Parent Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 10 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 10 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 185 on Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:41 pm
Just popped in

Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

Comments: 0

Anyone still here?

Tue May 17, 2011 11:39 am by MommaBear

Comments: 7

Latest topics
» Kerala Flats: “An Abode Built In Harmony”
What do you love most about being a mummy? EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 7:04 am by jesobere

» So who is who?
What do you love most about being a mummy? EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 4:39 am by Nikki985

» Pregnant!!
What do you love most about being a mummy? EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 8:03 pm by mscherry42

» Anyone else in the TWW?
What do you love most about being a mummy? EmptyWed May 22, 2013 7:40 am by Nelli2013

» Just popped in
What do you love most about being a mummy? EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

» Organic Baby Products - For my Baby!!!!!!!!
What do you love most about being a mummy? EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 1:49 am by sarahgreen

» On to #3!!
What do you love most about being a mummy? EmptyThu May 17, 2012 2:53 pm by Angel

» Nexplanon implant
What do you love most about being a mummy? EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 2:04 pm by lindzee

» TTC'rs ,Charters and Chart Cheerleaders! 2010~
What do you love most about being a mummy? EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 1:57 pm by lindzee

Gallery

What do you love most about being a mummy? Empty
Statistics
We have 90 registered users
The newest registered user is galaxy1981

Our users have posted a total of 28198 messages in 1516 subjects
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

What do you love most about being a mummy?

+4
Lou Lou
skyllar
Ginny
Toffee
8 posters

Go down

What do you love most about being a mummy? Empty What do you love most about being a mummy?

Post  Toffee Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:27 pm

What do you love most about being a mummy?
Do you have any regrets; tried later, tried earlier?
How many kids do you want?

Toffee xxx

Last edited by Toffee on Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Toffee
Toffee
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1071
Loyalty Rating : 17995
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

What do you love most about being a mummy? Empty Re: What do you love most about being a mummy?

Post  Ginny Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:12 pm

hey Toffee!!

I absolutely LOVE being a mommy!!!!!! There is no other experience in the whole entire world that can ever compare to the first time I ever looked at my little boy. I remember saying "So you are the one who's been kicking me!" And he was the most beautiful thing I have ever seen in my life. It's been almost a year now!!!

The BEST thing about being a mom is just the look on his face when he sees me, the smiles, the laughs, the way he just says to me without saying a word how much I mean to him. Smile/happy

The only regret I have is that I didn't start sooner. I am 30 years old and I would have liked to have maybe one more. I have an 8 year old stepson as well who is my world!!! But, I would have liked to have maybe one more. But, I actually had selfish reasons, I was worried about my body and what would happen. I also was 23 when I became like a mom to Blaine, so I missed out on going out soem with friends so that's another reason I waited for Thane.

It was SOOOOOOOOOO worth it though, and I will never forget the magical experience of pregnancy and the closeness to Thane. Smile/happy And of course, my closeness to Blaine even though he wasn't in my tummy! Smile/happy
Ginny
Ginny
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1076
Loyalty Rating : 20128
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Back to top Go down

What do you love most about being a mummy? Empty Re: What do you love most about being a mummy?

Post  skyllar Sun Jan 11, 2009 6:44 pm

I also love being a mommy - although don't give me wrong, it is soooo hard sometimes. I haven't slept a night through since before I had Kian....

What I love most: I loved being pregnant actually and every second I had him in my tummy I loved. Then when he was born and I first saw him, that was magical. Now it is so wonderful when he looks at you while nursing, when he does something new, when he wakes up etc., when he smiles and laughs and he looks up to you because you mean the world to him right now. That's what's sooooo wonderful. Smile/happy Also seeing all the new stuff he learns, how is brain starts to figure things out - wonderful. Smile/happy

I regret a little bit that I also started late (I am 32 now and DH is older than me). Although looking back it was probably a great time: I am just about finished with my PhD, just got a new job etc. We could have not waited until we were completely financially etc. ready - so I think in retrospect, timing was fine. I do regret sometimes a tiny bit the age gap between DH and me seeing as his parents are almost the age of my grand-parents - so they are quite some older than my parents...so Kian has some older grand-parents on one side.

Ideally we would like two kids (maybe start TTC#2 as soon as this summer)...
skyllar
skyllar
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1593
Loyalty Rating : 21094
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Lou Lou Sun Jan 11, 2009 8:18 pm

Being a mom is the easiest and the hardest things I've ever done!!!! We have good days and bad days but the good days outweigh even the worst days!!!
I just feel so honored to have Owen in my life and have the opportunity to raise him. I love that I get to look into his eyes every morning and I love the way his face lights up when I walk into a room. My heart still skips a beat every time I look at him or think about him!

I have no regrets about when we had Owen. I always wanted children and would have been thrilled if we had had one earlier but the truth is - This was the right time in my life to have a baby. My DH and I had 8 years of married life before Owen was conceived and we've been able to travel and go and do just about everything we wanted to do!!!!

Lou Lou
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1345
Loyalty Rating : 20286

Back to top Go down

Post  dolly's momma Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:56 am

That smile on her face when she sees me just makes my heart leap for joy. I was never a baby person and worried the whole time I was pregnant I wouldn't do well with her, but I guess I was just wrong lol.

I know I am old, and sometyimes wisgh we had her years ago, but I think this is the right time for her to show up in our lives, so here she is!

To be totally honest we have struggled alot trying to get our adopted children to bond and become part of our family. We had just about given up on our adopted daughter, but Lucy has really changed things for our whole family. My older daughter has seen Lucy's unconditional love of her and now she suddenly is finally starting to get what it means. Lucy is the light of her life, and has probably saved her and our family.
dolly's momma
dolly's momma
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Number of posts : 566
Loyalty Rating : 18410
Registration date : 2008-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Angel Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:04 am

Wow,DM I was really tcouhed by what you wrote.It's as if Lucy came along for a reason!It's a lovely story ,although it cant have been east for you it's like the bond is finally there and thats lovely! You have a beautiful and dare I say complete familY! Smile/happy
Angel
Angel
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2197
Loyalty Rating : 21337
Registration date : 2008-09-09

https://parentise.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily*Blossom Mon Jan 12, 2009 11:31 am

Toffee... I really love being a mommy. It's hard work, I feel tired a lot, but it's just the most unselfish thing someone could ever do. To look at that baby and know that it is a part of you, and that she is here because you made the choice to bring her here... it's amazing. I look at her everyday, and she is so beautiful, I just can't believe she is mine.

I was a nanny for a few families in the past, and when I would watch their babies or kids I would just think that I was not ready to give up my independence and freedom to sleep whenever I want, leave whenever I want, ect. But now that I have LM, it does not feel like a chore or anything to look after her. It is like a totally natural thing, a complete part of my life, and I honestly don't remember what it is like to be in a state of mind of not being responsible for her. I can remember when I wasn't a mummy, but not worrying about her and thinking about her is impossible, it's like breathing.

She brings so much love and light to my life. I definitely want 2 more kids. If I have a boy next, I will probably be tempted to be done, since I'll have one of each, but for some reason I have this intuition that there are two more kids that need to come into our family. I would welcome more than two if if felt right, and I was feeling up to it, although, I am not really interested in having kids after 35. I want my kids to be grown and moved out so I can retire and enjoy that part of my life. I have a brother who is 9, and my Mom is going to be 52 this year, and I know that she is tired Smile/happy There isn't anything wrong with having kids later on, I just personally don't want to wait too long to get them all born into this world. We are spacing them 2 1/2 years apart, and that's good for us.
Lily*Blossom
Lily*Blossom

Number of posts : 1880
Loyalty Rating : 20895

Back to top Go down

Post  dolly's momma Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:48 pm

Angel wrote:It's as if Lucy came along for a reason!Smile/happy

My husband and I both feel that way too Angel.
dolly's momma
dolly's momma
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Number of posts : 566
Loyalty Rating : 18410
Registration date : 2008-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Toffee Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:00 pm

Such lovely replies mummy's :-)
Toffee
Toffee
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  Angel Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:04 pm

Well,I think I remember for the first time with Teo,when I had no one else.I felt alone,let down,dumped on and I guess doomed to never have another 'boyfriend' or anything like that at the time.One night I was in my room crying,he was about 10 months old.I used to have him sleep in the bed with me coz it was less lonely.He must have heard me crying,althoughhe couldnt speak.He crawled over to me (I was trying to be quiet) and layed over me,put his arms around me (as much as a 10 month old should) and he was holding me so tight.It's the closest I've come to beleiving in angels.I remember all the sadness leaving my body and just felt his love and thought to myself 'thats enough being silly,don't make him the parent' but it was magical to have a baby seemingly comprehend your sadness and want to comfort you in such a profound way without using words.That was the first and closest connection I had had with him to date!It was lovely!Also I loved the way he used to miss prounounce words.My favourite was 'mess you' instead of 'love you'
LOL!

With Tia I love at the moment,is how she grins so wide when she see's me.It's like her face would split!LOL.She gets so happy and excited to see me and she flaps her arms and legs and grins!It's such a lovely feeling to have people get so excited about your presence.Also the way she touches my face when I nurse her sometimes is very sweet.Its moments like all of the above that mae the sleeples nights,tantrums and extra poop,worhtwhile! Smile/happy
Angel
Angel
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2197
Loyalty Rating : 21337
Registration date : 2008-09-09

https://parentise.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  skyllar Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:37 pm

Oh, Dolly's Momma, that's so beautiful.

And Angel, that's really touching, that evening with Teo. It brought tears to my eyes. Smile/happy
skyllar
skyllar
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1593
Loyalty Rating : 21094
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Toffee Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:12 am

Awwwww Angel, that's lovely :-)
Toffee
Toffee
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  briecheese Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:50 pm

What a great thread Toffee.

My husband and I were married 6 years before we had Addy. But we got married young, 22 , so it was good to wait. MY DH was in graduate school and then medical school and we didn't want to have a baby while I was the only one working. So as soon as DH started his residency we started to ttc. We got pregnant right away and were so happy. No regrets about our timeline.

I loved being pregnant! I loved feeling her move in my tummy. I would just rub my tummy all the time. I especially liked when I would lay down to sleep. She would start moving around like crazy. Now that Addy is here I love her even more. I love getting her out of her crib in the morning and seeing her smiling at me, nursing her, cuddling with her, making her giggle. It has also been really amazing watching her learn and grow. There are times when being a mommy can be challenging, those first 3 months especially, but I think it is all worth it.
briecheese
briecheese
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Number of posts : 67
Loyalty Rating : 17223
Registration date : 2008-09-21

http://www.camandjenjones.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down