Parent Paradise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 185 on Thu Oct 08, 2020 3:41 pm
Just popped in

Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

Comments: 0

Anyone still here?

Tue May 17, 2011 11:39 am by MommaBear

Comments: 7

Latest topics
» Kerala Flats: “An Abode Built In Harmony”
Weaning from Baby Food EmptyMon Jul 22, 2013 7:04 am by jesobere

» So who is who?
Weaning from Baby Food EmptySat Jul 13, 2013 4:39 am by Nikki985

» Pregnant!!
Weaning from Baby Food EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 8:03 pm by mscherry42

» Anyone else in the TWW?
Weaning from Baby Food EmptyWed May 22, 2013 7:40 am by Nelli2013

» Just popped in
Weaning from Baby Food EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 7:05 am by MommaBear

» Organic Baby Products - For my Baby!!!!!!!!
Weaning from Baby Food EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 1:49 am by sarahgreen

» On to #3!!
Weaning from Baby Food EmptyThu May 17, 2012 2:53 pm by Angel

» Nexplanon implant
Weaning from Baby Food EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 2:04 pm by lindzee

» TTC'rs ,Charters and Chart Cheerleaders! 2010~
Weaning from Baby Food EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 1:57 pm by lindzee

Gallery

Weaning from Baby Food Empty
Statistics
We have 90 registered users
The newest registered user is galaxy1981

Our users have posted a total of 28198 messages in 1516 subjects
RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

Weaning from Baby Food

+5
mscherry42
Lily*Blossom
Ginny
24Penguins
Lou Lou
9 posters

Go down

Weaning from Baby Food Empty Weaning from Baby Food

Post  Lou Lou Thu May 21, 2009 2:19 pm

At what age do we (or did you) wean your babies from actual baby food?
I've been trying to come up with ways to do less baby food and more "real" food.

I've been buying more individual cups of veggies and fruits and I try to give him fresh fruits/veggies and bread and little bits of chicken and meat. I also keep a stash of gerber graduate pastas on hand. We also have cherios and goldfish crackers on hand for snacks.

What are you guys feeding your babies now? Are you still using some baby foods?

Lou Lou
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1345
Loyalty Rating : 20316
Registration date : 2008-09-10

Back to top Go down

Weaning from Baby Food Empty Re: Weaning from Baby Food

Post  24Penguins Thu May 21, 2009 4:20 pm

sorry i cant really help, kaydance weaned herself. well, i say that, but really she just boycotted ALL baby foods at 8 months old and i started finding soft people food and mashing up what we ate lol!
24Penguins
24Penguins
Parentiseaholic
Parentiseaholic

Number of posts : 2661
Loyalty Rating : 18838
Registration date : 2008-09-11

http://www.myspace.com/24penguins

Back to top Go down

Post  Ginny Thu May 21, 2009 8:52 pm

thane was just like kaydance! i have like 10 jars of sweet potatoes and turkey and apples and chicken that Thane will not TOUCH! it has to be big people food now in a plate or bowl so he can throw it when hes done and so he can use his fork or spoon Tongue

He wasn't "weaned" from baby food though til maybe about 14 months or so...he still ate it really well til then. We slowly would give him some of our food, and he seems to love garlic, spicy and rotel type tastes! lol

It sounds like you doing perfectly Smile/happy
Ginny
Ginny
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1076
Loyalty Rating : 20158

Back to top Go down

Post  Lily*Blossom Thu May 21, 2009 11:11 pm

LM still eats stage 3 foods. I do give her table foods as well... but she won't eat them until she's had her baby food! If I don't give her baby food from the jar, then I mash up what we are eating, and she loves that too. She still only has 4 bottom teeth in, so she struggles to chew. She is cutting her 4 top teeth right now... so hopefully she'll be able to eat much easier once those are in. She gags like crazy on table food still, but she does enjoy the taste.

Lou Lou- It sounds like you are doing well with transitioning Owen. One day he'll just surprise you and refuse the baby food.
Lily*Blossom
Lily*Blossom

Number of posts : 1880
Loyalty Rating : 20925

Back to top Go down

Post  mscherry42 Fri May 22, 2009 10:40 am

Jayden has always been a great eater. She liked baby food, but when I started introducing our food to her, aside from initial gagging with each new type of food, she did great. I've always felt like baby food and baby cereal is an added expense that needs to be cut out as soon as possible, in that as soon as they're able to eat enough of my food, I stop buying the baby food. Cause in proportion sizes, baby food applesauce has nothing on a large jar of regular applesauce. I would say I pushed Jayden away from baby food. But, I'm also not a big stickler for restricting sugars, sodium, and preservatives either. We're not an unhealthy family by any means, but I know her dr would shake his head at me here and there for some food choices we give them.
mscherry42
mscherry42
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Number of posts : 780
Loyalty Rating : 19473
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Lou Lou Fri May 22, 2009 12:17 pm

Cherry - I'm kinda like you. If he can handle big people food and it saves me money I'm all for it! I'm trying to limit sugar, sodium and preservative intake. I don't want Owen to grow up with weight issues like I've had and I'm hoping that by teaching him to eat the right things early on it will help us both! He LOVES "real" applesauce and I've found a blueberry/pomegranate flavor that is awesome! I do buy the individual packets still because it helps keep things portable and helps keep things from spoiling but it's still cheaper than the baby food. Since we have weaned from formula and made these minor changes with his food my grocery bill is about $25 less a week! THAT'S HUGE!!!!!!! That's $100 a month!!!!!! (I just realized that! ha!)

Lou Lou
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  skyllar Sat May 23, 2009 10:58 pm

Hmm, that's interesting. Kian will still eat some baby food (some veggies, some fruits) - supplementing his finger foods or anytime we eat something I don't want him to eat. Also, when we are on the go or traveling I will have some baby food with me just in case I can't find anything for him to eat. He doesn't eat meat yet (he has tried a tiny bit of organic chicken today) and mainly eats fresh fruits, fresh vegetables, pasta, grains, tofu, egg, yogurt etc. But I don't give him sugar, don't like to give him many preservatives and try to give him organic dairy products whenever I can. So at this point he still has about one little jar a day...
skyllar
skyllar
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1593
Loyalty Rating : 21124
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Lou Lou Sun May 24, 2009 10:45 am

Well, Owen has only had two jars of baby food this week! He has done all finger foods like carrots, peas, green beans, corn, butter beans, cucumbers, strawberries, peaches and bananas. He's also had some chicken, noodles, applesauce, yogurt, blueberry muffins and of course, his beloved cherios and some goldfish crackers.

I've been so concerned about variety but after I wrote this out it looks like he ate a better variety of veggies than I did!!!!! lol

Nicki - did Kian like the chicken? Owen went NUTS the first time he had meat! I guess the taste and texture was so different!!!!

Lou Lou
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Back to top Go down

Post  skyllar Sun May 24, 2009 11:14 am

Lou Lou -- It looks like Owen had a GREAT variety of foods, wow! That is fantastic! And yes, Kian did like the chicken although these days he likes an items once and then no more (he has been a really picky eater when he is teething) so I will definitely try again. Smile/happy
skyllar
skyllar
Part Of The Furniture
Part Of The Furniture

Number of posts : 1593
Loyalty Rating : 21124
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post  soon2b3 Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:53 pm

My first who is 4 now, i think she was fully eating normal food (not baby food) by 12 months, she was a weird eater at the start and would oly eat baby food... With my 2 yr old, well he had to be on solids at 8 weeks old, and basically was eating proper foods from the start, only gave him baby food to see how he went,

soon2b3

Number of posts : 16
Loyalty Rating : 16505
Registration date : 2009-06-09

Back to top Go down

Post  dolly's momma Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:43 am

Still having trouble with Lucy not swallowing food. She eats like a champ, storing it up like a little chipmunk, and then she chokes on it and out it all comes. I try to watch her and give her sips of water, because then she will swallow the food with the water. My husband thinks she just is lacking the teeth still to do the job right yet.
dolly's momma
dolly's momma
Serious Poster
Serious Poster

Number of posts : 566
Loyalty Rating : 18440
Registration date : 2008-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post  pinky Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:57 am

Im sure my kids were around 12 months when they came off baby food totally.
My kids all got teeth early and had no real trouble eating adult food. I kept food like raw apples and carrots until they were over 18 months so they could chew them properly but otherwise it wasn't a real issue.
pinky
pinky

Number of posts : 16
Loyalty Rating : 16507
Registration date : 2009-06-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down