Parent Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 10 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 10 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 185 on Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:41 pm
Just popped in

Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

Comments: 0

Anyone still here?

Tue May 17, 2011 11:39 am by MommaBear

Comments: 7

Latest topics
» Kerala Flats: “An Abode Built In Harmony”
How much has your baby cost you? EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 7:04 am by jesobere

» So who is who?
How much has your baby cost you? EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 4:39 am by Nikki985

» Pregnant!!
How much has your baby cost you? EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 8:03 pm by mscherry42

» Anyone else in the TWW?
How much has your baby cost you? EmptyWed May 22, 2013 7:40 am by Nelli2013

» Just popped in
How much has your baby cost you? EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

» Organic Baby Products - For my Baby!!!!!!!!
How much has your baby cost you? EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 1:49 am by sarahgreen

» On to #3!!
How much has your baby cost you? EmptyThu May 17, 2012 2:53 pm by Angel

» Nexplanon implant
How much has your baby cost you? EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 2:04 pm by lindzee

» TTC'rs ,Charters and Chart Cheerleaders! 2010~
How much has your baby cost you? EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 1:57 pm by lindzee

Gallery

How much has your baby cost you? Empty
Statistics
We have 90 registered users
The newest registered user is galaxy1981

Our users have posted a total of 28198 messages in 1516 subjects
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

How much has your baby cost you?

5 posters

Go down

How much has your baby cost you? Empty How much has your baby cost you?

Post  Toffee Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:34 pm

I'm just interested to know how much your baby :baby: (babies :baby: :baby: ) have cost you in terms of getting all the cot/prams etc. Do you keep all the big stuff for #2 (+). There's a baby boom this year, as well as the credit crunch. Can having a baby be inexpensive?
Toffee
Toffee
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1071
Loyalty Rating : 17980
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

How much has your baby cost you? Empty Re: How much has your baby cost you?

Post  Lou Lou Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:36 pm

I think having a baby could be less expensive than what we've done!
As this is my first and possibly my only child - and I had wanted a child for some time - I spared no expense! In hind sight some of the things we purchased may have been a little extravagant but I wanted to do it!
All of the nursery furniture and bedding cost about $1800. (See, I really didn't have to spend that much AT ALL!!!) This also includes pictures, lamps, accessories.
I am fortunate that I have 3 SILs and a sister that all have little boys so I have been loaned TONS of clothes and toys. I do buy some new clothing but I haven't purchased much.
Since I breastfeed, that has saved us some money but now that he is eating solids we are spending more.
I do spend more on laundry items like soap and stain remover and I do at least one load of laundry a day. Before Owen was born I probably only did two or three loads a week.

Lou Lou
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1345
Loyalty Rating : 20271
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Helen Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:04 am

I'm not really sure to be honest, we just bought the things because we had to, we only bought the stuff that we needed and definatly use. and A lot of it we have kept back for this one when it arrives !!
Helen
Helen
Rocket Fingers!!
Rocket Fingers!!

Number of posts : 1789
Loyalty Rating : 17668
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post  24Penguins Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:47 am

hmmm, well, we got a used crib from a friend (her daughter was 2 and going to use a toddler bed so she gave it to us), people from work bought us the crib bedding set. We bought the carseat, stroller, and pack and play (playpen) at walmart for around $240 alltogether. we were given her high chair and baby bathtub and crib matress by her grandfather. the main things we spend money on were clothing, formula, and diapers/wipes (which are more expensive in the beginning since you go through many more of them each day!). The way i see it toffee, is that babies can be VERY expensive, if you have the means and want them to be, i mean if you buy the best of the best for baby it gets very pricey. but if you are on a budget and dont have loads of money, there are ways to make it work. me and charles havent had a lot of money from the beginning and kaydance may not get brand new clothes or toys but she still gets everything she needs!
24Penguins
24Penguins
Parentiseaholic
Parentiseaholic

Number of posts : 2661
Loyalty Rating : 18793

http://www.myspace.com/24penguins

Back to top Go down

Post  Toffee Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:55 am

24P, that's the most important thing; as long as she's fed, clothed, loved and has shelter Smile/happy
Toffee
Toffee
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  24Penguins Wed Oct 22, 2008 9:37 am

hehe, exactly!! she gets all the necessities Smile/happy and unconditional amounts of love Smile/happy
24Penguins
24Penguins
Parentiseaholic
Parentiseaholic

Number of posts : 2661
Loyalty Rating : 18793

http://www.myspace.com/24penguins

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily*Blossom Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:29 pm

Well, we were quite blessed. I got a ton of clothes for the first 6 months of LM's life at my baby shower, bath toys, diapers, ect. It was very nice. My aunt gave me her crib and high chair, she only has one kid so they were practically new. My friend gave me Pottery Barn crib sheets and bumper, and skirt, and they are just TOO CUTE. My mom got a TON of great stuff off of a yahoo group called Freecycle. People list stuff they are willing to give away, then you ask for it, and if they decide to give it to you, you go pick it up. We got a swing, baby bath, co-sleeper, carseat, and stroller this way, ALL in GREAT condition.

Another way we have saved money is by signing up on the Enfamil formula website. They give out 5 dollar vouchers a few times a month, and we go to Costco and buy the big cans of Enfamil formula, and sometimes we have two of those coupons, so we get 10 dollars off, and it's a steal. I also signed up for a baby coupon thing, so I get all sorts of coupons for Babies r us, ect.

If I had the money, I of course would have bought the best furniture for LM, but we didn't have money to do that, so we took what we were given, and it has worked out well for us. She is very loved and happy, and doesn't know that she is using secondhand furniture Smile/happy

I think all in all, we spent about 300 dollars of our own money to get ready for the baby. Monthly, with the cost of diapers, baby food, and formula, we pay about 170 dollars.
Lily*Blossom
Lily*Blossom

Number of posts : 1880
Loyalty Rating : 20880
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Toffee Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:17 am

In my pittiful broodiness, I had a browse and added the necessities up lol as a max, so not stupidly expensive, but not too cheap either. I then extended it by a few hundred so that it leaves room for any bits and bobs (I didn't include toys and clothes). So it was £900, I then moved up to £1500, so that there's room Smile/happy

Makes me feel better than we won't have to wait too many years when we're both teaching. As teachers are dual income will be £2600 a month (at the starting salary). So that's cool Smile/happy And after a year, my bf gets a 'golden hello' of £5,000 (taxable). So I know we'll be able to save up in the next few years Smile/happy

Just got to persuade the bf lol.
Toffee
Toffee
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down