Parent Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 7 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 7 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 185 on Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:41 pm
Just popped in

Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

Comments: 0

Anyone still here?

Tue May 17, 2011 11:39 am by MommaBear

Comments: 7

Latest topics
» Kerala Flats: “An Abode Built In Harmony”
Losing weight: Sucess Stories EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 7:04 am by jesobere

» So who is who?
Losing weight: Sucess Stories EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 4:39 am by Nikki985

» Pregnant!!
Losing weight: Sucess Stories EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 8:03 pm by mscherry42

» Anyone else in the TWW?
Losing weight: Sucess Stories EmptyWed May 22, 2013 7:40 am by Nelli2013

» Just popped in
Losing weight: Sucess Stories EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

» Organic Baby Products - For my Baby!!!!!!!!
Losing weight: Sucess Stories EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 1:49 am by sarahgreen

» On to #3!!
Losing weight: Sucess Stories EmptyThu May 17, 2012 2:53 pm by Angel

» Nexplanon implant
Losing weight: Sucess Stories EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 2:04 pm by lindzee

» TTC'rs ,Charters and Chart Cheerleaders! 2010~
Losing weight: Sucess Stories EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 1:57 pm by lindzee

Gallery

Losing weight: Sucess Stories Empty
Statistics
We have 90 registered users
The newest registered user is galaxy1981

Our users have posted a total of 28198 messages in 1516 subjects
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

Losing weight: Sucess Stories

5 posters

Go down

Losing weight: Sucess Stories Empty Losing weight: Sucess Stories

Post  BethG Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:01 pm

I used to be slender, then not so slender, and then plump, and *sigh* dare I say it, admit it, now fat. No, I'm serious. I'm not happy at all with the way I look. And I finally finally got pissed off enought about it to try to do something about it. Gawd, this hard for me to even talk about! I actually had one of those moments in a clothing store where I caught sight of myself in a mirror and was shocked....like I never realized that was me. I dumped the clothing I was going to try on and left.

So last week I started the Special K Challenge. I'm not even sure now how/why I thought to look into it, but I did. And so far *knock on wood* it's working! Lost 2lbs last week and already a half pound this week! Ok, that's not much in the big picture but I'm very encouraged.

It's not always easy, but it's not killer either.
----1/2 cup Special K cereal for breakfast with 1/2 cup fruit and 2/3 cup skim milk, but I use 2% instead.
----Same for lunch. Ok, that one's tougher.
But you're allowed snacks too. They of course recommend SpecialK cereal bars but also fruits/veggies. I can't make it through the afternoon without something but I find eating green grapes is pretty filling. I have an apple on hand as a backup snack, lol.
----Dinner as usual.

I don't even follow it 7 days a week (Mon-Thurs) but try hard to watch what I eat otherwise, especially portion size. Sooooo, *pat myself on the back* I'm pleased with what I've accomplished so far.

Oh, I do have another cheat. I have been taking an OTC appetite suppressant -- no ephedra though. Still a bit worried about it though. Is there anything safe out there?

Anybody else have a diet/weight loss plan that's working for them?
BethG
BethG
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1776
Loyalty Rating : 22677
Registration date : 2008-10-08

Back to top Go down

Losing weight: Sucess Stories Empty Re: Losing weight: Sucess Stories

Post  Lou Lou Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:58 pm

Beth - I had that same type of moment about 6 years ago! I didn't recognize myself!
The very next day I joined Weight Watchers. I lost a lot of weight and kept most of it off until I got pregnant.... now I'm trying to lose that last 15 pounds of baby weight.

I can't really diet because I'm nursing but I am walking for an hour 3-5 days a week and trying to watch what I eat. Once I stop nursing I plan on getting back on WW and getting this extra weight off!

Good luck to you! Keep us posted on your success!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lou Lou

Lou Lou
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1345
Loyalty Rating : 20262
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Myste Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:25 am

I lost 40 lbs when I joined culinary school. I think it was a combination of things - more exercise walking around to/from classes, and a much greater awareness of the food I was eating. Another big help was learning how to set goals.

I kept 35 of those lbs off for 5 years. Unfortunately I gained them all back with interest when I quit smoking. I'm now about 70 lb overweight, and 30lb more than I was when I started losing the first time. Now that I'm pregnant I can't really lose weight but I"m still working on being more active, walking more and getting what exercise I can.
Myste
Myste
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Number of posts : 182
Loyalty Rating : 17238
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  24Penguins Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:32 am

that is so awesome beth! and in inspiration as well! i really need to get off my fat butt and do something as well. i suppose doctors would classify me as obsese (i dont really think im THAT fat, i mean i know im fat, but come on!!). anyways, im hoping to make my surgery a new start! of course, it will probably have to be after i recover cause god knows what DF will feed me when im recovering LOL!! but seriously, i think this will be a lot easier with the support of eachother! and im proud of you for loosing those 2 1/2 pounds. that is an awesome start!!!
24Penguins
24Penguins
Parentiseaholic
Parentiseaholic

Number of posts : 2661
Loyalty Rating : 18784

http://www.myspace.com/24penguins

Back to top Go down

Post  BethG Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:14 pm

So down a total of 3lbs so far. Not exactly setting the world on fire, but I'm ok with it Like I said, I'm not following the plan religiously, strictly. Walked for about 20min at lunch both yesterday and today. Maybe that'll help if I can keep at it.

I've been avoiding the appetite suppressants though which makes me feel better since I was nervous about using them. A friend suggested a bit of protein in the afternoons since that's when I get hungry the most. So I usually have my green grapes but also a SpecialK cereal bar thingy, only 90 calories but 1gram of protein. Seems to help keep me more level.

Nika, you mentioned a diet plan in another thread....so what are you going to do?
BethG
BethG
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  Lou Lou Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:58 pm

Beth!
Congrats on the 3 pounds! I know it feels slow but you ARE making progress!!!
I think that walking could honestly be the best thing you can do for yourself!
I've been walking a ton lately and even though the scale isn't moving as much I have dropped a pant size in just a few weeks!!!! I was shocked when I went to the store the other day!!!!
Keep up the good work!

OT - Myste - I didn't realize you went to culinary school!!! I thought you just liked to cook! I'm so envious! I am not a good cook at all and would like to learn. I have even been looking around town for cooking classes!!

Lou Lou
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1345
Loyalty Rating : 20262
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  24Penguins Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:31 pm

beth! thats awesome!!!! yay for beth!! its better to loose the weight slow and steady than to just shed it all real quick! so youve got a GREAT start going for you!!!

hehe as for me i dont know if ive lost anything since i havent been on my diet for a whole week yet, and i weighed myself the first day and vowed to not weigh myself more than once a week otherwise i will obssess like crazy LOL!!! so i will let yall know on Friday morning if my diet has worked at all!!!
24Penguins
24Penguins
Parentiseaholic
Parentiseaholic

Number of posts : 2661
Loyalty Rating : 18784

http://www.myspace.com/24penguins

Back to top Go down

Post  BethG Sun Nov 09, 2008 12:17 pm

Wow, it's been a month since i started this thread! Well my initial success had not continued at the same rate, but I haven't given up. Finally down 5lbs now. Not much, but I'm still trying. It really has gotten easier to eat less, and i'm trying to make better food choices, but still easy to get tripped out while eating out. Not giving up though.

I think some of the hormonal drugs I've been on for months now have caused some of this weight gain, and hopefully since I'm off everything this month, some more weight will drop off this month.
BethG
BethG
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  briecheese Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:12 pm

Losing weight is hard. I use to work as a nutrition educator and have recently just lost the rest of my pregnancy weight. I'm breastfeeding and expected the weight to fall off but I really had to work to get that last 10 lbs. off.

I highly recommend eating lots of veggies and lean protein. Counting calories also really works. There are websites that help with that. But if you do anything make sure you eat lots of fiber, drink water, and consume lean protein with every meal and snack.
briecheese
briecheese
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Number of posts : 67
Loyalty Rating : 17199
Registration date : 2008-09-21

http://www.camandjenjones.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content