Parent Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 11 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 11 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 185 on Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:41 pm
Just popped in

Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

Comments: 0

Anyone still here?

Tue May 17, 2011 11:39 am by MommaBear

Comments: 7

Latest topics
» Kerala Flats: “An Abode Built In Harmony”
Feeling really sad :( EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 7:04 am by jesobere

» So who is who?
Feeling really sad :( EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 4:39 am by Nikki985

» Pregnant!!
Feeling really sad :( EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 8:03 pm by mscherry42

» Anyone else in the TWW?
Feeling really sad :( EmptyWed May 22, 2013 7:40 am by Nelli2013

» Just popped in
Feeling really sad :( EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

» Organic Baby Products - For my Baby!!!!!!!!
Feeling really sad :( EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 1:49 am by sarahgreen

» On to #3!!
Feeling really sad :( EmptyThu May 17, 2012 2:53 pm by Angel

» Nexplanon implant
Feeling really sad :( EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 2:04 pm by lindzee

» TTC'rs ,Charters and Chart Cheerleaders! 2010~
Feeling really sad :( EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 1:57 pm by lindzee

Gallery

Feeling really sad :( Empty
Statistics
We have 90 registered users
The newest registered user is galaxy1981

Our users have posted a total of 28198 messages in 1516 subjects
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

Feeling really sad :(

+2
Lou Lou
LeanneWhitney
6 posters

Go down

Feeling really sad :( Empty Feeling really sad :(

Post  LeanneWhitney Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:54 pm

My sister emailed me today begging me go back to England for her wedding in Aug next year even offered to pay for my plane and stay. And i really wish i could go because i am really home sick haven't seen my family and friends since June 2007. Im going call the visa place tomorrow and see what forums i need fill out and if i need a US pass port.

But when i went the meeting and the immigration office they said i got stay in the US for two more years before i can apply for the US citizenship so if it fucks up my paper work i cant go because ill be stuck in England and Cloie will have come back to the states and all that work will gone down the drain along with the 9 grand but ill call them tomorrow and ask. Because surely people who are here on permanent resident cards going apply for citizenship go on vacations out the country and visit family?

Whole thing upset me i went in to hubby all existed thinking i can go see my family (i haven't had enough money go) And he tells me i cant leave the country or it will f**k up my status Cry
LeanneWhitney
LeanneWhitney
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Number of posts : 281
Loyalty Rating : 18100
Registration date : 2009-02-01

http://www.youravon.com/leannewhitney

Back to top Go down

Feeling really sad :( Empty Re: Feeling really sad :(

Post  Lou Lou Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:02 am

Oh Sweetie!
I'm sure there is more to it than this! I don't much about immigration but I'm looking on their website now for some answers. Do you have a person you contact when you have questions?

I wish I knew more.... have you talked to Holi about it? She may know something we don't! Hang in there!

Lou Lou
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1345
Loyalty Rating : 20271
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  LeanneWhitney Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:27 am

There is there website i emailed them like 4 hours ago nobody got back to me yet and phone lines closed when i got off work Cry but www.USCI.gov is there website im trying fish through it at the moment but taking me a while with me being dyslexic lol, Holi hasn't applied for permanent residency or citizenship yet (unless she did and didnt tell me in past 6 months.
LeanneWhitney
LeanneWhitney
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily*Blossom Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:17 am

Leanne you need to go to www.visajourney.com It is not a government run website, but all the info you need is there, and people post their experiences, wait timelines for certain visa, etc. It is an awesome website with all sorts of good advice.

I don't know what your visa status is now. So that would depend. I know a lot about immigration, as my hubby is British so we have been dealing with this for over 3 years. I can probably answer your question if I know more about your current situation and where you are at in your process.

If you don't have any legal visa at the moment, or you've let something expire, then if you leave the country, you probably won't get back in, even if you have your daughter with you.

You can't get a U.S. passport unless you are a citizen. Your daughter can, but you can't. You can travel on your U.K. passport and take your green card with you when you travel so they will let you back into the United States on your way back. It does not start any wait times over if you want to get citizenship as long as you have a current greencard and your status is legally adjusted.

I hope this helps!!!

Lily*Blossom
Lily*Blossom

Number of posts : 1880
Loyalty Rating : 20880

Back to top Go down

Post  BethG Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:39 am

Leanne, I hope Princess Longbottom's advice helps! Sounds like a visit back would be a great experience for you.
BethG
BethG
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1776
Loyalty Rating : 22686
Registration date : 2008-10-08

Back to top Go down

Post  LeanneWhitney Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:05 am

thanks for the info Smile/happy i have been processing paper work since i got here June 12th i have a green card perminant resident they said i couldn't apply for citizenship till i been married 4 years.
LeanneWhitney
LeanneWhitney
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily*Blossom Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:12 am

As long as your green card is up to date, you are fine. It is true you can't apply for citizenship until you've been married for four years and living in the states for 3 years. However, they do realize that if you are from another country, you will want to go back and visit, so yes you can go for a visit. I think if you stay out of the country for longer than 90 days, then it would affect things, but a visit doesn't start any waiting times over as far as citizenship and visa extensions are concerned as far as I know. I encourage you to research it and find out for sure for yourself just to put your mind at ease. When you talk to someone at USCI make sure you write down the person's employee I.D. number and name for your records, because I once had this lady give me WRONG information over the phone, and when I called back and talked to someone else, they told me that what she said was incorrect. So for your records, keep the i.d. number in a file every time you talk to someone!!

Also www.visajourney.com has a forum like this one where you can post a topic and ask questions, people are great about answering as well!
Lily*Blossom
Lily*Blossom

Number of posts : 1880
Loyalty Rating : 20880

Back to top Go down

Post  LeanneWhitney Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:22 am

thank you you been a big help Smile/happy
LeanneWhitney
LeanneWhitney
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Angel Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:01 pm

wow,I only just saw this.I am confused...why are you appyling for citizen ship?My lawyer never once mentioned it to me and I believe we are in the same boat? I am applying for an adjustment of status,which basically means I can live here n work here and exist here indeffinately,of course I have to renew it at 2 and 10 years but I get a green caqrd and can travel as soon as I have the green card.At least thats what I was told.I have no intention of applyng for citizenship.I don't want a US passport I am british and should be able to 'stay british and stay here legally as should you from what I understand,also there is only a restriction on trvalling WHILE you do not have your green card.Look into it again.I have foudn that different people give different answers so go to the highest authority you can for this otherwise you'll be misinformed over and over agina if you go to somewhere like yahoo answers every Tom,dick and harry has a view of how they thkink it is or was.Most people I talk to are COMPLETELY ignortant of the process involved for foreigners,all my close friends are shocked that I am having to go through this,their standard repsonse it 'but you're married to an american' and mine to that is 'it doesnt matter,still have to legally go through an adjustment of status'

Anyway,I don't know if what you're doing is different from what I am doing,it shouldnt be should it? I know Tiff is probably going or has gone through the same tihng? everyone I talk to seems to have a different story,which is weird because from what my immigration lawyer tells me it's a pretty narrow,one way street for this process that everyone has to go thoruhg? if you're a abroad and angaged or married to a foreigner yo have to go through the K1-K2 visa application to bring them here,if they are already here you have to go through the same thing.I don't know it's all so bloody complicated and stupid but I am pretty sure that once you have a green card and Cloie has a passport that you can travel in and out of the US without any trouble. Sigh...this whole thing is a royal pain in the ass.LOL
Angel
Angel
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2197
Loyalty Rating : 21322
Registration date : 2008-09-09

https://parentise.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  skyllar Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:15 pm

Well, I just saw this, too. I have also some insights on the immigration process as I am German and married to an American. I applied for a permanent resident card (green card) when DH and I had already been married for two years so that I didn't have to reapply again and would immediately get the permanent one. While the paper work for the green card was with USCIS (once I submitted it) my lawyer suggested that I do not travel in that time until I receive the green card. It would prolong the process. But, as soon as I received my green card, I was allowed to travel immediately. I have been traveling overseas at least once a year since then, often twice. SO once you have the green card, you can travel as often as you'd like. You will just need a passport for your little one. Kian at this point has a German and American passport.

Like Angel, I also have no intentions of becoming a US citizen. Having a green card works fine for me and keeping my German passport has a lot of advantages for me and my family. Please PM me or ask any questions you have about the process. I will try to answer any questions you have. Smile/happy
skyllar
skyllar
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1593
Loyalty Rating : 21079
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post  LeanneWhitney Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:37 am

I have my green card im a resident here in the US but i am applying for Duel citizenship. because yes u can renew in 10 years but what if they say no in 10 years time and then i have leave and cloie stays here i dont want risk anything pause you get a lot more befits being a US citizen than a resident as such as simple stuff like when i got applied for Medicaid and now im still playing off my bills that i shouldn't really have because im a perminant resident. if a US citizen gose to a hospital in the UK would they get a big bill? would the hell but i choice to live here so i have to work int he system as best as possible to make my life comfortable
LeanneWhitney
LeanneWhitney
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Angel Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:50 am

sweety,if you are living here legally and you have a child who is born here and a US citizen,they can't just 'make you leave' if that were case there would be a million mexican orphans running around,if the child is born abroad its different but they won't ditch sa mother who is like you,in the system and paying taxes and who has a daughter here.
Angel
Angel
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2197
Loyalty Rating : 21322
Registration date : 2008-09-09

https://parentise.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content