what you mean. Ex-DF also slept on the couch when he was home at night. Well a little over 2 weeks ago I called it quits with ex-DF because his friends and social life are more important then his family. He's been doing extremely well since I came back from my holidays, but I cannot be with him, if the important friends don't even like me. I mean when you are a couple, you share mostly everything and friends, but he shares none of his huge group of friends therefore leaves me alone most of the time with the kids. I need someone who is dedicated to a family and I'm willing to do it all by myself (since I've pretty much been) or if exDF and I get back together then great or if I find someone else then great too.

Gutter
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1455
Loyalty Rating : 20089
Registration date : 2008-09-15

Back to top Go down

Wow...so this is what its like huh? Empty Re: Wow...so this is what its like huh?

Post  Angel Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:03 am

Ginny,I would gladly sleep in the bed with you Wink I think you are very brave to take this step.I know it's hard.I think you are doing the right thing,but at the same time,there is no set limit on when one should make the transition.I only think it's better to do it while they are younger because I have seen families who co sleep then 10 years later,they are unable to take the upset that the kids go through for a couple of days so they just give in and as a result,they all sleep on the floor on matresses with a bunch of tweens and mummy n daddy don't get any personal snuggle time or sleep really.I know your situation isn't this bad as you only have one doing this but I still think it's important for them to learn (at some point when everyone's ready) to sleep by themselves and not wake up all the time needing a mummy or daddy to help them go back to sleep,be it with a nipple or just a presence.At some point it has to stop,You have to decide when this is but if it's stoppign Ray from sleeping I do see his point too.When Tia-li was born and sleeping in with us,Chuck would also sleep on the couch.Like you said,no issed between us and he understood that she needed to be with me,but as a practical matter,when you have to work,you NEED to sleep.I know you don't mind so much about the sleep thing,but you both have to sleep in that room and I do understand.It also sounds like since Thane was excited about sleeping in his big boy bed that you can ride that wave and try and show him that you're excited for him too.I know how hard it is for you and I think you're being very brave.I know you love snuggles with him,but nothing is to stop you snuggling with him in that chair in his room before he goes to sleep or before nap times Smile/happy
I have to confess,that sometimes,if I feel really sad,I will (rarely) go into Teo's room and lay in bed with him,he barely wakes up when I do and I just hug him and then leave.I have also done this with tia-li .GOne in to 'check on her' and she of course wakes up at the slightest noise (me opening the door) and then I just have to rock her in the chair before putting her back in her bed.I try not to do this often but I do maybe once every couple of months and when I do it's nice and doesn't seem to disturb her too much.Either way,you can always bring him to your bed if you really are not comfortable,remmeber that,but if it goes on for too many more years,you may have to accept that his girlfriend gets in bed with you too Tongue (just kidding) Serioulsy though,you're being very brave and I know how hard it is,the baby moniter you have has a video cam right? Thats nice so you can see him Smile/happy You will both be ok,but if he's ready and it's just you wanting huggles that are preventing it....it's probably time.He may even stop nursing as much now but you have done SO great with him and the nursing thing so far so i would be proud of myself Smile/happy Just think also,you n Ray get to have some 'you' time in your own bed for the first time in a long time too,that will be nice! Smile/happy

Anyway,I am thinking of you and proud of you for trying this,I know you will both be fine.He will not stop loving you,or love you less because of this so don't worry,you are a wonderful mummy! love you x
Angel
Angel
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2197
Loyalty Rating : 21322
Registration date : 2008-09-09

https://parentise.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily*Blossom Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:32 pm

LM was about 8 months old when I stopped sleeping next to her in the spare room. My husband missed me, and missed having me next to him. I was an absolute nervous wreck the first week, but after a while I started to really enjoy my time alone in bed to just read, talk to DH or whatever. I still to this day sleep with the baby monitor on, mostly because it's so hot and we have fans running, so I can't hear her if she wakes up with a bad dream or something.

It feels strange and a bit scary at first, but teaching him to sleep in his own room is such a blessing, I promise. You will really start to enjoy the freedom and the extra sleep that will come once you stop worrying so much. Your DH will come around to, he won't stay sleeping on the couch, I promise.

xxxxoooo
Lily*Blossom
Lily*Blossom

Number of posts : 1880
Loyalty Rating : 20880

Back to top Go down

Post  Ginny Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:44 pm

Wow thanks ladies!! I wasn't trying to be a bitch when i said that about "yall really like sleeping like this!?!?!" i just honest to goodness really feel that way. i work 32 hours a week and miss him so much so i never mind him sleeping with me..which honestly once he goes to sleep we don't snuggle anyway, cuz i try to stay clear from him so i don't wake him up...but hell last night, when ray didn't come in there anyway, i was like then WHY is thane not in here, i don't wanna sleep by my damn self!?!?!? of course, ray did come in at like 1130ish...but i didn't want near him cuz i didn't want to bother him since he "can't sleep"...

So...this is how it panned out...lets see, i go to sleep about 11, 1130 i am looking at the monitor (yes holi it has video Wink ) and i slept right next to it so i could see him. 12 am he wakes up, i open my eyes to look at him and he's sitting straight up in the bed and said "Mommy?" then proceeded to turn around and lay upside down in the bed, so since i have the camera positioned a funny way all i can see is his butt sticking up in the air... Wink he went back to sleep for 3 hours. 3 am i hear a thud...then a "wahhhhhh!" i jump up and run on the other damn side of the house to him (our house aint huge, but its 2100 sq feet, so he is very far away Cry ) and he's in the floor crying saying "i fell off my snoopy bed" Cry so, at 3 i bring him happily back to the bed with me Tongue oh well..he is only a baby once and i miss enough time with him! So...he slept 6 hours in his bed and about 5 hours in mine. i like that. who cares if i have to get up at night. that's what your baby is there for Wink

so..tonight blaine is home, so i am thinking of having him sleep in there with thane and maybe that will work out for them. I just hope he doesn't fall off that damn bed again! its a twin size bed, normal height. but it scares him to death when he falls poor thing...

but anyway, thank you everyone for your comments and i really was just on here bitching last night Cry sorry you haven't heard from me in ages then i come on here to complain and be upset....thank you ladies! i love you all Smile/happy

p.s. and we are fine relationship wise...we just "bumped uglies" again before he left to go shoot coyotes at the land Tongue and it was let's just say...AWESOME Smile/happy So...don't worry about us Wink I am just pissed and not happy with the sleeping arrangement Smile/happy

Last edited by Ginny on Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:49 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgot the bumpin uglies :P)
Ginny
Ginny
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  Gutter Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:26 am

I'm glad you have a great husband Ginny and that things are okay between the two of you after going thru sharing your bed with your son. Sorry I went off like that, guess just updating you, didn't know if you knew I guess. Thane is a sweetie, I love your new profile pic on FB, your so lucky to have a photographer in your family!

Gutter
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1455
Loyalty Rating : 20089
Registration date : 2008-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Ginny Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:09 am

Well Thane is doing really well Smile/happy Saturday night (when i didn't have gto work of course...) he slept from 9 pm to 8 am in his bed!!!!!!! I was a little sad, but i was ok Wink He's been in his bed now since last saturday, so like a week and 2 days or something and he is doing really well. he usually wakes up once and just walks into my room with an armful of cars and lays down with me to sleep Smile/happy so over half the night he's in his own bed. I am really proud of him and SOOO glad i waited til he was ready Smile/happy
Ginny
Ginny
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum