Parent Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 185 on Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:41 pm
Just popped in

Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

Comments: 0

Anyone still here?

Tue May 17, 2011 11:39 am by MommaBear

Comments: 7

Latest topics
» Kerala Flats: “An Abode Built In Harmony”
Dairy (including egg) Free Diary EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 7:04 am by jesobere

» So who is who?
Dairy (including egg) Free Diary EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 4:39 am by Nikki985

» Pregnant!!
Dairy (including egg) Free Diary EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 8:03 pm by mscherry42

» Anyone else in the TWW?
Dairy (including egg) Free Diary EmptyWed May 22, 2013 7:40 am by Nelli2013

» Just popped in
Dairy (including egg) Free Diary EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

» Organic Baby Products - For my Baby!!!!!!!!
Dairy (including egg) Free Diary EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 1:49 am by sarahgreen

» On to #3!!
Dairy (including egg) Free Diary EmptyThu May 17, 2012 2:53 pm by Angel

» Nexplanon implant
Dairy (including egg) Free Diary EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 2:04 pm by lindzee

» TTC'rs ,Charters and Chart Cheerleaders! 2010~
Dairy (including egg) Free Diary EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 1:57 pm by lindzee

Gallery

Dairy (including egg) Free Diary Empty
Statistics
We have 90 registered users
The newest registered user is galaxy1981

Our users have posted a total of 28198 messages in 1516 subjects
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

Dairy (including egg) Free Diary

2 posters

Go down

Dairy (including egg) Free Diary Empty Dairy (including egg) Free Diary

Post  Angel Sun Nov 16, 2008 9:20 am

Ok,so as some of you may be aware,my son has been (for quite a while now) displaying symptoms of ADHD and possibaly aspergers.He has NO coping skills when it comes to the tiniest little upset he looses his mind,he cannot follow orders ,threats,please,punishment of all forms do not work for more than a few minutes.I have read all the supernanny books,the 1-2-3 magic and many more.I have researched and studied. Now from some of the better ADHD books I have read,instead of insisting on a diagnosis and selling the 'benifits' of drugs.The one looks at ALL possible avenues.The main thing I have found that a lot of these 'aleternative' books have in common is that diet can cause the exact symptoms of ADHD,along with other things or by itself.Some children when properly tested were found to be lactose intollerent.Others were being exposed to too much lead from one source or another when they have the levels tested.Point being here.For a HUGE amount of children,these things will go untested and the child will simply be diagnosed with AD/HD and given medication.I may have mentioned to you guys,but before hallowe'en,I spent 4-5 weeks trying a 'no sugar,no red/blue colourants' approach.I did not really obsevre a change at all.

NOw,after much gearing myself up,I am going to try the non dairy diet for about 6 weeks.I am supposed to keep a daily diary of the diet and the behaviour along with any other factors so that I can note any changes in behaviour.I have decided to keep it on here.One so that I remember to do it and also so that any other mothers perhaps with the same problem,can read this and MAYBE gain from it.Either way I will leave it a loose topic and update it as often as I can...I do not expect anyone to follow along as it's mainly for me but if you want to thats fine as well!

Day 1

Replacing cows milk with rice milk. Excluding from diet; eggs,cows milk,yoghurts,sour cream,butter,cheese and as much as I can see that contain any of these things.

General behaviour; Unable to follow simple commands,such as leaving his sister alone and having to repeat myself.
Behaviour rating 1-10 (1 being awful and 10 being fantastic)
Observations: He currently has a cold and is taking multi vitamins with omega 3

Breakfast; one bowl cheerios with rice milk
morning snack; popcorn
Angel
Angel
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2197
Loyalty Rating : 21322
Registration date : 2008-09-09

https://parentise.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Dairy (including egg) Free Diary Empty Re: Dairy (including egg) Free Diary

Post  Angel Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:10 pm

Kinda fell off the wagon a bit,accidently gave him something with cream in it sunday evening,yesterday hubby promisedhim pizza for being good at the doctors.so we're back to the beggining.Anyway,we'll be starting it again probably tommorow as soon as he's recovered a little bit.
Angel
Angel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  crazymomwife Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:05 pm

Hey, I would love to chat with you about this. I have a child who has been diagnosed with aspergers, and so I am very familiar with this, he also has OCD worrying. I also have a different child who had alot of anger issues, and I tried the no RED 40 and have had major results. I didn't believe it for a long time and felt when someone told me, that he didn't really get that much. I was thinking that I really don't buy alot of processed foods, we really don't eat much candy etc...but when I decided to really pay attention to it, I was shocked at how much things had it in it. Regular yogurts, chocolate pudding, Cinnimon Life cereal, only to name a few. We have had such great results that my little monster (hee hee) now checks for himself because he knows how much better he feels with out it. Just recently we had total proof. He had been doing so good in school, I mean for him. He had gone 22 days with earning his stickers (he is in kindergaten) everyday. He was just so happy and positive. THen he got strep throat. He missed a week and half of school. When he went back he had two horrible awful days again, anger out bursts, hitting etc... Then things calmed down again. I first chocked it up to just getting back into the swing of things after missing for so long and then boom, it hit me!!! He had been on the antibiotic those 10 days, while he was sick and those two days at school! Pink, amoxacillin. IT HAS RED DYE IN IT!!! I was shocked. Poor kid.
I am so convinced now. He is certainly not perfect but he can think clearly, he can listen and have rational conversations etc.
Let me know what experience you have. I am interested in all of it. Diet is so key for some of these kids.
Crystal
crazymomwife
crazymomwife

Number of posts : 25
Loyalty Rating : 16985
Registration date : 2008-10-27

http://www.kcnykreim.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Angel Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:48 pm

wow thanks Crystal.So two have aspergers...? I have not had any offcial diagnosis,The behaviour mirrors ADHD exactly and aspergers in SOME aspects,the poor coing sills,anger and rustration over really simple,fixable not big deals and when he gets sick he has NO coping skills at ALL!it's exausting.now when I said I cut out red dyes and sugar.We don;t (or he doesnt at least) have THAT much,but I wasn't scrutinising the backs of cans/lables too much,I was just looking at the obvious stuff.I would still allow things like honey and I didn't follow a guidline.I guess I didnt' really have one for the diet you speak of.What to look for.If you have a list of things that might really help me look out for things more.Seeing as I didn;t see an improvment after a month I just figured we'd move onto dairy,once again I didn't realise how much stuff actually had dairy in it orat least some kind of lactose powder until I started this.It's way harder than I thought.If you have some more info as to what food have what in,I would love it,especially if it save me label reading time.

Thanks again for your input!
Angel
Angel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content