Parent Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 185 on Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:41 pm
Just popped in

Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

Comments: 0

Anyone still here?

Tue May 17, 2011 11:39 am by MommaBear

Comments: 7

Latest topics
» Kerala Flats: “An Abode Built In Harmony”
Procrastinating Spouses EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 7:04 am by jesobere

» So who is who?
Procrastinating Spouses EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 4:39 am by Nikki985

» Pregnant!!
Procrastinating Spouses EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 8:03 pm by mscherry42

» Anyone else in the TWW?
Procrastinating Spouses EmptyWed May 22, 2013 7:40 am by Nelli2013

» Just popped in
Procrastinating Spouses EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

» Organic Baby Products - For my Baby!!!!!!!!
Procrastinating Spouses EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 1:49 am by sarahgreen

» On to #3!!
Procrastinating Spouses EmptyThu May 17, 2012 2:53 pm by Angel

» Nexplanon implant
Procrastinating Spouses EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 2:04 pm by lindzee

» TTC'rs ,Charters and Chart Cheerleaders! 2010~
Procrastinating Spouses EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 1:57 pm by lindzee

Gallery

Procrastinating Spouses Empty
Statistics
We have 90 registered users
The newest registered user is galaxy1981

Our users have posted a total of 28198 messages in 1516 subjects
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

Procrastinating Spouses

5 posters

Go down

Procrastinating Spouses Empty Procrastinating Spouses

Post  BethG Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:10 am

My husband drives me crazy at the way he puts off doing stuff. He has TONS of half-finished projects around the house (don't even get me started because I just get depressed about it).

Over Labor Day weekend while we were on vacation, we realized that the truck batteries in our big Ford diesel were getting weak because it started slow. But we don't drive that truck unless we're pulling our travel trailer, so we didn't do anything about it, mostly because of money.

2 weekends ago I have to go rescue him because his van blew a brake line. No big deal except he has the motorcycle trailer and his dirt bike with him. The car has a hitch but it isn't the right size. The little pickup has no hitch. No problem, I'll take the Ford. Nope. Won't start. Won't even turn over. Crap. So I have to try our other diesel truck, the notoriously finicky Chevy. Miracles of miracles it actually starts and never dies once. Yea! Smile/happy (anybody notice we have way too many vehicles??)

Oh yeah, the van was supposed to be scrapped MONTHS ago and we were supposed to fix the old Chevy, but Nooooooo.

So last weekend we go buy 2 new batteries for the Ford truck. He writes a check but it gets declined by their automatic verification checking thingy. I quickly figure out it's because his driver's license is expired. IT EXPIRED IN FEBRUARY! And he KNOWS IT! And STILL won't go get it renewed. So hubby writes a 2nd check and we use my license. Nope, still declined because he's on the account. At that point I whip out a credit card. Geez.

I told him I was going to be really pissed if I ever wrote a check from MY account (which he's on as well) and it was declined because of HIM.

Once we were driving back home (with him driving on his expired license, of course), I asked him if he was finally going to go get a new license. "Why?"

Somebody smack him for me already.
BethG
BethG
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1776
Loyalty Rating : 22731
Registration date : 2008-10-08

Back to top Go down

Procrastinating Spouses Empty Re: Procrastinating Spouses

Post  24Penguins Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:32 am

omg beth!!! haha, i can relate somewhat. DF is horrible about procrastinating about everything except car stuff lol. he will spend money we dont have to get his car legal and do things to it, but anything else around the house/shop or anything whatso ever, hes the worst!!! i have to remind him like 800 times to do something, and then he gets pissed, and says i know, ill do it, but he never does!!!! argh!

and i hear ya on the too many cars.. i cant believe DF still goes and looks at cars, its like we have enough and we cant even afford the ones we have!!!!

argh men!
24Penguins
24Penguins
Parentiseaholic
Parentiseaholic

Number of posts : 2661
Loyalty Rating : 18838
Registration date : 2008-09-11

http://www.myspace.com/24penguins

Back to top Go down

Post  kellybean Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:35 am

WTH? I'd be upset too.
Not to add flame to the fire...but did you ever finish your bathroom?

Why does he put things off for so long? Has he always been this way? This would drive me nuts too, seriously!

Time to put your boot in his pants Bethy...winter's coming!!
kellybean
kellybean
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Number of posts : 173
Loyalty Rating : 17077
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post  BethG Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:27 am

Nope, bathroom is not finished. The remodel has been going on for...3 years? I lose track. I can't remember the last time I had a sink in there.

Yep, pretty much always been like this. And every winter, he SWEARS he's going to get stuff done. And every winter, it's always the same. He's already started up about it again and I just flat out told him I can't believe in him anymore.
BethG
BethG
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily*Blossom Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:00 pm

My Dad is totally like this! He has seriously like 13 DIY projects that he has started but never finished. He does all the construction work on the inside of my parent's house himself, and he never puts the finishing touches on anything. Like he puts new floor in, but never replaces the base boards. Or he runs a cable into a room, and instead of putting it in the wall or under the floor, he just staples it in plain site where everyone can see how tacky it looks. It drives me nuts!

As far as my DH doing this, he doesn't start something and not finish, it's the getting him to start part that is difficult! Once he gets going, there's no stopping him, but getting him to begin is quite the task!
Lily*Blossom
Lily*Blossom

Number of posts : 1880
Loyalty Rating : 20925
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  BethG Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:39 am

Oh, here's another good one.....hubby does all the utility bills. Last night he tells me he has 2 electric bills and at least one has a disconnection notice on it. WTF?!?!? Money is NOT the problem....just his lack of attentiveness to get them done. Oh I'll be a pissed off wife if my electricity is shut off due to his stupidity.

I took two electric bill payments to the downtown post office this morning since they'll leave there faster since they're being sent out of state. Why didn't he write one check for both payments? I can't argue with the logic of doing that.....but that's MrG. for you. Grrrrrr.
BethG
BethG
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  dolly's momma Sat Oct 25, 2008 12:49 pm

He will know why if he ever has to pay the hefty fine for an expried license .... not to mention the joyfull surprise your insurance agent will have for you after he finds out about it......

My husband has a stupid little Tracker he drove to work until it cracked a cylinder. It has sat in the back for over a year, and we got a notice it's tags had expired. It costs more to fix it than it is worth, so there it sits. He wants to try to fix it himself, I want him to donate it and get rid of it. Finally this summer he said if he doesn't have time to work on it by Thanksgiving he will donate it. So far he hasn't even looked at it, and Thanksgiving is coming up fast!
dolly's momma
dolly's momma
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Number of posts : 566
Loyalty Rating : 18440
Registration date : 2008-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post  BethG Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:47 am

oh dolly's momma, I can relate to that one too! Hubby had an even older van when I met him. He told me it was his winter vehicle. Well he never EVER drove it from the time I met him in 1997. At some point it got moved to the backyard.....and there it sat. UNTIL 2007!

As you can see it took a buddy, a bobcat, and a trailer to get that damn van out of my yard! (some of the photos got cropped a bit too much). Hubby later admitted that moving the van to the backyard was the worst thing he could have done.
Procrastinating Spouses 100_3710

Procrastinating Spouses 100_3711

Procrastinating Spouses 100_3712
BethG
BethG
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down