Parent Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 185 on Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:41 pm
Just popped in

Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

Comments: 0

Anyone still here?

Tue May 17, 2011 11:39 am by MommaBear

Comments: 7

Latest topics
» Kerala Flats: “An Abode Built In Harmony”
no boo so far tonite EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 7:04 am by jesobere

» So who is who?
no boo so far tonite EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 4:39 am by Nikki985

» Pregnant!!
no boo so far tonite EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 8:03 pm by mscherry42

» Anyone else in the TWW?
no boo so far tonite EmptyWed May 22, 2013 7:40 am by Nelli2013

» Just popped in
no boo so far tonite EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

» Organic Baby Products - For my Baby!!!!!!!!
no boo so far tonite EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 1:49 am by sarahgreen

» On to #3!!
no boo so far tonite EmptyThu May 17, 2012 2:53 pm by Angel

» Nexplanon implant
no boo so far tonite EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 2:04 pm by lindzee

» TTC'rs ,Charters and Chart Cheerleaders! 2010~
no boo so far tonite EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 1:57 pm by lindzee

Gallery

no boo so far tonite Empty
Statistics
We have 90 registered users
The newest registered user is galaxy1981

Our users have posted a total of 28198 messages in 1516 subjects
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

no boo so far tonite

4 posters

Go down

no boo so far tonite Empty no boo so far tonite

Post  Ginny Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:00 pm

Wow so thane will be three in january and still loves his boos! Two of them he says...and even though he only nurses to sleep its getting to be time we do something else. When he's not tired he could care less about boo! All he wasnts is to play or hang out but when its time for bed, another story! Well tonight. I laid on my stomach and watched dwts while he screamed I want your boos for about 45 min before falling asleep. This is progress but I feel awful Cry it will happen though! I just have to be firm and maybe if I lay besdie him it wpnt be so bad! I hope Cry but anyuway, I am happy he went to sleep wo it. Tomorrow is another day and its one day at a time. But he's been slowly weaning for about a year. He's doing great really. I hope he sleeps all nite and doest cry fopr it!! Fingers crossed! Damn phone and typos!!! Xxxxx
Ginny
Ginny
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1076
Loyalty Rating : 20098
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Back to top Go down

no boo so far tonite Empty Re: no boo so far tonite

Post  Lou Lou Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:01 pm

how did it go last night?!

Lou Lou
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1345
Loyalty Rating : 20256

Back to top Go down

Post  Ginny Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:43 pm

Thanks Lou Lou!! Actually last night was teh most horrible night ive ever had. he went to sleep crying just 10 min at 10 pm, but at 4 am he was up for 45 min screaming and bawling til his eyes swole shut and his mouth was swollen and he is hoarse today and can't talk Cry so, pretty awful. i have talked to him some today. i don't like his behavior change that i am witnessing either and i pray that he turns back into my sweet boy soon but you can tell he is very upset with me and i don't like it Cry its awful. thank you for your concern Smile/happy it means a lot. xx
Ginny
Ginny
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  Ginny Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:34 pm

Well Last nite no crying! We read books and he drank from his clifford cup sum milk like baby copper Smile/happy and he let me hold him and cuddle to sleep!!! He woke up and got in bed w me at 630 and he just put his arm around me. Smile/happy so muuuuccchhhh better, pls lord let the worst be over! He hasn't boo since monday and my right one is a little fuller, but I am not in pain so that's great! I am so happy that I did things on MY timeline no one elses!!!! Thank u ladies for always being here Smile/happy
Ginny
Ginny
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  Lou Lou Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:35 pm

awh! Such good news Ginny! It sounds like you may be over the worst part!!!!
I hope tonight is just as great as last night!!!!!

Lou Lou
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  Ginny Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:46 pm

Hi, Lou Lou!!! Actually, last night was just as good, we went to bed around 10 and i read to him, then he drank some more milk from the special little cup, then i fell asleep and woke up a couple of time beside him and he was looking at me LOL or staring at the ceiling. but he was snuggling all nice and sweet and he fell asleep in my arms and it was SOOO nice!!!!!!! I was very happy Smile/happy Smile/happy He slept til 730 this morning Smile/happy he did great! i am very proud Smile/happy
Ginny
Ginny
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  Angel Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:20 pm

Good job hunny!I am so proud of you both! I know its been hard!Glad I was right about the third night thing.hugs xxx
Angel
Angel
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2197
Loyalty Rating : 21307
Registration date : 2008-09-09

https://parentise.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Ginny Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:36 pm

Yes u were sooo right about the 3rd nite thing!!! Smile/happy after that nite ray was like "r u sure we should be doing this!?!" Lol the way I saw it is there is no going back cuz I'd made up my mind. He is close enough now to being 3 yrs old and he can verty much understand me so I talked to him just like I always said I wanted to so I am happy!! He stopped crying the nite I afctually gave him a reason why no more boo! I said they were old my milk was gone and I really miss boo cuz I loved it, but I will love holding him close now. He's been doing so well!!! And of course, I have also prayed to please give us both the strength that we need to get thru such a huge change and loss of comfort. We are both doing well Smile/happy I do sorta miss those cute smiles and laughs during boo time or the riding the cars over them like they were hills Smile/happy but I am also relievd that he seems ok and that I can hopefully not worry about him trying to get them anymore around the in laws. Thank u for being here and sharing all these experiences w me!!!! Xxxxx thanks holi for the info and advice too u give me Smile/happy Smile/happy
Ginny
Ginny
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  Ginny Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:33 am

ok ladies, its been a week and THIS BLOWS!!!!!!!!! My friggin left boob that has always been smaller has decided to get a painful lump in it - i mean come on i have been weaning for over a year!!!!!!!!!! WTF

AND the worst of all, someone PLEASE help me! i am calling the doctor today cuz i dont like the behavior changes i am seeing :'( he has started telling me to go away, i can't play with him, he wants to be by himself, and to top it all off he's combative :'( last night he woke up at like 4 am and tried to get the boos and i said "no baby, we can't they are all gone" so he starts SCREAMING " I don't want something else! i want boos!" then he hits me in the arm, but that isn't enough, he is still screaming as he takes his nails and scratches down my face and pinching me, then proceeds to pull my hair. Me the WHOLE time staying calm saying "i love you, i know you are upset, i am too...blah fucking blah." *sorry* but i am stressed out and so upset :'( and he screams NO NO NO and finally goes to sleep. i have a little bloody spot on my face where he scratched the piss out of me. Cry i jsut really feel that this isn't normal and i miss my sweet boy :'( this is bullshit! what have i done wrong and what is giong on here??????? Please research if you have time anyone, and give me some links or advice Cry i am so upset!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! gotta go to fn work Cry bye!
Ginny
Ginny
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  Angel Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:16 am

HUnny,I'm sorry he's been acting like this.I don't think a dr is going to be much help here except to tell you that it's normal. :/
One thing is,he may have been half asleep and didn't realize what he was doing.The other thing is,I hope you don't take offence,but soothing him and being sweet while he's scratching and hitting you is probably not the best way to make it stop.I know you're thinking about his feelings and his feelings alone,but it's not acceptable (after a certain age,when they can understand right and wrong and a few words) to hurt people.) That he's mad is one thing but to inflict pain is not ok.I would have picked him up and carried him to his bed and let him be mad.The bottom line is he was furious that you didn't give in to boo,so he's trying everything he can.It's not ok for him to scratch you,never mind how sweet he was before,before he was getting his way so of course he wouldn't.I'm not saying you should spank him but let him know it's not ok (in my opinion) Tia-li recently started smacking Chuck around the head with things,he would laugh so then she did it to me and it drew blood,he didn't think it was so funny anymore and I popped her on the leg and put her on the floor.Sure she pouted but she did it twice more with the same result and then hasn't done it since and understands 'be nice' and 'don't be nasty'.I think it's one thing to be understanding and want to reassure your child through that difficult time,but at the same time,allowing him to hurt you only makes it ok for him to do it again every time he's mad and that worries me for you Cry

As for the 'go away' and 'you can't play with me' I know the timing is bad,but I think perhaps he's just being a normal 2,almost three year old boy and now that he's not got boo anymore his independant streak is finally coming out and he'll want to do things by himself and be a big boy.Before with boo,you were like a pacifier to him so he never had you more than arms length,I don't think this is bad,just a realisation that there is 'Thane' and "mommy' not 'mommythane' From what I read all kids go through it between age 2-3.They may say hurtful things that exclude those they love but they don't mean it or undertsand it,it's just them striking out on there own and I think that given the fact he's just 'quit' Wink boo it's totally normal.He's finding out what it's like.Just remember they don't think the way we do at ALL,things and feelings are different and their brains are still developping.There is not a doubt in my mind that you're still his favourite person in the whole world and that he loves you SO much.BUt it's like their teddy bears,they hug on them and then the next minute they're stomping them into the ground and hitting them or throwing them,they don't see what they're doing as right or wrong and they still express love toward their soft toys,I think it's just the way they 'dont' think if that makes sense.

As for what to do,I would stick to your guns,Still get in the bed/chair with him each night and say "Hey Thane,look mommys got a book to read you' if he doens't want to try not to be upset and take it personally,just allow him some time.I PROMISE he will come back to wanting you to read to him and hug him and play with him,he's just got bigger things going on in his brain right now' Smile/happy xHope this reassures you somewhat! x
Angel
Angel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lou Lou Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:38 pm

I have a few thoughts here.....

First of all. I'm sorry! Kudos to you for staying calm because I probably would have spanked Owen for that. I'm sure that sounds harsh to some of you but it is sometimes the only way to get them to snap out of it.

I think some of the go away - I don't want to play with you is his age too. It's not uncommon for Owen to stop playing when I try to play with him. It used to hurt my feelings but not so much now.

Now, could Ray try to go to him in the night for the next few nights? Maybe that would help him sort all of this out. I mean, for the past 3 years when he cries in the night You and Boo come and comfort him. Maybe if it was some one else all together that would help. Also, have you thought about just letting him cry for a while?

Lou Lou
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  Gutter Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:02 pm

Such great advice girls!

Ginny it will be tough you are giving Thane his independence at the end of all this. Also remember it has been almost 3 years he's known the boob. Jasper nursed for a year and still goes 'searching' for what he knows best and it's been 4 weeks since I've stopped.

Also it isn't right to let him hurt you and for you to be patient with his hurting you, you definately need to draw the line and tell him enough is enough or time out or whatever else you like to implement.

As for the pain love, it's gonna be painful even if you've been weaning for a year. Your body still produces what Thane used, but when it's not being consumed, it will continue to build up. The painful lump is probably a clogged duct, trust me and massage it in the shower/bath. I went on FB BEGGING for someone to give me advice and the best advice I got was actually from Bear on AWH, she told me to put warm compresses when I was told cold compresses. I found warm helped 100 times better. Massaging from the outer part to the nipple is the way to have it come out and relieve the painful lump, trust me hun!!! I also suffered from clogged ducts for an entire 6 months of pumping for Audrey, it's what I did, lived in the shower and played with my boobs, lol!

Took me 2 weeks to completely dry up and pain to go away. i feared mastitis the worst, but not to worry unless you start up a fever and such. Just try and work that clog out so it doesn't turn into mastitis.

You are doing an excellent job and so happy to hear you were ready to wean Thane off the boob. It's a good feeling when you are ready, I wish I was with Jasper, still kicking myself. but with Audrey I was ready at 6 months.

Gutter
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1455
Loyalty Rating : 20074
Registration date : 2008-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  Ginny Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:09 pm

Thanks ladies! Let me first start by saying, no one gets an ass whoopin as much as Thane does, i am almost SURE of it Wink BUT, last night, i had already tried the beatin his ass, yelling, time out, you name it yesterday, so i decided i am giong to take a CALM approach for once and see what happens. he did stop and went to sleep easily, so i dunno. i have talked to him today about it when he was coherent and I am going to punish him and i have punished him today when he did something wrong. consistency is key, but there are times im worn out. but hey that happens.

thanks gutter for your advice on the compresses - i am sitting here with a cold compress on the boobs right now LOL guess i'll switch to warm. Wink thank yoU!
Ginny
Ginny
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  Angel Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:08 pm

Good for you hun.I just have to second the warm compress and the massaging,you just have to massage the lump out.Also for relief buy a cabbage,put it in the fridge over night and peel off a leaf to wear in your bra.No one quite knows why I works but it does! Smile/happy hugs
Angel
Angel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ginny Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:14 pm

Thanks holi!! On my phone now Smile/happy I will buy cabbage tomoro and I'm also going to get fresh sage to dry ouyt to make tea! I hope it works. Thane has done much better today and I hope it gest better!! Blaibne is here so he wants to be like bubba Smile/happy we've done a lot of timeouts today but every time he's done what I said and I haven't caved in! Usually I pick battles, I turned all of them into one today. Wink and he's been doing good. I sure hope today sint bad!!!!! Ill let u know Smile/happy damn typos on my phone!! Tongue
Ginny
Ginny
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down