Parent Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 185 on Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:41 pm
Just popped in

Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

Comments: 0

Anyone still here?

Tue May 17, 2011 11:39 am by MommaBear

Comments: 7

Latest topics
» Kerala Flats: “An Abode Built In Harmony”
Boy or GIRL for MYSTE - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 7:04 am by jesobere

» So who is who?
Boy or GIRL for MYSTE - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 4:39 am by Nikki985

» Pregnant!!
Boy or GIRL for MYSTE - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 8:03 pm by mscherry42

» Anyone else in the TWW?
Boy or GIRL for MYSTE - Page 2 EmptyWed May 22, 2013 7:40 am by Nelli2013

» Just popped in
Boy or GIRL for MYSTE - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

» Organic Baby Products - For my Baby!!!!!!!!
Boy or GIRL for MYSTE - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 1:49 am by sarahgreen

» On to #3!!
Boy or GIRL for MYSTE - Page 2 EmptyThu May 17, 2012 2:53 pm by Angel

» Nexplanon implant
Boy or GIRL for MYSTE - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 2:04 pm by lindzee

» TTC'rs ,Charters and Chart Cheerleaders! 2010~
Boy or GIRL for MYSTE - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 1:57 pm by lindzee

Gallery

Boy or GIRL for MYSTE - Page 2 Empty
Statistics
We have 90 registered users
The newest registered user is galaxy1981

Our users have posted a total of 28198 messages in 1516 subjects
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

Boy or GIRL for MYSTE

+7
Lily*Blossom
Helen
Myste
Lou Lou
skyllar
24Penguins
Georgi
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

What do you think?

Boy or GIRL for MYSTE - Page 2 Vote_lcap40%Boy or GIRL for MYSTE - Page 2 Vote_rcap 40% 
[ 4 ]
Boy or GIRL for MYSTE - Page 2 Vote_lcap60%Boy or GIRL for MYSTE - Page 2 Vote_rcap 60% 
[ 6 ]

Total Votes : 10

Boy or GIRL for MYSTE - Page 2 Empty Re: Boy or GIRL for MYSTE

Post  Myste Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:58 pm

We're both still somewhat in a state of shock. We were really hoping for a girl, silly as it may be. I thought that I'd somewhat gotten my head wrapped around a boy but when being faced with the reality of it, it's still an OMG WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO feeling. Sort of like we were confident we knew how to handle a girl but had no clue how to handle a boy. I guess we'll figure it out!

Now comes the picking out of names and figuring out colors/furniture/etc for the nursery for a boy.
Myste
Myste
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Number of posts : 182
Loyalty Rating : 17277
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Lou Lou Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:44 am

I thought the same thing. I mean, I'm a girl. I KNOW girl stuff!!!!! But trust me, once they place that tiny, beautiful baby BOY in your arms and you see that he is just a little piece of heaven with your husband's eyes and your fingers.... you will know exactly what to do.
And you'll adjust to overalls and blocks and little toy trucks - you'll still check out all the little girl dresses when you shop for him.... but trust me..... it's going to be the best experience of your life!!!!!!!!

I promise!!!!!!!!

MYSTE - I'M JUST SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!!!!!

Lou Lou
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1345
Loyalty Rating : 20301
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Lou Lou Sat Jan 10, 2009 1:45 am

by the way..... I'm an interior designer so if you need help with your nursery let me know!

Lou Lou
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgi Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:36 am

Myste - My husband REALLY wanted a girl and was so sure that we were having a girl that he convinced me, we picked out a girls name and mentally I felt prepared then when at the scan they said take a look at the screen and I saw what looked like boy bits I turned to my husband and told him it's a boy (the sonographer NEVER actually told us but I am dam sure she would have corrected me if I had got it wrong!) my husband actually had tears in his eyes, to this day he says that he was just blown away by looking at our baby BUT I know that at that time he was slightly disappointed (he'd be lying if he said he wasn't) Anyway over the next couple of weeks I literally fell in love with my baby boy, I talked to him and felt that he now had an identity. By the time Theo was born we were both very much adjusted to the idea of having a boy and even though I STILL look at baby girl clothes (like Lou Lou says) I am not bad at selecting thing's for boys LOL! but on a more serious note, I feel that a baby boy was my fate, he chose me as his Mummy Smile/happy I love him so much of course I am not suggesting that you won't love your baby boy far from it, it's an amazing love like no other and whether you have a GIRL or a BOY that doesn't change!! My husband is now thrilled that we had a baby boy first, he says that Theo can protect his baby sister!!!!!

Also BRILLIANT scan pics! I can't believe how simular the profile pic looks to Theo's profile scan pic! I will upload it later for you.

CONGRATULATIONS again!!
Georgi
Georgi
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2544
Loyalty Rating : 21405
Registration date : 2008-09-09

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/Cleo

Back to top Go down

Post  skyllar Sat Jan 10, 2009 4:28 pm

It's funny, cause I think I wanted a girl, too. But from very early in the pregnancy I kept called the baby 'he' and sure enough when we had the scan they said 'it's a boy'. I thought, that was weird. Now I wouldn't want to change a thing. Having a boy is sooooo much fun, too. Actually I love buying boy clothes since I am not too fond of pink as a color. So I'll probably be one of the few Moms that will look for alternate colors besides pink should we ever have a girl. LOL I already picked out Kian's first pair of Chuck Tailor high tops for when he starts walking. And I love denim overalls, and his down vest and stuff. There are some cute boy clothes, too. (although sometimes a little harder to find, LOL). Once the shock wears off, I am sure, you will be super excited, and I am sure you will have tons of fun with your baby boy!!! Smile/happy
skyllar
skyllar
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1593
Loyalty Rating : 21109
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Myste Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:49 pm

Thanks for the reassurance ladies. Still having a bit of a hard time with it but slowly adjusting. Still feels wierd to say "our son".

Still no idea on names or nursery ideas. I'm making all the crib bedding, etc myself so want to figure it out soon so I have time. We've been debating names, he refuses to use Dale as a first name (after my dad) and yet won't offer name suggestions. it's driving me nuts!
Myste
Myste
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Lou Lou Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:54 pm

Glad to hear you are calling him "our son"! We called him BB until the day before he was born! (stands for baby boy!)
We couldn't agree on a name either and in the end I won!
Could you compromise and use Dale as a middle name? That way, you still get to use the name you love.... Dale would go really well with TONS of names!

Have you thought about a color pallet for your son's room? Smile/happy

Lou Lou
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  Myste Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:19 am

Yeah, right now the plan is for Dale as a middle name, but don't know what we'll use for a first name... if DF doesn't start coming up with ideas though I might get my way by default!

We're not entirely sure about the pallet or theme - DF doesn't want anything too "masculine" like cowboys or cars or stuff (Don't wanna push the baby to be "manly" or anything... *rolls eyes*)

Here's a couple we're looking at: http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wishlist/3R7FZW8WXS5JY
No way in heck am I ever going to pay well over $300 for a 3-piece bedding set though! These are mostly for ideas, although the one cheap one we might get if we decide on that pattern. I can handle making most of it myself so long as it's fairly simple patterns, I'm a semi-novice sempstress.
Myste
Myste
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Mum of jj Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:25 am

Wow they are gorgeous!! They are very simple designs so its not hard to match other accessories. You could always get that artistic side out and paint a couple of small canvases to match the theme to put on the wall!
Im so excited for you, i loved doing the nursery up!!!
Mum of jj
Mum of jj

Number of posts : 622
Loyalty Rating : 17643

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2