Parent Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 185 on Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:41 pm
Just popped in

Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

Comments: 0

Anyone still here?

Tue May 17, 2011 11:39 am by MommaBear

Comments: 7

Latest topics
» Kerala Flats: “An Abode Built In Harmony”
PLease PLEASE take 30 seconds a day to.... EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 7:04 am by jesobere

» So who is who?
PLease PLEASE take 30 seconds a day to.... EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 4:39 am by Nikki985

» Pregnant!!
PLease PLEASE take 30 seconds a day to.... EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 8:03 pm by mscherry42

» Anyone else in the TWW?
PLease PLEASE take 30 seconds a day to.... EmptyWed May 22, 2013 7:40 am by Nelli2013

» Just popped in
PLease PLEASE take 30 seconds a day to.... EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

» Organic Baby Products - For my Baby!!!!!!!!
PLease PLEASE take 30 seconds a day to.... EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 1:49 am by sarahgreen

» On to #3!!
PLease PLEASE take 30 seconds a day to.... EmptyThu May 17, 2012 2:53 pm by Angel

» Nexplanon implant
PLease PLEASE take 30 seconds a day to.... EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 2:04 pm by lindzee

» TTC'rs ,Charters and Chart Cheerleaders! 2010~
PLease PLEASE take 30 seconds a day to.... EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 1:57 pm by lindzee

Gallery

PLease PLEASE take 30 seconds a day to.... Empty
Statistics
We have 90 registered users
The newest registered user is galaxy1981

Our users have posted a total of 28198 messages in 1516 subjects
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

PLease PLEASE take 30 seconds a day to....

4 posters

Go down

PLease PLEASE take 30 seconds a day to.... Empty PLease PLEASE take 30 seconds a day to....

Post  Angel Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:10 pm

Check your babies fingers,toes and um...winkies...it's not a lot and it could save you what my poor bayb has been going through!

So I was getting ready to go out and changing baby girls bum.I decided also to change her onsie coz we were going to see MIL and her one from last night had a little cereal stain on it.Anyway,as I was putting her right foot in the suit,I noticed her toe was red,upon closer in spection,her middle toe and next to big toe were swollen and red.I looked closer and sure enough,there was a hair wrapped around them both.Not sure if it was the same hair but they were both pretty chocked up and a deep red colour.I tried to get the hair off but it embedded pretty deep and everytime I so much as touched it she flinched and pulled it away and stared to cry.I gave her a bath the night before last (I dont do it everyday in the winter as I believe it drys their skin out and they dont sweat as much in the winter anyway.So the night before last,I got her out of the bath and rubbed baby lotion from shoulders to toes and didn't notice it then,I have to say though I wasn't particuallrly paying attention to the toes.HOwever.I don't remember seeing ANYTHING obviously.

Anyway,with the middle toe so swolen and this ugly colour,I ran with her 9half dresses) across to the neighbours,I remembered reading something about this before and the doctor saying you put nair (Hair removing cream on it) So I knocked on 3 doors,no one was home.Eventually I went to my candian neighbours home who takes care of babys in the NICU and asked for their help.He was very nice and got his surgical instruments and some gauze and peroxide and set about trying his best to prise the hair out,it bled and in some places tightened up even more and went a deeper shade of purple.All the while she was screaming and kicking bloody murder (it obviously hurt) and my poor son Teo was jumping up and down crying saying he didn't like it.He was so upset and thought we were hurting his sister.EVentually he said he couldnt get anymore out and thought there might still be some in there.So I took off again,threw everyone in the car and drove the pediatricians.I called them on the way and tolf them what it was.We were seen right away as her toe was not a good colour.The doctor and nurse,held her leg and tried again to get out what was in there,it was so hard to see and she was once again screaming and bleeding.I was trying SO hard not to cry with her.Eventually he said he didnt see anymore and would we like to come back in an hour to make sure the colour was getting back to normal.So we went to the store and bought some nair,like he advised us too and when we got back he put it on her JUST to make sure all the hair was gone.The toe is still an ugly red colour but the swelling has gone down a LOT and it's not nearly as dark as it was.He has told me to keep an eye on it and if it gets worse to come back,he thinks it will be ok with no permanent damage but we dont know how long it was like that! Cry I feel SO SO AWFUL! but I just didn't see it Cry.I am so sorry Tia-li !

Anyway,please please all of you,check your baby's toes when you change them,bathe them,or whatever,at least once a day,check fingers toes and penis's!It's not uncommon for it to happen,and can easily be fixed by some hair removal cream.BUt I just wanted to let you all know because I would never have thought to scrutinise my babys toes and fingers until this happened and perhaps if I HAD she wouldnt have been in so much pain Cry She always wears a onesie ALL the time so I don't know how the hair got on her toes,much less wrapped around them so bad! Anyway whats done is done.I hope it gets better!
Angel
Angel
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2197
Loyalty Rating : 21367
Registration date : 2008-09-09

https://parentise.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

PLease PLEASE take 30 seconds a day to.... Empty Re: PLease PLEASE take 30 seconds a day to....

Post  24Penguins Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:18 pm

omg angel! poor tia!! im so glad you got it out and it seems to be getting better!! i hate long hairs like that, one time when kaydance was like 3 1/2 months old she was kinda coughing/gagging, and her grandfather of all people pulled a long hair out of her throat. dont ask me how she got it and got it down her throat seeing as she was to young to totally grab something so small and put it in her mouth, but it scared me and ive been neurodic about her not having any hair on her at all except what grows on her head! LOL! again though, so glad tia is ok and that you did notice it before it got so bad she could have lost a toe or something!!
24Penguins
24Penguins
Parentiseaholic
Parentiseaholic

Number of posts : 2661
Loyalty Rating : 18838
Registration date : 2008-09-11

http://www.myspace.com/24penguins

Back to top Go down

PLease PLEASE take 30 seconds a day to.... Empty Re: PLease PLEASE take 30 seconds a day to....

Post  Angel Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:23 pm

It's still quite red and swollen,we're not out of the woods yet,but I am going to give her a warm (not too warm) bath late with salt water and a little tea tree oil( natural antiseptic) and see if that helps,but one good sign is she is back to her usual happy smiling self,I forgot how sweet she could be befor she was obvoiusly grumpy from being in too much pain! I feel so bad! Grrr!
Angel
Angel
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2197
Loyalty Rating : 21367
Registration date : 2008-09-09

https://parentise.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Toffee Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:48 pm

awwwwww HUGS

It's not your fault, no one would expect it to happen, thus people don't check! And she's fine now and getting better :-)
Toffee
Toffee
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1071
Loyalty Rating : 18025
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  D4A Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:28 pm

Oh my god Holi Im so sorry !!

Poor lil Tia

Yes I read something like this is very common too

I am going to check Jasmin now because she has been crying and moaning all day and I dont know what is wrong.

Might just be a bad day but Im gonna check her every day from now on

Hugs 2 u and lil Tia and Teo xxxxxxxxx
D4A
D4A

Number of posts : 36
Loyalty Rating : 17157
Registration date : 2008-09-29

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum