Parent Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 185 on Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:41 pm
Just popped in

Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

Comments: 0

Anyone still here?

Tue May 17, 2011 11:39 am by MommaBear

Comments: 7

Latest topics
» Kerala Flats: “An Abode Built In Harmony”
My thoughts while reading the book - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 7:04 am by jesobere

» So who is who?
My thoughts while reading the book - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 4:39 am by Nikki985

» Pregnant!!
My thoughts while reading the book - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 8:03 pm by mscherry42

» Anyone else in the TWW?
My thoughts while reading the book - Page 2 EmptyWed May 22, 2013 7:40 am by Nelli2013

» Just popped in
My thoughts while reading the book - Page 2 EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

» Organic Baby Products - For my Baby!!!!!!!!
My thoughts while reading the book - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 1:49 am by sarahgreen

» On to #3!!
My thoughts while reading the book - Page 2 EmptyThu May 17, 2012 2:53 pm by Angel

» Nexplanon implant
My thoughts while reading the book - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 2:04 pm by lindzee

» TTC'rs ,Charters and Chart Cheerleaders! 2010~
My thoughts while reading the book - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 1:57 pm by lindzee

Gallery

My thoughts while reading the book - Page 2 Empty
Statistics
We have 90 registered users
The newest registered user is galaxy1981

Our users have posted a total of 28198 messages in 1516 subjects
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

My thoughts while reading the book

4 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

My thoughts while reading the book - Page 2 Empty Re: My thoughts while reading the book

Post  Angel Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:25 pm

I cant WAIT to see your vision board bethy!Will you post it in the vision board gallery!I love loking at other peoples boards! Smile/happy is hubby gonna make on too? Or is that too cheesy for him?lol
Angel
Angel
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2197
Loyalty Rating : 21304
Registration date : 2008-09-09

https://parentise.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

My thoughts while reading the book - Page 2 Empty Re: My thoughts while reading the book

Post  Angel Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:27 pm

Oh I also meant to comment on the end of your before last post,those ideas (baby christmas 2009) sound wonderful.Baby will be a month old at least so it will be nice to keep! lol Wonderul ideas,keep going!
Angel
Angel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  White Lily Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:41 am

I have also been seeing the negativity in people this week! Especially a certain work colleague of mine! lol! But I am also seeing positivity aswell! For instance yesturday I went home for lunch and just as I turned the TV on they were talking about the power of positive thinking! I thought it was very appropriate!

I think, looking back at this week, I have done very well considering the circumstances. Just take my HSG for example. I get pretty stressed out before ANY medical procedure, especially relating to my fertility but I didn't stress out at all! I received potentially bad news at the HSG that it's possible that my left tube is blocked. I would imagine that would be enough to make me go to pieces normally but I focussed on the fact that my right tube is good. I was GRATEFULL that I have at least one good tube and took that as very good news. They have booked me in for a lap, again this would normally have me in a panic as I have NEVER had surgery before and the thought of it has always scared the life out of me, but even this isn't enough to start me worrying!

I have seen other ladies on other boards go to pieces receiving news like I did this week but I am feeling quite the opposite, this has given me so much hope! Plus, I think I posted in a positive way after hearing my news and this resulted in lots of positive posts coming back to me. Again, on other sites when ladies have had the same news as me and all the posts have been along the lines of "Oh I am so sorry" I don't think anyone has said that to me!
White Lily
White Lily
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1272
Loyalty Rating : 18336
Registration date : 2008-09-11

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/0mel0

Back to top Go down

Post  BethG Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:36 pm

mel, I LOVE your focus!

Had a few Secret Shout-Outs today. Just ways of reminding me of my focus I guess. First of all, I was stuck behind a stalled truck this morning (minus 20 below zero this morning!) when I noticed another car's license plate: B64BY. I instantly read it as "BABY" however. During my lunch hour I went to a local needlework/quilting shop to search from my cross-stitch pattern. Found something suitable and I also checked out a line of cross-stitch/beaded Christmas ornament kits that I really like. There was one that was simply the word BELIEVE. Wow! I bought it, lol. Just last night I had printed out the word BELIEVE in calligraphy for my Vision Board. Leaving the shop, I spotted a billboard with......the word BELIEVE on it again! Ok, it was for a cell phone company, but that was the word I instantly saw! Then I saw another billboard with a woman's pregnant belly with her hands making a heart shape over it. I HAD seen that billboard several times before though but made a special point of looking at it again today. I guess there's things out there to keep us on track!

Here's a pic of the BELIEVE ornamant.
My thoughts while reading the book - Page 2 Mh168311
BethG
BethG
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1776
Loyalty Rating : 22668
Registration date : 2008-10-08

Back to top Go down

Post  Angel Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:49 pm

Amazing huh beth,once you become aware,you start seeing proof and littke 'signs' all around you! Wink I think you're doing amazing!Keep believing girl! sticky dust
Angel
Angel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgi Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:52 pm

I think you are doing amazingly well, aswell!! You are so positive it makes me feel positively positive so already you are sending out POSITIVE vibes!! Wink
Georgi
Georgi
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2544
Loyalty Rating : 21357

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/Cleo

Back to top Go down

Post  White Lily Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:13 pm

Well I finished reading the book just over a week ago, then everything went to crap! lol! I feel like this is such a big test for me the way things are at the moment. I started reading the book again today to try to instill positive thinking in my mind. It seemed to help with my worrying when I read it the first time round but I found as soon as I finished I was back to my usual worrisome self. I just need to find a way to stop worrying about everything in my life, be it big or small!!! I just seem incapable of switching it off! Any tips?
White Lily
White Lily
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  BethG Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:55 pm

mel! You're doing better than me....I'm still reading! I did order my own copy though and got it Saturday in the mail. Smile/happy

I have a.....a mantra I guess you could call it. And whenever I find myself worrying about something, thinking a negative thought, in my case about TTC and pregnancy, I repeat it to myself. "I am pregnant. I deserve to be pregnant. I can handle being pregnant." I look at my Vision Board everyday, which is on a file cabinet right next to my dresser, while I get ready in the mornings, and I repeat the mantra to myself.

Whatever you're worrying about....tell yourself the opposite but always with a positive spin.

I have to admit though that I'm struggling just a bit myself right now, regarding TTC of course. I was so pleased that the acupuncture was going well and was so sure that I ovulated. I was expecting to see that BFP or at the worst, AF. But now I can't get answers either way. I'm in limbo! But I guess I'm worrying too much about the HOW of things again and just need to Believe a bit more.

Speaking of BELIEVE....I started my BELIEVE Christmas ornament over the weekend and it's coming together fast. I knew it'd be a quick project. I plan to hang it where I can look at it everyday. After that, onto Baby's First Christmas project.
BethG
BethG
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  Angel Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:10 pm

Beth,if I were to comment on your situation,I would first of all say'you are doing amazing'the trickiest part of the secret is keeping momentum and not giving up the first time something you expect doesnt come your way or that takes longer than you thought it would,THIS is when most people give up.This is when you have to believ more than ever,we are condition to give up and doubt and be negative when something doesnt happen immediately,they say in the movie,thats when it's right beneatht the surface waiting to break through.It WILL come,but you have to keep belieing against ALL odds.Also remind yourself of the positive 'coincidences that have happend so far' Things DO happen,perhaps bit by bit,perhaps all at once,the key is to KNOW it's coming not worry about how,just like you said Beth,if ti ends up taking2-3-4 cycles to get preg.Does it matter?Does it matter WHAT caused you to get preg?NO,it just matters that you will.Hang in there you are doing great,nows the time to believe more than ever!

Mel,one of the things I would say you should change is what you write,you have to believe that you CAN be positive firstly,which you can,ANYONE can undergo a point of view alteration,or a mindset change.It's just about conditioning yourself to.Try post-its,on your mirror everyday like Beth,something visual to remind you.It WILL take some work,it's not just about you readin a book and your life changing YOU have to be the change you want to see in yourself firstly,then everything else will start changing.But I do as the guy does in the movie and direct you back to what you wrote;

"back to my usual worrisome self. I just need to find a way to stop worrying about everything in my life, be it big or small!!! I just seem incapable of switching it off! Any tips?.You trully believe that you are like this and thats that,there's no way it's going to change,but YOU have to start doing little things to make it change.It wont happen for you.Find what works for you,try and do something physical TODAY,take action,make a post-it and wirte something positive where you can see it each morning and each night.Then throughout the day,have a post-it on your desk and just write "don't worry about the negative thought,let it go...NOW what DO I WANT to daydream about" and then maybe list of two or three things *baby,*nice warm hoiday*cuddles with DH? Whatever works for you,but this really is ON YOU hunny!No ONE here can change it,YOU CAN do it,just dont worry if you slip up,practice,practive practivce,you will start to notice when you think a negative thought and be able to cath you.I have negative thoughts still and I watched the secret almost 2 years ago for the first time.I just try and catch it,stop and turn it around! Smile/happy Make a vision board,but you have to do soemthing for YOU,something physcical,it doesnt have to be fancy,maybe just some words,but it must come from you and you must carry it out everyday or as much as you can in order for it to work.Try to not write negaitve things about yourself as if they are fact! Such as the above,try and either leave it out all togehter or turn your sentance into a positive one.

YOU CAN CHANGE<it's right there within you,you can phsyically control what you say/do and after a while think! Smile/happy

hugs!
Angel
Angel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  BethG Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:41 am

Angel, thanks for the comments. Makes sense to me. Hope it helps you mel! Like Angel said, it's about conditioning yourself.
BethG
BethG
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  BethG Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:39 pm

Wow, I'm completely blown away at the moment. I hadn't even shared it with you all yet, but I had decided I had a second thing I wanted to ask for. I decided that if I made more money, some of the worries....ah, I mean concerns....I have about getting our house baby-ready, perhaps a newer car, would be alleviated. I make a pretty decent salary and also commissions, but the commissions are a small part of my overall income. My goal in the past has always been $200/mo in commissions because that's what I needed to make a loan payment. I always seem to make that amount. Sometimes more but only once was it less.

Well I decided last week that I wanted to double that amount per month. I even started a Vision Board process for it (haven't shown it to you yet) except that amount somehow became $500/mo. I mentioned my goal to my boss yesterday. See this affects him too because we're a team. I pretty much provide sales support and customer service but he makes the sales. But my income is tied to his because if he doesn't make money, he won't be able to afford my salary. So it's always in my best interest to motivate him anyway.

Anyway......I checked my direct bank deposit today and was pleasantly surprised to see a very nice amount deposited. Then it hit me.....if I added that amount to my other commissions this month, it added up to just over $500!

Just kinda boggled my mind for a moment.
BethG
BethG
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  White Lily Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:09 pm

OMG Beth! That really is amazing!!! Great news hun and I take it this has helped re-inforce the positive thinking? YAY!!!

Angel, your bossy shock But I know what you mean hun. After I read my post yesturday I knew it was all typed in a negative way and I totally get what you are saying. And I honestly don't just expect to read a book and expect that to change my way of thinking, I know only I can change that but I didn't realise it would be so damn hard! lol!!! But I sort of feel back on track and I have been reading a little bit from the book every day, even if it's just a couple of pages. Oh and I think I have found something to cheer me up when I am feeling down.... singing!!! When I get home from work I walk around singing happy little songs to myself (and the poor dogs!) and it turns my mood around!
White Lily
White Lily
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  Angel Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:11 pm

And THATS how it works Wink So happy for you Beth! Smile/happy
Angel
Angel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  White Lily Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:37 pm

I made the decision today that I need to see the DVD! I am still reading bits of the book every day but I need something more visual I think! I will be watching it soon!
White Lily
White Lily
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  Angel Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:44 pm

I think thats a great idea.I think everyone should see it at least once.I havm't read the book,but a LOT of things click into place and make sense when you watch the movie! Smile/happy
Angel
Angel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  White Lily Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:50 am

From wht you have said the book is just like the film, alot of the examples you have mentioned are in the book. I just think it will help if I can *see* the film and *see* all the people talking about what they have experienced. Don't know if that makes any sense but I just believe it will make it all seem more real too me.
White Lily
White Lily
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  Angel Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:10 am

yes it makes total sense mel! Smile/happy Some people are visual people (they have to see things) in order to comprehend them better,some people have to listen to things,some people have to read things and so on and so forth.We are different if you can find a good way to recieve the message for you then thats what you should do! Smile/happy when are you going to get it?
Angel
Angel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  BethG Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:56 pm

So I admit I've been discouraged lately. I was soooo positive something good was coming from all of this -- the focusing, the thinking, the acupuncture sessions. I felt that even if I didn't get a BFP, I'd have a nice normal ovulatory cycle, which itself would be an accomplishment. So when none of that happened (annovulatory cycle, and a long one at that), I got frustrated.

I went back to the acu doc, and after two sessions, WHAAAA-LA, the AF shows up. So now I'm feeling better that I'm starting a new cycle and have hope again.

The book, and maybe the movie too, talk about signs/messages in the Universe that are trying to tell us something. I think of them as little "shout-outs" when I see something that brings back my focus. Remember the Believe billboard I saw, the Believe ornament I made? BELIEVE has kind of become my keyword.

So I've been a bit tense for the past two acu sessions and she can always tell it. Just frustrated with my cycle. Busy at work. The usual. I've learned that it's best if I listen to my iPod during my sessions because their music will not block out other background noise/voices. I get too distracted by the sounds. Because I've been tense lately, I decided to create a quick little playlist of songs that were not so up-tempo, more quiet, more soothing, not head-bangy or anything, lol. I just chose them for their musical content, not so much the lyrics. So last evening, I'm lying there stuck full of acu needles, listening to the music, trying to think positive thoughts. I hadn't even realized I had chosen this particular song until I heard it. I nearly sat up when I hear the lyrics. It was "Don't Stop Believin'" by Journey. Even my sub-conscious is trying to tell me something, huh?
BethG
BethG
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  Angel Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:22 pm

I agree Beth that is amazing,but I totally believe it with no problem at all>The one thing I will reitterate as they do in the book is.It's pretty easy to get excited and start out all full of enthusiasme and possitivity.The hard part is KEEPING it up and pushing through when it doesnt happen the first time,or right away.I think the key here is not to say 'I THOUGHT .... would happen" But to keep going,put aside that thought and keep soing what your doing...remember it doesnt MATTE HOW you get it,as long as you do right?Well,what if PART of your getting your BFP is having your cycles rebooted with accu and it takes 2-4?If this is the way it will be,you wont KNOW this coz no one will tellyou,thats not the way it works and it's not your job to know,it is your job to have faith when you can't see a way and trust that it IS coming and on its way when it least looks like it.Thats the hard part.I do believe you should keep BELIEVING in your messages...I believe they happen for a reason,a reminder.It's funny I was in the dollar store yesterday and saw a GREAT little ornament that said 'believe'on it,I ALMSOT bought it for you,but thought,I shouldbt interfere and besides you might not like it,but I also had that word jump out AT ME with your name! Smile/happy

Keep on,no matter what it takes or how long.YOUr BABY IS on her/his way just making sure everything is in order for them to get here! Smile/happy
Angel
Angel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  BethG Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:25 am

Angel, that was sweet you thought of me when you saw that ornament! I've done stuff like that before too.

Law of attraction at work: Friday night hubby and I were at Steak and Shake. Quite busy. Several families with toddlers, all girls. I mentioned to hubby that one little girl near us was cute. He said the one behind me I hadn't seen was cuter! (she was!). Although we'd like a boy, I see how hubby would love a daughter too (of course, he would, but you know what I mean). He seems particularly enamoured of little girl babies. And while we were there, not one but TWO pregnant women. Our private joke now is "hey, do you wanna keep that baby? We'll take it!"

I found out last week that another gal who works at the acu doctor's office is pregnant. So that's two ladies there now as well.
BethG
BethG
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  Angel Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:49 am

Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Kiss Smile/happy Smile/happy Smile/happy Smile/happy Smile/happy Smile/happy
Angel
Angel
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  BethG Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:11 am

Ugh. Had a mini-breakdown while driving to work yesterday and started crying (not a good combo!). I just hate that my body does not want to work. My mood seemed to match the day (gloomy) but cheered up some when the sun finally came up in the late afternoon.

Professionally things are going very well. Boss seems inspired again and we're finding new business, new clients left and right. It's quite amazing. We've done more business in the first week in Feb. than we did all of January. Yesterday I had a client call with a small issue. We hadn't talked to the man in quite some time. Now I could have taken care of him with a bit of research and a brief consult with the boss, but I just *knew* that Al (boss) should speak with him. Yep, I was right. The man is coming in today with $200,000 to invest because he sold his business. Smile/happy Just a gift from heaven right there, and that's how it's been all month so far. And we have some much bigger potential cases in the works. With just a little effort, they come to us! That's what I do, by the way, investment (and life insurance) sales.
BethG
BethG
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2