Parent Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 185 on Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:41 pm
Just popped in

Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

Comments: 0

Anyone still here?

Tue May 17, 2011 11:39 am by MommaBear

Comments: 7

Latest topics
» Kerala Flats: “An Abode Built In Harmony”
The basics of Weaning....help please! EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 7:04 am by jesobere

» So who is who?
The basics of Weaning....help please! EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 4:39 am by Nikki985

» Pregnant!!
The basics of Weaning....help please! EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 8:03 pm by mscherry42

» Anyone else in the TWW?
The basics of Weaning....help please! EmptyWed May 22, 2013 7:40 am by Nelli2013

» Just popped in
The basics of Weaning....help please! EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

» Organic Baby Products - For my Baby!!!!!!!!
The basics of Weaning....help please! EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 1:49 am by sarahgreen

» On to #3!!
The basics of Weaning....help please! EmptyThu May 17, 2012 2:53 pm by Angel

» Nexplanon implant
The basics of Weaning....help please! EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 2:04 pm by lindzee

» TTC'rs ,Charters and Chart Cheerleaders! 2010~
The basics of Weaning....help please! EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 1:57 pm by lindzee

Gallery

The basics of Weaning....help please! Empty
Statistics
We have 90 registered users
The newest registered user is galaxy1981

Our users have posted a total of 28198 messages in 1516 subjects
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

The basics of Weaning....help please!

4 posters

Go down

The basics of Weaning....help please! Empty The basics of Weaning....help please!

Post  Georgi Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:40 pm

I started Theo on rice cereal last last Monday so this Monday coming he would have been on it for 2 weeks, I am feeding him at 5pm after his milk feed.

When do I start feeding at other times during the day?? I am so confused about this weaning lark, I need some advice please!

Also did any of your LO's get a mild rash on their cheeks when you first introduced solids??
Georgi
Georgi
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 2544
Loyalty Rating : 21420
Registration date : 2008-09-09

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/Cleo

Back to top Go down

The basics of Weaning....help please! Empty Re: The basics of Weaning....help please!

Post  galaxy Fri Sep 19, 2008 3:00 pm

Hey Georgi,

I was told by my health visitors not to try new foods in the evening as if it is going to upset their little tums, then the last thing you want is for it to be at bedtime. I wanted to give Molly solids though as late in the day as possible to get her to sleep for longer, which she did. I gave her a few spoonfuls at the time I wanted her to eventually have tea, which was around 4pm and then gave her last milk feed at the usual time. I started with baby rice for a week and then tried plum baby 4 grain porridge, which is gluten free. It is made from the 'superfood' quinoa, which Gillian Mckeith is a big fan of. You should be able to get it in any supermarket. I then alternated the two for a week and moved over to simple veg like sweet potato, parsnips, carrot. I didn't devote 2 weeks to each one. Once she had it a couple of times and hadn't had a reaction I moved to a new one. I like the Annabel Karmel books which have some useful tips and I would recommend investing in her ice cube trays which cost £6 for two. You can freeze down purees and then empty the cubes into bags if you want to make a lot in one go. As for the rash on the cheeks, it's normal as is a bit of a sore bottom. Hope that helps hun xxx
galaxy
galaxy
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Number of posts : 768
Loyalty Rating : 19746
Registration date : 2008-09-13

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/12fd6f

Back to top Go down

The basics of Weaning....help please! Empty Re: The basics of Weaning....help please!

Post  Georgi Sat Sep 20, 2008 10:56 am

Thanks for all that info hun...so you basically just fed Molly at tea time for quite a while then? when did you start introducing solids as part of breakfast and lunch this is what I can't get my head around.
Georgi
Georgi
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sparkles Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:47 pm

ok i did post in here but it must have been wiped
I too am feeling a little overwhelmed with figuring out when andhow to introduce more feeds etc
I have been printing out sample menu plans and they give me different ideas
At the moment i still feed Kyrah breast milk as normal. But i have givern her farex for a week and then i introduced pumpkin onsunday which she loved for two days and then wasnt too interested in , i tried apple yesterday and today and she loves it, so i ill do apple again tom and try pumkin again next week. i often feed the food before a milk feed or in between milkk feeds like 45 mins after a milk feed i tried breast feeding then stopping feeding solids then breast feeding again but its too messy and hard. But now i am a little confused on where to go hehehe, some of the sample menus say
early morning -milk
morning( breakfast)- milk then baby cereal and i tablespoon fruit
mid am- milk
lunch milk then baby cereal and 1 tbsp veges and i tbsp meat ( 6-9months)
mid pm- milk
dinner- milk then baby cereal 1-2 tbsp- fruit, 1-2 tbsp- meat
bedtime snack- milk
but this is obviously once they are on solids properly

i have a question- is the baby cereal really important?? or will fruit and veges be enough until they are 6 months???
i dont know if that helps at all
xo keep me posted on how your going with it
sparkles
sparkles
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1294
Loyalty Rating : 19626
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:01 pm

Hey Sparkles, the cereal actually is quite important. It is iron-fortified and lots of babies don't get enough iron. Even if you just mix a few teaspoons in with their fruit or cereal (if they can handle the consistency), it works great.

Georgi, after giving Kenadi cereal once a day for about a week, I moved onto giving it every mealtime. She was then on 3 meals a day and I think I did do just cereal for each meal (w/breastmilk) but I didn't even do that long. I introduced veggies like carrots, squash, and sweet potatoes next. When I started veggies, I did cereal for breakfast, veggie for lunch, veggie for dinner. Then I nursed in between if she seemed hungry and I also nursed at night and in the morning. She still got plenty of milk, but I was glad to be able to get her on a solid schedule fairly quickly. She's much bigger now of course, but she still has cereal w/fruit or milk for breakfast, a veggie/meat and fruit for lunch, and a veggie/meat for dinner. I hope this helped...if you need me to be more specific, I can get her baby book out and tell you exactly what she was eating at around this age Smile/happy its just hard to remember off the top of my head!

Good luck Smile/happy

Back to top Go down

Post  sparkles Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:29 pm

Thanks for the help rylee
Thismorning i gave her rice cereal with apple and she LOVED it i have never seen her eat so fast lol
i think i will start her on a vege for lunch as well and see how she copes with two meals a day
xo
sparkles
sparkles
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  Georgi Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:17 am

All that info is really helpful Smile/happy I have been giving Theo Rice cereal every evening for nearly 3 weeks now and I feel it is time to start introducing some veggies so I am currently boling up some carrots and swede and will obviously mash this up good and proper and try Theo on it tonight Smile/happy I am happy to continue just feeding in the evenings for now but I think in a weeks time I will introduce breakfast!!! so exciting!!
Georgi
Georgi
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Helen Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:06 am

Aww bless him !! I loved weaning Ryan, he just loved everything that went in his mouth lol !!!
Helen
Helen
Rocket Fingers!!
Rocket Fingers!!

Number of posts : 1789
Loyalty Rating : 17713
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post  sparkles Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:16 pm

lol well Kyrah did love everything that went in her mouth so far until we tried potato last night ( i posted a photo in 0-6 month thread)
At the moment i am just doing breakfast and offering lunch but she hasnt been interested in lunch so far i will try anothet vege or mix the pot and pumpkin and see
sparkles
sparkles
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down