Parent Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 12 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 12 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 185 on Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:41 pm
Just popped in

Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

Comments: 0

Anyone still here?

Tue May 17, 2011 11:39 am by MommaBear

Comments: 7

Latest topics
» Kerala Flats: “An Abode Built In Harmony”
Toddler And Up! EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 7:04 am by jesobere

» So who is who?
Toddler And Up! EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 4:39 am by Nikki985

» Pregnant!!
Toddler And Up! EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 8:03 pm by mscherry42

» Anyone else in the TWW?
Toddler And Up! EmptyWed May 22, 2013 7:40 am by Nelli2013

» Just popped in
Toddler And Up! EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

» Organic Baby Products - For my Baby!!!!!!!!
Toddler And Up! EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 1:49 am by sarahgreen

» On to #3!!
Toddler And Up! EmptyThu May 17, 2012 2:53 pm by Angel

» Nexplanon implant
Toddler And Up! EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 2:04 pm by lindzee

» TTC'rs ,Charters and Chart Cheerleaders! 2010~
Toddler And Up! EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 1:57 pm by lindzee

Gallery

Toddler And Up! Empty
Statistics
We have 90 registered users
The newest registered user is galaxy1981

Our users have posted a total of 28198 messages in 1516 subjects
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

Toddler And Up!

+4
dolly's momma
Helen
Mum of jj
Angel
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Toddler And Up! Empty Toddler And Up!

Post  Angel Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:37 am

OK,so this one was requested by Helen for any of us mums who have toddlers or school aged children.I will be posting in here for sure!

Last edited by Angel on Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Angel
Angel
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2197
Loyalty Rating : 21322
Registration date : 2008-09-09

https://parentise.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Toddler And Up! Empty Re: Toddler And Up!

Post  Mum of jj Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:50 pm

Yep me too, lets get this thread started!
well my toddler is Jesse James, he turned 3 on sept 5th and is a very independent and strong minded little boy. We clash big time and he will stand there and argue back with me to my face, if he doesnt want to do something or wants something and i dont agree all hell breaks loose. Im sure the neighbours sit there and laugh! His new word he likes using is the "F" word, he was having a Milo with us before and it was dribbling down the side of his cup and he turned round to mum and said "oh crap its f**king spilling everywhere" I just stood there open mouthed, mum lost it and nearly pissed her pants! I dont swear around the kids at all, but i had to give him points for using it appropriatly!
As gorgeous as he is, he is full on but i still love him to bits (mostly when he is sleeping!)
Mum of jj
Mum of jj

Number of posts : 622
Loyalty Rating : 17613
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Helen Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:19 am

Aww thanks hun !!!! I really appreciate this Smile/happy
Helen
Helen
Rocket Fingers!!
Rocket Fingers!!

Number of posts : 1789
Loyalty Rating : 17668
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Helen Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:21 am

Yaaaaay!! Ryan has got his FIRST school photo today !!!! Can't WAIT to see how it turned out and if he smiled or not lol !!!
Helen
Helen
Rocket Fingers!!
Rocket Fingers!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Mum of jj Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:23 am

awww, be sure to show us, they are so cute when they first start school! I hope he has smiled for you!
Mum of jj
Mum of jj

Back to top Go down

Post  Helen Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:16 am

Well he did kinda smile lol, will have to work out how to get it on here lol !!!
Helen
Helen
Rocket Fingers!!
Rocket Fingers!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Helen Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:05 am

Ryan went back to school today after having thursday and Friday off, we took him back to the docs Thursday just gone and his cold etc had moved to his chest slightly so kept him off to make sure he had all his right amount of antibiotics etc, he seems better today in himself, although when ill his behaviour suffers Cry He can be a lil sod at times when hes ill lol !!!
But he seems fine in himself so hes gone off to school happy bless him !!!
Helen
Helen
Rocket Fingers!!
Rocket Fingers!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Mum of jj Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:50 am

awww, helen, im so happy that Ryan is doing better, its awful when they are sick, ya just feel so helpless. as for them playing us when they are sick, its normal! you should see mine!
Mum of jj
Mum of jj

Back to top Go down

Post  Angel Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:21 am

Glad to hear Ryan is doing better,it's SO awful when they are ill isn't it.Breaks my heart.Well,Teo keot hubby up last night all night,(hubby slept downstairs coz he needs to sleep when he goes in to work) Ironic how he slept way less then he would have in our room!LOL.anywaymhe was complaining of his runny nose all night ,he FREAKS out when he's sickthen this mornig he said his tummy and head hurt HOWEVER,i msut tell you he is a HUGE drama queen and it's entirely possible that he made it up.He seems fine now! :x

anyway,we'll see how he is tonight!
Angel
Angel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Helen Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:28 pm

Aww bless him, Ryans now at the end of his antibiotics, he now seems to have a stuffy nose Cry that may be because he is playing outside all wrapped up in the cold lol !! Have tried calling him inbut no hes happy, still the fresh air may halpe him sleep lol !!! His behaviour seems to be improving as well where he is getting better, he still has the odd strop when he can't have his own way, but he seems easier to control when he is having a stop lol !!!
Helen
Helen
Rocket Fingers!!
Rocket Fingers!!

Back to top Go down

Post  dolly's momma Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:43 am

Okay, 9 and 11 are a little old for toddler .... but those two are driving me insane!!!!

This is the 2nd week of their two week (crazy I know) fall break from school, so boredom has set in. On the other hand, they are going to camp for the week end on Friday (If they live that long) and they are both so worked up and excited they are practically vibrating!!!
This is on top of Lucy being fussy every moment she is awake. I am this close to snapping.......... :angry:
dolly's momma
dolly's momma
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Number of posts : 566
Loyalty Rating : 18395
Registration date : 2008-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Helen Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:37 pm

Aww hun !! I'm sorry, I hate holidays as well lol, the boredom seems to set in rather quickly lol !!!
Helen
Helen
Rocket Fingers!!
Rocket Fingers!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Helen Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:28 am

Well we are still waiting for his school photos to arrive, think they may be waiting for everyone so they can be sure have got all orders!!!!

He also has another cough, so hoping it doesn't develop like it did last time !!!
Helen
Helen
Rocket Fingers!!
Rocket Fingers!!

Back to top Go down

Post  24Penguins Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:47 am

i hope he feels better soon!!! poor guy!

are you gonna show us his school pictures when you get them? i bet they are going to be so cute, i LOVE the picture in your avatar! hes just an adorable little boy!
24Penguins
24Penguins
Parentiseaholic
Parentiseaholic

Number of posts : 2661
Loyalty Rating : 18793

http://www.myspace.com/24penguins

Back to top Go down

Post  Helen Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:12 pm

I will have to try and scan them in I think lol !!
Helen
Helen
Rocket Fingers!!
Rocket Fingers!!

Back to top Go down

Post  24Penguins Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:20 pm

look forward to it!!
24Penguins
24Penguins
Parentiseaholic
Parentiseaholic

Number of posts : 2661
Loyalty Rating : 18793

http://www.myspace.com/24penguins

Back to top Go down

Post  Helen Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:44 pm

Aww!!!
Helen
Helen
Rocket Fingers!!
Rocket Fingers!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Helen Sat Oct 18, 2008 4:17 am

Well he still hasn't come home with his photos so hopefully in the next week he will, they have been naking biscuits this week and trying popcorn, they are trying different flavours and foods at school Smile/happy
The biscuits were apple and cinamon but they didn't taste very appley or cinamony lol !!! Still he enjoyed makin g and eating them lol !!!
Helen
Helen
Rocket Fingers!!
Rocket Fingers!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Helen Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:07 am

Ryan was so chuffed yesterday !!! He came home from School with Tiny Ted !!!! Its a lil bear that comes to a new house every day with one of the kids in the class. They have to do lots of things with Tiny Ted and then write about it in Tiny Teds diary, they can also draw pictures in there and stick in photos. Hes also got a lil special bed to sleep in at night!!!
Quite a cute thing to do really !!!!
But ryan loved having Tiny Ted to stay bless him !!!
Helen
Helen
Rocket Fingers!!
Rocket Fingers!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Helen Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:09 am

Ryans on half term this week, so finding lots of things to do to amuse him in this cold weather !!!
Helen
Helen
Rocket Fingers!!
Rocket Fingers!!

Back to top Go down

Toddler And Up! Empty m kids!!!!!!!!

Post  sharon_c Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:05 pm

ive got a 3 year old tonishia whos 4 this year starts school, and a 1 year old who is 2 this year, and trust me do i no shes turning 2, terrible 2's are kicking in already, shes hard work, shes got this mad habit of rubbing milk of all things into my chocolate brown carpet, hehe, i love them both like crazy tho, i need to get me some photos up here, sorry im new to this site signed up about 2 minutes aho so u gotto let me get the hang of it hehe
sharon_c
sharon_c

Number of posts : 14
Loyalty Rating : 16154
Registration date : 2009-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post  Angel Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:24 am

Welcome Sharon C,you may find you get more response in one of the opther threads,but of course you are welcoe to post anywhere you like.Cant wait to see some pics of your kiddies Smile/happy
Angel
Angel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  galaxy Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:08 am

Just wondering about sleeping habits for those of you who have toddlers approx Molly's age! I am going out of my mind here. I had the perfect sleeper until she was one, where she would go in her cot awake, I would leave her and she would just go to sleep. Then she just started to scream and end up making herself vomit so we got into a really bad habit of pushing her in her puschair to get her to sleep and then transfer her to her cot. A few months down the line we thought that she would be happier having her cot changed to a bed so we did that and put a bed guard on and although she doesn't scream, she just thinks that bed time is a big game! It takes her between 1hr (if we're lucky) and 2 hrs to go to sleep! With a new baby on the way, I am desperate to nip this in the bud but being so sick, I don't have the energy to keep going back into her room to put her back into bed. I'm not sure if we should change the bed back to a cot and just let her cry or what we should do! I know we have made a rod for our own backs but this kind of stems from my ppd as I would start to get very paranoid when she cried, I used to think she was going to die or something!
galaxy
galaxy
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Number of posts : 768
Loyalty Rating : 19701

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/12fd6f

Back to top Go down

Toddler And Up! Empty help!

Post  sharon_c Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:12 pm

i have a 1 year old girl her names rosie (2 in november) she is such a good girl, but recently she wont eat any proper food, and refuses healthy foods such as fruit and vegetable! ive tried cutting them into shapes and eating them with her but it doesnt work! any ideas on how to get her eating them?? also she has started to scream alot and completly ignore anything i say to her, (that may sound a bit wierd considering her age but shes actually very ahead of her age) she understands when i tell her no and tell her to stop doing something, but she chooses to ignore me, she has started to smack me and her dad to, and throw things and she hurts her cusion who is 7 weeks younger than her, can somebody please give me some advice because im startin to feel like a bit of a failure!!!!!!! HELP! Cry
sharon_c
sharon_c

Back to top Go down

Post  sharon_c Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:19 pm

galaxy wrote:Just wondering about sleeping habits for those of you who have toddlers approx Molly's age! I am going out of my mind here. I had the perfect sleeper until she was one, where she would go in her cot awake, I would leave her and she would just go to sleep. Then she just started to scream and end up making herself vomit so we got into a really bad habit of pushing her in her puschair to get her to sleep and then transfer her to her cot. A few months down the line we thought that she would be happier having her cot changed to a bed so we did that and put a bed guard on and although she doesn't scream, she just thinks that bed time is a big game! It takes her between 1hr (if we're lucky) and 2 hrs to go to sleep! With a new baby on the way, I am desperate to nip this in the bud but being so sick, I don't have the energy to keep going back into her room to put her back into bed. I'm not sure if we should change the bed back to a cot and just let her cry or what we should do! I know we have made a rod for our own backs but this kind of stems from my ppd as I would start to get very paranoid when she cried, I used to think she was going to die or something!

first of all how far along are uin your pregnancy? and congrats on that, it doesnt hurt a child to cry although it drives u insane hearing them so distraught and it can be upsettin knowing there crying and your not responding, but in my opinion it sounds like your little one knows that once she is awake and realises noone is in the room with her, she crys.. and im guessin your automatic reaction is to go and see to her, which is what she is expecting, try leaving her for 10 minutes before u go and check on her, dont lift her from her bed, personally i would change her back to her cot, to stop her climbing from it, but leave her to cry for 10 minutes, and gradually extend the time so try 10 minutes 1 week then 15 the week after and so on, if she knows u are not going to respond to her when she crys she wont do it, and will eventually fall back to sleep, (well this is what i did with my 1 yr old) and now she sleep 12+ a night, but then all kids are different, any ways i hope all goes well for u and your birth, and good luck on this subject its always a toughy when it comes to childrens sleep patterns, but i would say somewhere along the lines her routine has been messed up somehow, just remember when u go into her bedroom, dont switch on her bed room light and dont pick her up, just tuck her in the bed kiss her and walk out again and if she starts to cry again repeat the process, leave her to cry for 10 mins, n then repeat it, good luck again xx
sharon_c
sharon_c

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum