Parent Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 7 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 7 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 185 on Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:41 pm
Just popped in

Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

Comments: 0

Anyone still here?

Tue May 17, 2011 11:39 am by MommaBear

Comments: 7

Latest topics
» Kerala Flats: “An Abode Built In Harmony”
She's refusing the bottle except when she's falling asleep - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 7:04 am by jesobere

» So who is who?
She's refusing the bottle except when she's falling asleep - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 4:39 am by Nikki985

» Pregnant!!
She's refusing the bottle except when she's falling asleep - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 8:03 pm by mscherry42

» Anyone else in the TWW?
She's refusing the bottle except when she's falling asleep - Page 2 EmptyWed May 22, 2013 7:40 am by Nelli2013

» Just popped in
She's refusing the bottle except when she's falling asleep - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

» Organic Baby Products - For my Baby!!!!!!!!
She's refusing the bottle except when she's falling asleep - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 1:49 am by sarahgreen

» On to #3!!
She's refusing the bottle except when she's falling asleep - Page 2 EmptyThu May 17, 2012 2:53 pm by Angel

» Nexplanon implant
She's refusing the bottle except when she's falling asleep - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 2:04 pm by lindzee

» TTC'rs ,Charters and Chart Cheerleaders! 2010~
She's refusing the bottle except when she's falling asleep - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 1:57 pm by lindzee

Gallery

She's refusing the bottle except when she's falling asleep - Page 2 Empty
Statistics
We have 90 registered users
The newest registered user is galaxy1981

Our users have posted a total of 28198 messages in 1516 subjects
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

She's refusing the bottle except when she's falling asleep

+3
Lou Lou
Angel
Lily*Blossom
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

She's refusing the bottle except when she's falling asleep - Page 2 Empty Re: She's refusing the bottle except when she's falling asleep

Post  Lily*Blossom Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:38 pm

Well here's the kicker.

She will drink the bottle for DH just fine, but not me Smile/happy Last night she hadn't eaten anything in over 4 hours, and it was about 40 minutes until her bedtime. DH started trying to feed her a bottle, he put some butterscotch pudding on the nipple and she stopped fussing and drank the whole freaking thing! It's just that initial getting her to latch onto the bottle.

This morning I tried the pudding and she drank a little, then stopped. I put her down for a while and let her cry. Then I turned on some music on the computer, sat down with her and the bottle again, and she knacked down the whole thing!

I am going to try music every time, we'll see if this works. I am also going to try putting pureed fruit on the bottle teat and see if it helps her to get started.

She's a ball of fire.
Lily*Blossom
Lily*Blossom

Number of posts : 1880
Loyalty Rating : 20913
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Back to top Go down

She's refusing the bottle except when she's falling asleep - Page 2 Empty Re: She's refusing the bottle except when she's falling asleep

Post  24Penguins Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:11 pm

hahaha, what a little stinker!! lol, she just wants a treat everytime!! haha, hey if it works, go for it Smile/happy hehe, although i agree pureed fruits sounds a little healthier than pudding everytime LOL!!!

glad you may have things working again!!! oh, and the music sounds like a fab idea! probably helps to soothe her Smile/happy
24Penguins
24Penguins
Parentiseaholic
Parentiseaholic

Number of posts : 2661
Loyalty Rating : 18826
Registration date : 2008-09-11

http://www.myspace.com/24penguins

Back to top Go down

Post  Helen Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:12 pm

Glad you got is sorted hun xx
Helen
Helen
Rocket Fingers!!
Rocket Fingers!!

Number of posts : 1789
Loyalty Rating : 17701
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily*Blossom Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:34 pm

Ya, I just blasted the Dixie Chicks while she was freaking out this morning and she snapped out of it straight away, and started drinking!
Lily*Blossom
Lily*Blossom

Back to top Go down

Post  Helen Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:34 pm

Aww bless!!!
Helen
Helen
Rocket Fingers!!
Rocket Fingers!!

Number of posts : 1789
Loyalty Rating : 17701
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post  24Penguins Fri Oct 17, 2008 4:05 pm

awww, how cute!!!!
24Penguins
24Penguins
Parentiseaholic
Parentiseaholic

Number of posts : 2661
Loyalty Rating : 18826
Registration date : 2008-09-11

http://www.myspace.com/24penguins

Back to top Go down

She's refusing the bottle except when she's falling asleep - Page 2 Empty UPDATE

Post  Lily*Blossom Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:57 pm

So I got some all natural, alcohol free Vanilla at Trader Joe's. I put a few drops in LM's formula to see if that would help. It didn't. It's just her bottle in general, she does not want it unless she is going down to sleep.

I have been offering her formula in her sippy cup when she eats her meals, and this is working so far.

I used to refuse to feed her solids until she had drank her bottle. I changed this. I feed her solids upon waking. THEN, 2 1/2 to three hours later when she is going down to sleep, she will drink between 2.5 and 4 ounces before she lays down. This is working better.

Also.... I offered her the level three Avent Bottle teats yesterday. They used to make her choke, but she drank like a pro yesterday. She still chokes with them during her night feedings, so I give her level 2 at night, but she is fine during the day.
Lily*Blossom
Lily*Blossom

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum