Parent Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 185 on Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:41 pm
Just popped in

Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

Comments: 0

Anyone still here?

Tue May 17, 2011 11:39 am by MommaBear

Comments: 7

Latest topics
» Kerala Flats: “An Abode Built In Harmony”
NIGHTMARE NAPS EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 7:04 am by jesobere

» So who is who?
NIGHTMARE NAPS EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 4:39 am by Nikki985

» Pregnant!!
NIGHTMARE NAPS EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 8:03 pm by mscherry42

» Anyone else in the TWW?
NIGHTMARE NAPS EmptyWed May 22, 2013 7:40 am by Nelli2013

» Just popped in
NIGHTMARE NAPS EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

» Organic Baby Products - For my Baby!!!!!!!!
NIGHTMARE NAPS EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 1:49 am by sarahgreen

» On to #3!!
NIGHTMARE NAPS EmptyThu May 17, 2012 2:53 pm by Angel

» Nexplanon implant
NIGHTMARE NAPS EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 2:04 pm by lindzee

» TTC'rs ,Charters and Chart Cheerleaders! 2010~
NIGHTMARE NAPS EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 1:57 pm by lindzee

Gallery

NIGHTMARE NAPS Empty
Statistics
We have 90 registered users
The newest registered user is galaxy1981

Our users have posted a total of 28198 messages in 1516 subjects
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

NIGHTMARE NAPS

+4
Gutter
Lou Lou
dolly's momma
Lily*Blossom
8 posters

Go down

NIGHTMARE NAPS Empty NIGHTMARE NAPS

Post  Lily*Blossom Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:01 pm

Anyone having an extremely hard time getting your little one to lay down and sleep and not play, especially now that they are pulling up and standing. I mentioned this in the sleep support thread... but yesterday I had to lay LM down 33 times before she fell asleep and then she only slept like 40 minutes. GRRRRRHHH!!

Does it take anyone else over an hour to get their kids to fall asleep? How long do you fight your kids to nap before giving up. She does not cry when I lay her down, she just plays around and talks and stands, and it's an endless nightmare of a cycle. A few days ago she was fighting me so bad for her morning nap that I just got her up and made her stay up until the afternoon nap time came. I was thinking that maybe she would sleep longer to make up for not getting a morning nap, but nope. She slept a whopping 50 minutes.

I am going crazy. She used to nap great now she sleeps crap at night and crap during the day. I know she has a cold, but I am still really annoyed.
Lily*Blossom
Lily*Blossom

Number of posts : 1880
Loyalty Rating : 20925
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Back to top Go down

NIGHTMARE NAPS Empty Re: NIGHTMARE NAPS

Post  dolly's momma Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:09 pm

If she is not screaming for me I just ignore Lucy when she plays and tumbles around during her nap. She almost always eventually goes to sleep, if not I leave her in the crib the time she would have been napping anyhow.

I gave up and just let it go, it doesn't matter to me any more if she is laying down or not.......
dolly's momma
dolly's momma
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Number of posts : 566
Loyalty Rating : 18440
Registration date : 2008-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post  Lou Lou Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:14 pm

We are struggling a little with naps..... I've taken the same attitude as DM..... as long as he's not screaming.... I leave him the length of a regular nap. I can't spend two hours a day trying to convince him to take a nap. For instance, it's nap time right now but he wouldn't go to sleep when I laid him down and he has cried out periodically for a minute or two for the last hour but I'm just leaving him in there! Momma needs a break!!!!

Lou Lou
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1345
Loyalty Rating : 20316

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily*Blossom Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:43 pm

I'm going to start doing what you guys do, DM and LL. I have to have some "me" time. So she stays in her crib during nap time and that's final!!!!
Lily*Blossom
Lily*Blossom

Back to top Go down

Post  Lou Lou Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:53 pm

Good for you!!!!!!
We all want is best for our babies but we still have to take care of ourselves!

Lou Lou
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  Gutter Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:14 pm

Tiff,
I will try with Audrey, if she doesn't nap for 30 minutes, then I'm usually up there getting her. That 30 minutes at least gives me "ME" time and/or cleaning time. Audrey's been napping really good lately, except yesterday DF got home with the new couch while she was napping, so she woke up after not even an hour of napping and didn't go back down until bedtime. Audrey was down to 1 nap a day for months and now she's been getting 3-4 hours a day....but I think it's due to teething...

Gutter
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1455
Loyalty Rating : 20134
Registration date : 2008-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post  dolly's momma Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:29 am

I hate weekends and things like presidents day lol or even just familiy members being around during nap time. No matter how hard I try to keep Lucy on her nap schedule, somebody slams a door and yells ''Mom''! and wakes her up after usually 15 minutes or so then she refuses to go b ack to sleep and gets owlie. Grrr. I don't know what I am going to do during spring break (also known as 2 1/2 weeks of hell for mom).
dolly's momma
dolly's momma
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Number of posts : 566
Loyalty Rating : 18440
Registration date : 2008-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post  skyllar Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:37 pm

Tiff -- I am sorry to hear about LM's napping troubles.

Kian has been doing that, too. Some days are great and he naps great and other days he won't want to nap and only has one nap during the day. He is also standing all the time in his bed. At first I used to try and put him back down every time he stood up, but I got tired of doing that after a few times and he thought it was a game and started to get into it, LOL. So now, I let him stand and play, but I will leave him - sometimes he falls asleep, sometimes he won't. I also let him cry a bit before I decide that the nap is a bust. And most days he still naps twice.
skyllar
skyllar
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1593
Loyalty Rating : 21124
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post  sparkles Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:27 am

Hey Kyrah also still has two sleeps a day usually 1 1/2 - 2 hours
I also put her in her cot after her bottle and leave her, she will put herself to sleep within half hour nearly every time, sometimes she plays for a bit and if she really whinges i go in give her dummy lay her down and pat her a few times and she is usually happy with that.
In the evenings after she is asleep i put a couple of safe toys in her cot and she plays for about 1/2 hour in the morning when she wakes before she cries to let us know she is up.
She is ALWAYS standing up, she even tries to climb out of her cot now, she has been for months.
She is so full on and uses so much energy when she is awake i think she tires herself out and sleeps so well daytime and night time, i am very lucky.
She usually sleeps around 8.30 am and about 1-1.30pm

good luck xoxo
I wonder when they will start cutting out their second sleep i love her having two, in the morning i get ready for the day and clean the house etc and the arvo i usually fold the washing, do things i need to do and chill out
sparkles
sparkles
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1294
Loyalty Rating : 19626
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily*Blossom Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:22 am

I've read that most babies eliminate their morning nap between 13 and 16 months of age. The morning nap just becomes shorter and shorter until it isn't needed anymore and then they start to take only a single afternoon nap that lasts a few hours or more.
Lily*Blossom
Lily*Blossom

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily*Blossom Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:31 am

Just wanted to report that LM's naps are getting better since her nose has cleared up. It's now taking about 30-40 minutes for her to fall asleep. I also realized that now that she is getting bigger the window of time between naps needed to be increased to nearly 3 hours.

Thanx for your help everyone!
Lily*Blossom
Lily*Blossom

Back to top Go down

Post  mscherry42 Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:14 pm

I don't put Jayden on a schedule, just because our crazy busy lives can't handle too much structure. But, her internal clock is somewhat on a schedule. Normally, she goes down for her morning/afternoon at like 11-1(somewhere in there). It just depends on what time she wakes up in the morning. Today she woke up at like 8:30. By 10:30 I couldn't take it anymore. She kept whining and snatching the couch pillow and sucking her thumb, and whining. She also gets into alot more trouble when she's sleepy. So, I put her in her bed with a cup of juice(very bad, I know), her baby bible, and a stuffed animal, and told her to do whatever she wanted to, but she was definitely staying in there for a while. She whined for like 3 minutes, then fell asleep, and is still sleeping. She ate good before napping(a cup of apple jacks, two slices of bacon, some fried egg, a cup of milk, and then the cup of orange juice), so she might sleep until almost 1, but dad just woke up, and he is loud as hell, so who knows! She may or may not take a second nap today, it just depends on what her body tells her. I kind of like when she doesn't take the second nap, cause she doesn't give a token resistance when we put her down at night that way.
mscherry42
mscherry42
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Number of posts : 780
Loyalty Rating : 19473
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Lou Lou Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:00 pm

OWEN IS DRIVING ME NUTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All week he has been doing poorly at nap time. At the beginning of the week he wouldn't go to sleep but he was fairly quiet in the bed so I left him and he finally fell asleep on his own..... but Wed/Thurs/Today....... HE WILL NOT NAP!!!!! For naps I HAVE to put him down asleep or he usually wont go to sleep and this has worked just fine for months but now as soon as I lay him down he wakes up and stands up and SCREAMS on the top of his lungs.

THEN - He did it last night too! We haven't had problems at night since he turned 6 months. Last night he woke from 11:30 -12:30 and then he was AWAKE SCREAMING from 4:30 - 6:30. Finally at 6:30 we got up for the day. He hasn't slept since and he's clearly exhausted! I'm exhausted too!

You guys, I can not handle him going back to the way things once were..... I think I'll lose my mind.

What the hell is going on?!

Lou Lou
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  Angel Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:04 pm

Lou,I hear ya,what IS going on? Tia-li used to sleep pretty much through,almost from the start,I 've been posting her waking hours in the sleep support thread.Don't know WHAT it is really?
Angel
Angel
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2197
Loyalty Rating : 21367
Registration date : 2008-09-09

https://parentise.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Lou Lou Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:11 pm

Grrrrrh! It's so frustrating! I don't what to do anymore and I feel like I can't even give good recommendations either!!!

At least we know we are alone in this!!!!

Lou Lou
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily*Blossom Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:38 pm

I am so sorry Lou Lou. Hugs.

You know what? LM started being a PAIN in the BUTT and then 3 days later she came down with a cold. She was terrible with her naps while she had the cold, but is getting much better now. It could also be teething as well. Hang in there, hopefully it won't happen again tonight!
Lily*Blossom
Lily*Blossom

Back to top Go down

Post  Lou Lou Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:34 pm

Thanks for the support, ladies.
It really does help a lot.
He slept all night last night.... THANK GOD!!!!
So I'm just praying that our naps are better today too!

Lou Lou
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  Angel Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:46 pm

OMG,Tia-li sleot all night last night too!I was stunned.Furday bnight she did better only waking twice,but last night,I put her down at 8pm,she woke once about 11:30 and then next thing I knew,it was 7am!!!I woke up and panicked of course but she was peacfully sleeping in her room.I hope it lasts!Course we're moving soon,I know that wil trhow it all out of whack,but not for too long! Smile/happy
Angel
Angel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  skyllar Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:55 pm

Yay, that's great news about Owen and Tia Li sleeping through the night! Fantastic news!!! No such luck with Kian yet, but we just saw that his top tooth broke through. Smile/happy
skyllar
skyllar
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1593
Loyalty Rating : 21124
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Angel Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:46 pm

hey everyone,sorry no tie for personals,in between packing anf getting kicked off the internet connection,it's not east to get on here.Firstly,Tia-li's sleeping through the night was short lived.LAst night we were back to her waking every 2-3 hours (yawn) and I know she is teething,she has been crying and fussing like made,red cheeks and I just saw one of her top teeth has poked through,so thats 3 on the bottom and 3 on the top but she wasbiting on the opposite side so maybe it's yet another one? Either way,poor little girl has got so many teeth in such a short time,maybe thats why she's fussy,cant wait for this teething lark to be over thats all I can say!
Angel
Angel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lou Lou Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:31 pm

Holi..... are y'all getting any sleep?

Owen slept great last night. (Still no new teeth!)
But our naps today...........sigh................. I'm trying something new so I didn't expect great results. I normally put him to bed for naps already asleep but it's not working anymore. So, I did our bedtime routine and laid him down awake. He cried for about 10 minutes and then slept for 30 minutes.
For our second nap I did the bedtime routine and laid him down and he cried for 30 minutes, I went in and patted him for a few minutes and then he finally fell asleep. He's been asleep for about 30 minutes. I hope he will sleep a good long while. This time last week he was napping a total of four hours and now we are napping 30 minutes to 1 hour all day! He's clearly exhausted!!!!

Hope you are having better results!!!

Lou Lou
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  Angel Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:55 pm

hey lou,

no still the same in my camp.T-li has been waking sort of in a pattern,put her down at 7:30-8pm she wakes at 10:30-1:30:3:30/4:30 and 5:30 then 7-7:30 for the day...TIRED! LOL But I am pretty much used to it,you would think that I would be exausted and unable to function,I think it is true what they say,youcan train yourself to get by with less sleep than before.Anyway...I am doing ok,of course it would be lovely to get a full nights sleep,8 hours in a row but as it is.I am greatful I don't have a full time job other than taking care of her,Teo and moving house LOL it's all good.Glad O is being a bit better for you! xx
Angel
Angel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content