Parent Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 13 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 13 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 185 on Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:41 pm
Just popped in

Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

Comments: 0

Anyone still here?

Tue May 17, 2011 11:39 am by MommaBear

Comments: 7

Latest topics
» Kerala Flats: “An Abode Built In Harmony”
Tired of not being taken seriously EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 7:04 am by jesobere

» So who is who?
Tired of not being taken seriously EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 4:39 am by Nikki985

» Pregnant!!
Tired of not being taken seriously EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 8:03 pm by mscherry42

» Anyone else in the TWW?
Tired of not being taken seriously EmptyWed May 22, 2013 7:40 am by Nelli2013

» Just popped in
Tired of not being taken seriously EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

» Organic Baby Products - For my Baby!!!!!!!!
Tired of not being taken seriously EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 1:49 am by sarahgreen

» On to #3!!
Tired of not being taken seriously EmptyThu May 17, 2012 2:53 pm by Angel

» Nexplanon implant
Tired of not being taken seriously EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 2:04 pm by lindzee

» TTC'rs ,Charters and Chart Cheerleaders! 2010~
Tired of not being taken seriously EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 1:57 pm by lindzee

Gallery

Tired of not being taken seriously Empty
Statistics
We have 90 registered users
The newest registered user is galaxy1981

Our users have posted a total of 28198 messages in 1516 subjects
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

Tired of not being taken seriously

+4
kellybean
Helen
24Penguins
BethG
8 posters

Go down

Tired of not being taken seriously Empty Tired of not being taken seriously

Post  BethG Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:31 am

Just got an email this morning at work.....we're having a 4th quarter sales contest. But guess who isn't eligible to participate?

I am SO SICK of not being taken seriously here at work. I have more knowledge, more professional licenses, and more experience than about 1/2 the people here. But here's the deal, I work as a sales assistant, not as an actual agent, BUT I do make commissions (albeit a small portion) on the sales my boss Al and I make. And yes, I am a part of every sale with every client in some way. And because I work as an assistant, I do not have an agency contract that requires I make a minimum amount every year. I fought that (with Al's help) and won. And as a result, the agency was not able to count me as a "recruit" for that year which pissed them off. They also claimed I wasn't eligible for benefits. Partial lie -- No health insurance (don't want their super-expensive plan anyway) but I DO have a 401K Roth although I had to find that out for myself. Bastards. I was also told I wasn't allowed to sell on my own. WTF? That's a total lie.

I'm not going to win the sales contest anyway. That's not the point. I'm just tired of being looked down upon. To be clear, my boss Al does not treat me this way at all. He appreciates what I do and compensates me well for it. I'm just tired of the rest of the jackasses.

I got so pissed I tore up the Sales Contest memo, lol.
BethG
BethG
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1776
Loyalty Rating : 22686
Registration date : 2008-10-08

Back to top Go down

Tired of not being taken seriously Empty Re: Tired of not being taken seriously

Post  24Penguins Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:45 am

awww beth, thats so fucked up!!!! im sorry they treat you like that, but im glad you seem to have a nice supportive boss at least.

and some agression usually does make you feel a bit better, nothing like tearing that memo up to do the trick!!! hahaha, im sure a paper shredders got nothing on you! LOL.
24Penguins
24Penguins
Parentiseaholic
Parentiseaholic

Number of posts : 2661
Loyalty Rating : 18793
Registration date : 2008-09-11

http://www.myspace.com/24penguins

Back to top Go down

Post  BethG Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:05 am

oh and get this (rant continues), the agency actually make MORE money from our sales now that I receive commissions.

And a few years ago, our manager (now transitioning out) once told another rep who questioned him about the proper paperwork needed for a certain type of account, "Go see Beth. She knows all that better than I do."

And our admin staff sometimes complains to me that a couple of other so-called assistants continually turn in paperwork that is missing information or is just plain incorrectly done and then expects them to correct it for them. I don't do that. Well, I usually don't make mistakes lol but if I do, I don't expect anyone to fix it for me.

Ok, think I'll go rip more paper now.
BethG
BethG
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  24Penguins Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:12 am

heh, i dont blame you for not wanting to fix all their mistakes!!!! assholes!

hehe, you go rip that paper!!!!!
24Penguins
24Penguins
Parentiseaholic
Parentiseaholic

Number of posts : 2661
Loyalty Rating : 18793
Registration date : 2008-09-11

http://www.myspace.com/24penguins

Back to top Go down

Post  Helen Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:46 pm

Aww Beth !!!! Thats so not fair !!!
Helen
Helen
Rocket Fingers!!
Rocket Fingers!!

Number of posts : 1789
Loyalty Rating : 17668
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post  kellybean Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:13 pm

So is there anyway for you to become part of the "sales" where you could get the commission? Is there turn over there?
Would you want that role?
They really should compensate you a different way, for one your not taking the health care and for two you don't get the full commission. Do you have an HR department you could take this up with at your next review?

Is it just your position, or do other positions get comm?

I've got lotsa paper here to shred!!
kellybean
kellybean
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Number of posts : 173
Loyalty Rating : 17032
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Lou Lou Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:12 pm

this makes me so mad!
Beth, I used to work in insurance, etc. (sounds similar to what you do) and I was constantly winning trips and cool gifts that my boss was rewarded with! In all the years I was there he never once considered giving anything to me. It was frustrating. He also made a point to tell me one time that I would be great as "the boss" one day and so I started studying for a placement test. I passed it and all I needed was to be referred by someone in the business (he was the perfect person to do this) and he told them I couldn't handle it. I questioned him about this and he said he did it because then he would have to replace me and he didn't want to lose me!

I quit within days of discovering this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WORK SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All this to say - I'm sorry you're feeling frustrated!

Lou Lou
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1345
Loyalty Rating : 20271
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  BethG Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:50 pm

Lou Lou, yeah my boss has been travelled on trips around the world, literally. I'm not saying he couldn't have earned them without me, because he did go on quite a few before I started working for him. Now he just doesn't worry about his clients so much, knowing that I'm in the office taking care of things. We're both Investment Advisors Representatives -- investments and life insurance.

kellybean, it's a bit of a unique situation. I'm actually an employee of my boss. He pays me a salary out of his own pocket. He provides with a retirement plan that he contributes to as well. And he even provided me with health insurance but I told him to cancel it once I got married and on MrG's plan. It was only a couple of years ago that he paid for all my licensing classes and started letting me get a small part of the commission, which was actually just taking money from his pocket. So he's a great boss, aside from that I know way too much about his personal life, lol. It's HIS bosses who are idiots. I'm a valuable person when it suits THEM but easily ignored when it comes to other things. It's mostly just an ego thing with me, I guess. I do know that the other two assistants in the agency are not compensated anywhere near what I make and they are not licensed. Can't say if the agency or the agents pay them.

Guess unless I want to go along with their quota rules, I don't have a whole lot to say....but I'll still complain every now and then!

PS: heh, heh, I just emailed the manager and innocently asked where my last year sales figures were (since they weren't included with everyone else's). Also noticed I was only cc'd on the email....you know, because I'm "only" an assistant. Whoops, there goes my ego again.......
BethG
BethG
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  BethG Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:50 pm

Got a reply on my email:

Beth,

I sent info on this contest to you in your role as Al's assistant, so that you would know what he needs to achieve to gain extra recognition and be able to continue to help him succeed.

I didn't include your numbers since this is a sales contest and your contract does not allow you to market products or services.
BULLSHIT!

I stopped short of writing a terse reply. Feeling pissed off again.

OHHH! I just remembered I HAVE turned in time-sensitive account applications with me only listed as Rep. because Al was out of town. We just added him later. How does Mr. Manager explain that one, huh?

I guess I'm just a bitch today.
BethG
BethG
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  Angel Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:03 pm

I am sorry for what you're going through Beth.I am also sorry to say I do not understand why you cannot be part of this if you indeed sell,Just because of your contract,also why can't they give you a contract which allows this? I am sorry if I am being ignorant it just seems stupid if you do it anyway ?

I am sending you hugs.It's just another day...Things wont seem so bad tommorow!Go home and watch a nice movie with hubby or something that makes you laugh and maybe? A glass of wine? xxx
Angel
Angel
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2197
Loyalty Rating : 21322
Registration date : 2008-09-09

https://parentise.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily*Blossom Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:40 pm

Girl, your situation sounds absolutely maddening. I would see what you can do to make yourself part of that commission contest, YOU DESERVE it.
Lily*Blossom
Lily*Blossom

Number of posts : 1880
Loyalty Rating : 20880

Back to top Go down

Post  BethG Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:58 pm

I know it's a bit confusing to all of you....sorry about that. Mostly I just needed a vent space.

I pulled my contract and read through it and couldn't find any anti-selling clause in it. That's just ridiculous and counter-indicative anyway. I was going to email the manager again and ask him (politely, lol) to point out that part but decided to hold off. I'm having lunch tomorrow with a good friend (former co-worker) and he asked to see the contract himself.

Like I said, i'm not going to win the contest anyway and don't particularly even want the prize (weekend trip for two to Chicago --- I hate Chicago). But as my boss Al says, "Show me the Green!" Yeah, I'd take some cash.....
BethG
BethG
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  dolly's momma Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:42 am

Awww Beth, I feel for you, sometimes working with people just plain sucks. Did you know we moved here from Northern Indiana - where we lived for six LONG years? We like to call our relocation to Arizona our 'escape from Hoosier Hell' (sorry, but that's the truth).

I never had employment issues before or after Indiana -- but had nonstop ones the whole time we were there. And alot of it was 'knowing my place' type of things similar to what you are talking about. Very frustrating, especially when the one you actually work for is not part of the problem, but the problem circumvents him!

***Update. After this last night I had a nightmare about my last job in Indiana lol. Basically I got a 'friend' a job working in my department who was underqualified but I spent alot of time training her so she could do it. She spent alot of time smoozing with my boss and was well on her way to taking my job from me when we left there......
Oh yeah, that is what really happened, not my nightmare lol.
dolly's momma
dolly's momma
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Number of posts : 566
Loyalty Rating : 18395
Registration date : 2008-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post  BethG Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:30 pm

Well I sent an email to the manager this afternoon asking him to kindly point out in my contract where I am prohibited from selling/marketing. (it doesn't, duh). Awaiting a response. Yeah, I'm sure he'll jump right on that.

dolly's momma, sorry you didn't have a good time in Hoosier-land! I'm Hoosier-raised but Michigan-born so maybe I can distance myself just a little bit, lol.
BethG
BethG
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  BethG Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:25 pm

Well MrManager still hasn't responded to my email....and I 'm pretty sure he won't. He's avoiding the issue.

I told my boss Al that I was going to send MrManager another email on Friday and say that I had a chance to sell a life insurance policy on my own but since he never got back to me about the whole "selling" issue, I lost the case. Al's a bit hesitant on that idea, but I said if there's money involved, then it might get MrManager's attention.

We have to go through our semi-annual client file compliance check soon. I am not excluded from this check. Thought I'd present my contract to our compliance guy and ask him to show me where it says I can't sell. Al liked that idea better, lol.

Al says I have a bit of devil in me!

EQUALITY FOR WOMEN!
BethG
BethG
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  Angel Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:54 pm

bETH GOOD FOR YOU!!!DONT BE BEATEN DOWN!!! fyi,I also think you have a little devil in you!...I love it lol
Angel
Angel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily*Blossom Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:21 pm

Beth, I am extremely proud of you. Keep going. The squeaky wheel gets the grease.
Lily*Blossom
Lily*Blossom

Back to top Go down

Post  Angel Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:05 pm

Princess_Longbottom wrote:Beth, I am extremely proud of you. Keep going. The squeaky wheel gets the grease.

Wow I had not heard that before Tiff,thats deep! lol I will use it for sure!
Angel
Angel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily*Blossom Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:12 pm

It's sort of an old fashioned thing to say. My grandfather always said that Smile/happy
Lily*Blossom
Lily*Blossom

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum