Parent Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 185 on Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:41 pm
Just popped in

Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

Comments: 0

Anyone still here?

Tue May 17, 2011 11:39 am by MommaBear

Comments: 7

Latest topics
» Kerala Flats: “An Abode Built In Harmony”
Hubby has some old wives' tales which he believes... GRRRR! EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 7:04 am by jesobere

» So who is who?
Hubby has some old wives' tales which he believes... GRRRR! EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 4:39 am by Nikki985

» Pregnant!!
Hubby has some old wives' tales which he believes... GRRRR! EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 8:03 pm by mscherry42

» Anyone else in the TWW?
Hubby has some old wives' tales which he believes... GRRRR! EmptyWed May 22, 2013 7:40 am by Nelli2013

» Just popped in
Hubby has some old wives' tales which he believes... GRRRR! EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

» Organic Baby Products - For my Baby!!!!!!!!
Hubby has some old wives' tales which he believes... GRRRR! EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 1:49 am by sarahgreen

» On to #3!!
Hubby has some old wives' tales which he believes... GRRRR! EmptyThu May 17, 2012 2:53 pm by Angel

» Nexplanon implant
Hubby has some old wives' tales which he believes... GRRRR! EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 2:04 pm by lindzee

» TTC'rs ,Charters and Chart Cheerleaders! 2010~
Hubby has some old wives' tales which he believes... GRRRR! EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 1:57 pm by lindzee

Gallery

Hubby has some old wives' tales which he believes... GRRRR! Empty
Statistics
We have 90 registered users
The newest registered user is galaxy1981

Our users have posted a total of 28198 messages in 1516 subjects
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

Hubby has some old wives' tales which he believes... GRRRR!

+3
Angel
Lou Lou
Lily*Blossom
7 posters

Go down

Hubby has some old wives' tales which he believes... GRRRR! Empty Hubby has some old wives' tales which he believes... GRRRR!

Post  Lily*Blossom Sun Sep 14, 2008 12:32 pm

OK, so my DH LOVES our daughter, but he has some really stupid ideas about certain things. Here it goes.
1) He thinks that if he puts our daughter in any sports like volleyball, basketball, soccer, ect, that she will automatically grow to be boob-less, tall, gangly, and man like. I told him that there is no hope that she will be short, he is nearly 6 ft 5 inches, I am just over 5 ft 7. I also told him that GENETICS determines a person's height, not the sport they play. I told him there were plenty of short curvy volleyball players in my high school.

2) When LM was born, he told me NEVER to pat her back when burping her, just to rub, because if I pat, then it will make her back crooked. WTF? One day, I caught him patting away while burping her, and I totally called him on it!! He felt so dumb, and I felt so happy! Ha Ha! Been patting away ever since, and her back is still as straight as narrow.

3) So LM is ill with a cold and an eye sty, and he told me that it is because of the air conditioner in our house blowing dirty air around. She and I both became ill after swimming in a pool in our apartment complex that was recently closed because the chlorine levels were too low, so I KNOW that's why we are ill. He tells me to keep the air conditioning off but HELLO! I am not gonna turn it off when it is over 100 F degrees here!

4) He told me to NEVER put her on her stomach for any amount of time. Not even to let her sleep on my chest, not on a mat while I am in the room, NO TUMMY TIME. It is only until recently that I noticed her head wasn't as round as it once was that I asked her doctor, and her doctor explained to him that babies need tummy time, it is really important, so they don't get flat heads, and so they learn to roll over. HE thought she would roll from her back to tummy first, when in fact, her doctor said that babies roll from tummy to back first. He finally said to me the other day, that he knows his son (my step-son) has a bit of a flat head now, and was like,"Poor thing, me and his mother didn't know any better."

5) We had almost a screaming argument about starting her on rice cereal at 4 months. She was waking up WAY too much, not napping well, ect. Now she takes 3 naps a day, and sleeps 6 hour stretches. She is a BIG girl. She was 17 pounds, 12 ounces at her 4 month check up, so nearly 18 flipping pounds! Formula alone was not sustaining her. He was telling me that she could become very ill, and never poop again or something if we give her solid foods before 6 months, that he waited until his son was EXACTLY 6 months before giving him solids and what not. GUESS WHAT?? She didn't die, and she LOVES to eat her baby food.

6) Another thing that bothers me which isn't child related. In November of 2007, he bought his uncles GMC Jimmy for 1000 USD. His uncle said that it had over heated and that he had to put coolant in it every time he started it up to drive it, because it was over heating. My dad and Uncle fix cars, and I, even as a WOMAN, know that once the car has over heated, it usually blows a head gasket, which is SO expensive to fix, because you have to take the whole engine apart to get to it. I told my husband that I did not want that car, he bought it anyway, and sure enough the freaking head gasket was blown, and he did not have the means to fix it, so we had to sell it at a lower price.

THEN he used the money from the sale of the car to buy a freaking AUDI TT, which is a sports car, with a back seat that is pretty much irrelevant because I had to sit Indian Style hunched over the front seat to even sit back there, and the car seat wasn't fitting back there, so it had to go in the front seat with the air bag turned OFF, which I did not like at all. This car had over 100,000 miles on it, and about 5 months after we bought it, all this crap had to be fixed on it, and it would have cost more than we owed on the car loan just to fix it completely. So we ended up trading it in for a brand new Toyota Scion, which of course we had to roll the remainder of our AUDI loan into the new car loan, so we have a pretty expensive car payment now.

It seems that my husband doesn't listen to me, that he asks my opinion, and when we don't agree, he does what he wants anyway, and then later on I have the opportunity to say," I freaking told you so, why didn't you listen to me?"

Then he gets really mad. I probably shouldn't say,"I told you so," but it just gets so frustrating when he doesn't listen to me.

He is starting to learn his lesson now, and take my opinion into consideration more, but some old wives tales he just doesn't get out of his freaking head.

Last edited by Princess_Longbottom on Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lily*Blossom
Lily*Blossom

Number of posts : 1880
Loyalty Rating : 20925
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Back to top Go down

Hubby has some old wives' tales which he believes... GRRRR! Empty Re: Hubby has some old wives' tales which he believes... GRRRR!

Post  Lou Lou Sun Sep 14, 2008 12:39 pm

I was laughing out loud while I read this because I am sooo mad at my DH I could spit and it just goes to show that MEN DON"T HAVE A CLUE!!!!!!

AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

I totally get where you are coming from and while I have no real solution or helpful tidbits of information to pass along I just wanted you to know that you are not alone and we all have 'em!!!!

I was venting to a friend last night and she said, "I've thought about trading him in but then I realized I'd have to go through all of this crap again just to get to this point in a relationship! It isn't worth it!" (All in good fun, might I add!)

Men......

Lou Lou
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1345
Loyalty Rating : 20316

Back to top Go down

Hubby has some old wives' tales which he believes... GRRRR! Empty Re: Hubby has some old wives' tales which he believes... GRRRR!

Post  Angel Sun Sep 14, 2008 12:46 pm

Well,all I will say is,"sometimes my girlfriends look pretty tempting! Wink
Angel
Angel
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2197
Loyalty Rating : 21367
Registration date : 2008-09-09

https://parentise.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Lou Lou Sun Sep 14, 2008 12:48 pm

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Lou Lou
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1345
Loyalty Rating : 20316

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily*Blossom Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:03 pm

Lol Angel!!!!
Lily*Blossom
Lily*Blossom

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgi Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:24 pm

Tiff it must be his hungarian blood cos Rich is a complete know it all and it drives me crazy!!!

Rich got home from work once when Theo was still enjoying some tummy time (this is rare) and he went crazy at me making out I was some child abuser, well alright slightly exaggerating there but he did get all funny about it and said that you shouldn't allow babies to be in that position they could suffocate....what :scratch: I thought to myself what a plonker! I had to explain to him how important tummy time was but he didn't believe me until his sister agreed with me!! that made me even more angry!!!! (and anyway I was sat with Theo when he was on his tummy, it wasn't as if I had left him there whilst I went out shopping!!)
Georgi
Georgi
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2544
Loyalty Rating : 21420

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/Cleo

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily*Blossom Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:02 pm

Georgi, I swear it IS the Hungarian blood! My mother in law filled DH's head full of old wives tales, and he flipping believes them, it is SO annoying. My husband was also going on about SIDS, and I was like, WTF, I am RIGHT NEXT TO HER!
Lily*Blossom
Lily*Blossom

Back to top Go down

Post  Mum of jj Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:42 pm

ooohhhh this sounds all to familiar! lol
Mum of jj
Mum of jj

Number of posts : 622
Loyalty Rating : 17658
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Helen Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:56 am

Why can men never admit they are wrong at times lol !!!
Helen
Helen
Rocket Fingers!!
Rocket Fingers!!

Number of posts : 1789
Loyalty Rating : 17713
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Mum of jj Mon Sep 15, 2008 6:26 am

coa they always think they are right even when they are not, its a males perogitive!
Mum of jj
Mum of jj

Number of posts : 622
Loyalty Rating : 17658

Back to top Go down

Post  Helen Mon Sep 15, 2008 6:41 am

lol !!! Very true !!
Helen
Helen
Rocket Fingers!!
Rocket Fingers!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily*Blossom Mon Sep 15, 2008 6:47 pm

Rule #1: Daddy is always right

Rule#2: If Daddy is ever wrong, refer to rule #1.

:lol:
Lily*Blossom
Lily*Blossom

Back to top Go down

Post  24Penguins Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:34 pm

lol! thats so true (in their minds anyways HA!)

my grandma used to have a cross stitch that said that in her kitchen!

P.S. this is totally OT, but looking at all your avatars makes me feel like the ugly duckling!!! you ladies are all so GORGEOUS!!!!! i cant believe it, your all so pretty Smile/happy
24Penguins
24Penguins
Parentiseaholic
Parentiseaholic

Number of posts : 2661
Loyalty Rating : 18838

http://www.myspace.com/24penguins

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgi Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:59 am

and do you think we all pick just a random piccy??? no of course not we pick one where we feel we look mildy attractive LOL.............get a picture of yourself on here babe, I am certain you are no ugly duckling!!
Georgi
Georgi
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2544
Loyalty Rating : 21420

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/Cleo

Back to top Go down

Post  Helen Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:22 am

Yeah get a pic on girl !!
Helen
Helen
Rocket Fingers!!
Rocket Fingers!!

Back to top Go down

Post  24Penguins Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:54 am

haha, the only one i would put on is like 2 years old. it makes me look good, the rest suck Smile/happy
24Penguins
24Penguins
Parentiseaholic
Parentiseaholic

Number of posts : 2661
Loyalty Rating : 18838

http://www.myspace.com/24penguins

Back to top Go down

Post  Helen Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:16 am

lol !!!
Helen
Helen
Rocket Fingers!!
Rocket Fingers!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down