Parent Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 185 on Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:41 pm
Just popped in

Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

Comments: 0

Anyone still here?

Tue May 17, 2011 11:39 am by MommaBear

Comments: 7

Latest topics
» Kerala Flats: “An Abode Built In Harmony”
It's been a hard week here EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 7:04 am by jesobere

» So who is who?
It's been a hard week here EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 4:39 am by Nikki985

» Pregnant!!
It's been a hard week here EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 8:03 pm by mscherry42

» Anyone else in the TWW?
It's been a hard week here EmptyWed May 22, 2013 7:40 am by Nelli2013

» Just popped in
It's been a hard week here EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

» Organic Baby Products - For my Baby!!!!!!!!
It's been a hard week here EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 1:49 am by sarahgreen

» On to #3!!
It's been a hard week here EmptyThu May 17, 2012 2:53 pm by Angel

» Nexplanon implant
It's been a hard week here EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 2:04 pm by lindzee

» TTC'rs ,Charters and Chart Cheerleaders! 2010~
It's been a hard week here EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 1:57 pm by lindzee

Gallery

It's been a hard week here Empty
Statistics
We have 90 registered users
The newest registered user is galaxy1981

Our users have posted a total of 28198 messages in 1516 subjects
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

It's been a hard week here

4 posters

Go down

It's been a hard week here Empty It's been a hard week here

Post  dolly's momma Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:49 am

I posted elsewhere about the kids and the holiday. On top of that the husband and I haven't talked in almost a week. Now he is trying to ease back into normal conversation and I just am not doing it this time.

Here's the thing. He has been getting these testosterone shots at the doctor. A couple days after he gets them he is just plain nasty. Then he will suddenly pop out of it and say that your response to the way he was acting YOU are being nasty. So I know where most of it is coming from but he totally crossed the line.

Tuesdays the older kids have r.e. class in the evening, and we usually get a quick bite to eat somewhere while they are in class. Just a bit of time away from them we never get. Anyways this last Tuesday he was packing up Lucy's bag and I asked him where he wanted to go and he told me then added....but not with you, I don't care where you go but I don't want to be with you.

Of course I didn't let him take Lucy, and he want off by himself. But I haven't talked to him unless I have to since. I had a dr appt on Friday, and they scheduled me for a ct scan on Monday. I emailed him at work that he would need to be home with Lucy during it, and he was like whatever, fine. He hasn't even bothered to ask me why I am getting a ct scan.

The part that really sucks is my couple close friends are very busy, so sometimes we can't get together for a week or two. And that leaves me with him as the only contact I have with the adult world....... I

I just don't know what to do, I am so mad at him, and hurt. My mom is coming for a week next Sat. and she will make a big ordeal out of it if things are not back to normal by them. Of course he can fake it pretty well, but I can't. When I am upset I just can't pretend I am not, and I tend to totally withdraw...
dolly's momma
dolly's momma
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Number of posts : 566
Loyalty Rating : 18440
Registration date : 2008-09-27

Back to top Go down

It's been a hard week here Empty Re: It's been a hard week here

Post  Lou Lou Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:48 am

I am so sorry you are going through a hard time right now. My husband and I go through something similar on a regular basis.
We will fight, he's a total JERK about it and wont speak to me until I apologize for something HE did. He is also good at the silent treatment and has gone WEEKS without speaking or even acknowledging me!

I can totally relate to what you are going through.
I wish we were closer to you so we could all lend you some support in the physical sense.... but we can all at least be here for you in the virtual sense!!! : )

I know you mentioned the ct scan in the mother's thread but you didn't say what it is was for and if you don't want to talk about it I understand but it may help some if you'd like to share what's going on. We want to help in any way that we can!

Hang in there! I'll be thinking of you today!!!!

Lou Lou
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1345
Loyalty Rating : 20316
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  BethG Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:05 am

dm, I don't really have any good advice, but I'll try.....

Is there any way to talk to him when he's being rational? This is a stretch and i know it, but sometimes when I have PMS and am being a bitch, I just have to stop and realize it and not take it out on my husband. It helps when he doesn't respond to my bitchness. And the same is true when he's having a bad day. I just can't react to it and instead try to be more compassionate. If he's still a jerk, I just ignore him until it passes. I realize it's not so easy in your situation though. So is your hubby truly aware of how he's acting? I can understand that testerone shots might have ill effects like that. Is his doctor aware of the behavior/emotional issue as well?

I'm not sure what his health issue is but maybe this is a case of the treatment is worse than the problem. Any jerk-issues that go beyond a day is too much in my book, and this can't be good on your health either (or the kids, if they're picking up on the tension).

I hope you're able to find some answers with him soon. Hope your CT scan is ok too. (((HUGS)))
BethG
BethG
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1776
Loyalty Rating : 22731
Registration date : 2008-10-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Angel Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:21 pm

I second all of the above.I am only sorry we cant go for a coffee and have a physical hubby bashing rant session! ALl I can say (like loulou) is that we are here in the cyber sense to listen and help as much as we can here.thinking of you,hope it gets better soon! xxx
Angel
Angel
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2197
Loyalty Rating : 21367
Registration date : 2008-09-09

https://parentise.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  dolly's momma Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:57 pm

BethG wrote:dm, I don't really have any good advice, but I'll try.....

I can understand that testerone shots might have ill effects like that. Is his doctor aware of the behavior/emotional issue as well? I'm not sure what his health issue is but maybe this is a case of the treatment is worse than the problem. Any jerk-issues that go beyond a day is too much in my book, and this can't be good on your health either (or the kids, if they're picking up on the tension).

I hope you're able to find some answers with him soon. Hope your CT scan is ok too. (((HUGS)))

We don't really know. He was just doing some routine bloodwork with his diabetes and they told him his testosterone level was low and they needed to give him the shot. It has stayed low so they have increased the number of shots he gets. I went to his doctor with him once because I really wasn't satisfied with that, and got more of the same song and dance. When we went to the consultation with the urologist about getting a vasectomy I tried to bring it up with him. He sounded rather against just giving the shots like that without a diagnosis because at some point your body becomes dependant on the shots and stops producing the hormones. He talked a little about what he would do with a patient testingwise, but mostly said you are under the care of your gp so I won't touch it. Of course dh jumped on that and totally shut down and ended the conversation. End of topic. He just goes and gets the shots regularly.
dolly's momma
dolly's momma
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  dolly's momma Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:05 pm

Lou Lou wrote:I know you mentioned the ct scan in the mother's thread but you didn't say what it is was for and if you don't want to talk about it I understand but it may help some if you'd like to share what's going on. We want to help in any way that we can!

I just try not to come here and complain about my problems too much, sometimes I feel like everyone must be sick of hearing about how my body seems to be falling apart. The last two months, about two weeks after my period I have gotten really bloated, far worse than pms, and have painful spots in my abdomen. This month it finally got bad enough I broke down and called the gyn office and went on friday. After my very favorite thing (pelvic exam) NOT the gyn said he doesn't think it is gynocological, but that it shouldn't be going on so he ordered a ct scan which I am getting today. When I had a ct scan last fall it showed some ovarian cysts, I guess he would know if they were causing such a problem (which is what I suspected) - they wanted me to do a follow-up scan on those anyhows. My problem last fall was my pancreas, and the gasterentenologist said taking the gall bladder out would fix the problem 95% of the time -- I guess there is a chance I am in that 5%. I did have the pain when I did my surgery follow-up in Jan, and the surgeon said it was too low, that it was not related to my surgery. Now the gyn says it is too high to be his kind of problem. sigh.
dolly's momma
dolly's momma
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Lou Lou Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:16 pm

Wow! Y'all are both going through a lot..... add to that a new baby...... you mentioned some trouble with your daughter a while back..... it's a wonder you are doing as well as you are!!!!

My DH is diabetic and I don't care what anyone else says.... IT HAS EFFECTED HIS MOOD!!!! I can't imagine how much worse it would be if he were taking testerone shots too!

Also, we WANT to know when you are having a bad day/feeling sick/struggling with something!!!!!! That's what we are here for!!!!!

What time is your scan? Please let us know how things go!!!!

Lou Lou
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  BethG Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:22 pm

Hmmmm, I feel like Googling testosterone shots now. I thought the main reason for that was an E/D treatment. To me, that's like a doctor telling me my female hormone levels are too low (which they probably are) so let's take synthetic ones! Eh, nope, pass on that. I dunno dm, I think you/he needs to question the doc. on all this, or find a new one.

And don't feel bad about complaining -- I feel like my body is falling apart too! I don't know much about ovarian cysts, but I do know they can cause pain. Does the pain come and go depending where you are in your cycle?

We're always here for you dolly'smomma!
BethG
BethG
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1776
Loyalty Rating : 22731
Registration date : 2008-10-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Angel Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:24 pm

Yes,we do want to know about it and how you are,if how you are is not good then thats the way it is.Doesnt mean we dont want to hear.I apprcieate your consideration of others and 'not whining' we try and stay as posisibve as possible here BUT,we ALL have bad times,problems and concerns,it's our job during your hard times to try and support,encourage and help you get back to feeling positive which ever way we can! Smile/happy I hope you will let us know how you go on with the CT scan!

hugs!
Angel
Angel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  dolly's momma Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:13 pm

BethG - yes, it seems to be at it's very worst two weeks after AF leaves town - so I am guessing it is around ovulation time, which made me think it was related to the cycts. About my dh, he is so stubborn when it comes to drs and things, I don't think I can get him to look into it any further - he is content with the pasth of least resistance.....and he will fight me on it if I push.

Angel, thanks for your support, it means alot.

Update - he is definitely in his chipper ''It never happened'' mode trying to drag me there too. I feel better, but I am still determined to have it out with him about this.
dolly's momma
dolly's momma
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Lou Lou Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:11 pm

ooooh!!!!
Don't you just HATE it when they are in a bad mood, so it puts you in a bad mood and then when they get over it they want you to be happy too even though you can't stand them at the moment!!!!!?????

I HATE that!!!!!

Lou Lou
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  Angel Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:09 pm

dolly's momma wrote:BethG - yes, it seems to be at it's very worst two weeks after AF leaves town - so I am guessing it is around ovulation time, which made me think it was related to the cycts. About my dh, he is so stubborn when it comes to drs and things, I don't think I can get him to look into it any further - he is content with the pasth of least resistance.....and he will fight me on it if I push.

Angel, thanks for your support, it means alot.

Update - he is definitely in his chipper ''It never happened'' mode trying to drag me there too. I feel better, but I am still determined to have it out with him about this.

Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Grouphug Grouphug Grouphug
Angel
Angel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content