Parent Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 185 on Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:41 pm
Just popped in

Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

Comments: 0

Anyone still here?

Tue May 17, 2011 11:39 am by MommaBear

Comments: 7

Latest topics
» Kerala Flats: “An Abode Built In Harmony”
Homeschooling EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 7:04 am by jesobere

» So who is who?
Homeschooling EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 4:39 am by Nikki985

» Pregnant!!
Homeschooling EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 8:03 pm by mscherry42

» Anyone else in the TWW?
Homeschooling EmptyWed May 22, 2013 7:40 am by Nelli2013

» Just popped in
Homeschooling EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

» Organic Baby Products - For my Baby!!!!!!!!
Homeschooling EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 1:49 am by sarahgreen

» On to #3!!
Homeschooling EmptyThu May 17, 2012 2:53 pm by Angel

» Nexplanon implant
Homeschooling EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 2:04 pm by lindzee

» TTC'rs ,Charters and Chart Cheerleaders! 2010~
Homeschooling EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 1:57 pm by lindzee

Gallery

Homeschooling Empty
Statistics
We have 90 registered users
The newest registered user is galaxy1981

Our users have posted a total of 28198 messages in 1516 subjects
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

Homeschooling

2 posters

Go down

Homeschooling Empty Homeschooling

Post  Lou Lou Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:37 pm

Just curious to see if anyone has thought about homeschooling.
What are your thoughts about it? I wondered if anyone here had been home schooled. Was it a good experience?

It's something that's been on my mind a lot lately. Of course, it will be several years before a decision needs to be made and I'm not really leaning one way or another yet..... just curious about the entire process.

Thanks!

Lou Lou
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1345
Loyalty Rating : 20316
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Back to top Go down

Homeschooling Empty Re: Homeschooling

Post  Lily*Blossom Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:16 pm

Hey girl. I was home schooled for 7 and 8th grade after going all the way through public schools for elementary school. I HATED being home schooled. I was so so so bored. I was too young to have a job, and I basically finished the entire years worth of school work in about 3 months. I totally missed my friends and stuff. I ended up skipping a grade because I got a head in my studies and was able to graduate a year earlier than I would have if I had stayed in public schools.

My parent's are very weird... my Dad gets on these kicks and because he had a terrible junior high experience, he though j.h. was the devil so he wouldn't let me go. He just thought that I was going to turn into a complete druggy or something, I don't even know why. I told my mom that if I had to stay home one more freaking year, that I would go out and DO drugs just to prove a point Smile/happy LOL.

I think that if you find a good support group for home schooling, and you can socialize Owen with other kids then that is cool. It will be more successful if he is always home schooled and doesn't know any different. I think I had a hard time because I was used to public school and wanted to be with my friends.

In some ways it helped me to be home schooled. In other ways...... I didn't like it.

The way things are going so liberal now in schools... I don't actually know if I will want to send my kids to public schools. I am going to wait and see. I am definitely prepared to home school if I have to... even though I hated being home schooled! LOL.

In California where I grew up though... they did not let you do home schooling through the public school system. We actually had to register with a private school who allowed classes to be taught at home. I know where my aunt lives in Missouri, they allow you to do home schooling through the public school system for regular subjects, and still let you participate AT the school for electives like choir, band, drama, ect. If I were to home school my kids... I would want a system like the one that is available to my aunt in Missouri.

There's my take hun!!!

xxxxxx
Lily*Blossom
Lily*Blossom

Number of posts : 1880
Loyalty Rating : 20925
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum