Parent Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 11 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 11 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 185 on Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:41 pm
Just popped in

Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

Comments: 0

Anyone still here?

Tue May 17, 2011 11:39 am by MommaBear

Comments: 7

Latest topics
» Kerala Flats: “An Abode Built In Harmony”
Pregnancy Chat All Stages Welcome 2010 - Page 9 EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 7:04 am by jesobere

» So who is who?
Pregnancy Chat All Stages Welcome 2010 - Page 9 EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 4:39 am by Nikki985

» Pregnant!!
Pregnancy Chat All Stages Welcome 2010 - Page 9 EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 8:03 pm by mscherry42

» Anyone else in the TWW?
Pregnancy Chat All Stages Welcome 2010 - Page 9 EmptyWed May 22, 2013 7:40 am by Nelli2013

» Just popped in
Pregnancy Chat All Stages Welcome 2010 - Page 9 EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

» Organic Baby Products - For my Baby!!!!!!!!
Pregnancy Chat All Stages Welcome 2010 - Page 9 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 1:49 am by sarahgreen

» On to #3!!
Pregnancy Chat All Stages Welcome 2010 - Page 9 EmptyThu May 17, 2012 2:53 pm by Angel

» Nexplanon implant
Pregnancy Chat All Stages Welcome 2010 - Page 9 EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 2:04 pm by lindzee

» TTC'rs ,Charters and Chart Cheerleaders! 2010~
Pregnancy Chat All Stages Welcome 2010 - Page 9 EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 1:57 pm by lindzee

Gallery

Pregnancy Chat All Stages Welcome 2010 - Page 9 Empty
Statistics
We have 90 registered users
The newest registered user is galaxy1981

Our users have posted a total of 28198 messages in 1516 subjects
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

Pregnancy Chat All Stages Welcome 2010

+16
Leeaman
mscherry42
Ginny
Lou Lou
Gutter
BethG
lindzee
Lily*Blossom
MommaBear
chrisb
Georgi
pringle
sparkles
skyllar
galaxy
Angel
20 posters

Page 9 of 18 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 18  Next

Go down

Pregnancy Chat All Stages Welcome 2010 - Page 9 Empty Re: Pregnancy Chat All Stages Welcome 2010

Post  chrisb Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:40 am

Georgi- So far that sounds like the doctors are thinking. But from what the doctors are telling me they are saying not to plan on that even. If they had been aware of what was going on last time, Emy would have been emergency csectioned before the 37 weeks she was csectioned at. We wont really know what is going on til later but i guess they expect the same complications and possibly earlier if the baby is bigger this time. So if I am having the same complications they are scheduling me for csection at 37 weeks but said there is a huge chance I will end up with an emergency one earlier, unfortunately. I talked to a midwife from bradley who are the natural and assist in vbacs and they told me they would not take me. So at this point in my head I am telling myself once I am further along things may change and it may not go as the doctors think it will. I am absolutely terrified to have another csection, since so much went wrong with the last one. I have a feeling in the end either way, I will have no choice in the matter, so that is why I'm kind of just throwing my hands up and trying to just not panic this early.
chrisb
chrisb
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Number of posts : 302
Loyalty Rating : 17856
Registration date : 2008-09-21

Back to top Go down

Pregnancy Chat All Stages Welcome 2010 - Page 9 Empty Re: Pregnancy Chat All Stages Welcome 2010

Post  Angel Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:03 pm

I just wanted to say to Chrisb,I also had braxton hicks or contractions from very early on.I had a VERY active job (waitressing at planet hollywood) I worked 7 hours straight with pretty much no break,on my feet all the time and carrying HUGE trays with 4-5 plates on them at a time so the dr reckoned it was due to that.I got signed off work for a week a time to rest up becasue they were inpossible to work with.
Angel
Angel
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2197
Loyalty Rating : 21343
Registration date : 2008-09-09

https://parentise.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  sparkles Sun Feb 14, 2010 7:22 pm

hi all
well my scan went great
bubs is looking healthy, looks as though me placenta is at least 3cm from cervix, which means i can have a natural birth ...yay!!!! Baby IS head down, i knew in, head is right outside my cervix. He is definatly a boy still lol and he is measuring perfectly average, i day ahead infact, he is already over 4 pound, 1.9kg, so i think he will be bigger than Kyrah considering she was 2.8 at birth, 5 days over .

Very exciting scan , cant wait to meet him

Momma bear- yes hubby plays rubgy union, he is very good actually and has represented our state a few times, but not playing as high up now due to kids etc Its mainly popular in asutralia, New Zealand, South Africa, Fiji, France etc i think
xo
sparkles
sparkles
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1294
Loyalty Rating : 19602
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  MommaBear Sun Feb 14, 2010 8:19 pm

Sparkles - so glad your scan went well and that it looks like you can have a natural birth. It is really shows that women know best what their little ones are doing.

Chris - I don't know alot about c-sections but I would think just like pregnancy each one can be very different especially since they will be prepared.
MommaBear
MommaBear
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Number of posts : 304
Loyalty Rating : 18019
Registration date : 2008-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily*Blossom Sun Feb 14, 2010 9:03 pm

Chrisb- Every pregnancy is different. It is still very early on in your pregnancy for the doctors to make any hypothesis that are set in stone. Hopefully with positive thinking, everything will go well honey. I hope your contractions have eased up.

Sparkles- I am so happy that your placenta is in a good position and you can have a vaginal birth. So awesome! You must be even more excited to meet your baby boy now that you've just seen him on the scan! I'll be he is so darned cute!! Can't wait for you to have him!

I've been craving candy the past few days. Licorice, etc. I know I shouldn't have it, but right now if something sounds good I go for it, because everything usually makes me sick or sounds disgusting. Pretty much no food of any nutritional value sounds good right now. I can't even handle juice because I know have a permanent burning sensation (acid reflux feeling) in my stomach from all the vomiting. Today has been okay, this morning I felt really unwell, but I'm managing at the moment. Been drinking some Gatorade as well, which is full of corn syrup, but what the heck, it tastes good.

Nobody has otter pops right now. They are all I want, and nobody freaking has them. I guess because it's not summer.
Lily*Blossom
Lily*Blossom

Number of posts : 1880
Loyalty Rating : 20901
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  galaxy Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:02 pm

Tiff-So sorry you can't eat much. Just as long as you get a bit of carbohydrate little and often to stop you going into ketosis, your energy requirement at this stage isn't any much more than usual. If you can't drink water then swilling it around your mouth is good as you can absorb some through your gums and it will just help to keep your mouth moist. I heop it gets better soon, just make the most of things when you do feel up to it. I don't think there's anything wronf with liquorice? If it gives you a bit of glucose then that's good.

ChrisB-How scary being told about the contractions. I must say though, I got them around this time with the second pregnancy and they have been much more uncomfortable but I was told it was normal. Try not to worry about the birth plan too much at this stage as things can change before then. I know it's easier said than done but you just need to go with the flow and enjoy being pregnant. I hope everything works out. I can't remember now what happened lat time around?

MommaBear-It certainly will be interesting to see how big our babies are this time. At my 28 week scan baby was measuring 3lb 9oz already which is bigger than average but not huge. I have another one on the 22nd and see the consultant again after that.

Sparkles-Yay for the placenta and baby being head down. Bet you feel loads better!

AFM, I am full of cold AGAIN, just want to get things done around the house and take Molly out and have fun with her but I feel dreadful. It's especially hard when dh is at work as he leaves at 06.30 am and gets back around 21.30 pm, but he will be off for 2 months from the middle of March so even if baby is 2 weeks late he will still have 4 weeks at home with us Smile/happy
galaxy
galaxy
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Number of posts : 768
Loyalty Rating : 19722
Registration date : 2008-09-13

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/12fd6f

Back to top Go down

Post  chrisb Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:28 pm

Galaxy- i hope you are already feeling better. I too feel like i am getting another cold. your husband has very long hours, but having off so many weeks after having the baby will be a lifesaver. My husband will probably only be able to take off the week I am in the hospital, then some days here or there but he wouldn't be able to get consective weeks like that.
chrisb
chrisb
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  MommaBear Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:00 pm

LB - At least you are able to eat something. I would think something is better than nothing. I have found that the only thing that settles my indigestion is Coca-Cola and I know it isn't good but it fixes it. My mom told me that when I was little she gave it to me (sometimes the straight syrup) to settle my stomach. Maybe there is something to the corn syrup that is settling???

Galaxy - I have been feeling congested and I was blaming the weather but now I am starting to think it is just the phase of pregnancy where everything is in overdrive. I hope you start to feel better. I though my hubby had long hours but that is great that he will be able to spend so much time with you. It is something to look forward to.

ChrisB - I think I am in the same boat with you when it comes to dh's schedule. He just started this position and doesn't have the leave built up yet so I am hoping he will be able to take a few days after the baby is born to recover and spend some time with us.
MommaBear
MommaBear
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  galaxy Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:50 pm

Well I went to the diabetic clinic today and told them I was concerned that I feel I am growing every day. They put me in for a scan (33w 2d) and the baby measures 5lb 9oz today so not big. However, they have now diagnosed me with polyhydramnios (excess fluid) and have told me that could go into labour early. Yet another complication to add to the list Cry Good news is that my glucose levels are perfect but this is just another worry. Would love some reassurance form anyone who has been through this Cry
galaxy
galaxy
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  sparkles Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:19 pm

sorry hun i havent heard of it, but i hope it is ok xoxo
do you know how much babies are meant to put on in these last few weeks? not long now babe, if you do have an early labour baby is a great size already. we are all here for you babe xoxoxo
sparkles
sparkles
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  galaxy Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:25 pm

Thanks Sparkles! I believe it's about 1/2 a pound a week in the final stages. On my chart it predicts that at 40 weeks, baby should be about 8 1/2 pound. You're right though. I know now that if I go 'pop' tonight even, baby would still be a decent weight. Just panicking now to get my labour bag packed. I still need to order bras and night wear plus some tiny clothes just in case x
galaxy
galaxy
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  sparkles Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:18 pm

lol yes i have wahed etc all tiny clothes but need to pack bag put car seat in etc for bubs, should do it soon i guess lol

well my bubs is 4 lbs already so according to that my baby will be around 8 lbs , will be interesting to see as Kyrah was 6lbs 5 oz I def think he will be bigger than Kyrah, i have guessed 7lbs 2 oz but maybe a little bigger now

good luck hun your in the home stretch now
sparkles
sparkles
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  MommaBear Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:59 pm

Galaxy - I had a friend who was overdue and had excess fluid so I think it is just another one of those risks that come with something. Oh and after Isaac I have a hard time believing later scans. At 38 weeks they said he was 7lb 8oz and would probably be 9 lbs and he came out a whopping 10lbs 2 oz. Hang in there and we are here for you whatever happens.

Sparkles - I guess I should probably start getting the tiny clothes washed but my mom is coming to visit and I figure it will give her something to help with and one less worry for me. Plus I cannot really get my nursery ready so I have no where to put them. I do have the car seat in because it has to sit right next to Isaac and I thought it would be good practice for him to have it next to him. I even stuck one of his bears in there for practice.
MommaBear
MommaBear
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  chrisb Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:35 pm

They do say scans can be off by a 1 pound. Mine was right on the dot pretty much. At my scan Emy was 6 lbs 2 oz and she was born 11 days later at 6 lbs 15 oz. That was at 37 weeks so they said if she was ontime she would have been 8 and a half to 9 lbs. So the half a pound a week makes sense. I am interested to see if all these babies the second time are bigger than your first like the doctor said usually is the case.

Sky- Good luck at your appointment tomorrow. It is tomorrow right?

Galaxy - I have only heard of the opposite problem with the lack of enough fluid. Did they say if you don't go into labor early from it if it is something that they will have to induce you earlier for?
chrisb
chrisb
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  galaxy Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:14 am

Thanks guys, you are so sweet. I don't feel as big as I was with Molly so that's reassuring plus when they did her growth scan, their estimation was exact, which I also heard was rare. The head circumferance and femur length are way off the chart though so I'm just concerned that in the final weeks once he starts to lay down fat that he will then fill out to match those meaurements, but we'll see. The Dr was lovely and said they don't really want me to go over but don't want to induce either and then he kinda laughed and said that maybe this extra fluid will sort me out for my VBAC. We thought it was funny at the time anyway, but he was really reassuring. At least I know all things things in advance, whereas with Molly it was all happening once I was full term and it was a mad panic toward the end. I will just have everything ready early and aim to have a birth plan for a VBAC and a c-section and as long as my little boy comes out healthy, that's all that matters. I feel much more laid back about it now. Thank you so much for the support. I am so excited to see everyone's babies and not long to go for most of us, can't wait xxx
galaxy
galaxy
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  skyllar Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:13 am

Galaxy -- Good luck, hun! Wow, you are almost there! So many of you are getting soooo close now. How exciting!!

Sparkles -- not much longer for you now either. That's exciting that you got everything ready for bubs to arrive.

How is everybody else doing?

I had my big u/s appointment last Thursday (as well as a regular appointment) and everything is looking great. Baby is growing nicely and is in the 45th percentile. That's smaller than Kian was at that time, but I am just glad the baby is growing properly since I haven't put much weight on at all and am still below pre-preg weight. According to the scale in my dr. office I put on 2 pounds and am still 9-10 pounds under pre-preg weight. I am sure I will start packing on the pounds now though, lol. As you know from the other thread, this baby is another boy. I was very disappointed at the u/s and a couple of days after that since this is our last, but I am starting to come round to the idea that I will have two boys. I am starting a Pregnancy Aqua shape up class next week. It is twice a week for an hour and it is cardio and weight training for pregnant women in the water. I am really looking forward to that. Smile/happy
skyllar
skyllar
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1593
Loyalty Rating : 21100

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily*Blossom Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:44 pm

Hi everyone. Sorry to just post a quick negative post, but I started spotting this morning. I am exactly 10 weeks, so this is very disheartening for me. I felt I had reached a milestone today, and now this. I did the exact same thing when I was pregnant with LM. Like around the time my period was supposed to start (even though I was pregnant) I spotted. I am trying to stay calm, there's nothing that can be done until tomorrow anyways. My doctor is great, so I know they will squeeze me in for an ultrasound. I am trying to stay positive, since the same thing happened with LM, but honestly, there's nothing I can do right now, so I am just going to chill for now. I still have all my symptoms, so hopefully that is a good sign, and the spotting will just be unexplained or whatever.

xxxxxxx
Lily*Blossom
Lily*Blossom

Back to top Go down

Post  Angel Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:21 pm

Do try n stay calm sweetpea,it can be caused by anythin at this time,it happened with LM and she made it just fine! hugs xxx
Angel
Angel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgi Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:26 pm

Tiff - Just you remember that phone call Wink that was more than spotting too!! However, I know it's awful when you see any kind of spotting/bleeding in pregnancy BUT as you know from experience it can be just that simple spotting!!! {{hugs}}

All of you gestimating your babies weight.......I was told Klara would be no-more than what Theo weighed (6lbs 15 ozs) as I was 1.) measuring behind 2.) gained less weight in this pregnancy 3.) Baby being female...how wrong were they!!!
Georgi
Georgi
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2544
Loyalty Rating : 21396

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/Cleo

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgi Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:29 pm

Just to add as I know you will welcome my support Tiff I will say a little pray for you x x (can't do any harm!!)
Georgi
Georgi
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2544
Loyalty Rating : 21396

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/Cleo

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily*Blossom Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:37 pm

Thanks Angel and Georgi. Sure love you gals.

I am disheartened, but I also know that a beautiful baby can come even after spotting. Georgi I remember our phone call well, I have never forgotten your kindness Smile/happy

Supposedly the chances of miscarriage after a healthy heart beat is seen go down to less than 10 percent. My chances at 10 weeks are about 5 percent. Most women who are miscarrying don't see bleeding until about 2 weeks after the embryo has stopped developing in the first place, and less than two weeks ago I was looking at a healthy baby with a heart beat. So hopefully my doctor will fit me in tomorrow for an ultrasound, and all will be well.

My DH has been great, he said to relax, put my feet up, don't lift the baby if I can help it. He is bringing home dinner for us.

It was a few slivers of red blood in my CM on the toilet paper, almost like what you would experience with implantation or something. Really weird that it is happening at the exact same time as it did with LM.

So it could go either way. I still feel pregnant, very nauseous, starving all the time, so I am keeping the faith.

I am a believer in prayer, so I'll take any you girls are offering! Smile/happy
Lily*Blossom
Lily*Blossom

Back to top Go down

Post  Lou Lou Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:13 pm

Hey Tiff.
I am saying prayers for you! I hope you are doing ok.

Anymore spotting?

Lou Lou
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1345
Loyalty Rating : 20292

Back to top Go down

Post  skyllar Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:17 pm

Tiff -- I am sorry to hear that you have had some spotting today. I am keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. Hopefully it is the same as you had with LM and the baby is fine! Keep us posted if you can.
skyllar
skyllar
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1593
Loyalty Rating : 21100

Back to top Go down

Post  Angel Sun Feb 21, 2010 5:24 pm

I am visualising your baby growing strong and healthy in your womb,some women spot with ALL their pregnancys.Georgi spotted with both hers I believe....either way.I am thinking of you,try and do as little as possible and stay as relaxed as you can!Watch happy movies to keep your mind from focussing on negative thoughts! Big hugs xx
Angel
Angel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily*Blossom Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:43 pm

OK. My appointment is in two hours. 1:45 p.m. pacific time. I will update you guys as soon as I can.

xxxxxxxxxxxx
Lily*Blossom
Lily*Blossom

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 18 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 18  Next