Parent Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 9 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 9 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 185 on Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:41 pm
Just popped in

Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

Comments: 0

Anyone still here?

Tue May 17, 2011 11:39 am by MommaBear

Comments: 7

Latest topics
» Kerala Flats: “An Abode Built In Harmony”
Tell me about your toddlers please EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 7:04 am by jesobere

» So who is who?
Tell me about your toddlers please EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 4:39 am by Nikki985

» Pregnant!!
Tell me about your toddlers please EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 8:03 pm by mscherry42

» Anyone else in the TWW?
Tell me about your toddlers please EmptyWed May 22, 2013 7:40 am by Nelli2013

» Just popped in
Tell me about your toddlers please EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

» Organic Baby Products - For my Baby!!!!!!!!
Tell me about your toddlers please EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 1:49 am by sarahgreen

» On to #3!!
Tell me about your toddlers please EmptyThu May 17, 2012 2:53 pm by Angel

» Nexplanon implant
Tell me about your toddlers please EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 2:04 pm by lindzee

» TTC'rs ,Charters and Chart Cheerleaders! 2010~
Tell me about your toddlers please EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 1:57 pm by lindzee

Gallery

Tell me about your toddlers please Empty
Statistics
We have 90 registered users
The newest registered user is galaxy1981

Our users have posted a total of 28198 messages in 1516 subjects
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

Tell me about your toddlers please

3 posters

Go down

Tell me about your toddlers please Empty Tell me about your toddlers please

Post  mscherry42 Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:07 pm

I am curious about your 2-4 year olds. Their behavior? Appetite? Height and weight? Speech? Educational Knowledge?

I'm going through it with Jayden. I'm just trying to figure out if she's "normal" lol. Here's her "stuff" as of today.

She's about 32 lbs idk her height. She eats EVERYTHING!! well, except some veggies and eggs.
Her speech is not what I would like it to be at 3 yrs and 2 months, but i'm comparing it to Jadah and now her little cousin who turns 3 on the 26th. She knows a hellava lot! some good, some bad, but a whole lot. She sings her abc's although she does get it messed up sometimes. she knows her shapes, can count to about 12. she loves the sky and is very fascinated by planes and trains. she knows that "red" means stop and "green" means go, and yells it at almost every stop light which gets annoying sometimes. i think my child is very intelligent, though sometimes she seems in too much of a hurry to learn things the traditional "sit down" way. she loves to draw and her people are starting to take shape now, which is cute to me. her potty training is not doing great in my book, and again comparing her to Jadah and her little cousin too, both of whom potty trained before 3. she will go if you put her on there, or tell her to get on, but will rarely tell you that she has to go. I know everyone says that she'll train when she's ready, but dang!!

Well, anyway, can't wait to hear from you ladies on your kiddos.
mscherry42
mscherry42
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Number of posts : 780
Loyalty Rating : 19428
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down

Tell me about your toddlers please Empty Re: Tell me about your toddlers please

Post  Lou Lou Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:18 pm

Hey Mscherry!
Well, I can give you an update on Owen even though he is a little younger.
At 2 1/2 he is about 26 pounds - not sure of his height. At our last doctor apt he was still in the 15th percentile for weight and height.
He is a little guy but what he lacks in height/weight he makes up for with his personality! : )
He can say just about anything he wants and uses pretty large sentences sometimes. He will actually say to me, "mom, I want to go to the toy store and get a car" He does have some words that are slightly more difficult to understand but I rarely have to explain to others what he is saying.
He is very interested in the potty and LOVES to sit on the potty but has only gone on it one or two times and never to completion. I think it scares him a little, however, if I put him underwear he will NOT wet them - and he will hold it for HOURS!!! We are going to keep encouraging him for now and hit it hard in the spring. My sister waited until her son was just a few weeks shy of 3 and he potty trained in 2 days.
His temper is probably normal for this age - sweet as pie one minute and then ugly the next. He told me to "go away" today and it totally broke my heart but then later he told me that he "loves mommy so, so much!" He plays well with others, loves to give hugs and is hilarious! This morning he said, "mom, I am so funny!" and I said, "you are? why do you think so?" and he said, "hahahaha!!!!!!, See, I am funny!".
He is very excited about Christmas and the birthday cake we are baking for baby Jesus. He can't wait to blow out the candle. He loves the Christmas tree and he will request Christmas music when we are in the car.
I could go on and on but I'll stop now!!!!!!

Lou Lou
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1345
Loyalty Rating : 20271
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  mscherry42 Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:37 am

Thanks Lou Lou. It's nice to hear about people's children. It sounds like Owen is very close to being ready to potty train. at least he doesn't wet his underwear.

And he does sound like he has a fun personality.

how is his appetite. is he a picky eater, or does he eats losts but doesn't gain much?

do you give him sweets, or are you really strict with it?
mscherry42
mscherry42
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Number of posts : 780
Loyalty Rating : 19428
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily*Blossom Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:48 pm

Hi MsCherry. LM is 32 months old. She says some words amazingly. Like Octopus, Banana, Delicious. She is great about saying thank you, but we are working hard on please. She repeats any word I ask her to say, but still things come out in gibberish. She will talk and talk and talk and make no sense. She does say some phrases like "I can't reach it." Or "I can't do it." She sings or tries to sing any song she hears. I think she is musical, because she can sing entire songs, but still speaks in gibberish! LOL. She can count to 10, and she can recognize some words without seeing the picture. She sings her ABC's pretty well, but in stead of Q,R,S, she sings "YOU ARE FAT." It's really funny, and she doesn't mean it in a bad way, it just comes out that way Tongue

She closes her eyes or yells at me if she is frustrated. She throws HUGE tantrums if we have to leave somewhere or if she doesn't get something she wants. We do time outs in a chair, in the corner at times like this. I have worked really hard over the past month to not raise my voice at her or show her that I am frustrated. I have seen a huge improvement lately, but she still does get really stubborn, she always has been.

Sweets are a rarity. I don't by boxed food, and if I do, it's organic, corn syrup free, and dye free. I see a huge difference in her behavior when she eats processed sugar and foods. If I bake, I make it from scratch, and she does well with this. I'm not kidding, on the days my husband gives her one stinking oreo, she will take 2 hours to fall asleep for her nap, instead of her usually 20-30 minutes.

She is 37 inches tall and weighs 32 pounds. She has always been a tall girl, and in the top of her height and weight in percentile. She eats pretty well. Only recently has she started to eat meats, or try new things. Sometimes she still wont eat, and I have to make her at least try it.

She naps every day still, for about an hour and a half. Her nap starts about 12:15 and ends around 1:45 pm.

She loves to play pretend. She has two dinosaurs that my little brother left here when he and my mom where here in September. She told me the other day, that one is the mommy and one is the daddy. She also pretends to make cakes and feed me her pretend food.

She isn't potty trained. She will sit and pretend, but if she is made to sit on the toilet to poop or anything, she is SOOO scared. Like shaking scared. She's not quite ready IMO.

It think Jayden is a sweetie and very smart. She is just her own little person Smile/happy

Lily*Blossom
Lily*Blossom

Number of posts : 1880
Loyalty Rating : 20880
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum